What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Sleeper QB of The Week -- Joe Flacco (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Yes, Joe Flacco.

I can't stand this guy as a real life QB, but if you're in a pinch today, he could bail you out.

Reasons:

* Per FBG's points against data, MN is statistically the most friendly to QBs in terms of points allowed. This doesn't change much if you look at the last 3, 5 whatever games.

* I can't stress this point enough...there has not been a SINGLE QB DUD against the MN D this year. Not a one. The usual suspects absolutely tore up MN. Even the likes of Brian Hoyer threw for 383...Eli didn't self destruct...hell...even Matt Flynn went 21-36-218-1 against the MN D.

* D. Pita looks like he's coming back today.

* MN seems like they like to give our receptions to running backs. Could see R. Rice getting 5-7 swing passes. This also will benefit Flacco.

* Baltimore is at home and it looks like they are in the process of making a run here. I feel it...unfortunately as a pats fan who wants them dead.

* Weather: Looks iffy, but the most recent forecast calls for light snow early and maybe rain/sleet later if not after the game. Either way, I can't imagine an indoor MN team with Cassel starting will enjoy this.

KY

I'm fully on board. Flacco's playoff schedule is pretty decent and this is the start of a very nice run.

He's proven he can get hot late in the season.

With today's matchup, He seems like someone that has a much safer floor than someone like RG3 or Luck, and still has some upside for a big game against a terrible defense.

I've watched every single Vikings game and we can't cover anything. Josh Robinson is out at CB and Jamarca Sanford is banged up. Not sure if there is any Chris Cook punishment going on. But, as you can see, our secondary and defense in general is a hot mess.

I also watched the Baltimore/Steelers game last weekend and while Flacco didn't put up huge numbers, I did notice that his offensive line was giving him a ton of time to throw.

All aboard the Flacco train.

I was a little leery just reading the topic title but after noticing the OP's name being kyoun1e... I'm buying it.

* I can't stress this point enough...there has not been a SINGLE QB DUD against the MN D this year. Not a one. The usual suspects absolutely tore up MN. Even the likes of Brian Hoyer threw for 383...Eli didn't self destruct...hell...even Matt Flynn went 21-36-218-1

KY
How was Flynn's performance not a dud? How do you define dud then?

They have Dickson anyway. Dickson and Pitta are the original 1-2 TE punch for Baltimore.

Don't think it matters. Rice out of backfield. J. Jones/T. Smith/M. Brown down the field.

* I can't stress this point enough...there has not been a SINGLE QB DUD against the MN D this year. Not a one. The usual suspects absolutely tore up MN. Even the likes of Brian Hoyer threw for 383...Eli didn't self destruct...hell...even Matt Flynn went 21-36-218-1

KY
218 with 1 TD in one half of football is not a dud.

KY
He didn't start the game. He came in halfway through the game.

Users who are viewing this thread