What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zay Jones, WR, Jacksonville (2 Viewers)

Zay doesn't have ten drops, I read yesterday he has 5 or 6 All his deep targets yesterday weren't accurate. I set the line at 2-17 pregame which ended up dead-on. Like I said last week, he probably ends up a better NFL WR than fantasy WR. I still have hopes for him when his role becomes what it should be.
They weren't. A lot of his targets weren't catchable.

Any chance of Peterman starting over Taylor?

Maybe that would help?

Jones can go deep but I don't consider that his strong suit. More of a possession receiver than a deep threat from what I saw of him in college.

The way Jones wins doesn't fit Taylors play style in my opinion. Jones would be better with a dink and dunk timing passer I think.
Unlikely, I thought Taylor played really well vs TB.

I'm glad he got the touchdown before that.  Looked good, 3 for 29 and a td before the injury, but that's a bad hyper extension. See you next year kid 

Weird game. 

OMG TD ZAY!!!

Oh no Zay tore his ACL, done for the year 

Zay is back, he is an indestructible robot

He's crying again, what a baby

Lots of activity to end up where we started. Zay Jones is not ready for prime time. 

His knee went from a > to a <.  There was no drama queen stuff going on, that was gnarly. The fact that he came back and played again is totally consistent with his reported work ethic and desire to be great.  It's also consistent with buffalo peppering him with targets while he wasn't able to do much with them the first few weeks of his rookie year playing against top coverage with an inaccurate passer.  

So in that sense, this game makes me much happier about him for dynasty, because we hadn't seen it translate on the field, and now we have.

I had hoped for more immediate production and I agree he is likely worthless in redraft because his knee might be cooked send they brought in Benjamin.  But I think his career may have taken a step forward last night. Will have to wait and see on the injury. 

He turned in a full practice today. I don't believe that this offense can sustain all of KB, Jones and Clay but Jones' rapport with Peterman during he preseason was pretty clear. I'm very curious to see how he performs with Peterman under center. 

KB and Matthews still out. Zay could be in line for more targets. With a defense that can't stop anyone, there could be a lot of throwing going on for Buffalo.

KB and Matthews still out. Zay could be in line for more targets. With a defense that can't stop anyone, there could be a lot of throwing going on for Buffalo.
I guess we'll have to see whether he really turned the corner after his last game. It certainly won't be for lack of opportunity.

could this be the week zay jones shines? tyrod motivated, KC def giving up points to WR's, benjamin hurt.

who is starting him? i may bench amari for this guy given the situation

Zay definitely seems to making some improvements and/or getting on the same page with Tyrod, considering his increase in targets the past few games.  Has a decent schedule with NE, Ind, MIA and NE.

Zay Jones catch rate did improve somewhat for 3 weeks prior to the last game against KC where it was about 60% or better, but this regressed again in his most recent game, 10 targets only 3 receptions.

I recall from earlier in the thread that about half of Jones targets were uncatchable.

Thats still a lot of squandered opportunities though, for a WR who should not be used primarily as a deep threat in my opinion. That isn't really the strongest part of his skill set.

Due to Crabtree’s suspension I’m starting Zay this week. Also streaming tyrod. Dak riding the bench. Like his targets past 3 games and pretty sure bills will be playing catch-up all day. 

Bills wide receiver Zay Jones has been arrested and charged with felony vandalism following an incident in Los Angeles Monday night, according to a report from TMZ Sports.

TMZ obtained security footage of what appears to be an extremely bizarre entanglement, one in which Jones is fully nude and behaving erratically all while his brother — the Vikings’ Cayleb Jones — attempts to restrain him. Zay Jones eventually kicked a hole through a glass window in Cayleb’s girlfriend’s apartment, and photos show glass and blood strewn about.

“We are aware of the incident involving Zay Jones,” the Bills said in a statement, per Kimberley A. Martin of the Washington Post (Twitter link). “We are still in the process of gathering more information on the matter. At this point, we will have no further comment.”

Link

Drugs pretty obviously.  Synthetic Marijuana or PCP.

I guess it is POSSIBLE he was just drunk, but not as likely as the drugs.
Could be a Titus young type mental health issue. 

