Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Howard Stern***

jamny

• 3 weeks later...

Robin reading news this morning, saying the Arizona Cardinals were in the SB.

God this is the most overpaid person on earth

She's just dumb. It wasn't even that, because when she went to clarify why she was reading the story she mentioned an ARI fan got a tattoo of superbowl champs and needed it removed.

So this Zika virus going around is causing babies to be born with the same affliction that Beetlejuice has. Cant wait for the Zika virus spelling bee on the show 20-30 years from now.

I'm only active in the Zika thread because my wife made the Beetlejuice connection to me when she was describing this virus. I was blowing it off previously.

Eric, Riley and now Bob.

Jeff and Eric not too far behind.

To be honest it never seems like Howard does much for these people. Take away the interviews and these cast of characters are 15-20% of the show. A show that makes millions. Howard worth 500mill likely.

Not saying Howard has to give these guys millions. But maybe a wack-pack vacation every year? Sure it would provide content in itself. Shuli could take them to a new country each year. Document the hijinks.

The wack-pack are like unpaid interns who provide 10-20% of the content yet get nothing. It's pretty pathetic on Howard's part. Handicapped and physically disabled people. Throw them a bone once in a while. A contest. Something.

Offer hi-pitch 100k if he can lose 100lbs in a year.

Edited by Daywalker

Eric, Riley and now Bob.

Jeff and Eric not too far behind.

To be honest it never seems like Howard does much for these people. Take away the interviews and these cast of characters are 15-20% of the show. A show that makes millions. Howard worth 500mill likely.

Not saying Howard has to give these guys millions. But maybe a wack-pack vacation every year? Sure it would provide content in itself. Shuli could take them to a new country each year. Document the hijinks.

The wack-pack are like unpaid interns who provide 10-20% of the content yet get nothing. It's pretty pathetic on Howard's part. Handicapped and physically disabled people. Throw them a bone once in a while. A contest. Something.

Offer hi-pitch 100k if he can lose 100lbs in a year.

Howard probably has a net worth of close to 1B....I totally agree that he should take better care of his wack pack...he doesnt need to make them rich (though it would be hilarious to watch if he just handed Beetlejuice $5M and followed him around) - but watching them live in poverty and die with inadequate care is disturbing when he makes so much money off of them.

I also never got over the whole - "you're dead to me thing" - where if you question or embarrass Howard or move on in some way you are dead to him -

Stuttering John, Artie, Chauncey, Rev Bob, Elliot Offen, KC, Double AA, Crazy Cabby, Hanzie - Im sure there are many I missed......

They have KC on every once in a while. I didnt realize until you wrote it but Hanzi hasnt been on in forever. Did anything happen specifically

I know Debbie the Pet Lady hasnt been on either. I assumed she is legit crazy and they wanted to distance themselves from that psycho

Not that I miss hanzie, other than the sleeping on the phone, but yeah what happened to him?

He appeared on Artie's pod.

He called Howard Imus.

When Howard picked up on him in November, he asked him immediately about the Stuttering John/Artie bashing pod.

I think that sealed his fate.

Not that I miss hanzie, other than the sleeping on the phone, but yeah what happened to him?

He called Howard Imus.

When Howard picked up on him in November, he asked him immediately about the Stuttering John/Artie bashing pod.

yep - you screw over Howard or don't play ball you are dead to him......also he shies away when someone turns very psycho (Elliot Offen) or has legal issues

How he tries to act like he's protecting Artie by not having him on is ridiculous....the guy is an adult and has his own show....are you telling me he'd have a breakdown over an hour interview with Howard? Really weak.

BTW add Gilbert to the list.....I dont think he's been in since the cupcake incident.

He called Howard Imus.

yep - you screw over Howard or don't play ball you are dead to him......also he shies away when someone turns very psycho (Elliot Offen) or has legal issues

How he tries to act like he's protecting Artie by not having him on is ridiculous....the guy is an adult and has his own show....are you telling me he'd have a breakdown over an hour interview with Howard? Really weak.

