What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (2 Viewers)

Was hearing a lot of "avoid avoid", then the combine happened and all of a sudden he was golden again. And KC drafting him kept the train going.
Yeah, that too - it's another thing I try to avoid overracting to. Speed is great. Running routes, having great hands, being a good football player matters more. People see the speed and landing spot and get to comping him to Hill.

He is not Tyreek Hill. No one is except Tyreek Hill.

Not naming names, just going to state.. Don't argue with the village idiot because onlookers have a hard time discerning the difference. Board is a better place when you click ignore on certain users when you can't resist replying to the bait. (fyi, i will not respond to any comments on this first part)

My attempt to add to the Rice thread... from a FF perspective he has fallen dramatically as expected. On Underdog, he's dropped from being taken around the 2/3 turn all the way down to 7/8 round in 12 team draft ADP 82.7 and falling. It'll be interesting to see how far he slides. Makes for a very interesting pick in middle rounds. A guy considered a bubble round 2 talent going that low could win someone $1.5 mil in BBMV tourney. Missing on an 8th round pick isn't good, but won't stick a fork in a well structured team.

WR taken in his range... JSN, Diontae, Hopkins, RICE, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Curtis Samuel, Sutton, Lockett

The real down side would be more negative news coming out to drop his ADP to the teens. Drafting Rice in May in the 8th, you'll be competing against teams who get him much later in July. Fun dance to find the sweet spot.
A quick peek at the FBG staff's current rankings, and you can see Rice dropping and Brown/Worthy rising. But I think none of the staff has Rice projected to miss half the season... yet.
My favorite KC receivers are Marquis and Rice sans suspension. Feel their roles compliment each other and wont eat into each other's target share. Worthy excitement is high. Bought some shares in BBMV early. Think people are going to steam him up in drafts to a place I won't go. Feels like Worthy is as low as he's going to get unless he displays MVS hands in camp.
My gut is telling me that Worthy's ascension to top 11 in rookie drafts is overvalued. As I'd mentioned previously, Rice will be back, they brought in Hollywood. Kelce is still the #1 target.

And there were some red-flags about Worthy pre-draft that he perhaps wasn't as complete a prospect as some of the other WRs. I am always weary of a player ascending up draft boards based more on opportunity that skill set. And in this case, we don't really know what that opportunity represents, and for how long. Could be tough to get a target share in that offense once they have everyone playing.
Top 11 for superflex drafts? What league settings are you describing?
Superflex rookie drafts. You may have missed that important word.

He went 14th in my 1st rookie draft, then 13th in another I saw, and then 11th this week in my 2-team rookie SF draft.

Again, not superflex drafts, ROOKIE drafts in that format.
I still don't see it! I assumed the rookie part just didn't know if it was 1 QB or superflex rookie drafts.
I focus more on 1 QB drafts and didn't see that big of a jump there as I already had him at late first and now he is mid. For superflex I actually have him higher than 11 so I may be part of the big jump crowd there.

If there's video of Rashee leaving the scene, maybe there's video of who caused the pile up?
I could be wrong, but I thought someone posted it was Rice's car that caused the wreck and the video showed it.
Yep

The Lamborghini initiated the contact and Rice was behind the wheel. To be fair, If the Lamborghini hadn't hit the SUV first, the Corvette probably would have, but Rice was the first to hit it.
The Corvette hit the Lamborghini first according to the investigation report:

Crash Report
Looking at the video, the Lamborghini makes the first contact when it goes to the left of the SUV, clips it and then the Corvette hits it from behind. Looks pretty clear on video.

Edit to add: Just watched it again. Sure looks like the Lamborghini made contact first, but possible the Corvette clipped the Lamborghini just before both came into view.

Last edited:
I still don't see it! I assumed the rookie part just didn't know if it was 1 QB or superflex rookie drafts.
I focus more on 1 QB drafts and didn't see that big of a jump there as I already had him at late first and now he is mid. For superflex I actually have him higher than 11 so I may be part of the big jump crowd there.
That’s fair. In SF I’ve seen him steadily creep up draft boards.

Of course that could be anecdotal - it’s definitely based on a small sample size of my 2 drafts, one I saw, and 3-4 I saw on the “post your rookie drafts” topic.

That latest incident with punching the dude seemed like a small shift.

