What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (4 Viewers)

I will pay $200 for 1 Asheville or $350 for 2.
There are sites that deal with this, you should go there.
Yeah I know but I would rather buy from a FBG plus I cannot find a deal on those websites. Maybe the prices will come down closer to the show but who knows. I really want to go to the Asheville show since that is my adopted home town.
If the FBG won't sell you the tix on face value, he ain't a very nice FBG, IMO.If it wasn't Phish I probably wouldn't care, but selling tixs for that kind of profit is half the ####### problem with getting tixs in the first place.Ok, I'm done :(

Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South.

Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South. Please come South.
is this the pearl jam or phish thread?

SOB...I had to be in class today from 9AM-2PM and my buddy was supposed to try to get me tix for both nights of Alpine. I text him an hour and a half ago and he said it just kept saying error.

I try now and its sold out.

I hope Live Nation gets raped by Patrick Ewing

Last edited by a moderator:
Do all these online brokers use/share the same ticket pool?

If not, it's quite amazing how many tickets these hogs are able pick up for shows.

Looks like they're gonna play an additional set at roo

"Phish will play two shows at the 2009 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. The band will play a full two-set performance as well as an additional late-evening set. The eighth annual four-day camping and music festival will be held on June 11 - 14 in Manchester, Tennessee, 60 miles south of Nashville. The final lineup will total over 120 bands and over 20 comedians performing on 13 stages over four days"

Rumor has it that the West Coast run will be announced shortly and yes, there WILL be a multiple night Red Rocks run.

Rumor has it that the West Coast run will be announced shortly and yes, there WILL be a multiple night Red Rocks run.
Short memory over there at Red Rocks. That or proof that a poor economy makes one change their principles.But I did catch two Phish shows at RR in the 90's, damn good sound. Kinda sucks though too, since you have to drive to and from the venue and the nearest campground is like 5 miles away. Not the worst by far, but still a bummer.It is all about the Gorge!!!!

I gave in bought an Orch seat off ebay for $150 for thurs night at JB...

These shows are practically walking distance to my house, I'm not missing either one...

We'll have to plan a get together pre show - I already have my spot - enter the lot, go about 10 rows and make a right and park midway to the concession stand - perfect bathroom location - DO NOT pee on the dunes.

Is this going to be broadcast live anywhere? I might have to give my kid some cold medicine and camp out in front of the computer all night.

My buddy who got 2 tix for every night from the lottery (6 tix, ~ $360 face) got $4050 for them on ebay a couple days back. :)

I'd love to be there, but 4 large for a weekend of shows?

Is this going to be broadcast live anywhere? I might have to give my kid some cold medicine and camp out in front of the computer all night.
Nope, but livephish.com is offering free mp3 downloads of all 3 shows. That's pretty sweet.IMO, there's only one choice for the opener:The Curtain (With).Gotta make up for the Coventry debacle.

Nope, but livephish.com is offering free mp3 downloads of all 3 shows. That's pretty sweet.IMO, there's only one choice for the opener:The Curtain (With).Gotta make up for the Coventry debacle.
Did they botch it? I never listened to that show. They weren't really on top of their game at that time.

Opener guesses?
Chalkdust would be my initial guess.
To predictable.Harpua or Destiny unbound
Predictable yes, but also dependable. A "classic" opener, hard to mess up, why not return to it?Harpua = I don't think so, it would be weird to start the show off with a song that has a rambling minutes-long story in the middle. I'm thinking something upbeat, of the Chalkdust / Llama variety. Destiny Unbound might fit the bill though.Other options I see as very possible are Punch You in the Eye or ACDC Bag.

Did they botch it? I never listened to that show. They weren't really on top of their game at that time.
Buddies of mine that were there said they basically weeped and fumbled through the whole show. You can see clips from it on youtube, didn't look like that much fun at all.

Buddies of mine that were there said they basically weeped and fumbled through the whole show. You can see clips from it on youtube, didn't look like that much fun at all.
The rumor is that Trey was supposed to stay sober for Coventry but he didnt. He was at a severe low at the end of stage of Phish and this was the main reason that they quit. Trey was totally wasted they whole time and you can tell in some of the songs where he is just playing random stuff.ACDC Bag would be a good opener but I have to think they are going to pull out a crazy trick to start off with. THey supposedly have been practicing and playing together in Vermont and NYC to make this run tight. I would be willing to bet that they go back to predetermined setlist for Hampton.

I would be willing to bet that they go back to predetermined setlist for Hampton.
I never knew they ever played with a predetermined setlist. I'd be curious to know when they abandoned this.
Early 90's i would guess. In one of the books, HFB maybe, they talk about how a predetermined setlist allows them to nail each song but takes away from their experimental stage. There was a long chapter about how they would practice and do crazy stuff like blindfold everyone, switch keys midsong and let each member take the lead. They would practice for literally hours doing crazy stuff to build improvisation skills.

pantherclub said:
Nigel Tufnel said:
pantherclub said:
I would be willing to bet that they go back to predetermined setlist for Hampton.
I never knew they ever played with a predetermined setlist. I'd be curious to know when they abandoned this.
Early 90's i would guess. In one of the books, HFB maybe, they talk about how a predetermined setlist allows them to nail each song but takes away from their experimental stage. There was a long chapter about how they would practice and do crazy stuff like blindfold everyone, switch keys midsong and let each member take the lead. They would practice for literally hours doing crazy stuff to build improvisation skills.
Yeah, and Trey used to stay up late after shows planning the next night's setlist. Fueled by the yay. Almost like he was the biggest phish-geek out there.I really wonder how much fire is left in the belly to do the type of practice it takes to get the band in a similar place they were in in the early-mid 90s. I read somewhere on the internets that the first practice sessions in Brooklyn had mixed reports coming out of them, but that was a while ago.

Nigel Tufnel said:
"2001" into something might be cool.
I could see them breaking out a cover like this, I think this was a regularly played opener (at least a 2nd set opener?) for a long time.

snitwitch said:
pantherclub said:
snitwitch said:
Bobcat10 said:
Opener guesses?
Chalkdust would be my initial guess.
To predictable.Harpua or Destiny unbound
Predictable yes, but also dependable. A "classic" opener, hard to mess up, why not return to it?Harpua = I don't think so, it would be weird to start the show off with a song that has a rambling minutes-long story in the middle. I'm thinking something upbeat, of the Chalkdust / Llama variety. Destiny Unbound might fit the bill though.Other options I see as very possible are Punch You in the Eye or ACDC Bag.
Ya I was gonna say maybe PYITE. I'm sorta hoping for PYITE in Pittsburgh.

tommyGunZ said:
My buddy who got 2 tix for every night from the lottery (6 tix, ~ $360 face) got $4050 for them on ebay a couple days back. :thumbup: I'd love to be there, but 4 large for a weekend of shows?
I wish they had a way to track him down and void the tickets or worse....From way back I always thought they should keep track of who gets tickets and make sure each tour, different fans get tickets and if the tix are ever on ebay that name and CC should be banned.

pantherclub said:
Nigel Tufnel said:
pantherclub said:
Yeah, and Trey used to stay up late after shows planning the next night's setlist. Fueled by the yay. Almost like he was the biggest phish-geek out there.I really wonder how much fire is left in the belly to do the type of practice it takes to get the band in a similar place they were in in the early-mid 90s. I read somewhere on the internets that the first practice sessions in Brooklyn had mixed reports coming out of them, but that was a while ago.
I gotta think that they will take this extremely serious after what happened at Coventry. I strongly believe that if Coventry had been a success then that would have been the eternal end for phish. As it is now they went out on the worst note possible and want to make amends. After this tour I expect them to only do short runs and not tour extensively anymore. The long spring/summer runs just has to be murder on your 40yr old body and familys. I could see them doing like a 10 show fall run ending on NYE then start another june/july run next year just to keep it fresh. To me personally they will lose the enigma about them if they start playing 30-50 shows a year

pantherclub said:
Nigel Tufnel said:
pantherclub said:
I gotta think that they will take this extremely serious after what happened at Coventry. I strongly believe that if Coventry had been a success then that would have been the eternal end for phish. As it is now they went out on the worst note possible and want to make amends. After this tour I expect them to only do short runs and not tour extensively anymore. The long spring/summer runs just has to be murder on your 40yr old body and familys. I could see them doing like a 10 show fall run ending on NYE then start another june/july run next year just to keep it fresh. To me personally they will lose the enigma about them if they start playing 30-50 shows a year
I agree with this, they are not going to revert to being a band that plays many many shows a year.The #1 thing I loved about Phish from the beginning was their technical prowess. This doesn't necessarily have to evaporate when you reach your 40s, just look at many jazz and classical musicians. But what it does require is a sustained and rigorous practice regime, like they used to do before exploding. I just wonder if this is happening in 2009 or not. I haven't seen the band in ages, but from listening to some of the "post hiatus" shows it almost sounded like they weren't practicing at all and just coasting.

i'll be missing hampton, too--ticketmaster can rot in hell.

no way they open with Harpua. i think the Curtain would be cool (don't think they botched it at Coventy, btw) but i'm thinking something more upbeat and/or off-the-wall. i won't try to predict anything crazy, how about a rockin' Golgi Apparatus?

i'll be missing hampton, too--ticketmaster can rot in hell.

no way they open with Harpua. i think the Curtain would be cool (don't think they botched it at Coventy, btw) but i'm thinking something more upbeat and/or off-the-wall. i won't try to predict anything crazy, how about a rockin' Golgi Apparatus?
I could see this under normal circumstances, but given the controversy surrounding tickets to this event, this might be a big F U to fans that weren't able to make it... "I saw you with a ticket stub in your hand" might make Hampton fans go nuts though.

Users who are viewing this thread