What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question for the staff: (1 Viewer)

SSOG

Hey FBGs, I'm loving the Historical Data Dominator (and think, from a projections standpoint, it's worth the price of admission on its own), but had one minor nit with it- it has no "Year N+1" capabilities.

Are there any plans to add capabilities of generating reports using "Year N+1" variables? For instance, I was thinking about the Lee Evans discussion, and was thinking just how helpful it would be if we could generate a list of players with under 80 targets in year N and over 100 targets in year N+1 so I could come up with a list of WRs who made a comparable WR2 to WR1 transition (yes, I'm aware that there's no historical data for targets, so it's a moot point anyway, but that was just an example).

Hey FBGs, I'm loving the Historical Data Dominator (and think, from a projections standpoint, it's worth the price of admission on its own), but had one minor nit with it- it has no "Year N+1" capabilities.

Are there any plans to add capabilities of generating reports using "Year N+1" variables? For instance, I was thinking about the Lee Evans discussion, and was thinking just how helpful it would be if we could generate a list of players with under 80 targets in year N and over 100 targets in year N+1 so I could come up with a list of WRs who made a comparable WR2 to WR1 transition (yes, I'm aware that there's no historical data for targets, so it's a moot point anyway, but that was just an example).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shoot an email to drinen@footballguys.com.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought that was Bruce Henderson's?henderson@footballguys.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought that was Bruce Henderson's?henderson@footballguys.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Henderson is the draft dominator, not the data dominator.

Henderson is the draft dominator, not the data dominator.
Correct. Bruce facilitates the domination of drafts. I facilitate the domination of data.To answer the original question, I don't think that's something that's likely to happen, mainly because I don't want to make the interface any more complicated.

However, I have often thought that a year-to-year tool would be nice, so I may cook up a tool specifically for that purpose. Another possibility would be to have a button you could click after running the historical DD that would take the list you just generated and give you back the N+1 stats for each of them.

Don't hold your breath that any of these things is going to happen in the very near future, though. There are some more pressing site-related issues. But it's a thought for the futures. No promises, but a good idea.

While we're on the topic, I have another suggestion to facilitate the domination of data.

Right now we can choose to look at various portions of a season by specifying the weeks we want to look at, with weeks being numbered from 1 to 17.

It would also be cool to be able to specify what games we want to look at, with games being numbered from 1 to 16.

Currently, if I want to look at the leading rusher over "the second half" of the 2005 season, I can choose weeks 8-17 or 9-17; but either way I'm getting eight games' worth of production for some players, and more or less than that for others. So it's not apples to apples.

Last edited by a moderator:
While we're on the topic, I have another suggestion to facilitate the domination of data.

Right now we can choose to look at various portions of a season by specifying the weeks we want to look at, with weeks being numbered from 1 to 17.

It would also be cool to be able to specify what games we want to look at, with games being numbered from 1 to 16.

Currently, if I want to look at the leading rusher over "the second half" of the 2005 season, I can choose weeks 8-17 or 9-17; but either way I'm getting eight games' worth of production for some players, and more or less than that for others. So it's not apples to apples.
Simple solution: Divide the season into "halves" of 9 and 7 games. Weeks 1-10 will always provide 9 weeks worth of data, and weeks 11-17 will always provide 7.Then again, even if you did that, you'd always get fewer weeks of production from some players than others because of injuries. I would love and make tons of use of any functionality that would let us sort by averages instead of raw data. For instance, instead of listing who scored the most points in weeks 1-9, who scored the most points per game? Also, I understand that you don't want to make it too complicated, but you could always just add a "minimum catches/rushes/passes/games to qualify" field to cut out outliers (like Frisman Jackson last year).

Also, I understand that you don't want to make it too complicated, but you could always just add a "minimum catches/rushes/passes/games to qualify" field to cut out outliers (like Frisman Jackson last year).
There already is minimum-to-qualify functionality in the HDD. If you want the minimum to be 20 receptions, just set "Statistic #2" (or #3 or whatever) to receptions, and then put 20 in the first box and leave the second box blank. Presto.Per-game averages rather than totals are a good suggestion and something that probably wouldn't be too tough to add. I'll look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread