What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Thomas, NO (1 Viewer)

That is my choice as well...after Collins being subpar yesterday I am not in a great spot...leaning Thomas right now...but still have 45 minutes to stew over it...
Me too.  Can’t risk the bad game.  Hammy’s are bad. He could pull at any time and will be out of the game.  

My oppennent started Keenum and Thielen too.  Woods is the play here.

edit for clarity:  I am rolling with Woods. 

Last edited by a moderator:
3 leagues:

Pulling MT: choices are Fitz, MB, Lamar, Crow. Leaning MB, love Fitz but he fades in fantasy playofffs every year

Keeping, would have to pick up WW WR

Likely Pulling MT: Choices are J. gordon, CJa, Crowell. Leaning CJA.

Torn here. Thoughts?

In general, it's worth sacrificing some number of expected points in order to play it safe if you'd be favored even with your backup in the lineup (although I am disregarding this advice myself and going with Thomas based on positive reports from warm-ups).

If you're the underdog, you should risk it and go with Thomas.

Saints beat reporter:

"Michael Thomas looks like he's feeling pretty good. Dancing his way through warmups."
I'd feel better about this if I wasn't hearing it in my head in the Tim Meadows voice from the Norm McDonald sketch about Mark Brunell.

I'm rolling with Thomas over Matthews. The Saturday games didn't go well for me so I've got to go for the higher risk/reward. Would play it safer if I was projected to win.

martavius and CJA IMHO

In general, it's worth sacrificing some number of expected points in order to play it safe if you'd be favored even with your backup in the lineup (although I am disregarding this advice myself and going with Thomas based on positive reports from warm-ups).

If you're the underdog, you should risk it and go with Thomas.
Thanks. That’s where I’m at as well. I need the floor more than the upside in these 2 leagues. 

Of course I’m having visions of AB a few weeks ago on my bench (when supposedly was unlikely to play) then going for 25 points costing me division and spot in championship in one league. 

going with Thomas. My other options are either Jax guy (Cole or Westbrook). "Dancing through warmups" sounds good with an important game/potential shootout looming.

As Maurile stated I am a 18 point favorite so playing it safe with woods over Thomas. Woods is 8 spots above Thomas on Lineup Dominator

Thanks. That’s where I’m at as well. I need the floor more than the upside in these 2 leagues. 

Of course I’m having visions of AB a few weeks ago on my bench (when supposedly was unlikely to play) then going for 25 points costing me division and spot in championship in one league. 
Well I split the difference. I know WAS stinks vs Run but I just don’t trust Anderson. He is so up and down. MT in lineup over CJA. Crow, Gordon. Fingers crossed.

Well I split the difference. I know WAS stinks vs Run but I just don’t trust Anderson. He is so up and down. MT in lineup over CJA. Crow, Gordon. Fingers crossed.
Won’t know til Tuesday but looks like this backfired ($400 and a title). 

It was Hilton for me. No more WW, though I still have Hogan. Ooooof.

Merry Christmas R. Miss you in the FBG league, which is still going strong with 15 teams this year. Auction catered by Urban BBQ. Enticing? 
Sure would be. Work has sucked though...and between extra long hours and that long drive just couldn't swing it these last couple years

Michael Thomas nabbed seven-of-13 targets for 85 yards and two touchdowns Sunday in the Saints' Divisional Round loss to the Vikings.

Thomas got off to an inauspicious start on Sunday. He caught just two passes in the first half and wasn't even targeted until the second quarter while being shadowed by All-Pro cornerback Xavier Rhodes. But Thomas would not be denied in the second half, burning Minnesota for 54 yards after halftime as the Saints erased a 17-point deficit, only to lose on the game's final play. He beat Rhodes on his first touchdown, a 14-yarder, before schooling Terence Newman on a three-yard slant for his second score of the game. Keyshawn Johnson's nephew only scored five touchdowns during the regular season but went over 1,000 yards for the second straight year while setting a team record with 104 catches. He should be one of the first receivers off the board in fantasy drafts next summer.

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/fantasy-football-25-wr-statistics-2017/

So much for everyone who was worried about his upside. :lol:  Score one for the Daily Norseman
I saw he broke the record.  I never would have guessed the record holder was Jarvis Landry.  Seems more like an indication of the recent state of the NFL more than some amazing all time accomplishment.

