What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Latest Summer Tour Part II rumors:

Hartford 7/24

SPAC 7/25,26

Red Rocks 7/30,31, 8/1

Hollywood Bowl 8/3

Shoreline 8/5,6

The Gorge 8/8,9

Trey Looks HILARIOUS!!

Fresh off their reunion concerts in Hampton, McConnell and Anastasio of

Phish joined Guy and the Allmans for a blistering take on Southbound

that found all the extremely talented musicians on that stage taking

turns at tearing the song a new #####. Anastasio couldnt contain his

enormous smile and whispered sweet nothings in Guys ear while Trucks

showed off his massive skill set. We had four of the most badass

guitarists in the world going at it and each axeman added a different

spice to the stew.

After a brief setbreak that found even the most jaded of Peacheaters

praising the Phishies appearance, the band returned to the stage

without Jaimoe and with Trey and Page. The ensemble noodled around with

the intro of Blue Sky before drummers Marc Quinones and Butch Trucks

started the shuffling beat of I Know You Rider. Both Page and Trey were

set up with microphones and shared vocals with Gregg Allman and Haynes.

Warren led the way on both the vocals and the solos, but

not before Page and Trey added long melodic solos on the tune which they

had rocked out with Phil Lesh and Friends back in 1999. Following

Rider, Anastasio and McConnell stayed on for an In Memory of Elizabeth

Reed that found them gelling with the Allmans in a way that had eluded

them during their previous sit-ins at the Beacon throughout the years.

Trey patiently toyed with a few of the themes from the famed Live at

Fillmore East Liz Reed before turning it up to a level Im not sure I saw

down in Hampton for rapidfire runs across the fretboad that whipped the

crowd into a frenzy. Anastasio kept building and building the jam to

multiple crescendos with some of his signature machine gun licks. I

couldve died a happy man right there and then after finally seeing

Phishs Jerseyboys shoot and score during an Allmans show.

Just finally finished listening to all three shows, and the third night was a masterpiece.

All four members of the band were tight as heck in the first set - that set could have just as easily have been played in 1997 and would have sounded the same. And the second set was a straight up monster regardless of era.

They sound SO much better burning through their songs at a torrid pace than they ever did jamming off for half an hour on David Bowie or Harry Hood. That musical masturbation crap that Trey was into after 2G was what turned me off to the band in the first place - and I go back to Halloween '89 with this band.

Staying tight and funky and exploring songs for a period of time, and then returning to the groove of the tune is what makes a good jam band. And that is what they sounded like on night three.

They are a band with a huge catalog of songs, that knows how the song is supposed to sound, and jams off within the general groove of the song. That is what I originally liked about Phish, and that is what they sound like they are back into . . . .

Now I just need to score some tickets to Mansfield, and then get the second half announced so I can travel back out to Colorado, where I never get shut out of shows. :coffee:

Latest Summer Tour Part II rumors:Hartford 7/24SPAC 7/25,26Red Rocks 7/30,31, 8/1Hollywood Bowl 8/3Shoreline 8/5,6The Gorge 8/8,9
Nice. I'll be at shoreline, maybe The Gorge
If they hit The Gorge I am so there.I have seen them there twice, well four times actually since I went to both shows each time, and I put that venue above even Red Rocks; where I have also seen Phish.The Gorge is the ####.

Just finally finished listening to all three shows, and the third night was a masterpiece.All four members of the band were tight as heck in the first set - that set could have just as easily have been played in 1997 and would have sounded the same. And the second set was a straight up monster regardless of era.They sound SO much better burning through their songs at a torrid pace than they ever did jamming off for half an hour on David Bowie or Harry Hood. That musical masturbation crap that Trey was into after 2G was what turned me off to the band in the first place - and I go back to Halloween '89 with this band.Staying tight and funky and exploring songs for a period of time, and then returning to the groove of the tune is what makes a good jam band. And that is what they sounded like on night three. They are a band with a huge catalog of songs, that knows how the song is supposed to sound, and jams off within the general groove of the song. That is what I originally liked about Phish, and that is what they sound like they are back into . . . .Now I just need to score some tickets to Mansfield, and then get the second half announced so I can travel back out to Colorado, where I never get shut out of shows. :D
reminds me a lot of 94 phish, when I "got it"

Just finally finished listening to all three shows, and the third night was a masterpiece.All four members of the band were tight as heck in the first set - that set could have just as easily have been played in 1997 and would have sounded the same. And the second set was a straight up monster regardless of era.They sound SO much better burning through their songs at a torrid pace than they ever did jamming off for half an hour on David Bowie or Harry Hood. That musical masturbation crap that Trey was into after 2G was what turned me off to the band in the first place - and I go back to Halloween '89 with this band.Staying tight and funky and exploring songs for a period of time, and then returning to the groove of the tune is what makes a good jam band. And that is what they sounded like on night three. They are a band with a huge catalog of songs, that knows how the song is supposed to sound, and jams off within the general groove of the song. That is what I originally liked about Phish, and that is what they sound like they are back into . . . .Now I just need to score some tickets to Mansfield, and then get the second half announced so I can travel back out to Colorado, where I never get shut out of shows. :shrug:
Yep - '93 - '95 or so was the sweet spot for me.

snitwitch said:
Latest Summer Tour Part II rumors:

Hartford 7/24

SPAC 7/25,26

Red Rocks 7/30,31, 8/1

Hollywood Bowl 8/3

Shoreline 8/5,6

The Gorge 8/8,9
Where are these rumors originating from?
A little birdie with some indirect access to the band.
LiveNation apparently had a page up with the 8/5 shoreline show, but then took it down -- lending credibility to these dates.
The band lends credibility to that source's information - Late Summer Tour announcedNot dead on, but pretty darned close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-order for tix is ON for the shows announced, including the Gorge

I just put in my request for 2 for ea. night of Red Rocks

I think it is time to change your alias now that Phish is back - I recommend either Phinless or Finfull

Just finally finished listening to all three shows, and the third night was a masterpiece.All four members of the band were tight as heck in the first set - that set could have just as easily have been played in 1997 and would have sounded the same. And the second set was a straight up monster regardless of era.They sound SO much better burning through their songs at a torrid pace than they ever did jamming off for half an hour on David Bowie or Harry Hood. That musical masturbation crap that Trey was into after 2G was what turned me off to the band in the first place - and I go back to Halloween '89 with this band.Staying tight and funky and exploring songs for a period of time, and then returning to the groove of the tune is what makes a good jam band. And that is what they sounded like on night three. They are a band with a huge catalog of songs, that knows how the song is supposed to sound, and jams off within the general groove of the song. That is what I originally liked about Phish, and that is what they sound like they are back into . . . .Now I just need to score some tickets to Mansfield, and then get the second half announced so I can travel back out to Colorado, where I never get shut out of shows. :confused:
Me too - especially '95. '95 Vegas and '95/'96 NYE in MSG were my peak shows.They had started the decline before the 4 RR shows in '96, and I was pretty much over it by '96/'97 NYE in the Boston Garden. I saw smatterings of shows, but it wasn't ever the same for me.Don't get me wrong, they produced some DAMN fine shows '97-'99. The funk years didn't exactly suck. But they often devolved into monotonous noodling, and Widespread Panic were significantly better during the '97-'99 time frame, and were the best band going - period - from '00 till Mikey died.

Wow...I'm listening to night 3 right now for the first time all the way through. OUT####INGSTANDING
feels like old times, doesn't it, tommy?
Tommy wasn't there for "old times"
This is true - I'm a late convert. First show was 97 in Raleigh, and didn't see them again until 99 or 2000. In some ways, I'm glad I missed some of the early stuff, b/c unlike most I actually had a blast at all the shows I saw over the last 8 yrs. :shrug:

