What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL IV (1 Viewer)

I've re-selected while you guys were harping on it......check my original 4.06 post.
bet you got PM spammed too haha. sorry!also, hadn't seen that in the rules (about clock off from midnight to 8am EST), thanks for pointing it out. now i can get my beauty rest :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping to get Holmes or Jennings here, but twas not to happen.

4.07: Roddy White, ATL WR

Not the ideal WR1, but I'll make up for it elsewhere and hopefully he'll even improve on last year.

I was hoping to get Holmes or Jennings here, but twas not to happen. 4.07: Roddy White, ATL WRNot the ideal WR1, but I'll make up for it elsewhere and hopefully he'll even improve on last year.
Good lord - Roddy White as a #1.... :lmao:I'm so not a fan....

I'm a fan of this guy, especially after the numbers he posted in less than a full season:

4.08 Earnest Graham, RB, Tampa Bay

#11 RB last year in FBG scoring, and 49 catches as well. Yeah, that'll do....

(BTW, he didn't get drafted in WSL last year, but he outscored Reggie Bush in this scoring system, which would have been good for RB10 in this format).

I'm a fan of this guy, especially after the numbers he posted in less than a full season:

(BTW, he didn't get drafted in WSL last year, but he outscored Reggie Bush in this scoring system, which would have been good for RB10 in this format).
I just knew you were going to take him.I'll email him.

I just knew you were going to take him.I'll email him.
Thanks for the :thumbup: and sending the emails.Oddity of WSLs - all four have taken Graham at RB23. :popcorn:

Heading out for a job interview........be back after noon EST........I should be able to help out with PM's when I get back.

Rody

I was hoping to get Holmes or Jennings here, but twas not to happen. 4.07: Roddy White, ATL WRNot the ideal WR1, but I'll make up for it elsewhere and hopefully he'll even improve on last year.
Good lord - Roddy White as a #1.... :nerd: I'm so not a fan....
In hindsight, I should have taken Braylon or Colston (or other WRs) instead of Gates, but each decision will be made as what is best at the time. Considering what Roddy did with horrible QBs, I think he'll be fine.

FUBAR said:
Jeff Pasquino said:
FUBAR said:
Good lord - Roddy White as a #1.... :nerd: I'm so not a fan....
In hindsight, I should have taken Braylon or Colston (or other WRs) instead of Gates, but each decision will be made as what is best at the time. Considering what Roddy did with horrible QBs, I think he'll be fine.
I wish you well, sorta.... :lol:I'm just looking at him as of late and really not seeing what others are seeing. I see a whole lot of ? marks, but if he repeats last year you got a nice pick.

FUBAR said:
Jeff Pasquino said:
FUBAR said:
Good lord - Roddy White as a #1.... :lmao: I'm so not a fan....
:wall: I dont see how his situation could be any worse than last year.

FUBAR said:
Jeff Pasquino said:
FUBAR said:
Good lord - Roddy White as a #1.... :fishing: I'm so not a fan....
I wish you well, sorta.... :lmao: I'm just looking at him as of late and really not seeing what others are seeing. I see a whole lot of ? marks, but if he repeats last year you got a nice pick.
I think he will, my concern is simply that he isn't proven and doesn't have a good QB. All of the proven WRs with true WR1 upside were taken, so I went this way. Time will tell. I'd love to see the Falcons acquire a better QB, but aside from the draft I don't see that happening.

Has whomever is next been Pm'ed?
sorry, this is a really tough pick for obvious reasons. it sorta dictates where i plan to go for the rest of the draft, and i have a lot of good options at this spot.i'll get it in before 1pm EST.as far as the roddy white convo goes, i like that pick in that spot. as a #1 i'd be nervous, but that's what gates is for.

sorry, this is a really tough pick for obvious reasons. it sorta dictates where i plan to go for the rest of the draft, and i have a lot of good options at this spot.i'll get it in before 1pm EST.as far as the roddy white convo goes, i like that pick in that spot. as a #1 i'd be nervous, but that's what gates is for.
Good point about Gates. 16 team drafts are all about compromises. There are some interesting teams and strategies in play, making this a very good draft to follow.

Good point about Gates. 16 team drafts are all about compromises. There are some interesting teams and strategies in play, making this a very good draft to follow.
I've been looking through the teams from the other WSLs. Every team has holes somewhere, and its about minimizing the effect. Going in I planned on taking a WR in the 2nd, but as people fell I had to adjust. I'm kinda regretting taking Gonzo in the 3rd, but with 2PPR for TEs he might be worth it.

sorry, this is a really tough pick for obvious reasons. it sorta dictates where i plan to go for the rest of the draft, and i have a lot of good options at this spot.i'll get it in before 1pm EST.

as far as the roddy white convo goes, i like that pick in that spot. as a #1 i'd be nervous, but that's what gates is for.
I've been looking through the teams from the other WSLs. Every team has holes somewhere, and its about minimizing the effect. Going in I planned on taking a WR in the 2nd, but as people fell I had to adjust. I'm kinda regretting taking Gonzo in the 3rd, but with 2PPR for TEs he might be worth it.
In most 16 team leagues, teams will have holes somewhere. Ya just gotta stay flexible and take value if and when its appropriate. Case in point, I would never plan on going Brady/Maroney 1/2 in a survivor league, but I thought that Maroney pick made sense @ 2.11. Likewise I chuckled to myself as Pasquino's 3rd round pick came up to see if he'd own both Cincy WR's (Chad was clearly the best WR on the board at that point imo)...but I wasn't sure if he'd let himself go Housh/CJ back to back in a survivor league. This has been an interesting draft to follow imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gringo...are you sure it took you that extra hour to make that pick cause it was hard, or did that alternating balck/gold for Rothlisberger take you the extra time....lol??? just kidding ya.

4.11 Lendale White, RB TN

Meh….he’s not a guy I’ve targeted much, but I think he is good value here as a RB2 considering where he went in the prior WSL drafts. He won’t be a stud in this scoring format, but he’s probably the last 300 carry workhorse left at RB.

Gringo...are you sure it took you that extra hour to make that pick cause it was hard, or did that alternating balck/gold for Rothlisberger take you the extra time....lol??? just kidding ya.
lol yeah i could have made the pick at 12:48, but yellow and black was critical to ensuring that i was psychologically ok with making this pick in a no-money WSL on valentine's day.that reminds me.. flowers.

4.11 Lendale White, RB TNMeh….he’s not a guy I’ve targeted much, but I think he is good value here as a RB2 considering where he went in the prior WSL drafts. He won’t be a stud in this scoring format, but he’s probably the last 300 carry workhorse left at RB.
One of the choices I was looking at, of course. Will pick shortly.

4.12. Hines Ward, WR Pittsburgh

pms sent.
Another solid pick. I basically flipped a coin between him and White, went for "upside", although Ward does have that as well as consistancy. I was hoping he'd fall to 5.10, but knew there was very little chance.

Users who are viewing this thread