What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tim Patrick, DEN (1 Viewer)

Tim Patrick caught 4-of-8 targets for 77 yards in the Broncos' Week 11 loss to the Vikings.

Returning from injured reserve, Patrick was active for the first time since Week 2. The Broncos had telegraphed a big role for Patrick in his return for weeks, and that came to fruition with Patrick's eight targets matching the second most of his career. Patrick tweaked his shoulder at once point but ended up missing only a few plays. Ticketed for a nice role on the outside opposite Courtland Sutton, Patrick could develop some WR5 appeal. The Bills are a tough Week 12 matchup.

Nov 17, 2019, 7:06 PM ET

Tim Patrick (shoulder) did not practice Wednesday.

Patrick suffered his injury in Week 11, but he only missed a few plays before returning. It's unclear if the injury is more serious than it appeared or if this was just a day of rest. Thursday's and Friday's practice reports will be telling. Courtland Sutton has been the No. 1 receiver and Patrick looks to have a good grasp as the second receiver after seeing eight targets in his return last week.

SOURCE: DenverBroncos.com

Nov 20, 2019, 6:20 PM ET

This would really stink if he was already hurt. He looked really good out of the gate.

Gotta think with Sutton, Patrick and Fant, Denver will be an attractive spot for a QB in 2020

Broncos WR Tim Patrick (shoulder) is questionable for Sunday's matchup against the Bills.

Patrick flashed some upside in his season debut, catching 4-of-8 targets for 77 scoreless yards. He possesses enough size and speed to give most CBs problems. Still, this probably isn't the spot to chase the No. 3 pass-game option in a still-meh offense. The Bills join the Cowboys, Chiefs, Chargers, Rams, Patriots and Steelers as the only defenses to allow one or fewer WRs to surpass 100 receiving yards in a game this season.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Nov 22, 2019, 3:16 PM ET

You know they will give Drew Lock a look this year.  Is he enough to elevate these skill players?
No.  If he would even resemble competence they would put him out there.  Most likely he is another Elway project that implodes. 

Elway should just step down, he's Millenesque.

If and when he does get a look, expect passion game options to suffer the same way the Bengals did when they went to Finley. 

He's going to suck for the short term for sure. 

So now Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Fant, and Gordon are getting some level of hype? Either there’s going to be a lot of disappointed fantasy owners or Lock is going to be a top 5 option. Somehow that doesn’t feel likely. 

Broncos WR Tim Patrick caught 6-of-7 targets for 113 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos' Week 4 win over the Jets.

With K.J. Hamler and Noah Fant knocked out with injury, Patrick answered the bell opposite Jerry Jeudy, leading the Broncos in every receiving category. His score was a seven-yard bullet from Brett Rypien in the end zone. The Broncos' answer to Kendrick Bourne, Patrick surfaces for the occasional big day when dictated by injury to his teammates, but there is no real path to consistent fantasy value here. Even if Hamler and Fant both miss Week 5 against the Patriots, Patrick will be a tough sell as a WR4. 

Oct 2, 2020, 12:32 AM ET

Crazy that an UDFA journeyman who didn't really make the cut for the Ravens, 9ers, or even the Broncos prior to tonight seems like the preferred magnet for targets compared to their blue-chip rookie when other credible options (especially Fant) were down.

How sustainable is this? I'd say not likely but it's not as if Jeudy has been a preferred target at all this season.

What is going on? Is this solely the fact that Desir was covering him the whole game (and was he)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy that an UDFA journeyman who didn't really make the cut for the Ravens, 9ers, or even the Broncos prior to tonight seems like the preferred magnet for targets compared to their blue-chip rookie when other credible options (especially Fant) were down.

How sustainable is this? I'd say not likely but it's not as if Jeudy has been a preferred target at all this season.

What is going on? Is this solely the fact that Desir was covering him the whole game (and was he)?
Completely unsupported by any facts guess: Juedy spent his time running with the first team and Lock.  Meanwhile, what little practice time Rypien got was with second and third stringers, so he and Patrick had more time to build a connection and get comfortable with each other.

"Patrick surfaces for the occasional big day when dictated by injury to his teammates, but there is no real path to consistent fantasy value here. Even if Hamler and Fant both miss Week 5 against the Patriots, Patrick will be a tough sell as a WR4. "

I mean right there is the answer. Hamler (who was outsnapping all the WRs and starting alongside Jeudy) got hurt on the 1st drive and Fant got hurt later on. His snaps would drop precipitously if Hamler and Fant are healthy.

It seems like he does this every year and every year I fall for it and pick him up off waivers.... NOT this time bucko!

Funny, I hadn't read this thread in two years and the first post I see is one where I was forced to start him one week in 2018, and it totally worked out for me. I remember him getting in my boxscore and helping out last year as well. And now, 2020. I needed him pretty bad in a few spots last night and he came through really big for me. Again.

I don't know what Hamler is and I know they drafted Jeudy to be the man, but it sure seems like Patrick has a decent floor and some upside for the rest of 2020. Once again stoked that I got him and used him successfully the week *before* he blows up as a waiver target. 

Between losing Henry and Juju in a number of stacks on top of all the other injuries, and with a greater than zero chance of Min/Hou getting cancelled, and where I need Jefferson in my lineups in the worst way, I started Patrick in a number of spots last night. 

I picked this guy up a couple weeks ago and really don't know much about him.  How does this guy look?  The stats are good for sure last 3 weeks, but I understand Denver has everyone injured.  

Tim Patrick caught 4-of-6 targets for 101 yards in Week 6 against the Patriots.