Not disputing that Thomas is a beast and I'm happy to have him as a keeper for next year.  Just that this "record" isn't as impressive as I thought it was at first blush.

Wish he would have caught more of these TDS during the regular season.  Only thing holding him back is Brees eventual decline and departure

I saw he broke the record.  I never would have guessed the record holder was Jarvis Landry.  Seems more like an indication of the recent state of the NFL more than some amazing all time accomplishment.

Not disputing that Thomas is a beast and I'm happy to have him as a keeper for next year.  Just that this "record" isn't as impressive as I thought it was at first blush.
Stats through their first two seasons:

Thomas: 196 rec, 2382 yards, 12.2 YPC, 14 TD

Landry: 194 rec, 1915 yards, 9.9 YPC, 9 TD

Landry is unquestionably very good at what he does, but he's a pure slot guy, nothing more. Thomas not only plays the outside but has had to function as both the #2 / chain-mover when Cooks was there, and the #1 / primary target after he left. IMO that makes his breaking the record all the more impressive.

Stats through their first two seasons:

Thomas: 196 rec, 2382 yards, 12.2 YPC, 14 TD

Landry: 194 rec, 1915 yards, 9.9 YPC, 9 TD

Landry is unquestionably very good at what he does, but he's a pure slot guy, nothing more. Thomas not only plays the outside but has had to function as both the #2 / chain-mover when Cooks was there, and the #1 / primary target after he left. IMO that makes his breaking the record all the more impressive.
I get all of that.  I'm just commenting on the difference between someone breaking a record held by a Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc., and someone breaking a record held by....Jarvis Landry.  If you break a record set by Jerry Rice, you have my attention.  If you break a record set by Jarvis Landry... :yawn:  

I get all of that.  I'm just commenting on the difference between someone breaking a record held by a Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc., and someone breaking a record held by....Jarvis Landry.  If you break a record set by Jerry Rice, you have my attention.  If you break a record set by Jarvis Landry... :yawn:  
What if Jarvis Landry breaks Jerry Rice's record then that's broken by Michael Thomas?

For what it's worth, numbers 3 through 6 on that list are OBJ, Marques Colston, A.J. Green, and Fitz - two sure-fire HOFers and one guy who's widely considered one of the top three active players at the position.

Product of the era? Of course, since all these names are from the 21st century. Doesn't change the fact that it's some damn impressive company to be in.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
For what it's worth, numbers 3 through 6 on that list are OBJ, Marques Colston, A.J. Green, and Fitz - two sure-fire HOFers and one guy who's widely considered one of the top three active players at the position.

Product of the era? Of course, since all these names are from the 21st century. Doesn't change the fact that it's some damn impressive company to be in.
Really?  That seems like a stretch. (i presume you don't mean Colston).

Rapoport tweeted yesterday that he "avoided the PUP list". Obviously that's a good thing but I didn't even realize it was a risk,

Any word on the injury - can't still be the hammy from last December, which is the last news I saw above?

Rapoport tweeted yesterday that he "avoided the PUP list". Obviously that's a good thing but I didn't even realize it was a risk,

Any word on the injury - can't still be the hammy from last December, which is the last news I saw above?
Yikes, did not know there was an issue. I don't like tha- especially if it is some kind of lingering hamstring issue. 

It’s quite possible that this is a case of a reporter writing about an obvious fact and clouding it with an issue that doesn’t exist just to add a “grabber”.  Every player in the NFL who reports healthy has also avoided the PUP list.

Theres a tight knit group at the top for dynasty. Hes right there with the best. I wouldnt blink an eye if someone took him as the #1 WR in a draft. Couple guys i like a tick more but its not crazy talk.

Thankfully have him as a keeper in my main league and now kicking myself for not targeting him elsewhere. Guy is a stud and will consistently get double digit targets. 

If NO's defense doesn't get their #### together he'll finish as the WR1 rather easily. I want to chalk their performance on Sunday up to it being a divisional rivalry and Fitzpatrick being a savant but I don't think you can dismiss what happened that easily. 

Sigh. I traded him during the offseason. I got tyreek though, and Jamaal Williams, which didn’t get a whole lot of love in the dyno trade thread but I’m living with it. I had Thomas ahead of hill but worry long term at qb (but now they have a backup.)

Users who are viewing this thread