If synthetic marijuana does this, perhaps we shouldn’t call it that, because I’ve never seen someone on weed act like this. 

If synthetic marijuana does this, perhaps we shouldn’t call it that, because I’ve never seen someone on weed act like this. 
Titus young was definitely mental health/drugs.

This seems like just drugs.  

Sorry for the derail, but I don't get why anyone, especially pro athletes, get into spice/PCP. Weed/booze I get, and people like the buzz, so understood. Weed/booze doesn't make you do things like this. What upside is there to taking something like spice/PCP that would make anyone, let alone a pro athletes with everything to lose, indulge? That I don't and will never get. Bringing the train back onto the rails, because of this dumb decision he's going to have to overcome this legally and with the league, setting much needed pro development back. Not good.

Stop with mental health. He was on something.
Why does it have to be one or the other? Can't it be both?

He seemed like a really good kid up until now. I'm sure he was on something, but it's also very possible he was having some mental health trouble lately.

Sorry for the derail, but I don't get why anyone, especially pro athletes, get into spice/PCP. Weed/booze I get, and people like the buzz, so understood. Weed/booze doesn't make you do things like this. What upside is there to taking something like spice/PCP that would make anyone, let alone a pro athletes with everything to lose, indulge? That I don't and will never get. Bringing the train back onto the rails, because of this dumb decision he's going to have to overcome this legally and with the league, setting much needed pro development back. Not good.
Lack of education about drugs and not wanting to get caught, hence synthetics that the NFL doesnt test for.

FWIW, it may be a little early jumping to illicit drugs. Behavior like that could very well be caused by bad reactions to medication/mix of medication or being dumb and mixing medication with alcohol.

Why is everyone assuming his career is basically over after this? Yes, this will stay with him for a while and if he badly hurt his leg there might be a problem. But from what I read before the draft last year, he seemed like a pretty upstanding, stable guy. What if this was a one off drug fuelled incident in the offseason (admittedly a pretty scary one) that got way out of hand? 

I’m not saying it’s not serious or there won’t be consequences but he’s really young and, if he isn’t dealing with severe mental or psychological issues and his team doesn’t give up on him, why shouldn’t he still have hope for a decent career?

Maybe I’m being naive.

FWIW, it may be a little early jumping to illicit drugs. Behavior like that could very well be caused by bad reactions to medication/mix of medication or being dumb and mixing medication with alcohol.
He also coulda just been fooling around, or been paid to do what he did as a prank. 

Probably not though.  Probably more likely he did one of the drugs being mentioned.   We don't know for sure, but when looking for an explanation, the most likely explanation is usually the right one.  He was most likely on something like synthetic marijuana or PCP.

Please league, just stop worrying about marijuana so these guys can stop with this crap that can REALLY screw them up

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Sean McDermott indicated the Bills have cleared the air with Zay Jones following his bizarre March arrest in Los Angeles.

After causing a bloody scene at his apartment complex, Jones was arrested for vandalism and an attempt to sue Jones was made by apartment ownership. The vandalism charges were dropped and the lawsuit was thrown out. The 37th overall pick in last year's draft, Jones logged a 27/316/2 receiving line as a rookie, averaging just 11.7 yards per reception with an abysmal 36.5 catch rate.

Source: Mike Rodak on Twitter 

Apr 16 - 2:02 PM

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 13m13 minutes ago

Bills’ HC Sean McDermott announced WR Zay Jones underwent knee surgery and will miss the remainder of the offseason program.

When they say he will miss the rest of the off-season program, does that mean they expect him to be ready for training camp? 

Pretty much the definition of a sh***y off-season, coming off a sh***y rookie year. Looks like I'll be staring at this dead weight on my dynasty roster all season, unless I find the stones to cut him.

When they say he will miss the rest of the off-season program, does that mean they expect him to be ready for training camp? 

Pretty much the definition of a sh***y off-season, coming off a sh***y rookie year. Looks like I'll be staring at this dead weight on my dynasty roster all season, unless I find the stones to cut him.
Sal Capaccio  ?‏Verified account @SalSports 50m50 minutes ago

Sean McDermott:

Zay Jones had surgery late last week on his knee. Will be out the rest of the spring. No timetable otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread