What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (2 Viewers)

Is this the point of the thread where we re-tread all the theories and specualtion that has already been covered?

I saw the script page that you get from the bar code. That #### is crazy if it's real.
Look at the title of the script.....it's last night's episode. BOGUS....
That just means that maybe they didn't use that part in this episode. Doesn't mean the theory isn't legit.I'm actually sorry I looked at it now.

About the computer... it looked like an old Apple IIe computer, which would put the era in the 80's (1983.)  If it was a Apple II, it could be late 70's.

Can anyone get a close up shot of the computer?
the keyboard had an "execute" key
And it seemed like they went of the way to point that out in the shot.

About the computer... it looked like an old Apple IIe computer, which would put the era in the 80's (1983.)  If it was a Apple II, it could be late 70's.

It was a mainframe terminal, not a stand-alone computer.

It was a mainframe terminal, not a stand-alone computer.
And an old one. Those tape drives went out a long time ago.

Oh, and why is everyone so confused about the fact he has power? Has everybody forgotten there's a freaking wire running into the ocean?

How long will it take before the security system is explained? I think within the next two episodes. If not, then that means that the security system is controlled by the others.

Oh, and why is everyone so confused about the fact he has power? Has everybody forgotten there's a freaking wire running into the ocean?
And where the heck does that cable go to, in the ocean?

Oh, and why is everyone so confused about the fact he has power?  Has everybody forgotten there's a freaking wire running into the ocean?
And where the heck does that cable go to, in the ocean?
Well, one end in to his bunker, obviously. The other, who knows? But it seems to be an underwater power cable.

Could there be any connection between that power cable and the guys on the boat that took Walt?
They obviously have, at the very least, some form of fuel (for the boat). Since we haven't seen their camp, it's hard to guess at anything else.They are also capable of manufacturing explosives.

And speaking of the boat... if memory serves me correctly, there were four or five people on the boat that took Walt. At least one was a woman. Did she not have a French accent? I don't remember if we could see any of the faces of the people that were deeper in the boat.

And speaking of the boat... if memory serves me correctly, there were four or five people on the boat that took Walt.  At least one was a woman.  Did she not have a French accent?  I don't remember if we could see any of the faces of the people that were deeper in the boat.
There were four people. The old guy that spoke, the girl who was driving and threw the explosives, and then the two younger guys who fought off Sawyer and Michael.The only one that spoke was the old guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone mentioned that the guy in the SUV that Jack chose not to save was Shannon and Boone's father?

:yes:
Good catch. They said his last name was Rutherford.
I thought Shannon and Boone were only related after their parents got married.Do we know for sure that was the dad?

During the "scenes for next week" for me that was actually just more shots from the first episode, the overvoice said something about "next week -- find out what happens to everyone on the island." or some such sweeping generalization. After it happened, my wife and I looked at each other confused -- it sounded like next week could have been the grand finale.I know it won't be, but I thought it was kind of a strange remark to make after the first episode of the season.

Has anyone mentioned that the guy in the SUV that Jack chose not to save was Shannon and Boone's father?

I thought Shannon and Boone were only related after their parents got married.Do we know for sure that was the dad?
Well, that would be Boone's father and Shannon's step-father (or vice-versa) but either way...gotta be the guy.

I think it's Shannon's biological father and Boone's stepfather.

Well, that would be Boone's father and Shannon's step-father (or vice-versa) but either way...gotta be the guy.
The marriage was Boone's mom to Shannon's dad, then when Shannon's dad died, Shannon got screwed out of the inheritance. It went all to Boone's mom.

there was definitely light coming in through shades. running water to do his dishes and shower, a washing machine, what seemed to be some sort of fresh fruit for his shake.

doesn't make sense.
I noticed that some of the things down there seemed to be VERY modern.
Rewatching the beginning, and I disagreeComputer system is ancient. 70's to 80's

Records, with 70's era looking sound equipment.

Lava Lamp

Exercise Bike has no digital/computerized components.

Washer/Dryer and Blender could have been any era. No dishwasher.

To me, it had a 70's feel to the decor. But I doubt

And I don't think it was fresh fruit. Marachino Cherries and canned peaches would be my guess

Oh, and as for the light, it has to be artificial. You clearly see the light shining throught the "window" when the dynamite goes off. Which happens in the middle of the night.

His suit logo is an Octagon, or actually several 1 inside the other very reminiscent of the Pentagon. But it is very blurry, and barely visible being black on black.

Overall, strong first ep. Immediately flagged the 'See you in the next Life' line, and remembered the unknown guy had long hair, so it wasn't a surprise it me. I think it is the same guy. How, however, :shrug:

And we still don't know how long ago this was. Jack was made to look much younger, and there is an unknown timeline of him meeting Sara(Now seen), falling in love, marrying her (Flashback seen), splitting up ("Are you married? No, not anymore"). Could be as much as 10 years, but unknown at this time.