Maybe since he paid him off he’ll shift backs
:shrug:

My point was more than I don’t know if he’s even worth a 1st round rookie pick in either format. What if he’s MVSII, only used on 9 routes?

Everything is TBD right now - people are assuming a lot about him. For one, the chiefs track record of drafting WRs has been spotty at best. For another, as I’d mentioned, Rice will return at some point.

I could be wrong - it’s just like, my opinion, maaaan.

If there's video of Rashee leaving the scene, maybe there's video of who caused the pile up?
I could be wrong, but I thought someone posted it was Rice's car that caused the wreck and the video showed it.
Yep

The Lamborghini initiated the contact and Rice was behind the wheel. To be fair, If the Lamborghini hadn't hit the SUV first, the Corvette probably would have, but Rice was the first to hit it.

Crash Report
Looking at the video, the Lamborghini makes the first contact when it goes to the left of the SUV, clips it and then the Corvette hits it from behind. Looks pretty clear on video.

Edit to add: Just watched it again. Sure looks like the Lamborghini made contact first, but possible the Corvette clipped the Lamborghini just before both came into view.
does it really matter who caused what? Both cars we're the responsibility of Rice... and its pretty obvious he was driving at a high speed and risked many lives that day. But the worst part is him and his gang not giving a flying F about the damage and injuries they cause... more concerned about gathering their illegal items and hiding from the authorities. This dude should be banned for life

Yep

Crash Report

does it really matter who caused what? Both cars we're the responsibility of Rice... and its pretty obvious he was driving at a high speed and risked many lives that day. But the worst part is him and his gang not giving a flying F about the damage and injuries they cause... more concerned about gathering their illegal items and hiding from the authorities. This dude should be banned for life
8 games max. He’s in a great spot. A few teams don’t care about the off-field stuff and put winning first. KC is one of those teams. Rice will be on the field mid season and will be in the SB.

I’m getting vintage Pats dejavu.

“Who’s Brady’s favorite WR? That dude’s gonna be valuable!”

Every year it was Gronk & a hodge podge. Welker had a nice run. As did Moss. But for a few years it was a mess.

You know what they say... If you ain't rubbing you ain't racing! 🏎️🏎️

Are we possibly assuming too much that Rashee was ridin' dirty with weapons, drugs, and fellow gang members? Someone in this thread mentioned pounds of cocaine...That's some Tony Montana stuff! :gang1:🔫 ⛄

As for Xavier Worthy, I admittedly haven't done a deep dive on his tape. Fom the little bit that I've seen, I think the NFL, and most notably The Bills, made a huge mistake allowing him be drafted by the Chiefs.

My immediate reaction to the Bengals' selection of John Ross was that it was a dumb pick.

My gut feeling about Xavier Worthy, is that he's not just a fast guy. He seems to have wiggle and actual playmaking ability. If Xavier can stay on the field, and can run decent routes, the Chiefs dynasty is going to keep steamrolling forward. :sadbanana:

Not naming names, just going to state.. Don't argue with the village idiot because onlookers have a hard time discerning the difference. Board is a better place when you click ignore on certain users when you can't resist replying to the bait. (fyi, i will not respond to any comments on this first part)

My attempt to add to the Rice thread... from a FF perspective he has fallen dramatically as expected. On Underdog, he's dropped from being taken around the 2/3 turn all the way down to 7/8 round in 12 team draft ADP 82.7 and falling. It'll be interesting to see how far he slides. Makes for a very interesting pick in middle rounds. A guy considered a bubble round 2 talent going that low could win someone $1.5 mil in BBMV tourney. Missing on an 8th round pick isn't good, but won't stick a fork in a well structured team.

WR taken in his range... JSN, Diontae, Hopkins, RICE, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Curtis Samuel, Sutton, Lockett

The real down side would be more negative news coming out to drop his ADP to the teens. Drafting Rice in May in the 8th, you'll be competing against teams who get him much later in July. Fun dance to find the sweet spot.
A quick peek at the FBG staff's current rankings, and you can see Rice dropping and Brown/Worthy rising. But I think none of the staff has Rice projected to miss half the season... yet.
My favorite KC receivers are Marquis and Rice sans suspension. Feel their roles compliment each other and wont eat into each other's target share. Worthy excitement is high. Bought some shares in BBMV early. Think people are going to steam him up in drafts to a place I won't go. Feels like Worthy is as low as he's going to get unless he displays MVS hands in camp.
My gut is telling me that Worthy's ascension to top 11 in rookie drafts is overvalued. As I'd mentioned previously, Rice will be back, they brought in Hollywood. Kelce is still the #1 target.

And there were some red-flags about Worthy pre-draft that he perhaps wasn't as complete a prospect as some of the other WRs. I am always weary of a player ascending up draft boards based more on opportunity that skill set. And in this case, we don't really know what that opportunity represents, and for how long. Could be tough to get a target share in that offense once they have everyone playing.
Ascension?

Guy has been ranked between 9 and 11 since the NFL draft.

And outside of MHJr, Nabers, and Rome, every rookie this year has multiple red flags, and tbh, Worthy has a lot less than most.

Was hearing a lot of "avoid avoid", then the combine happened and all of a sudden he was golden again. And KC drafting him kept the train going.
Yeah, that too - it's another thing I try to avoid overracting to. Speed is great. Running routes, having great hands, being a good football player matters more. People see the speed and landing spot and get to comping him to Hill.

If you watched any Worthy tape you'd know he runs great routes, is an excellent separater, had decent hands (although they're a bit small), and is a good football player. He broke out as a true freshman, and did nothing but produce his entire college career.

His red flags are simply that he's small and his hands are small. That seems to matter less and less in the NFL lately.

He's no Tyreek Hill though because no one is. He reminds me of Desean Jackson \ Hollywood Brown blend.

For redraft I'd not take him at price because Reid is slow to use rookies and Hollywood is there this year. For dynasty, he'll be a Top 15 WR for years to come, as long as he stays healthy, which isn't close to certain since he's legit tiny.

If you watched any Worthy tape you'd know he runs great routes, is an excellent separater, had decent hands (although they're a bit small), and is a good football player. He broke out as a true freshman, and did nothing but produce his entire college career.

His red flags are simply that he's small and his hands are small. That seems to matter less and less in the NFL lately.

He's no Tyreek Hill though because no one is. He reminds me of Desean Jackson \ Hollywood Brown blend.

For redraft I'd not take him at price because Reid is slow to use rookies and Hollywood is there this year. For dynasty, he'll be a Top 15 WR for years to come, as long as he stays healthy, which isn't close to certain since he's legit tiny.
I’m just saying what I’ve read. Maybe you’re right & it’s more about size.

I just know speed guys rarely work out at WR for FF. Hyping up a player based on that attribute + perceived opportunity is often a mistake.

And you’re spot on about Reid - he just doesn’t trust rookie WRs, and I agree Hollywood is likely the WR to own.

Is Toney still on the roster?

Ascension?

Guy has been ranked between 9 and 11 since the NFL draft.

And outside of MHJr, Nabers, and Rome, every rookie this year has multiple red flags, and tbh, Worthy has a lot less than most.
I see you’re a fan.

Yes but this clown.

85 out of 91 players for the Chiefs attended OTA's and he was one of the 6 who felt like it was not something he needed. Out of the other 5 two were established older stars(Kelce, Chris Jones) and two are coming off surgeries.
Incredible that he thought he had such cachet that he could just not attend. Of all the players in the NFL who should be showing up, Kadarius Tony is number one on my list.

Yes but this clown.

85 out of 91 players for the Chiefs attended OTA's and he was one of the 6 who felt like it was not something he needed. Out of the other 5 two were established older stars(Kelce, Chris Jones) and two are coming off surgeries.

Dunning-Toney effect
Kadarious-Kruger effect

He either doesn’t care or is very dim. Or both. Neither are good.

Yep

Crash Report

yeah unfortunately it does..... and that's why I asked about however many pages back....who was the other driver and what charges they were facing...?....just because the other car was "registered" to Rice I don't think really matters in a criminal situation....in a civil liability/insurance situation .....sure/maybe....but the other driver of the other vehicle is responsible for whatever he is responsible for "criminally" in the accident....not Rice....Rice wasn't driving THAT car.....Rice is responsible criminally for whatever the car he was driving was involved in....

let's say the vehicle Rice was in gets through the accident Ricky Bobby style with no contact....flys by in the emergency lane or some **** and goes driving off into the sunset....this very well is a non issue for him...but the other car causes the entirety of this accident.....sure something may happen if there is video and they can prove Rice was driving the car that "got away" and maybe he gets a ticket for speeding/racing/reckless driving ....whatever....and maybe some civil/insurance liability for the other car..... but there were two drivers and they both have accountability....Rice was not responsible for both cars from an accident perspective...except they were "racing" or whatever they were doing....it will be interesting to see when the dust settles if they hold both drivers equally accountable ....hmmmm

as far as the other parts ...I agree with much of it except the pure speculation of them "gathering their illegal items" ....you have no idea nor does anybody else what they had...and we will never know...so we need to take that part out of the discussion....put it this way, would you bet your house and life savings that you could name what they had and that it was "illegal"....no you can't....was it leftover bowling alley food....?..nobody will ever really know....

total dbag for racing and endangering lives and causing an accident with injuries and leaving the scene without checking on others, etc....so he should be held accountable for that.....but let's stop with the other "speculation" of what was in the bag, etc.....even if the speculation is 100% accurate....in the end that part won't matter...

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt....everybody makes mistakes...deserves second chances....you can learn from your mistakes etc....but for me, the entirety of it all feels more like a thug/gang style mentality that is engrained and as a KC fan I would just assume they wash their hands and move on.....he would have to show some major remorse and live changing behaviors for me to be ok with it....I'm not sure he is capable of that....its sad..

Yep

Crash Report

yeah unfortunately it does..... and that's why I asked about however many pages back....who was the other driver and what charges they were facing...?....just because the other car was "registered" to Rice I don't think really matters in a criminal situation....in a civil liability/insurance situation .....sure/maybe....but the other driver of the other vehicle is responsible for whatever he is responsible for "criminally" in the accident....not Rice....Rice wasn't driving THAT car.....Rice is responsible criminally for whatever the car he was driving was involved in....

let's say the vehicle Rice was in gets through the accident Ricky Bobby style with no contact....flys by in the emergency lane or some **** and goes driving off into the sunset....this very well is a non issue for him...but the other car causes the entirety of this accident.....sure something may happen if there is video and they can prove Rice was driving the car that "got away" and maybe he gets a ticket for speeding/racing/reckless driving ....whatever....and maybe some civil/insurance liability for the other car..... but there were two drivers and they both have accountability....Rice was not responsible for both cars from an accident perspective...except they were "racing" or whatever they were doing....it will be interesting to see when the dust settles if they hold both drivers equally accountable ....hmmmm

as far as the other parts ...I agree with much of it except the pure speculation of them "gathering their illegal items" ....you have no idea nor does anybody else what they had...and we will never know...so we need to take that part out of the discussion....put it this way, would you bet your house and life savings that you could name what they had and that it was "illegal"....no you can't....was it leftover bowling alley food....?..nobody will ever really know....

total dbag for racing and endangering lives and causing an accident with injuries and leaving the scene without checking on others, etc....so he should be held accountable for that.....but let's stop with the other "speculation" of what was in the bag, etc.....even if the speculation is 100% accurate....in the end that part won't matter...

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt....everybody makes mistakes...deserves second chances....you can learn from your mistakes etc....but for me, the entirety of it all feels more like a thug/gang style mentality that is engrained and as a KC fan I would just assume they wash their hands and move on.....he would have to show some major remorse and live changing behaviors for me to be ok with it....I'm not sure he is capable of that....its sad..
If I were running a team, prior to the draft I would hire investigators to find out more about the personal lives of players before drafting them. Who do they hang out with? What are their activities in their free time? It can't be that hard to do, but my guess is that it isn't a priority, but should be.

Yep

Crash Report

If I were running a team, prior to the draft I would hire investigators to find out more about the personal lives of players before drafting them. Who do they hang out with? What are their activities in their free time? It can't be that hard to do, but my guess is that it isn't a priority, but should be.
wasn't it JaMarcus Russell and/or Crabtree that actually caught the PI tailing them before the draft? And if I recall the Raiders got backlash for the invasion of privacy.
I agree, before they sign these young men multiple of millions they should do their homework but how far is too far?

Yep

Crash Report

I hate that answer, but its probably correct. KC's reaction should be telling; remember Kareem Hunt... what did he actually do that was wrong? This is WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY worse and Hunt was released so after; so if KC doesn't down the NFL punishment its egg on their face.

Yep

Crash Report

wasn't it JaMarcus Russell and/or Crabtree that actually caught the PI tailing them before the draft? And if I recall the Raiders got backlash for the invasion of privacy.
I agree, before they sign these young men multiple of millions they should do their homework but how far is too far?
Not much different than a spouse hiring a PI to tail a cheating spouse, or a potential employer looking at someone's social media to get an idea of the person they may hire. Too far? Not in my opinion it isn't. It's not as if they are bugging their apartment. You can scout out who a person hangs with without infringing on their personal space.

Last edited:
I hate that answer, but its probably correct. KC's reaction should be telling; remember Kareem Hunt... what did he actually do that was wrong? This is WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY worse and Hunt was released so after; so if KC doesn't down the NFL punishment its egg on their face.
You & I have very different definitions of what constitutes better or worse, friend.

The Kansas City Chiefs cut their star running back, Kareem Hunt, on Friday, shortly after the N.F.L. suspended him in response to the release of a video that showed Hunt knocking a woman down and kicking her at a hotel in February.Nov

He beat the woman and kicked her when she was down.

IMO that’s not not waaaaaaaaay better than speeding, reckless driving, and fleeing the scene.

I have them right around the same degree of awful, and I’m not sure why one would point to Hunt’s transgressions as any sort of benchmark for Rice’s bad behavior.

If I were running a team, prior to the draft I would hire investigators to find out more about the personal lives of players before drafting them.
~300 prospects is a lot of PIs with a relatively short amount of time to investigate for a few weeks each to gather the info accurately.

You & I have very different definitions of what constitutes better or worse, friend.

The Kansas City Chiefs cut their star running back, Kareem Hunt, on Friday, shortly after the N.F.L. suspended him in response to the release of a video that showed Hunt knocking a woman down and kicking her at a hotel in February.Nov

IMO that’s not not waaaaaaaaay better than speeding, reckless driving, and fleeing the scene.

I have them right around the same degree of awful, and I’m not sure why one would point to Hunt’s transgressions as any sort of benchmark for Rice’s bad behavior.
I had to rewatch the video because my memory was foggy.

But from what can be seen, he shoved her twice, the second time to the floor. The “kick” can be hardly constituted as one, there was no force behind it. Brutalizes (as the video captions) is overstating it. So I’m going to respectfully disagree with you on it being on the same degree of awful. If you’ve seen that hotel video of Diddy beating up that woman by the elevator, that was way worse.

Kareem Hunt was a fool for engaging in the first place, and I don’t condone his conduct in any way. But this one has long been exaggerated as being more violent than it actually was. Ray Rice and Joe Mixon were worse, by far, same with De’Andre Johnson from FSU. Rashee Rice’s car crash was worse. I wouldn’t put them on the same degree at all.

But from what can be seen, he shoved her twice, the second time to the floor. The “kick” can be hardly constituted as one, there was no force behind it. Brutalizes (as the video captions) is overstating it. So I’m going to respectfully disagree with you on it being on the same degree of awful. If you’ve seen that hotel video of Diddy beating up that woman by the elevator, that was way worse.

Kareem Hunt was a fool for engaging in the first place, and I don’t condone his conduct in any way. But this one has long been exaggerated as being more violent than it actually was. Ray Rice and Joe Mixon were worse, by far. Rashee Rice’s car crash was worse. I wouldn’t put them on the same degree at all.
Agree to disagree.

If I were running a team, prior to the draft I would hire investigators to find out more about the personal lives of players before drafting them.
~300 prospects is a lot of PIs with a relatively short amount of time to investigate for a few weeks each to gather the info accurately.
from a franchise perspective.....I would maybe limit it to "first three rounds worthy" type players which would cut that number into about half or so maybe....and you might be able to even recognize that half prior to "the last few weeks before the draft".....heck if I was an owner I might be scouting potential stars or high draft picks before they become draft eligible...with the money these franchises make.....you could hire a "potential bad guy scouting squad" of ten guys or whatever that start a " criminal profile" so to speak on these guys from early college on, going back to when they were in high school, etc....or some ****...

Last edited:

Kareem Hunt was a fool for engaging in the first place, and I don’t condone his conduct in any way. But this one has long been exaggerated as being more violent than it actually was. Ray Rice and Joe Mixon were worse, by far, same with De’Andre Johnson from FSU. Rashee Rice’s car crash was worse. I wouldn’t put them on the same degree at all.
Yeah, the “kick” was more of a “shove” with his foot. Total punk move on his part but not on the Diddy level.

Yeah, the “kick” was more of a “shove” with his foot. Total punk move on his part but not on the Diddy level.
I don’t consider degrees of DV. It happens or it doesn’t.

Any form of it should be condemned universally.
Difference between “condemning” it and pointing out a severe exaggeration. And yes, there are different levels of DV. Ray Rice knocking a woman out and Diddy punching and actually kicking a woman was a totally different category than what Hunt did.

It’s about intent. Ray rice and others intended to beat the hell out of women. Rashee was an idiot but didn’t intend to hurt anyone. One is not like the other.
It also wasn’t Britt Reid’s intent to injure two kids (including putting one in a coma) when he took the wheel under the influence and crashed his car into two parked cars near the Chiefs facility. But that’s what happened anyway. Intent is besides the point.

It’s about intent. Ray rice and others intended to beat the hell out of women. Rashee was an idiot but didn’t intend to hurt anyone. One is not like the other.
What you are even saying here? Ray Rice hit A woman, not women. It was bad, but it was also not premeditated, he lost his cool in a split second. You paint a really false picture.

What you are even saying here? Ray Rice hit A woman, not women. It was bad, but it was also not premeditated, he lost his cool in a split second. You paint a really false picture.
I disagree. If Rashee intentionally steered into someone and tried to hit them, it would be much worse than racing and crashing.
It is about intent. Ray’s decision was to hit a woman. Rashee’s decision was to race his friend on the highway.
Both were dumb, but if we are considering which is worse, I’ll take Ray’s decision all day.
And for the record, I think Rashee should be suspended for at least one year and should do some time.

No need to investigate that many, just some of the higher picks with question marks. The later round picks don't carry as much risk.

from a franchise perspective.....I would maybe limit it to "first three rounds worthy" type players which would cut that number into about half or so maybe....and you might be able to even recognize that half prior to "the last few weeks before the draft".....heck if I was an owner I might be scouting potential stars or high draft picks before they become draft eligible...with the money these franchises make.....you could hire a "potential bad guy scouting squad" of ten guys or whatever that start a " criminal profile" so to speak on these guys from early college on, going back to when they were in high school, etc....or some ****...
this

I disagree. If Rashee intentionally steered into someone and tried to hit them, it would be much worse than racing and crashing.
It is about intent. Ray’s decision was to hit a woman. Rashee’s decision was to race his friend on the highway.
Both were dumb, but if we are considering which is worse, I’ll take Ray’s decision all day.
And for the record, I think Rashee should be suspended for at least one year and should do some time.
I’m not debating Rashee vs Ray.

Dude, one guy was involve in endangering multiple lives... families! And simply got out of his car and walked away.
The other guy got into an argument with a drunk entitled young 20 something yr old that wouldn't leave him alone.

Did he touch her; YES!
Did she get in his face... YES!
Was he wrong... YES!
Should he have been cut.. NO!

But Rice can be charged with multiple felonies and still be allowed to report to train... so nice job KC

I don’t consider degrees of DV. It happens or it doesn’t.

Any form of it should be condemned universally.
Difference between “condemning” it and pointing out a severe exaggeration. And yes, there are different levels of DV. Ray Rice knocking a woman out and Diddy punching and actually kicking a woman was a totally different category than what Hunt did.

On top that the video leaked and the Cleveland police still said there was nothing to charge him.
I know Diddy's got hidden but there's a difference between a Billionaire's assault video compared to just some NFL football player

He didn't intent to hurt anyone; but he put multiple people's lives endanger with his actions and did not give a flying F after he was involved in hurting those people.
You could argue that Ray Rice went out that night without the intention to KO his wife... but events unfolded and he hit her
You can argue that Hunt invited those girls to his hotel for something besides shoving her... but events unfollowed and cops were called
And you can argue that Ray Lewis didn't intent on being involved in a murder... but he was

Diddy on the otherhand... he is at a whole other level of evil

Even though you seem to want to ignore it, there are different levels of bad behavior.
I'm not at all ignoring it at all. I specifically called it out.

I'm just saying I don't see why it matters. Bad behavior is bad behavior.
- one person slapping another person in the face
- one person clubbing another person in the face with a Silver Slugger

Both are instances of a person being struck in the face and neither are good. But one is objectively more violent than the other. Hence why there are levels to it and why I can’t personally treat them as the same.

To your previous point though I agree that the team is waiting for the legal process before doing any suspension because it can otherwise be appealed and won by Rice.

Sorry, but a big no on bolded. There are all kinds of bad behavior and some much worse than others.
Never said there wasn’t.

I’m saying it’s all bad and i am allowed to think badly of all people who do bad things.

That said, I still don’t see how one can hold Rice accountable for things that might have happened. One can only hold Rice accountable for what did happen, which is already pretty bad.

As for DV, any placing of hands on a woman in violence, regardless of severity is condemnable behavior. I don’t assign degrees to DV.

If you do, we’ll have to agree to disagree.
I think there's a sliding scale of intent just like there is a sliding scale of severity. Unless you're completely infallible, you endanger other's lives at some minuscule probability every time you drive. Anything you do that makes a severe accident more likely, amounts to some degree of intent. Not talking legally, just practically ...

Sorry, but a big no on bolded. There are all kinds of bad behavior and some much worse than others.
Never said there wasn’t.

I’m saying it’s all bad and i am allowed to think badly of all people who do bad things.

That said, I still don’t see how one can hold Rice accountable for things that might have happened. One can only hold Rice accountable for what did happen, which is already pretty bad.

As for DV, any placing of hands on a woman in violence, regardless of severity is condemnable behavior. I don’t assign degrees to DV.

If you do, we’ll have to agree to disagree.
In today's world, I don't see how you can't assign degrees. Virtually any contact is considered "assault", at least in California. Pushing some lunatic, ex-girlfriend away who is trying to force her way into your house and then locking the door is way different than punching her in the face multiple times. Both are considered DV, but one is much worse than the other.

To your previous point though I agree that the team is waiting for the legal process before doing any suspension because it can otherwise be appealed and won by Rice.
That’s my overarching point.
Yup.

On a side note regarding Hunt, his incident occurred in February of 2018 but it wasn’t until the tape got released to the public on November 30 that anything came of it. The next day the league placed Hunt on the exempt list and the Chiefs followed that by releasing him. Hunt wasn’t charged with a crime either. But because the league took action, the Chiefs felt compelled to as well. Rice has yet to be placed on the exempt list, so even if the Chiefs intend on disciplining him, their hands are tied until the league office responds.

Edit - fixed it because no team ever “wants” to punish their players

Last edited:
Drop 100% of the non football talk. If you want to argue society and behavior, do it somewhere else besides the Shark Pool.
It’s kind of all interwoven together. It’s hard to talk about Rice without comparing him to other NFL players who have messed up and been suspended or did time.

Are you saying we can’t do that?

the convo did go outside of Football about whats right and wrong with society; especially when Diddy was mentioned.

Drop 100% of the non football talk. If you want to argue society and behavior, do it somewhere else besides the Shark Pool.
It’s kind of all interwoven together. It’s hard to talk about Rice without comparing him to other NFL players who have messed up and been suspended or did time.

Are you saying we can’t do that?

the convo did go outside of Football about whats right and wrong with society; especially when Diddy was mentioned.

I’ll agree. As a Rice owner I keep coming in here wondering if there’s some kind of update ( the Shark Pool is a great one stop shop for updates on players ), and it has often been filled with conversation that falls outwith actual player news and has been quite honestly yawn inducing at times. Take that from someone that loves this place and has never once complained about a single poster on here.

It also wasn’t Britt Reid’s intent to injure two kids (including putting one in a coma) when he took the wheel under the influence and crashed his car into two parked cars near the Chiefs facility. But that’s what happened anyway. Intent is besides the point.
But beyond intent there is what actually happened and that has consequences. So while the intent might not have been there the actual results required there to be more punishment. Results do matter.

Users who are viewing this thread