BTW add Gilbert to the list.....I dont think he's been in since the cupcake incident.

Been wondering about Gilbert. What's the cupcake incident?

No King of all Blacks in a long time either.

Last time he picked up on KoaB, he accused Howard of liking certain type of women ( a dig at Beth ). I forget exactly what was said, but remember thinking "he gone"

He was on last week

Talk about moen faucets?

• Like 1

Last time he picked up on KoaB, he accused Howard of liking certain type of women ( a dig at Beth ). I forget exactly what was said, but remember thinking "he gone"

He was on twice last week

eta: jammy beat me to it

Edited by AcerFC

He called Howard Imus.

I think he spit all over the cupcakes or something.

If you believe in the Marci Turk theory, he is too dirty for the show at this point.

• Like 1

He called Howard Imus.

Sounds like Howard handled it just like a good member of the Illuminati would.

He called Howard Imus.

I think he spit all over the cupcakes or something.

If you believe in the Marci Turk theory, he is too dirty for the show at this point.

Too dirty and not PC enough. That's what I assumed it was.

He was on twice last week

eta: jammy beat me to it

Ah, I missed last week.

Ok far enough on that.

He called Howard Imus.

Thank God for that!

Why would Howard want to do anything to help Artie or Stuttering John? He doesnt owe them anything. If I burn bridges leaving my job I wouldn't expect my old boss to help me out. Those guys owe Howard not the other way around. At least Artie is funny, but John is talentless.

Why would Howard want to do anything to help Artie or Stuttering John? He doesnt owe them anything. If I burn bridges leaving my job I wouldn't expect my old boss to help me out. Those guys owe Howard not the other way around. At least Artie is funny, but John is talentless.

He was friends (Bros lol) with both of them. Artie was an addict but a huge part of the show....to act like he doesnt exist and say that he's scared to let him on the show for even an interview is ridiculous....as for SJ - he blasted the guy for going to Leno and wrote him off as dead - the guy raised his salary by a ton and got the announcing gig for the tonight show.....like he should have given howard a chance to match that? I would have done the same.

anyway - the old Howard would have them on the show and have it out....new Howard treats people like they dont exist.

I love on interviews where his guests do something for their colleagues or friends and Howard is incredulous that people actually do nice things for other people. Jackson Browne giving Take it Easy to the Eagles and when they talked about how Linda Ronstadt let Frey and Henley walk from her band, all I could think about was how much of a scumbag Howard was to John, as Howard couldn't believe she would let them do that.

Their is a reason we have SAG an other unions. They will get taken of advantage of otherwise. Like what happens on Stern. And I love the show. But it is insane how much these people provide content-wise while not being compensated while a person/show makes millions.

Imagine you provide 15% of a network sitcom show yet receive nothing? For some reason it's ok on radio.

We seem to think Howard is doing them a favor when it's the exact opposite.

Didn't Stuttering John go from ~100k to 500k? I don't know how anyone in their right mind can criticize that.

:shrug: John seems to be upset by his choice.

Well Howard was correct in that Leno used John to try to get a younger demographic through the Howard connection.....As Howard predicted - once the 3 yr deal was up John was done....he actually was banished to the writer room....he now does stand up gigs...he does speak relatively freely about Howard on podcasts and Howard sites.....is up front on how Howard has changed from every man to Hollywood Howie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm one of those listeners that hates any time Robin leans into an interview and asks questions. 

Just listened to the interview with Melissa McCarthy and I think it's the closest I ever heard Robin jump in on asking the guest a question and nearly made Howard lose his #### because of her timing and stepping on Howard's line of questioning.

• Like 1

Just now, On The Rocks said:

I'm one of those listeners that hates any time Robin leans into an interview and asks questions. 

Just listened to the interview with Melissa McCarthy and I think it's the closest I ever heard Robin jump in on asking the guest a question and nearly made Howard lose his #### because of her timing and stepping on Howard's line of questioning.

Robin's only redeeming factors are the opportunity for people to make song parodies about her and for Fred to pull/play drops of the asinine things she says.

• 3 weeks later...