Just finally finished listening to all three shows, and the third night was a masterpiece.All four members of the band were tight as heck in the first set - that set could have just as easily have been played in 1997 and would have sounded the same. And the second set was a straight up monster regardless of era.They sound SO much better burning through their songs at a torrid pace than they ever did jamming off for half an hour on David Bowie or Harry Hood. That musical masturbation crap that Trey was into after 2G was what turned me off to the band in the first place - and I go back to Halloween '89 with this band.Staying tight and funky and exploring songs for a period of time, and then returning to the groove of the tune is what makes a good jam band. And that is what they sounded like on night three. They are a band with a huge catalog of songs, that knows how the song is supposed to sound, and jams off within the general groove of the song. That is what I originally liked about Phish, and that is what they sound like they are back into . . . .Now I just need to score some tickets to Mansfield, and then get the second half announced so I can travel back out to Colorado, where I never get shut out of shows. :excited:
Me too - especially '95. '95 Vegas and '95/'96 NYE in MSG were my peak shows.They had started the decline before the 4 RR shows in '96, and I was pretty much over it by '96/'97 NYE in the Boston Garden. I saw smatterings of shows, but it wasn't ever the same for me.Don't get me wrong, they produced some DAMN fine shows '97-'99. The funk years didn't exactly suck. But they often devolved into monotonous noodling, and Widespread Panic were significantly better during the '97-'99 time frame, and were the best band going - period - from '00 till Mikey died.
Clifford Ball began killing the feeling for me. Not so much for the quality of the music, which was still pretty high (albeit starting to get noodley), but more for the enormous mob scene, marked increase in sketch factor in the lot/camping realm, lack of intimacy in seeing the band with what seemed like 100k people, etc... It seemed like many more dooshes started showing up at these shows around that time. I was also of the belief that Phish wasn't the type of band that could project "phishness" into huge stadiums and open air festivals... The 96/97 Boston new years shows also left me with a very sour taste in my mouth.That said I am very excited to see these guys again if I can, as it seems like they are refocused.I saw Widespread a number of times in 1994 and thought they were insane, but have not seen them since :bag:

I am just totally psyched that Warren Haynes is regularly touring with anyone and sounding great, Panic is coming off of some very heavy touring and sounding great with Jimmy Herring, and Trey is sounding clean and fresh again with Phish.

Here's to the three best jam guitarists on the planet all at the top of their game in '09 - if things work out right, I will have seen one or the other of these guys 10 out of 12 months this year - and I thought this was going to be a light concert year for me with Panic breaking till the fall.

(so far, Panic in January - well January first for about an hour; Warren in February; Panic in April; likely Warren in May; Phish in June assuming a ticket to Mansfield or a trip to Bonnarroo, Phish in July and August, Panic in September - sprinkle in some more Warren and Panic over the summer and things are looking quite jam bandy for me)

I am just totally psyched that Warren Haynes is regularly touring with anyone and sounding great, Panic is coming off of some very heavy touring and sounding great with Jimmy Herring, and Trey is sounding clean and fresh again with Phish.Here's to the three best jam guitarists on the planet all at the top of their game in '09 - if things work out right, I will have seen one or the other of these guys 10 out of 12 months this year - and I thought this was going to be a light concert year for me with Panic breaking till the fall.(so far, Panic in January - well January first for about an hour; Warren in February; Panic in April; likely Warren in May; Phish in June assuming a ticket to Mansfield or a trip to Bonnarroo, Phish in July and August, Panic in September - sprinkle in some more Warren and Panic over the summer and things are looking quite jam bandy for me)
After listening to the Allman shows at the Beacon you have to add Derek Trucks to that list. The things he does with the guitar is jaw dropping. When it is all said and done people will look back at him as an all time great.

I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel the feeling I forgot..... :unsure:

sunday nite Hampton is the total package

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Last edited by a moderator:
just put in a request for all redrocks and gorge shows
I wish I could do both.I've never been to the Gorge and only heard the best about it. Went with RR because that's home, and even if I miss out on Phish or TM selling me tix, I have enough connections to Denver and RR that there is no way I'll be outside the door of any of those shows.

Officially shut out from the one show I tried to order for Shoreline.

Anyone have any tips for purchasing these things when they go on sale to the general public on (I think) Sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread