What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zay Jones, WR, Jacksonville (1 Viewer)

I think the predictions of torrential rain and awful wind is way overblown. Doesn’t seem like it’s going to be all that bad at all. More like drizzle to normal rain and fairly normal wind conditions
This, uh, aged poorly. Nothing like starting a playoff game as an underdog with that pathetic performance.
I missed the game. So it was torrentially bad? Kickers seemed to do well…?

I think the predictions of torrential rain and awful wind is way overblown. Doesn’t seem like it’s going to be all that bad at all. More like drizzle to normal rain and fairly normal wind conditions
This, uh, aged poorly. Nothing like starting a playoff game as an underdog with that pathetic performance.
Not necessarily torrential, but it was pretty substantial. But honestly, I think it was simply more about gameplan and what Jacksonville wanted to do as an offense. They seemed to realize that their WRs were overmatched by the Jets secondary, but that Engram/the RBs was a win for them. So they just kept hitting their TEs and RBs with short/intermediate passes to get the ball out quickly and take advantage of a plus matchup.

Not necessarily torrential, but it was pretty substantial. But honestly, I think it was simply more about gameplan and what Jacksonville wanted to do as an offense. They seemed to realize that their WRs were overmatched by the Jets secondary, but that Engram/the RBs was a win for them. So they just kept hitting their TEs and RBs with short/intermediate passes to get the ball out quickly and take advantage of a plus matchup.
Ok, That’s what I figured.

Didn't really want to play him kind of figured TE was going to be Jax best option but unfortunately my other options weren't that great and was hoping for an ok game obviously didn't happen.

Backing this up: at one point midway through the third quarter, all the Jaguars' wideouts combined had 2 catches for 20 yards. Conversely, both Engram and Etienne went over 110 yards from scrimmage.

Zay Jones didn't get his lone reception until 7-something to go in the fourth quarter.

How do we feel about Zay this week? Last week's dud should be an outlier due to the weather and game script. Does he rise back up to stud status? They're playing @ HOU, so if they get up early, they might not pass as much. But Zay seems like a decent flex option.

How do we feel about Zay this week? Last week's dud should be an outlier due to the weather and game script. Does he rise back up to stud status? They're playing @ HOU, so if they get up early, they might not pass as much. But Zay seems like a decent flex option.

I don't know what to do. It's between him and Kamara in the flex spot. Anyone out there dealing with the same dilemma?

Zay Jones caught 5-of-7 targets for 55 yards and a touchdown in the Jaguars’ Week 1 win against the Colts.

Trailing only Calvin Ridley in targets, Jones caught a beautifully-thrown ball in the corner of the end zone for a second half score against the beatable Colts coverage unit. Jones appears to still be a part of three-receiver sets and could be as if not more valuable than Christian Kirk, who had just one catch against the Colts. Jones will be a fringe fantasy play in Week 2 against the Chiefs.

- Rotoworld

Jaguars WR Zay Jones had a team-high 61 snaps in Week 1’s win over the Colts.

Calvin Ridley turned in the bigger performance (8-101-1) on the day, but it was Jones who narrowly out-snapped Ridley in the season-opener. Jones turned in a solid 5-55-1 outing in his own right, but his snap share suggests he will continue to be a key member of the Jaguars’ passing game. In addition to his high snap total, Jones was also second on the team in targets, and could be on the radar as a deep flex play in Week 2 against the Chiefs.

Been unfortunate today, extremely close to pulling in two big plays but couldn't quite stay inbounds, looks like Kirk is getting more looks in this game which might limit season long upside, but maybe for best ball it might be a worthy cheap play

Been unfortunate today, extremely close to pulling in two big plays but couldn't quite stay inbounds, looks like Kirk is getting more looks in this game which might limit season long upside, but maybe for best ball it might be a worthy cheap play
Two of the end zone throws were too high so he could only keep one foot in, and that third end zone throw where Zay was wide open was just a bad throw by Lawrence.

Two of the end zone throws were too high so he could only keep one foot in, and that third end zone throw where Zay was wide open was just a bad throw by Lawrence.
Lawrence has to practice that throw because he also threw Ridley into the goal post for another miss. At least 3 tds missed on overthrows out the back of the end zone. In fairness though, Zay should’ve toe tapped one of his misses.

Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson said Zay Jones (hamstring) is “week to week.”

Jones suffered what Pederson described as a “bad” hamstring injury in Week 15 against the Ravens. The injury-plagued veteran could miss multiple weeks, leaving Calvin Ridley as the only Week 1 starter among Jags wideouts. Parker Washington and Evan Engram should see a slight target increase with Jones sidelined, and Tim Jones should take Zay’s place in three-receiver sets.

Misdemeanor domestic battery charges against Zay Jones were dropped.
Jones was arrested in November after getting into a custody argument with the mother of his child. Jones left fingernail scratches on the woman’s neck, according to police reports. Jones went on to play down the stretch for the Jaguars. It remains to be seen if Jones will face discipline from the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread