What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo week 10 (1 Viewer)

NixonMask

Footballguy
Is anyone else playing on Yahoo? The pricing structure makes it almost a different game for all their sports. Id like to get some discussions going about the pricing errors each week if others are playing too.

Pricing has gotten super hard there lately.

I'm likely taking this week off as I'm headed on vacation on Saturday, but I'll probably toy with it a tiny bit.

QBs are so damn pricey, makes it hard imo.

Honestly I dont pay too much attention on there because of the pricing problems, I max out on the small stakes stuff and just dont have an interest in playing up even with some overlay. It seems to be mostly filling though, occasionally some overlay I see on their other sports or at higher values.

I've been playing on Yahoo! and notice the exact same thing. The pricing structure makes it the most difficult to set a quality lineup by far IMO. That said, I've only played on Draftkings and fantasydraft. Fantasydraft I've noticed has some decent overlays from time to time and I've made the most money there (only $30 but hey.)

Just food for thought:

I lost a $109 50/50 with a score of 148 last night.

I think I'm sticking to the lower stakes here moving forward.

Just food for thought:

that doesnt mean anything.

Sample size is too small to come to any kind of conclusion...

....my FD cash game score last week was something like 180...the people I played shouldnt assume thats going to happen to them every time they enter a h2h match.

The tougher pricing is better IMO...when people cant rely on name recognition they make mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just food for thought:

....my FD cash game score last week was something like 180...the people I played shouldnt assume thats going to happen to them every time they enter a h2h match.

The tougher pricing is better IMO...when people cant rely on name recognition they make mistakes.
Not a head to head. A 50/50. Cut lines all over the site are up.

It took really high scores to cash this weekend.

Yahoo was MUCH softer a few weeks ago is my point.

Just food for thought:

im sure lines were higher everywhere.

Some of my thursday 50/50 on FD are showing cut lines around 140...so I would imagine the Sunday games were even higher.

I won across the board pretty much last week w/ 130

Just food for thought:

I entered one lineup and cashed in everything I entered--mostly cash games but a few GPPs. Decent score of 159ish so it should win.

Did any of the entrants have the exact same entry? In one of the 22-player $50 double ups, there were three entries with the exact same score but different GMs. Even the players seemed to be entered in the same order. Very fishy. They came 9-11 with 152.74. First guy out of the money had 148.3--Jon? :unsure:

Just food for thought:

Some of my thursday 50/50 on FD are showing cut lines around 140...so I would imagine the Sunday games were even higher.

The problem is that the pricing herds most people to similar players--in a 555 person $50 double up, 56% had McFadden, 82% had Langford, 51% had Steve Johnson, 50% had the Jets D etc.

Just food for thought:

I entered one lineup and cashed in everything I entered--mostly cash games but a few GPPs. Decent score of 159ish so it should win.

Did any of the entrants have the exact same entry? In one of the 22-player $50 double ups, there were three entries with the exact same score but different GMs. Even the players seemed to be entered in the same order. Very fishy. They came 9-11 with 152.74. First guy out of the money had 148.3--Jon? :unsure:
I'll look into it and see if there are a bunch of identical lineups.

Just food for thought:

I'll look into it and see if there are a bunch of identical lineups.
I just checked and the 3 entries were identical in mine.

Well the prices are up. This seems to be the toughest week for pricing so far, cant really see any obvious min priced guys. Ill probably enter some Thursday contests so I can use the Jets at $11 and just edit the rest of the roster sunday night.

There are a few WR in the low to mid 20's. Evans, Crabtree, Sneed, LaFell, Landry. I think its probably best to start there and fill in the rest of the lineup.

Hmm. In the one where I missed the cut @ 148, there were numerous cases of 2 users with identical lineups. It was a 200 person $109 50/50.

Most troubling was MakeItRain84, Birdwings, Daut44, and kbelhumeur all with the identical score of 152.74. The first 3 are all heavy hitters I recognize from Fanduel. I assume they're sharing info with each other. They had all the same lineups in the same order.

Even more annoying, I had 7 of the guys in their lineups on my squad. The only difference was they had Brandon Cooks + Freeman to my Mike Evans + Ingram.

Yahoo needs to fix their pricing as its annoying playing when stuff like that is going on. Too many players you are forced into using.

chet said:
SpruceGoose said:
(HULK) said:
SpruceGoose said:
Just food for thought:

The problem is that the pricing herds most people to similar players--in a 555 person $50 double up, 56% had McFadden, 82% had Langford, 51% had Steve Johnson, 50% had the Jets D etc.
ahhh....I see.

Same issue as the sites w/ soft pricing.

Hmm. In the one where I missed the cut @ 148, there were numerous cases of 2 users with identical lineups. It was a 200 person $109 50/50.

Most troubling was MakeItRain84, Birdwings, Daut44, and kbelhumeur all with the identical score of 152.74. The first 3 are all heavy hitters I recognize from Fanduel. I assume they're sharing info with each other. They had all the same lineups in the same order.

Even more annoying, I had 7 of the guys in their lineups on my squad. The only difference was they had Brandon Cooks + Freeman to my Mike Evans + Ingram.

Yahoo needs to fix their pricing as its annoying playing when stuff like that is going on. Too many players you are forced into using.
Yep same as in mine--152.74 for Dan, MakeItRain84 and birdwings.

Yep same as in mine--152.74 for Dan, MakeItRain84 and birdwings.
I wonder if they're FBGs. Their lineups were potentially generated by our program. Very similar. Only reason mine was different was because I wanted to find a way to get Mike Evans in, so I dropped from Freeman to Ingram to make it happen.

Makeitrain is 5th on rotogrinders rankings, I'm guessing he has his own tools but maybe not

Users who are viewing this thread