What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquise Brown, KC (1 Viewer)

Is he known for having bad hands? Serious question. 
He had a couple notable drops last year but I'd say in general he has pretty sticky hands. Got the yips today somehow. He's actually been a back end wr1/high end 2 over his last 10 games heading into today. Should have easily had 5/110/2 to add to that. Oh well....

Marquise Brown caught four of five targets for 91 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 4 win against the Broncos. 

Brown had the highlight of the game: A gorgeous 49-yard touchdown grab in which he laid out and secured the ball before crashing to the turf. Brown made up for his disastrous Week 3 performance against Detroit, when he dropped three potential touchdowns and appeared bewildered on the sideline. Game script wasn't friendly to Brown in Week 4. The Ravens got conservative in the second half with a comfortable lead against a Denver offense led by Drew Lock. As Lamar Jackson's trusted downfield threat, Brown should have FLEX appeal in Week 5 against the Colts.

Marquise Brown caught 9-of-10 targets for 125 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 5 win over the Colts.

With his 43- and five-yard touchdowns, the second coming in overtime to win the game and seal the comeback, Brown now has five touchdowns through five games with a pair of 100-yard outings. Brown took a lot of heat for his drops in Week 3 at Detroit, but he's answered back with 4-91-1 and 9-125-2 box scores. The 10 targets tied a season best for Brown, and they were second only to Mark Andrews' 13 in this one. Both Brown and Andrews caught all four of Lamar Jackson's touchdowns. The Colts simply were too banged up in the secondary and had no answers for the Baltimore passing attack in the second half. Brown will be a WR2 next week against the Chargers.

Oct 11, 2021, 11:53 PM ET

Marquise Brown caught 4-of-5 targets for 35 yards in the Ravens' Week 6 win over the Chargers. 

One of Brown's missed connections was ... you guessed it, a dropped touchdown. Brown seemed to mis-time his jump on a target near the goal line, and let a perfect pass go off his fingertips. These things happen. Unfortunately, Brown's statline was identical to a debuting Rashod Bateman, though one of Bateman's missed connections was a perfectly-thrown ball he turned into a Lamar Jackson "interception." Bateman's arrival by no means spells doom for Brown, especially since Sammy Watkins is sidelined. Bateman will command defensive attention away from Brown. Hollywood will remain in the WR1 mix for Week 7 against the Bengals.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacob Gibbs @jagibbs_23

Oh, Marquise Brown had 321 air yards yesterday.
https://twitter.com/jagibbs_23/status/1452767124569612295?s=21

Jacob Gibbs @jagibbs_23

Most air yards in a game during the nine years I have the data available for:

414 — DeAndre Hopkins (2015 — 9-157 receiving line)
356 — Josh Gordon (2013 — 10-261-2)
322 — Odell Beckham (2014 — 12-185-1)
321 — Marquise Brown (2021 — 5-80-1 😅)
https://twitter.com/jagibbs_23/status/1452768639241838601?s=21

Marquise Brown caught 9-of-12 targets for 116 yards in the Ravens' Week 9 win against the Vikings. 

Brown had a pedestrian day until the final minutes of regulation and the Ravens' game-winning drive in overtime, finding himself wide open on short receptions that he turned into chunk plays with the help of excellent downfield blocking. Brown's dozen targets led Baltimore's offense. He's a very different fantasy producer in 2021 than he was in his first two NFL seasons due to the more balanced, less run-heavy Ravens offense. Brown has 42 targets over his past four games. He'll again be a WR2 in Week 10 against a terrible Miami defense. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Marquise Brown caught 6-of-13 targets for 37 yards in the Ravens' Week 10 loss to the Dolphins. 

Singled up nearly all evening by an aggressive Dolphins defense, Brown drew his second most targets of the season but posted his second fewest yards. It was just that kind of night for a discombobulated passing attack, one Brown couldn't bail out with any big plays. He came close on what would have been a 40-plus yard grab near the goal line early in the third quarter but could not come down with a well-covered deep ball. Brown's bounty of targets came even as Sammy Watkins was active for the first time since Week 5, and rookie Rashod Bateman continued to look impressive. We wouldn't worry about the Ravens' WR1 as a top-18 fantasy option anymore. The Bears are on tap for Week 11. 