Overall, it still keeps my vote as best show presently on TV
Excellent post. I want to put the flashbacks at 8 or 15 or 16 years ago, because it seems everyone has live changing events happen in years corresponding to the numbers.

During the "scenes for next week" for me that was actually just more shots from the first episode, the overvoice said something about "next week -- find out what happens to everyone on the island." or some such sweeping generalization. After it happened, my wife and I looked at each other confused -- it sounded like next week could have been the grand finale.

I know it won't be, but I thought it was kind of a strange remark to make after the first episode of the season.
The previews seem to sound that way every week...My Theory: (possibly construed as a spoiler - BEWARE)

The Desmond dude talked about "miracles" and then low and behold Jack's patient was healed... Maybe he was brought to the Island and abducted the same way Walt was brought to the island and abducted because of his "powers". And Desmond was hiding from the others in the bunker?

Ok. I'll say it again. The script page is a red herring. Last season there was a simliar page (and it's still there I believe) on oceanic-air.com about the finale "Exodus". It "revealed" what the monster is, but so far has proven to be false.

Ok. I'll say it again. The script page is a red herring.

Last season there was a simliar page (and it's still there I believe) on oceanic-air.com about the finale "Exodus". It "revealed" what the monster is, but so far has proven to be false.
So, uh...what was it?Put it in spoiler-text.

This was my first episode I have seen of this show. WOW What a show. I try not to get caught up in TV shows but this one has me now. I watched the "review" show I guess that was on before this and my G/F explained some of the show to me. And now after season Season 2 Ep 1 and reading this thread I feel caught up. Can't wait for next week.

This was my first episode I have seen of this show. WOW What a show. I try not to get caught up in TV shows but this one has me now. I watched the "review" show I guess that was on before this and my G/F explained some of the show to me. And now after season Season 2 Ep 1 and reading this thread I feel caught up.

Can't wait for next week.
They did a great job with Episode 1 of Season 2. It had a very Alias-before-they-ruined-Alias feel.Go rent the DVD's of Season 1 to get caught up to speed. You won't be disappointed.

:thumbup:

Ok.  I'll say it again.  The script page is a red herring. 

Last season there was a simliar page (and it's still there I believe) on oceanic-air.com about the finale "Exodus".  It "revealed" what the monster is, but so far has proven to be false.
So, uh...what was it?Put it in spoiler-text.
A Mapinguari.
WTF is that?
Google it. There are artist renditions and legends available.

damn, i guess i saw it incorrectly. in the er when jack was working on sarah, you heard them give time of death. they showed a very quick shot of the guy that i thought died. i thought for sure it was locke. i thought that would explain how he became paralyzed.

damn, i guess i saw it incorrectly. in the er when jack was working on sarah, you heard them give time of death. they showed a very quick shot of the guy that i thought died. i thought for sure it was locke. i thought that would explain how he became paralyzed.
The dying part wasn't a clue?

damn, i guess i saw it incorrectly.  in the er when jack was working on sarah, you heard them give time of death.  they showed a very quick shot of the guy that i thought died.  i thought for sure it was locke.  i thought that would explain how he became paralyzed.
:lol: Good to have GWB back.

damn, i guess i saw it incorrectly.  in the er when jack was working on sarah, you heard them give time of death.  they showed a very quick shot of the guy that i thought died.  i thought for sure it was locke.  i thought that would explain how he became paralyzed.
i wasnt sure if they showed him also in the er. the show likes to show things once to confuse the hell out of you and then in a future episode clarify it. i figured either they were announcing a different person dead (not the person in the suv) or locke was just another person in the er in a different accident. we didnt tape it, and when i said "holy ####! i think that was locke!", my wife didnt think so. guess i was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if the "explosion" in the opening scene wasn't the hatch being blown up, but the plane crashing a few months before? That could be why he's dirty when they go down there. It knocked out some of his facilities?

What if the "explosion" in the opening scene wasn't the hatch being blown up, but the plane crashing a few months before? That could be why he's dirty when they go down there. It knocked out some of his facilities?
Interesting, but I don't think so. When they show him use his periscope/mirror contraption the last mirror is broken at the base of the hatch. Then when Kate and Jack descend the hatch the mirror is right there. I would think he'd have fixed it ASAP if it happened a month ago.

Maybe there's another way out of the bunker.
There has to be, unless we're assuming he's been in the bunker this entire time. Remember, the way they went in had been buried under mud.

Hmmm...

Where can I place a wager down that the moment Jack's patient/wife regains feeling in her lower extremities, John Locke loses his?

I'd bet a case on it. :banned:
I don't think so. When lock was in Australia he says hs'e lived that way for "4 damn years".

Users who are viewing this thread