What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WTF is this back pain?? (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
So I feel asleep on the couch watching a movie a couple nights ago, and woke up with a fairly sharp pain near my right scapula.   I figure I just was sitting wrong, no biggie, just a little muscle ache.   FF two days later and it feels like it's getting worse.   The odd thing is that it's more of a dull ache normally, and doesn't get a ton worse with sitting, laying down, or even physical activity.   What really sets it off is:  burping, coughing,  breathing, and mainly swallowing.  I have never had something like this - in the last couple nights I have tried muscle relaxer, OTC pain meds, heat, massage, nothing has helps.   What the hell is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
My doctor friend calls this catching the O L D.

Nothing to add except that the back is a delicate flower. GL Karma.

Depending on what position you fell asleep, you could have tweaked something in your neck and/or upper back which is causing that pain.  Never know with that kind of stuff.  Rub some tiger balm on it, for real. That stuff works great. 

KarmaPolice said:
So I feel asleep on the couch watching a movie a couple nights ago, and woke up with a fairly sharp pain near my right scapula.   I figure I just was sitting wrong, no biggie, just a little muscle ache.   FF two days later and it feels like it's getting worse.   The odd thing is that it's more of a dull ache normally, and doesn't get a ton worse with sitting, laying down, or even physical activity.   What really sets it off is:  burping, coughing,  breathing, and mainly swallowing.  I have never had something like this - in the last couple nights I have tried muscle relaxer, OTC pain meds, heat, massage, nothing has helps.   What the hell is this?
How about one of these things:

Some conditions which may cause shoulder blade pain include gallstones, peptic ulcer disease, acid reflux, and liver disease. With these conditions, the referred pain is often to the right shoulder blade. The pancreas is part of the digestive system, but pancreatitis is more likely to cause pain in the left shoulder blade.
Go ask your doctor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread