What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

you got the #4 pick (1 Viewer)

Best option after the big 3

• Edge James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tiki barber

• Clinton Portis

• Steven Jackson

• Lamont Jordan

• Other

• Total voters

bicycle_seat_sniffer

Smells like chicken
With Edge moving on does he stay near the top after the big 3? Redraft typical WCOFF scoring

I think everyone agrees that the #4 pick is gonna be a key pick in this years draft.

assuming LT2, LarryJ and SAlex are gone who do you take?

Im voting Tiki myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to say Edge, but I think he will struggle there.

Then again, the Browns finally had a RB go for 1k last year and the last time they did that was 3,000 B.C. I think.

I voted Tiki for now.

if the Cards draft O-Line in the first 2 rounds i will take Edge, otherwise i take tiki

Is this where we start the Chester Taylor hype?
Feel free.Dont think he's in this category though.
With Hutch, if we hear that he is for certain the workhorse, I can see taking Taylor in the 3rd or 4th. Personally, I'd take McGahee ahead of him. 1.04 = Portis

1.05 is the better question IMO, and I'd lean SJax or Tiki there.

With the Redskins adding WR's to stretch the field, Portis should see more of an opening next year.
Brunell is still QB right?I would take Jackson, or maybe seriously consider breaking tradition and going QB or WR, but our league gives these guys more points than most.

Depends who ends up in IND and DEN. Lewis as a Bronco could be interesting (as would Ricky Williams if he won his appeal and then got traded).

Depends who ends up in IND and DEN. Lewis as a Bronco could be interesting (as would Ricky Williams if he won his appeal and then got traded).
Is Jamal a good fit in Denver? Never thought he was a "one cut" type runner. Ricky W in Denver is a whole nother ball-game.I'd still take Tiki and Portis over them.

If Indy makes no moves keeps Rhodes/Mungro and drafts a rookie, it could be RBBC there.

What FA would make sense in INDY?

Like Yudken says, depends ...

If Jamal Lewis ends up in Denver...I say he's easily moved up

Also, with all the added firepower to Washington's offense, I would hope this attracts more guys to Portis ...as I am not real high on him..

but AS OF RIGHT NOW...I say Tiki Barber...

I like S. Jackson ......I think he turns the corner this year in being a top 5 fantasy back.

Took him over Edge in a dynasty draft last month.

Depends who ends up in IND and DEN.  Lewis as a Bronco could be interesting (as would Ricky Williams if he won his appeal and then got traded).
Is Jamal a good fit in Denver? Never thought he was a "one cut" type runner. Ricky W in Denver is a whole nother ball-game.I'd still take Tiki and Portis over them.

If Indy makes no moves keeps Rhodes/Mungro and drafts a rookie, it could be RBBC there.

What FA would make sense in INDY?
I don't know if Jamal is a good fit, but DEN apparently is interested in talking to him.As for IND, since we don't know who the guy will be, it's easy to imagine unlikely scenarios where someone else comes in via trade. Although very unlikely, suppose the Colts traded up to take Reggie Bush. Still doubt he'd be a Top 5 fantasy pick, but I think he might merit Top 10.

And I've answered this question (of this thread) already in other threads where I would 99% take Portis unless something earth shattering happened over the next few months.

I can't justify Lewis in a Bronco uniform at #4, or even in the top 10 because of Tatum Bell's presence.

You'd be insane to take anyone but Portis here. If you don't want Portis, trade down.
Portis is definitely the "safest" pick here since he's consistently been OK in Washington and returns to a similar situation, but I dunno if he seperates himself from the rest of the 4-7 crowd.

I like S. Jackson ......I think he turns the corner this year in being a top 5 fantasy back.

IMO, the Rams don't run the ball anywhere near enough to support a Top 5 RB. If they want to revamp the offense and start running close to the amount they pass, then maybe. The other option is if they use Jackson a lot more as a receiving threat (think Lamont Jordan last year). Jordan had 70 receptions and still couldn't crack the Top 5.

My other concern for STL is that they are (again IMO) a so so team that will not have a great record and will be behind or in a lot of shootouts, thus limiting their rushing attempts.

Bottom line, I don't see Jackson getting enough touches to be a Top 5 RB.

Last edited by a moderator:

IMO, the Rams don't run the ball anywhere near enough to support a Top 5 RB.

If they want to revamp the offense and start running close to the amount they pass, then maybe. The other option is if they use Jackson a lot more as a receiving threat (think Lamont Jordan last year). Jordan had 70 receptions and still couldn't crack the Top 5.

My other concern for STL is that they are (again IMO) a so so team that will not have a great record and will be behind or in a lot of shootouts, thus limiting their rushing attempts.

Bootom line, I don't see Jackson getting enough touches to be a Top 5 RB.
That's exactly why I can't take Jackson right here. :goodposting:

Depends who ends up in IND and DEN.  Lewis as a Bronco could be interesting (as would Ricky Williams if he won his appeal and then got traded).
I can't justify Lewis in a Bronco uniform at #4, or even in the top 10 because of Tatum Bell's presence.
The real issue here is playing "what if" . . .If the Broncos ended up with RW or Jamal but traded Bell, would that change your opinion?

We won't have answers to some of these roster questions for months, so it's a bit tough guessing who slots where . . .

I'm surprised nobody has listed P.Manning as a possible pick at this point.

NOTE: I've never been one to pick QB early, but with all the discussion about uncertainty of the above mentioned RBs, P.Manning HAS to enter the discussion as that offense is still going to be pass-first in 2006.

NOTE: I've never been one to pick QB early, but with all the discussion about uncertainty of the above mentioned RBs, P.Manning HAS to enter the discussion as that offense is still going to be pass-first in 2006.
Don't even get me started on this as I haven't receovered from last year yet.

With Hutch, if we hear that he is for certain the workhorse, I can see taking Taylor in the 3rd or 4th. Personally, I'd take McGahee ahead of him. 1.04 = Portis

problem with Stevey Jackson is his head coach,who is the Godfather of the RBBC, Scott Linehan..everywhere he's coached,he's used RBBC extensively..I'd bump Jackson down a bit..I know Bennett had 1 good year under Linehan in Minny, but he only scored 5 rush td, 1 rec td that year..pathetic..Tiki is solid at 1.05..I'd think about Ron Brown moving up into the top 10 at least, maybe higher,depending on what Miami does with Ricky and its current QB situation..McGahee is a nice pick,too..

problem with Stevey Jackson is his head coach,who is the Godfather of the RBBC, Scott Linehan..everywhere he's coached,he's used RBBC extensively..I'd bump Jackson down a bit..I know Bennett had 1 good year under Linehan in Minny, but he only scored 5 rush td, 1 rec td that year..pathetic..Tiki is solid at 1.05..I'd think about Ron Brown moving up into the top 10 at least, maybe higher,depending on what Miami does with Ricky and its current QB situation..McGahee is a nice pick,too..
Show me where Linehan's had the same situation - multitalented lead RB and not a very good #2. If you think Marshall will get a lot of carries, ok. I don't see it, but maybe. McGahee @ 1.04, in a redraft? Seriously, is he even in the discussion yet?

:goodposting: Seems to me that there will be a big theoretical drop off from the #3 to #4 RB, so why not go with a low risk pick at QB.

NOTE:  I've never been one to pick QB early, but with all the discussion about uncertainty of the above mentioned RBs, P.Manning HAS to enter the discussion as that offense is still going to be pass-first in 2006.
Don't even get me started on this as I haven't receovered from last year yet.
I took him at 1.6 in a redraft last year, and regretted it all season

1.4 tiki

1.5 portis

1.6 edge

1.7 s-jax

(though i would almost certainly trade to get out of the 4 spot.. cant cheer for those 2 guys)

:goodposting: Seems to me that there will be a big theoretical drop off from the #3 to #4 RB, so why not go with a low risk pick at QB.
I won't consider Peyton a low risk QB until they sign / draft a RB. No running game = a downgrade for Manning.

Wow Portis in a landslide.

Tiki a distant 2nd.

I wont even consider Manning in the first this year.

But some have mentioned that you downgrade Manning due to the Edge situation, I really think he might throw more than '05 if INDY doesn't get a suitable replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread