What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Crabtree, Free Agent (4 Viewers)

I was not a fan of Crabtree until the news of Hurst's foot surgery came out today. I really have no clue what BAL is going to do here. BAL ran the highest percentage of 12 personnel (34%) packages last year and I was expecting Hurst to soak up a lot of targets, there isn't much depth behind him or at least players with his skill set. Maybe Mark Andrews?

Either way, I had to bump Crabtree up a bit. 

Michael Crabtree - WR -  Ravens

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec expects the Ravens to cut Michael Crabtree.

Crabtree is currently scheduled to make $7 million in 2019, $5 million of which guarantees in mid-March. That is not an unreasonable number, but the Ravens have to find explosive and reliable weapons to put around Lamar Jackson. Crabtree is neither of those things at this point in his career. Even so, he should be able to find a new home if he hits the open market.

Source: The Athletic 

Jan 22 - 11:15 AM

Ravens released WR Michael Crabtree.

Crabtree was set to make $7 million in 2019 and was due a $2 million bonus next month, but the Ravens are looking for younger, more explosive weapons to build around Lamar Jackson's inconsistencies as a passer. The veteran will now enter free agency as a 32-year-old, but he shouldn't have too hard of a time finding a new home after five straight 600-yard seasons. However, he may not be a full-time player depending on where he lands.

RELATED:  

Baltimore Ravens

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Feb 25, 2019, 12:40 PM

Probably for the best. That passing offense was anemic. From weeks 11-17, Baltimore accumulated 1135 passing yards and 5 TDs. A 16 games pace of about 2600/11.  :X

Cardinals signed WR Michael Crabtree.

Crabtree, 32 next month, played his college ball at Texas Tech under coach Mike Leach, and new Cardinals coach was also a Red Raider and is a Leach protege. Crabtree should at least be familiar with the concepts of the scheme. We're just not sure how he fits in the desert. The Cardinals already have Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk. Rookie sixth-rounder KeeSean Johnson has been the talk of camp as the No. 3 receiver. And Arizona used a day-two pick on Andy Isabella before taking Hakeem Butler at the top of the fourth round. Crabtree shouldn't be guaranteed a roster spot, but the landing spot is very interesting.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Aug 5, 2019, 7:00 PM ET

Interesting spot. Could be good to have a veteran presence, but I get the distinct feeling he's not exactly known for being a leader for young guys to emulate. 

To me, strange pickup for Arizona. They have a lot or receivers. I would have thought the Giants or Seattle or back to San Francisco. Arizona's offense though, they'll use the crap out of their receivers. Wouldn't surprise me for Crabtree to make a WR3 or WR4.

To me, strange pickup for Arizona. They have a lot or receivers. I would have thought the Giants or Seattle or back to San Francisco. Arizona's offense though, they'll use the crap out of their receivers. Wouldn't surprise me for Crabtree to make a WR3 or WR4.
Almost a referendum on the guys they currently have on the roster. Very, very strange landing spot. Not sure he even makes the roster but since he's joining so late, you almost think he's a lock.

(RotoWire) Contrary to an earlier report, Crabtree worked out for but did not sign with Arizona, NFL.com reports.
Analysis: It's not clear whether Crabtree remains an option for Arizona or if the two sides have moved on, but for now the veteran receiver remains a free agent.

Now that makes sense.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

After working out for Arizona on Monday, free-agent WR Michael Crabtree received an offer from the Cardinals; but the two sides could not agree to terms, per sources. Crabtree remains a free agent, looking for a new team.

Sounds like a guy with an ego too big, or one who doesn't want to play football anymore.
Yeah, seeing him in Baltimore last year the guy is definitely a shell of himself. I don't think he carries any fantasy relevance, I just want him to sign somewhere so I can shill him for a 3rd Round Rookie Pick...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cardinals are "closing in" on a deal with free agent Michael Crabtree.

Just a few hours after releasing veteran Kevin White and likely losing rookie Hakeem Butler for the entire year, Crabtree seems destined to finalize a deal with Arizona. It's unclear how he'll fit in coach Kliff Kingsbury's uptempo scheme, but Crabtree did notably play college ball at Texas Tech in the Air Raid scheme under coach Mike Leach. 32 next month, it's still possible Crabtree opens the season behind sixth-rounder KeeSean Johnson and day-two selection Andy Isabella.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 21, 2019, 10:52 PM ET

Should we really judge him in what he did last year in a terrible passing offense?  He’s not that far removed from making amari cooper irrelevant in Oakland and being carr’s Favorite target.  I think he will immediately challenge for the outside spot across from Kirk with fitzgerald in the slot. He had experience with air raid offense in college and apparently exploded for over 1900 yards.  Definitely intriguing.  

Cardinals signed Michael Crabtree, formerly of the Ravens, to a one-year contract.

Unable to strike a deal with Arizona during his first visit with the team, it seemed inevitable once Kevin White was released (and Hakeem Butler was announced out for the season). 32 next month, Crabtree brings a veteran presence to a roster overloaded with young stars (Christian Kirk) and developing rookies (KeeSean Johnson, Andy Isabella) behind Larry Fitzgerald. Crabtree most recently notched 54/607/3 receiving with the Ravens and is familiar with coach Kliff Kingsbury's Air Raid scheme stemming from the wideout's collegiate years spent playing under coach Mike Leach at Texas Tech. Crabtree shouldn't be guaranteed a roster spot, but the landing spot is intriguing.

SOURCE: Arizona Cardinals on Twitter

Aug 22, 2019, 12:00 AM ET

Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, and Michael Crabtree were listed as the starters on the Cardinals' depth chart.

That makes rookies KeeSean Johnson and Andy Isabella backups, but we'll see just how much Kliff Kingsbury uses four-receiver sets in the NFL. This preseason, the offense was intentionally very vanilla, though it's worth noting their preference for rotating in their receivers. It's also fair to wonder how much Crabtree has left in the tank as a 32-year-old, but he'll get the first crack at playing meaningful snaps. Crabtree is a WR5 versus the Lions.

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter

Sep 3, 2019, 7:23 PM ET

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury expects Michael Crabtree to be active this week.

Crabtree was a healthy scratch in Week 1. He's still learning the playbook after not joining the team until the end of the preseason. We're not sure why the Cardinals signed Crabtree when they have cost-controlled playmakers in KeeSean Johnson and Christian Kirk behind Larry Fitzgerald. Crabtree shouldn't be higher than the No. 4 option.

SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter

Sep 9, 2019, 4:05 PM ET

ESPN's Field Yates reports the Cardinals have cut WR Michael Crabtree.

Crabtree played just 31 snaps in two weeks, catching 4-of-5 targets for 22 scoreless yards. The Cardinals will move forward with Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk and Damiere Byrd locked in as their top-three WRs, with Trent Sherfield, KeeSean Johnson and Andy Isabella likely rotating as the No. 4 WR.

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter.

Sep 23, 2019, 4:50 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread