Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tony Soprano : [over the phone]  It's a bad connection, so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed! Paulie 'Walnuts' Gual

Sopranos movie prequel in the works according to David Chase

The talking Sopranos podcast is really good if you would like to know about every play that Michael imperioli has ever seen.

I think Chase is full of it, in that regard. A lot of Sopranos fans were really hating Tony after he killed Christopher (even though most knew it was eventually coming, and that Christopher brought it on himself), and then boom, the next episode had Tony a) saving his son from killing himself, and b) avenging an inappropriate comment made towards his daughter. That episode was totally getting the fans back on Tony's side, after the previous one turned many against him, and that was all in the writing.

I think that chase meant it in terms of the original conception of Tony Soprano. Once they saw what Gandolfini could do, then they changed the direction of the character. Gandolfini was the one who gave then the freedom to write like that.

I think Chase is full of it, in that regard. A lot of Sopranos fans were really hating Tony after he killed Christopher (even though most knew it was eventually coming, and that Christopher brought it on himself), and then boom, the next episode had Tony a) saving his son from killing himself, and b) avenging an inappropriate comment made towards his daughter. That episode was totally getting the fans back on Tony's side, after the previous one turned many against him, and that was all in the writing.

I think that chase meant it in terms of the original conception of Tony Soprano. Once they saw what Gandolfini could do, then they changed the direction of the character. Gandolfini was the one who gave then the freedom to write like that.

Off topic: I'm afraid that I must insist that you put this link in your sig.

TIA for your anticipated cooperation.

As an aside, I didn't realize that Uncle Pat was the mob lawyer who gave the nod to the judge in Goodfellas when Hendry's case came up.

"HOOOOOOOO..... you broke your cherry!"

Wow, I never realized that. Nice find.

You think he's lying?

I didn't say that. I don't think he is lying; I think he is just not wanting to speak the obvious truth.

Great scene. The end of that episode is my favorite Artie moment. When the kitchen is closed but he offers to cook for that couple...breaks out the old school notebook with the old recipes, and starts on the rabbit. Very poignant.

Yep.

Absolutely.

Working my way through season one.....

Just saw the Christopher dream scene and have decided that I could watch Adrianna eat sausage all day

I wish I could watch all of these for the first time again.

I only watched them as they aired. So I'm so far removed it, its pretty close to it.

If I was a bad man, this would have been option 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnrB9Bi17rI

EDIT: The best part about this show was the funny smart #### comments in between the action. Along the lines of the "you got a ####### probem besides those pants" Furios reaction to what Tony asks him to do I find funny.

Edited by The Ref

This is really, really bizarre. I will try to take this step-by-step so everyone can follow along.

I follow Joe Gannascoli (Vito) on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JoeGannascoli

The NY Post does a story last week about how he is a self-promoter, doing a million interviews and such after Galdolfini's death, and that he and Jim weren't close at all. They "hadn't spoken in seven years" and the whole cast resents him for it, etc. Joe fights back via Twitter and a reply to the Post, saying that the cast has no problem with him. It's one guy who has a vendetta.

Reading between the lines, the one guy is Steve Schirripa (Bacala).

Joe keeps posting links to audio interviews that he did with Howard Stern and Artie Lange, where he defends himself.

The YouTube video with Artie has scathing comments from some guy named Anthony.

Joe replies in the comments field: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aEkTYWpYKU&feature=youtu.be&a

But I'm not sure Joe is good at the internet. The comments are defending "him"..... "him" being Gannascoli. But the account is under "joey g", and the EXACT comments he posts at YouTube show up on his Twitter timeline simultaneously. :mellow:

So awesome.

Who knew that a guy famous for hooking up with security guards and Johnny Cakes would be susceptible to internet trolling?

I can say I have never been as upset at a TV program then during that whole Johnny Cakes fiasco.

Who knew that a guy famous for hooking up with security guards and Johnny Cakes would be susceptible to internet trolling?

I can say I have never been as upset at a TV program then during that whole Johnny Cakes fiasco.

Simply awful. They can take that episode with them riding motorcycles in the country and then spooning, and package it up with "Christopher" (The dreadful Columbus Day episode) and throw 'em all in the incinerator.

Simply awful. They can take that episode with them riding motorcycles in the country and then spooning, and package it up with "Christopher" (The dreadful Columbus Day episode) and throw 'em all in the incinerator.

Just watching the Arite Lange interview..... Joey G "That season changed my life... it was so beautifully written"

I hope you get hit by a piano out a window.

Just watching the Arite Lange interview..... Joey G "That season changed my life... it was so beautifully written"

I hope you get hit by a piano out a window.

Why did Gannascoli call Artie a miserable c-u-n-t on his twitter account? I did not listen to the whole interview but most of it it seemed fine.

He and Artie are tight. He's referring to the "Anthony Delasndro" character who keeps blasting him in the YouTube comments section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aEkTYWpYKU&feature=youtu.be&a

Seriously, Joe... who cares. Let it go. Nobody would even be aware of this if you weren't bring attention to it.

Been re-watching and I'm on "Johnnycakes" now. I forgot about the enormous continuity error with AJs hair length between him trying to sell the drums at the beginning to him on Tony's boat 5 minutes later.

So Tony B. allegedly has an IQ of 158.

Yet he tells Christufah that Tony Soprano used to be "the funnest guy ever." Does not compute.

Funnest is in the dictionary, but it's a very informal word and it's not grammatically correct. And he had trouble remembering everything on his masseuse test. I say the 158 score his mother claimed is BS.

Yet he tells Christufah that Tony Soprano used to be "the funnest guy ever." Does not compute.

Funnest is in the dictionary, but it's a very informal word and it's not grammatically correct. And he had trouble remembering everything on his masseuse test. I say the 158 score his mother claimed is BS.

Assuming you just caught the episodes in question???

Assuming you just caught the episodes in question???

Well yeah, but for the 90th or so time.

I'm fairly certain IQ does not necessarily correlate to vocabulary. Small children with limited vocabularies can test with high IQs.

Always loved this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8FXS9EzlaM

It shows that Tony could have a soft spot on occasion, especially in regards to Artie. What other guy in the world could get away with making that "shot-up pancreas" crack to him and not end up a corpse? Not many. But Tony knew that Artie was really hurting, let it go and gave him advice because he was legitimately looking out for him. Scenes like that are why Tony Soprano could be so likable.

Tony had a soft spot for a lot of people. I always find it puzzing when Chase speaks negatively of the audience rooting for Tony, when Tony was far from a purely evil person, and the majority of characters he opposed were worse than he was. To expect viewers to disregard everything that makes him likable and consider him a horrible person who deserves to be punished isn't at all realistic.

Chase comes off as disingenuous o me whenever he does it. Did anybody watch Tony curb stomp that guy who harrassed Meadow and think to themselves what a monster he is? He knew exactly what to do to make the audience root for Tony.

Many of Chase's comments about how viewers responded to Tony have struck me as odd. During all the controversy after the finale he kept saying people were upset because he denied them retribution for all of Tony's "sins," saying viewers wanted to see Tony lying in a pool of blood having gotten what he had coming to him. That's bull. Maybe some people wanted that but I think most were enthralled by the character and simply wanted an ending they believed matched up with the greatness of everything that preceded it. By being deliberately (by his own admission) ambiguous, Chase denied them that. THAT is what pissed people off. I know for me, I didn't care what the ending was as long as it was compelling in my eyes. I didn't need to see Tony get his just deserts (whatever that may have been) in order to feel satisfied. Chase kept saying people had blood lust in their eyes with regard to Tony and I don't think that was it at all. ,

So, my girlfriend has never seen this show. When Gandolfini went to sleep with the fishes, I suggested we fire it up on HBOGO. She never watched much of anything before, but loves all of the shows/movies I've suggested so far (Boardwalk, Justified, Miller's Crossing, etc.) Basically, I am enriching her life.

I haven't revisited this show since the first run. We made it to Pine Barrens last night, and she was losing it the entire time, as was I. So ridiculously funny. And then we went ahead and watched the season 3 finale, as well. When I saw Vito, it reminded me about the whole Johnny Cakes thing, and I started wondering if she would break up with me once we got there. Talk about a turd in the punchbowl.

Edited by Plorfu

More underrated character; Hesh or Livia?

Hesh was an underrated doosh. I just watched the episode with "Massive Genius".

Hesh made his fortune by attaching his name as a co-writer to hit songs that he in fact had not written a word. I agree with Massive's lawsuit. Too bad he did not prevail.

I've been re-watching the first two seasons. As great a drama as it was, this show was also really funny.

"All in all I'd say it was a pretty good visit."

Outstanding. :)

I'm on S1 E3....love this show....always forget how skinny TS was when the show started

So, my girlfriend has never seen this show. When Gandolfini went to sleep with the fishes, I suggested we fire it up on HBOGO. She never watched much of anything before, but loves all of the shows/movies I've suggested so far (Boardwalk, Justified, Miller's Crossing, etc.) Basically, I am enriching her life.

I haven't revisited this show since the first run. We made it to Pine Barrens last night, and she was losing it the entire time, as was I. So ridiculously funny. And then we went ahead and watched the season 3 finale, as well. When I saw Vito, it reminded me about the whole Johnny Cakes thing, and I started wondering if she would break up with me once we got there. Talk about a turd in the punchbowl.

Since I'm almost through with my re-watch (Little Vito just dropped the turd in the gym shower), I can say that Vito's storyline isn't nearly as bad in the marathon-viewing sessions most people do now. I think the first time around, you're waiting a week to see what happens, you know the show is nearly it's end, so to spend so much time on Vito felt much worse.

So did Tony really have $2,000 in his wallet when he was in the ambulance? That medic seemed honest. Was that just another way to make some money by scaring the guy?

I have jumped on the start from the beginning re-watch.

Funny seeing how young the kids are. Also the unintenional humor starts off in Se1 Ep1...

Carm - "Grounded? Meddow you can't go on the trip to Aspen"

AJ in the background - "Yes"