What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You don't sit your studs, right? (1 Viewer)

Well, Hot Sauce and Irish, your Likes have begrudgingly been paid out. I thought I was golden going into the half.

It wasn't the 3+ TD night I predicted but but at least it wasn't a complete dud. 
He was certainly start1able so those who said Cam's floor was solid were not wrong.:)

"begrudgingly"?  Come on man, slight lol.  On a serious note, if he can do that vrs Denver he is going to be a stud again this year.  He is one tough SOB

It seems like we saw a cases both for and against "bench your studs". Carolina has a good defense (sans the rookie corners) but CJ had a huge night. While JStew didn't. Benjamin and Cam were both able to put up acceptable nights (Olsen too in PPR). DT and Sanders not so much. 

The Panthers D might be suspect right now with those corners. I haven't watched the all 22 but I would make an educated guess that they were getting help from the safeties. Which lead to CJs night. The Broncos I underestimated. Von, Wolfe and Talib stood out but Wade puts them in good spots. 

Benjamin and Cam were both able to put up acceptable nights
Benjamin wasn't really a question of "benching or not benching a stud" though - he was reportedly out of shape, poor conditioning. That was the narrative spun all off-season - and day-of-game they said "30-35 snaps" - yeah, how about 52. 

I think think Rivera might have been fibbing just a little bit. I think "conditioning" is the new "questionable, shoulder". I think Belichick was sitting at home, stroking his chin thinking, "damn, why didn't I think of that?" - on Saturday I fully expect 93% of the Patriots starters to be spoken of as having "conditioning issues" and "may only play 30-35 snaps". 

Benjamin wasn't really a question of "benching or not benching a stud" though - he was reportedly out of shape, poor conditioning. That was the narrative spun all off-season - and day-of-game they said "30-35 snaps" - yeah, how about 52. 

I think think Rivera might have been fibbing just a little bit. I think "conditioning" is the new "questionable, shoulder". I think Belichick was sitting at home, stroking his chin thinking, "damn, why didn't I think of that?" - on Saturday I fully expect 93% of the Patriots starters to be spoken of as having "conditioning issues" and "may only play 30-35 snaps". 
If you EVER believe ANYTHING a coach says . . . that's on you. 

Users who are viewing this thread