What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

As it stands now for Hill (nobody else, including his child, just Hill).... technically, the only thing that has really changed from this time last year to now is his kid has been temporarily removed from his custody......
As it stands now for Iceberg...technically, the only thing that matters is the tip because that is what is above the water ....

Making statements like this is incredibly misleading.  "What you see" doesn't tell the whole story and making statements as such is using specific framing to fit your narrative.

Last edited by a moderator:
As it stands now for Iceberg...technically, the only thing that matters is the tip because that is what is above the water ....

Making statements like this is incredibly misleading.  "What you see" doesn't tell the whole story and making statements as such is using specific framing to fit your narrative.
I'm not trying to mislead anybody or create any type of narrative.....I'm fully aware that things could change at any moment....but that's technically where we are at right now....

He's been investigated by the police....the DA is not moving forward with anything criminal against him...

parental rights have not been terminated and his son has been removed from his custody (possibly temporarily, which happens in many cases while services are implemented, or possibly longer)....and we have no idea for sure what he did or didn't do or what the extent of his role was in causing the child to be removed....it could be really bad....it could be not so bad for him and the child is returned soon.....thats why without knowing (which we won't ever get the "details") there are many possible layers and scenarios when you have two parents involved....anything else is pure speculation because not one person in here can say they know how the child broke his arm or who did it.....

This particular response is inaccurate.  Like you didn't even read my post 
if you want to say I am downplaying it.....fine...I don't care....it doesn't change anything.....if that means you are making some point....fine...you win, you are right i'm downplaying it...call it whatever you want...

I think overall yesterday's press conference probably hurt Hill more than it helped him. There were a lot of possible outcomes, and the most important one is that he won't be wearing an orange jump suit and staying at a state correctional facility any time soon. However, let's look at what DIDN'T happen first.

They could have come out and said that Hill wasn't home at the time, that he wasn't ever a suspect, DCS stepped in to be overly safe and cautious, nothing was that big of a deal, and the child would be immediately placed back in the home. That would have been a win on all fronts and would have probably been enough for the NFL to do a cursory investigation into the matter, and the league probably would not have taken action beyond that.

The next tier below that in terms of what wasn't announced at the press conference was something along the lines of there was miscommunication by the parents, the child ended up being left unattended and fell and injured himself, it was an accident, they were working with Hill and his fiance to get everyone on the same page, they erred on the side of caution, and the child would be back in the house very soon. Again, that scenario would probably have been a big win for Hill in having to deal with the NFL.

But what DID happen was the announcement that they wished they could charge someone but they couldn't fully tell who did what, essentially meaning they couldn't take the case to trial and expect to win. That is a far cry from them saying Hill didn't do anything. They went on to say they suspected a crime had been committed, they just couldn't prove it. They think they know what went down, but no one will be able to verify or testify to it.

IMO, that basically means the NFL will roll up their sleeves and investigate and will set up a showdown between Hill, his attorneys, the NFLPA, and Sheriff Goodell. Unfortunately for Hill, the league doesn't have to prove or justify anything. They can basically say that they think Hill was involved or conspired to cover up what happened (and potentially face more discipline if he refuses to cooperate with the league in figuring out what happened). We've seen in several other instances players getting suspended without charges ever being filed.

While Hill issued a statement saying nothing is more important to him than his family, his statement is more telling in what he DIDN'T say. He didn't say he didn't so anything. He didn't say he was working with authorities to figure out what really happened. He didn't say that the matter was getting handled within the family and everything would be fine. In fact, he didn't say much of anything. His attorneys added that he was innocent . . . but Hill didn't say it or go there. The attorneys said they couldn't say more due to confidentiality (attorneys rarely say nothing when they have the chance to pound their chests after a favorable outcome).

Sure, there's a ton of information we don't know, but the league will get on this and I would guess there is enough information available for the league to consider and conclude that Hill may have been involved. Essentially, unlike the court system, I would guess Hill will have to prove his innocence to the league. That certainly goes against the rule of jurisprudence in a court setting, but the NFL is not a court.

As I posted earlier, if there is enough backlash about Hill, the league will have to do something even if it really doesn't want to. It's all about protecting the shield. 

Brooke Pryor ✔ @bepryor

Hill in the audio to Crystal Espinal: "You need to be terrified of me, too, #####"

6:02 PM - Apr 25, 2019

:censored: :wall: Moved Golladay in 1 league, and 1.6 and OJ Howard for him in another. 3 great assets gone for nothing now. Why couldn't this crap have come out sooner?!?! 

Nate Taylor @ByNateTaylor

Crystal Espinal: "He is terrified of you. And you say that he respects you, but it's not respect."  

Hill: "He respects me."

Crystal: "He is terrified of you."

Hill: "You need to be terrified of me, too, #####. That's why you can't keep a ####### man."

6:08 PM · Apr 25, 2019

Crystal Espinal: "He is terrified of you. And you say that he respects you, but it's not respect."  

Hill: "He respects me."

Crystal: "He is terrified of you."

Hill: "You need to be terrified of me, too, #####. That's why you can't keep a ####### man."

6:08 PM · Apr 25, 2019
This is awful. We're moving away from a fantasy football story to a human tragedy story. I feel terrible for his child. Hill needs to be banned from the league and rehabilitated as a person.

Apologies to those who hold him in dynasty. 

Crystal Espinal: "I rode for you against that detective & the CPS people. They said time & time again that he literally kept saying 'Daddy punches me.' "Which you do when he starts crying. What do you do? You make him open up his arms & you punch him in the chest."

6:24 PM · Apr 25, 2019

can any legal people chime in - how does this audio work as evidence if they want to send him to jail?

I'm assuming at this point Crystal Espinal will work with the authorities.

Yep, he deserves all he has coming to him. POS. And I'm so pissed at myself that I traded for this piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Chiefs release him, some other team will sign him.  Too much talent.  That's the sad reality of the league.

In fantasy news, Marquise Brown's line is trending positive to be the first WR taken in the draft. Presumably that's a reaction to what is likely to happen with Hill's suspension or expulsion. 

Disagree. If this was his first offense he could possibly get a second chance, but a repeat offender with audio tapes like this? And the victim is a 3 year old? No way IMO. He’s done.
Sorry man.  I know he's got issues, but the NFL has a long list of talented guys who still play despite terrible decisions.  Give it a year, a team will sign him, and we will all be drafting him in fantasy again.  It's reality.

Sorry man.  I know he's got issues, but the NFL has a long list of talented guys who still play despite terrible decisions.  Give it a year, a team will sign him, and we will all be drafting in fantasy again.  
I do not hold NFL teams in very high regard as they obviously brush a lot of BS under the rug in the name of winning football games. I think this is a bridge too far, though. We’ll see.

After removal of the child I have been warning people to stay away.  Removing a child is not normal and only happens in severe cases. 

After listening to that audio I did not find it that bad.  Th removal of the child is way worse than what I heard.  child services would have had more evidence than that to go on to remove the child from their care.

The worst part of that audio for Hill is the attention it is now getting.

After removal of the child I have been warning people to stay away.  Removing a child is not normal and only happens in severe cases. 

After listening to that audio I did not find it that bad.  Th removal of the child is way worse than what I heard.  child services would have had more evidence than that to go on to remove the child from their care.

The prosecutor already stated that a crime was clearly committed but they couldn't prove who did it. But if they know it was one of the parents but can't prove which one, child services can still remove the child from the home since they know one of the abusers lives there.

I found the audio pretty bad - not only did Hill abuse his child, but he would still probably beat the **** out of his fiance.

If only humans were capable of reading between the lines on this. I can't believe someone has the nerve to lament the fact that they got burned trading for this guy. What rock were people living under?

If you wake up in the morning and there is snow on the ground, you can conclude it snowed during the night even though you weren't there to see it. It's not a perfect analogy but I honestly don't know what people were thinking making moves for this guy. I guess now people that were *really* holding out can buy him even cheaper.

In other news almost any WR that gets drafted by KC is in play for the 1.01.

No the worst part is that he is guilty AF and everyone now knows it and can't deny it. With the possible exception of whether this thing is fabricated somehow. Not buying it, though. But yeah *technically*.

Users who are viewing this thread