This marks back-to-back games over 100 yards for Patrick, who had a 6/113/1 line before Denver's Week 5 bye. Patrick has benefitted from K.J. Hamler and Noah Fant missing time. That could change next week, with both potentially returning. The Broncos have a matchup with the Chiefs in Week 7. 

Oct 18, 2020, 4:37 PM ET

Seems like he is benefitting most from Sutton out as he is getting those type of looks. Don't think Fant has too much impact on him. Hamler could grab a few targets.

Broncos coach Vic Fangio said Tim Patrick (hamstring) is "day to day."

Like the rest of Denver's offense, Patrick was a non-factor on Sunday, becoming limited in-game with a soft tissue injury. He was replaced in the interim by both DaeSean Hamilton and Tyrie Cleveland. Coming off back-to-back 100-yard performances prior to injury, Patrick would garner WR4 status against the Chargers if he's cleared for Week 8.

SOURCE: Zac Stevens on Twitter

Oct 26, 2020, 2:24 PM ET

Broncos WR Tim Patrick (hamstring) did not practice Thursday. 

Patrick, who has emerged as the Broncos' default No. 1 receiver in recent weeks, caught three balls for 44 yards before exiting Week 7's game against Kansas City. Broncos head coach Vic Fangio described Patrick as "day to day," as his Week 8 status looks more iffy by the day. Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler could see more playing time and possibly more targets if Patrick miss this week's game against the Chargers. 

RELATED: 

Jerry Jeudy

, KJ Hamler

SOURCE: Ryan O'Halloran on Twitter 

Oct 29, 2020, 2:58 PM ET

Tim Patrick (hamstring) is questionable for Week 8 against the Chargers.

Assuming Patrick isn't able to go after missing practice throughout the week, Denver's top four wideouts would be three rookies (Jerry Jeudy, K.J. Hamler, Tyrie Cleveland) and DaeSean Hamilton. Rookie TE Albert Okwuegbunam remains the sneaky pivot from Patrick since the Broncos have leaned on the league's highest rate of 12 personnel the past two weeks. Jeudy is the only wideout among this group that can be trusted as a WR3 against the Chargers.

RELATED: 

Jerry Jeudy

SOURCE: Aric DiLalla on Twitter

Oct 30, 2020, 4:04 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos WR Tim Patrick (hamstring) is "pushing to play" but Denver calling up a wide receiver from their practice squad indicates he will be inactive.

Patrick isn't a household name but he has played on over 80% of Denver's offensive snaps in three games this year. He saw eight targets in Week 6 but missed much of Week 7 with this hamstring injury. The Broncos will likely be starting three rookie wideouts versus the Chargers (Jerry Jeudy, K.J. Hamler, and Tyrie Cleveland) but rookie tight end Albert Okwuegbunam could also see extra snaps. Jeudy is the only receiver worth a look in fantasy leagues.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 1, 2020, 8:32 AM ET

Tim Patrick (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday and Thursday's practices. 

Patrick is ahead of Week 8, where he turned in three straight DNPs before sitting out against the Chargers. Patrick turned in back-to-back 100-yard days before pulling up lame in Week 7 against the Chiefs. We will probably rank Jerry Jeudy ahead of Patrick even if Patrick is able to go, but he will have some WR4 appeal against the Falcons' lax defense. 

Nov 5, 2020, 6:03 PM ET

Broncos WR Tim Patrick caught four of six targets for 61 yards before getting ejected from the Broncos' Week 10 game against the Raiders.

Patrick and Raiders CB Isaiah Johnson were both ejected for getting in a small fight after a play. Johnson shoved Patrick and then Patrick gave him a hand to the face. Patrick has caught at least four passes in six of his eight contests this season. He'll be worth a flyer at FLEX for teams in desperate need of wide receiver production in Week 11 versus the Dolphins. 

- Rotoworld

Tim Patrick caught all four of his targets for 44 yards and two touchdowns in Week 13 against the Chiefs.

It's another big game from Patrick, who went over 100 yards in Week 11. Patrick's four targets were tied for third on the team, but two of them went for scores. Through 12 weeks, Patrick is on pace for a 53/809/7 line. Patrick gets a matchup with the Panthers in Week 14.

Dec 7, 2020, 12:38 AM ET

Tim Patrick caught 3-of-5 targets for 36 yards and a touchdown in Week 14 against the Panthers.

Patrick is now up to three touchdowns in two weeks, and scored this one in a short-yardage situation near the goal line on a play that was scripted to get him the football. The opportunity just was not going to be there today with the Broncos operating in positive gamescript throughout, but Patrick is on a hot streak with either a touchdown or 60-plus yards in five of six games. He can be viewed as a WR3 against the Bills in Week 15.

- Rotoworld

The Broncos are likely to place at least a second-round tender on restricted free agent Tim Patrick.

Patrick is coming off career highs, posting a 51/742/6 line as a 15 game starter. Denver may play it safe and give him a first-round tender, as there could be league interest in the 27-year-old.  It’s possible the Broncos shop Patrick this offseason given their depth at receiver, but he'll be brought back if he isn’t traded.

SOURCE: ESPN

Feb 27, 2021, 9:35 AM ET

Broncos GM George Paton confirmed the team plans to tender restricted free agent Tim Patrick.

The Denver Channel's Troy Renck expects Patrick to be tendered at the second-round level. That should be enough to hold off teams after Patrick led the Broncos in receiving last season. Denver is also expected to tender offers to RFAs Phillip Lindsay and Alexander Johnson.

RELATED: 

Phillip Lindsay

, A.J. Johnson

SOURCE: ABC Denver

Mar 6, 2021, 9:21 AM ET

look for his value to plummet if he sticks with Denver.  Sutton will be back and Hamler will probably be more involved.

Users who are viewing this thread