What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yellowstone - Paramount TV (2 Viewers)

I’m rooting for Jamie at this point. John and Beth pretty much suck.

If we take Jamie at his word, he's trying to save the ranch for Tate and "my [Jamie's] son". I admire John for that same goal - at least partially - but he is terrible at achieving it. Happy to watch the journey to that shared goal play out.

Jamie is the biggest idiot on the show, manipulated by everyone all the time. He's a lapdog with no spine. At least John and Beth don't get molded into whatever someone else needs at the time.

I just realized that the actress who plays Sarah also played the sister of James Dutton in 1883.
I think she was Faith Hills sister, but yeah
I had to go double check to make sure, but her character was a Dutton:

“Claire and her daughter, Mary Abel, joined her brother, James, and the rest of his family in Fort Worth, Texas, after her husband, Henry, passed away.”
Huh, I would’ve lost money on that bet

I'm with you. They made Jamie to sympathetic in season 1. Ever since, they have been trying to make him worse and worse, but as long as Beth is his foil, me and my wife will always be rooting for him.

Beth is just nasty. Biggest bully in TV history. So over the top. We refer to her as the ding-bat.

The show is weird in that 33% of the audience roots against the shows main characters.

I go back to the fade out talk between Dutton and wack job. i doubt they were talking about killing Jamie. Maybe something cooking between Dutton and Jamie.

He
Just finished season 3. Entertaining show but you really have to suspend reality.

Is it bad that I was rooting for the serial killer to catch Monica when he was chasing her up the hillside. I'm not sure if it's bad writing or a really bad actor, but I fastforward almost every scene that she's in.
Her character changes BIG time over season 4 and this season she is one of the best characters. Her and Casey's storyline is the best of this season so far :thumbup:
This is more of an indication of how bad this show has become. In it's prime, their storyline would be an afterthought.

He
Just finished season 3. Entertaining show but you really have to suspend reality.

Is it bad that I was rooting for the serial killer to catch Monica when he was chasing her up the hillside. I'm not sure if it's bad writing or a really bad actor, but I fastforward almost every scene that she's in.
Her character changes BIG time over season 4 and this season she is one of the best characters. Her and Casey's storyline is the best of this season so far :thumbup:
This is more of an indication of how bad this show has become. In it's prime, their storyline would be an afterthought.
Yep. I found the most interesting storyline to be Jimmy's when he got shipped to Texas. One of the few characters I enjoy.

He

Yep. I found the most interesting storyline to be Jimmy's when he got shipped to Texas. One of the few characters I enjoy.
I think we are going to see a backdoor pilot to the 6666 show that they have teased. Its no coincidence that the Yellowstone is leasing land from the 6666's. I'm sure we are going to be seeing alot of Jimmy in the second half of the season. All the better. His redemption arc has been one of the highlights of the series.

He

Really?? Lose their son in a nasty car crash and it would have been an afterthought if the show was better :confused:

He

And 90% of the posts during Jimmy's parts that season were negative. I don't think some of those watching this show know what they want :oldunsure:

He

And 90% of the posts during Jimmy's parts that season were negative. I don't think some of those watching this show know what they want :oldunsure:
Depends where you get your posts from. The Reddit Community seems to like Jimmy and thinks Beth is an over-the-top ding bat.

He

Depends where you get your posts from. The Reddit Community seems to like Jimmy and thinks Beth is an over-the-top ding bat.
Jimmys character is one of the few characters that had an actual story arc and is genuinely likeable. Beth is extremely one dimensional and hasn’t changed since the show started. It’s been 5 seasons of the same thing with her and it’s gotten pretty boring.

Jimmys character is one of the few characters that had an actual story arc and is genuinely likeable. Beth is extremely one dimensional and hasn’t changed since the show started. It’s been 5 seasons of the same thing with her and it’s gotten pretty boring.
He is the most dynamic character. Really good actor that can turn a bumbling fool into a quiet, thoughtful man. He is very endearing. And he pauses to listen to people and takes in all the advise he is given.

He

Really?? Lose their son in a nasty car crash and it would have been an afterthought if the show was better :confused:
I actually forgot that even happened.....so yeah.

He

I disagree. The character is shaped by what happened to her mother and she feels like she is to blame. Therefore, she's lashing out at the world including toward Rip in the beginning. I like that she's softened her approach to Rip and has said he's included in the minimal things she needs to be happy. She's apologized for the the way she treated him in the past, but she keeps her hard edge toward "everyone who needs/deserves" it. She's been good/protective of Monica the entire series and never lashed out towards her. I'm not saying she is the best character ever, but I think viewing the character this way make sense.

He

I disagree. The character is shaped by what happened to her mother and she feels like she is to blame. Therefore, she's lashing out at the world including toward Rip in the beginning. I like that she's softened her approach to Rip and has said he's included in the minimal things she needs to be happy. She's apologized for the the way she treated him in the past, but she keeps her hard edge toward "everyone who needs/deserves" it. She's been good/protective of Monica the entire series and never lashed out towards her. I'm not saying she is the best character ever, but I think viewing the character this way make sense.

Most of the time she just acts like a ridiculous whore but I appreciate you pointing out the nuance. It's helpful.

He

Most of the time she just acts like a ridiculous whore but I appreciate you pointing out the nuance. It's helpful.

You're both saying the same thing but I like your condensed version.

OMG!!!!! Somebody found Jimmy and his story “likable”??????

I just figured his family knew somebody personally and got him the show. Worst part of the show bar none for the wife and I.

Monica is second worst but at least she’s filthy hawt.

Users who are viewing this thread