What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

xbox one vs ps4 (1 Viewer)

johnjohn

Footballguy
I will buy one and only one of the two. Do your best to convince me why I should buy the one you like better. Good luck.

Dude. Xbox is perpetually behind the ps platform. The bigger question is why upgrade from ps3 to ps4. I see no compelling reason to upgrade atm.

I will buy one and only one of the two. Do your best to convince me why I should buy the one you like better. Good luck.
Let me be the first to say that no one here knows which will be better, yet. Ask again 6 months or a year after launch. Right now it's a 50/50 split, IMO.

FWIW, I'm a primary PC gamer who has owned an XBox the last two generations and if I had to choose one for launch day, I would go PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shark move is neither for now.

Of the two, I believe PS4 to be a better choice by far.
Really it comes down to software. The hardware differences are over hyped by fanboys. At least for launch window I like what the Xbox has as exclusives and see lots of titles I like on both.

And, let's face it, nothing is more anticipated right now than Titanfall.

Really it comes down to software. The hardware differences are over hyped by fanboys. At least for launch window I like what the Xbox has as exclusives and see lots of titles I like on both.

Sure, but isn't Titanfall on PC and 360?

I think it is generally best to wait and see what console has the exclusives you are most interested in. In this case, I think Microsoft's hardware (kinect) is a disadvantage.

Sure, but isn't Titanfall on PC and 360?

I think it is generally best to wait and see what console has the exclusives you are most interested in. In this case, I think Microsoft's hardware (kinect) is a disadvantage.
This is why it is so individual - I don't have a 360 nor a PC capable of this. So I'm open to either.

Now, considering my 8 year old jumped on my back last weekend and asked me to drive him around and shoot things "like in Titanfall" it looks like I'm getting that game one way or the other (and it ain't on PS4). Honestly all the other games I see that I may want are common to both. (And, as a side note, I like the HDMI passthru with the integration the Xbone is talking about).

The hardware advantage is a moot point. All the games will be only as good as the weaker of the two.

These systems will be all about the online experience. Something Sony has yet to match despite having nearly 10 years to get right.

In the end I think the answer is the same as this generation... XBOXONE for online gamers, PS4 for solo gamers.

Personally I'm holding off for a year. When the dust settles Ill reevaluate.

The hardware advantage is a moot point. All the games will be only as good as the weaker of the two.

These systems will be all about the online experience. Something Sony has yet to match despite having nearly 10 years to get right.

In the end I think the answer is the same as this generation... XBOXONE for online gamers, PS4 for solo gamers.

Which one is the weaker of the two?

I have always had a PS and Xbox but this time around I just want to get one. I'm also going to wait at least a year to evaluate which one I want.

Which one is the weaker of the two?

I have always had a PS and Xbox but this time around I just want to get one. I'm also going to wait at least a year to evaluate which one I want.
From all accounts the PS4 is more powerful.

Last generation was a little tighter because while the xbox didn't have the power, it had a clearly superior graphics card. This time I don't know as haven't looked into either very carefully.

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out this time around. I'm betting it won't be the case, because unlike last gen the Playstation is both more powerful (by quite a bit) and is apparently easier to develop for (big change from this gen). I doubt multiplatform developers are going to want to gimp their PS4 releases and have them look trashy compared to first-party titles.

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out this time around. I'm betting it won't be the case, because unlike last gen the Playstation is both more powerful (by quite a bit) and is apparently easier to develop for (big change from this gen). I doubt multiplatform developers are going to want to gimp their PS4 releases and have them look trashy compared to first-party titles.
There is a fair amount of debate about whether it's actually that much more powerful considering how much of the RAM is used up on system programming. And I haven't seen anything to suggest it's easier to develop for than the XB1...or did you mean it's easier than it was on the PS3?

At the end of the day, games will look very similar on both consoles. So really it's the game library and extras that should drive your decision on your console purchase.

If you're a graphics whore, a console is not for you. PC games are already way better looking than either console and they're not even released yet.

not one among you could give an answer that is appropriate to this thread
I'm not sure what you expect. Your question has been answered. If you're looking for a nostradamus to tell you which is going to be the best this early, then you aren't going to find it. It's all speculation. Also, there are other threads dedicated to this discussion. Search them out.

I'm not sure what you expect. Your question has been answered. If you're looking for a nostradamus to tell you which is going to be the best this early, then you aren't going to find it. It's all speculation. Also, there are other threads dedicated to this discussion. Search them out.
I don't want excuses, I want results

I hear xbox one is $100 more than ps4. There ya go.

sig.jpg

I don't want excuses, I want results
Ok, I have questions for you:

- Which console(s) did you own this generation?

- Why?

- What are your favorite games and franchises?

- Do you play a lot of games online?

- Do you play online games with friends?

From the past experiences, you can take the answers and convert them to be your answer.

- Which console will your favorite games and franchises be on?

- If you play a lot of online multiplayer games, which console will your friends be playing?

Those answers will trump any response that you receive from fanboys who are trying to sell you on their favorite.

As I've said in a couple of other threads, my Ps3 was one of the worst purchases I've ever made. The interface was clunky, the constant updates were PAINFUL and the online service wasn't any good at all. Plus none of my friends had it and the ps3 exclusives generally weren't in my wheelhouse. I also hate the controller. If feels flimsy and I hate how it charges. Other than blue ray and maybe 2 exclusives that I enjoyed, it was a massive waste of money.

Xbox has the online/user interface experience down pat. Sony has to catch up. If they do that, I might consider getting one a few years down the road when the price gets cheaper if there are great exclusive titles.

If Xbox wasn't insisting on this silly Kinect integration,(which I guess they've toned down a bit) it wouldn't even be worth a discussion. The actual hardware discussion is moot. 3rd party designers will build games with the "inferior" system in mind.

At the end of the day, 90% of this is ease of use and what system your friends have.

edit: I really don't care about the cost of xbox live. It was a small price to pay for a vastly superior experience. Truth be told, I would have paid a lot more if necessary.

For me it will be Xbox, but for a random reason. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time making my mp3 collection pristine in terms of album art, genre's, track #, etc by updating mp3 tags.

Itunes doesn't honor these tags. Neither does PS3. Using either of these systems makes my music browsing incredibly painful. But Xbox and WMP do honor these tags.

For this reason, I will go with Xbox. That and Elder Scrolls :nerd:

DriveClub has been officially delayed until 2014, which is making the PS4 launch lineup pretty thin. That was the only launch exclusive I had any interest in, and I was pretty stoked about it being a PS+ title. No interest in Knack or Killzone, at least for now pending user reviews. I'm also a little disappointed that Watch Dogs was delayed, but I was probably waiting on that anyway.

I'm still getting a PS4 at launch for Battlefield, but if it wasn't for that I would probably just put it off until next year. 2014 is looking good and I'm not worried about the library going forward, but Sony really should have had one or two more good games ready to go on day one.

DriveClub has been officially delayed until 2014, which is making the PS4 launch lineup pretty thin. That was the only launch exclusive I had any interest in, and I was pretty stoked about it being a PS+ title. No interest in Knack or Killzone, at least for now pending user reviews. I'm also a little disappointed that Watch Dogs was delayed, but I was probably waiting on that anyway.

I'm still getting a PS4 at launch for Battlefield, but if it wasn't for that I would probably just put it off until next year. 2014 is looking good and I'm not worried about the library going forward, but Sony really should have had one or two more good games ready to go on day one.
If you want to play Battlefield, wouldn't you prefer playing it on the X-Box One because of XBL?

If you want to play Battlefield, wouldn't you prefer playing it on the X-Box One because of XBL?
Not particularly, no. PSN is perfectly fine for me as-is, but I also expect Sony to learn its lesson from this gen and take online gaming more seriously next time around, so I'm really not worried about it. Also, PS+ has been awesome this gen for free games, although obviously it's not clear if that value will continue next gen.

The main thing for me is what Slax posted above. I've really enjoyed the PS3 library, and I'm operating on the assumption that past performance indicates future results.

Dude. Xbox is perpetually behind the ps platform. The bigger question is why upgrade from ps3 to ps4. I see no compelling reason to upgrade atm.
That's where I am right now too. Nothing wrong with my PS3 at all. All the PS4 does differently is better graphics, big deal. Sure the hardware is better, but it's not enough for me to shell out another $400 on a system right now. Easier to wait til the inevitable price drop.

That's where I am right now too. Nothing wrong with my PS3 at all. All the PS4 does differently is better graphics, big deal. Sure the hardware is better, but it's not enough for me to shell out another $400 on a system right now. Easier to wait til the inevitable price drop.
I have Hitman Absolution, Kingdom of Amalur, Ico and Shadow of the Collossus just sitting there on my HD completely untouched. I'm right there with you rethinking whether I really need a PS4 right now or whether it wouldn't be better just to roll with my PS3. Then again, I know I'm going to get a PS4 in the next year or so regardless, and it's not like I'm throwing my PS3 away. But I do completely understand where the "Why buy one now?" guys are coming from.

Based on preorder demand, I wouldn't anticipate that you are going to see any major deals or packages on these at Christmas. There might be a couple but I don't think either side will be motivated to get super aggressive.

Just an fyi.

Based on preorder demand, I wouldn't anticipate that you are going to see any major deals or packages on these at Christmas. There might be a couple but I don't think either side will be motivated to get super aggressive.

Just an fyi.
Not on the new systems. You will see some nice bundle deals for the consoles already available.

The only reason to buy one or the other is the game exclusives really. When you really look at the specs it is too close to call and each has it's area where it is incrementally better than the other. So buy the one that will play the games you want that you can't get on the other.

The only reason to buy one or the other is the game exclusives really. When you really look at the specs it is too close to call and each has it's area where it is incrementally better than the other. So buy the one that will play the games you want that you can't get on the other.
/thread

/thread
Actually, that's not the only reason to buy one or the other. If you like to play games online and all or most of your friends have one console, you'll almost always be better off buying that console even if you miss out on a few exclusives.

Users who are viewing this thread