Nov 12, 2021, 12:14 AM ET

Marquise Brown (thigh) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

We haven't heard much on Brown's status from the Ravens coaching staff or media, but we are officially on high alert for his Week 11 status. Back-to-back DNPs are never good no matter who you are, but especially if you are a speed-based wideout. We don't know if Brown is dealing with a muscle pull or contusion. The latter would be much preferable. Brown's status will be updated no later than Friday afternoon. 

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Nov 18, 2021, 1:46 PM ET

If Hollywood is out, I think Lamar comes out and dominates as a one-man wrecking crew. 200+ yards rushing and 3 rushing TDs. 300 yards passing and 2 TDs to Andrews, 1 to Bateman

Last edited by a moderator:
Marquise Brown (thigh) is listed as questionable for Week 11 against the Bears.

Brown got in a limited session on Friday after sitting out the first two practices of the week. The Friday return bodes well for his chances of suiting up against the Bears, but it might come down to game time. Hopefully, we will get a definitive update early Sunday morning. 

Nov 19, 2021, 3:17 PM ET

Marquise Brown (thigh) will not play in Week 11 against the Bears.

Brown's only practice of the week was a limited session on Friday. His absence will boost the roles of Rashod Bateman and Sammy Watkins. Both will start for the Ravens with Bateman likely seeing the biggest uptick in targets. With the No. 1 receiver role up for grabs in Baltimore, Bateman now projects for WR2 fantasy numbers while Watkins is a viable FLEX play in deeper leagues. Missing his primary receiver and deep threat, Lamar Jackson, who is questionable with an illness, gets a slight downgrade versus Chicago. He remains in the top half of the QB1 cohort. 

RELATED: 

Rashod Bateman

, Sammy Watkins

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 20, 2021, 4:33 PM ET

How serious is this thigh injury?

Is he in danger of missing another week? With it being a Sunday night game,  we need to have an idea early on Sunday.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Marquise Brown (thigh, questionable) is expected to play in Week 12 against the Browns.

Brown missed Week 11 with the thigh issue while Lamar Jackson was also out because of an illness. The offense struggled its way to 16 points in an ugly win over the Bears. With both Jackson and Brown back, expect the Ravens to have no problem putting points on the board this week. Brown should return as a boom/bust WR2 versus Cleveland.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 28, 2021, 8:53 AM ET

I'm starting him while leaving safer choices like Marvin Jones and Rhamondre Stevenson on the bench.  Can't leave those double-digit targets on the bench.  If he gets scratched from the game my fallback is Gerald Everett. 

Hold my beer.

Marquise Brown (unknown) did not participate in Thursday's practice.

Brown was not listed on the injury report on Wednesday. It's hard to know what to make of this without further team comment and the actual report, though Brown did fight thigh, back, and ankle injuries already this year. Brown's yet another situation that fantasy managers will have to keep an eye on ahead of lineups in Week 15. 

SOURCE: Jeff Zrbiec on Twitter

Dec 16, 2021, 2:05 PM ET

Marquise Brown (illness) did not participate in Thursday's practice.

With Chuck Clark also being placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Thursday, this is shaping up to be another one to monitor on Friday. The Ravens are one of several teams that are officially in Down Bad mode. If Lamar Jackson plays and Brown is fine for Sunday, he'll be an easy start against Green Bay in a potential shootout. 

Dec 16, 2021, 4:37 PM ET

Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said he "anticipates" picking up Marquise Brown's fifth-year option. 

DeCosta, who said the team wouldn't make any drastic changes to their wideout room this offseason, seems committed to keeping Brown in Baltimore after a disappointing 2021 season in which Brown's efficiency plummeted amid a career high 91 targets. Strangely used primarily as a short-field pass catcher, Brown dropped a handful of touchdowns in 2021, including a brutal drop in the team's final regular season game. More downfield usage in 2022 could make Brown a bounce-back candidate in a far more balanced Baltimore offense compared to the run-heaviness of 2019 and 2020.

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Feb 4, 2022, 10:18 AM ET

CJ Golson@CJGolson·13hBREAKING: Can now confidently confirm the earlier report by @Banned__Drew. #Ravens WR Marquise Brown is expected to step away from football and further pursue a streaming and content-creating career. My source cites future health and higher earnings potential as main factors
#NFL

I haven't seen this reported by any major people.  If it winds up being true, will be one of the wildest retirements ever.

CJ Golson@CJGolson·13hBREAKING: Can now confidently confirm the earlier report by @Banned__Drew. #Ravens WR Marquise Brown is expected to step away from football and further pursue a streaming and content-creating career. My source cites future health and higher earnings potential as main factors
#NFL
Wow.  Gobsmacked.

Retiring while healthy or to avoid future injury is one thing, and I totally understand.  But the rumors referencing the "higher earnings potential" as a main factor?!   His fifth year option with the Ravens is for $12.9M, and who knows what he could get as a FA after that.  How many Twitch streamers are making tens of millions?  Can't imagine it's any, or maybe you could count them on one hand at most.  I'm not a gamer though so not really familiar with that world...

Retiring while healthy or to avoid future injury is one thing, and I totally understand.  But the rumors referencing the "higher earnings potential" as a main factor?!   His fifth year option with the Ravens is for $12.9M, and who knows what he could get as a FA after that.  How many Twitch streamers are making tens of millions?  Can't imagine it's any, or maybe you could count them on one hand at most.  I'm not a gamer though so not really familiar with that world...
It's not true. It was a troll doing troll things. 

Can’t believe it’s been 4 years already. I can only imagine how good this kid coulda been in a better passing offense. 

As for him “retiring”, people need to stop spreading BS disguised as news. Not cool. 
It didn't help that Michael Fabiano retweeted it with affirmation that he heard "little birds chirping..." about it. It may, in the end, be true (who knows) but right now it doesn't seem that way. 

It didn't help that Michael Fabiano retweeted it with affirmation that he heard "little birds chirping..." about it. It may, in the end, be true (who knows) but right now it doesn't seem that way. 
I mean, why would he leave when they’re about to pay him for a 5th year.

at least take the money & run. No one writes songs about running without the money. I’m just sayin. 

Jadakiss's pants falling down would seem to contradict that, but I think in the video, Ghostface seems to run with the money. Can't tell. It's a money montage. 
I distinctly saw that he had money. 

i rest my case. *slams gavel*

Hey, where’d I get this gavel?  :unsure:

Can’t believe it’s been 4 years already. I can only imagine how good this kid coulda been in a better passing offense. 

As for him “retiring”, people need to stop spreading BS disguised as news. Not cool. 
I actually think this passing offense is perfectly suited for him.  I don't think he would do well as the #1 focus of the offense because of his size but as a 2nd option running free when everyone is worried about Lamar running allows him to get space and play to his strengths.   Now he does leave some stuff on the field because of missed throws but he also has his share of drops too.  

I actually think this passing offense is perfectly suited for him.  I don't think he would do well as the #1 focus of the offense because of his size but as a 2nd option running free when everyone is worried about Lamar running allows him to get space and play to his strengths.   Now he does leave some stuff on the field because of missed throws but he also has his share of drops too.  
I find the Ravens offense to be very unconventional. 

LJax 2 seasons threw ~376/382x  (yes, LJax was injured, but that’s just part of this equation) 

Josh Allen, another “running QB” threw 572/646x by comparison. 

Last 4 seasons, Aaron Rodgers in a pretty balanced offense put it up  around ~500x

Russ Wilson 516/558/400 (the latter in 14 games)

Volume matters to a WR. The Ravens offense is hardly what I would consider pass-heavy. 

i agree Brown isn’t an Alpha WR1 type, but put him on the Packers, Bills, Seahawks or just about any other team with a “normal” QB workload & he likely produces at a substantially higher level overall.

Drops are definitely an issue - don’t disagree there. But my point remains. It’s more about the Ravens not being a high volume passing team than whether Brown is a good fit for what they do. What they do simply isn’t conducive to WR production.  At least not the last couple years. If LJax is going to continue to be used as a battering ram, I don’t see that changing. 

I thought that was the case, but the article refers to the team picking up his 5th year option. I guess they're doing that a year early? 
Teams need to pick up the firth year option during the start of the offseason of the players 4th season. For example the Panthers have to pay Sam Darnold $19MM this season because they "had" to pick up his 5th year option after trading for him.

Users who are viewing this thread