Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread

I'm not a Saprano watcher -- this was the first episode I've watched in years.

Having said that, I was surprised at how choppy the episode was. It kept bouncing around trying to wrap up a bunch of stuff and not really getting into anything.

From where you're coming from, you wouldnt' get it. Every moment of that shot had everybody thinking something was about/ to happen. Ultimately the show has always been a confrontation between those that thought that "nothing every really hapens in the Soranos" and those that argued that it was really most about family relationships. ...oh and those that thoght it was a Mob show.
I was sure they were all getting nabbed by the feds at the cold meeting.

Perfect ending. Chase ended it exactly they way he drived the entire series, without selling out and without predictability.

I loved the finale.

sorta what i expected from the finale.

all the people expecting a bloody shootout must not have been paying attention for the past few years. :confused:

I wasn't expecting bloodshed, just a solid finish to one of TV's great series.
just curious what you were hoping for from it? what ending woulda satisfied you? and for that matter anyone else?

serious question

I would have been perfectly happy with the exact same ending without the "hitmen."

Having said that, I was surprised at how choppy the episode was. It kept bouncing around trying to wrap up a bunch of stuff and not really getting into anything.

From where you're coming from, you wouldnt' get it. Every moment of that shot had everybody thinking something was about/ to happen. Ultimately the show has always been a confrontation between those that thought that "nothing every really hapens in the Soranos" and those that argued that it was really most about family relationships. ...oh and those that thoght it was a Mob show.
I meant the whole episode, not just the final scene. The final scene had a lot of drama and was very intense. But the rest of the episode was very choppy -- jumping all around, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing.

If the people who watch lets Twin Peaks or Lost or one of those dramas where if you don't open your mind for a minute you are lost watch this

I think we have some very intelligent viewers in the LOST threads (oh, and BGP) and if LOST ends like this, we'll all be in an uproar.The increasing tension of the bell ringing was good, but to leave the viewer with a "create your own ending" ending is inexcusable.

I meant the whole episode, not just the final scene. The final scene had a lot of drama and was very intense. But the rest of the episode was very choppy -- jumping all around, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing.
Exactly.

If the people who watch lets Twin Peaks or Lost or one of those dramas where if you don't open your mind for a minute you are lost watch this

I think we have some very intelligent viewers in the LOST threads (oh, and BGP) and if LOST ends like this, we'll all be in an uproar.The increasing tension of the bell ringing was good, but to leave the viewer with a "create your own ending" ending is inexcusable.
I thinkt the Lost writers have said everything is will be fully explained.

Any thoughts to why the fed told Tony where Phil was?

Tony gave him some info...perhaps the fed feels Tony is worth more alive to him than dead.sorry I f'd up Edited by ThisGuy

Haven't read one reply in here yet, but I'm guessing 95% of the people hated it.

Except the 5% like you that get it.Edie Falco has put on some great performances in the past, nothing from her this show.Meadow wants to be a lawyer to help the downtrodden Italians. She discovered her calling after all the times the FBI hauled her father out of his home and trampled on his rights. That would be fine and good if she didnt know who her dad is and what he does. For years, she has thrown back at him that she knows what his business is.AJ is one of the worst characters on TV. His failed suicide attempt was one of the big dissapointments of the season. Why so much with him this final episode?

"#### you, America. You're all wrapped up in stupid, petty, fictional bull#### like religion, terrorism, and parking your car (and The Sopranos). Also, you're all hypocrites." -David Chase

"No ####, David. Just wished you didn't ruin this great show's build-up to tell us something some of us already know." -Nipsey

Edited by Nipsey

as said by someone else. the whole series was chase messing with the audience. the ending was the same. he used the whole episode to mess with our heads. good job. that was the most unexpected ending!

not to mention, if he changes is mind and wishes to make a movie or new season, he can do so.

I'm trying to think of what people wanted to see at the end? Tony get popped? By whom? Why? Doesn't make sense. He solved his Phil problem, both of his families are safe, show is over.What was everybody expecting there.

:confused:One of Phil's guys would have been the only one to kill him, and now that Phil is dead; we don't have to worry about that.We learned that Tony was likely going to be indicted on a gun charge. Prolly gonna be in jail for the rest of his life. That woulda been a ####ty ending to. But it's realistic.Capone went down on tax evasion. Same kinda deal Edited by Tiger Fan

I'm trying to think of what people wanted to see at the end? Tony get popped? By whom? Why? Doesn't make sense. He solved his Phil problem, both of his families are safe, show is over.What was everybody expecting there.

i think a slaughter, actually

as said by someone else. the whole series was chase messing with the audience. the ending was the same. he used the whole episode to mess with our heads. good job. that was the most unexpected ending!

The "it's not really an ending" ending has actually become a cliche. It's like "the killer isn't really dead" at the end of a horror film. It was original when "Halloween" did it. Now? Not so much.

What the hell are you talking about? Go re-watch the first two seasons. There was no messing with the audience

Why did Janice say to Uncle Junior "I'm your daughter"?

:confused:
I'll have to rewatch it but I dont think Janice said "Im your daughter." Junior never had kids, seems a strange thing to say. Junior called her Livia and I think she said, "I'm HER daughter."

Haven't read one reply in here yet, but I'm guessing 95% of the people hated it.

Meadow wants to be a lawyer to help the downtrodden Italians. She discovered her calling after all the times the FBI hauled her father out of his home and trampled on his rights. That would be fine and good if she didnt know who her dad is and what he does. For years, she has thrown back at him that she knows what his business is.
The whole exchange was a joke. It would have been a great scene if Tony would have told Meadow to go save some sick babies instead of guys like him.

:confused:One of Phil's guys would have been the only one to kill him, and now that Phil is dead; we don't have to worry about that.We learned that Tony was likely going to be indicted on a gun charge. Prolly gonna be in jail for the rest of his life. That woulda been a ####ty ending to. But it's realistic.Gotti went down on tax evasion. Same kinda deal
Gotti went down on murder. Capone was tax evasion.Whole last episode sucked.

What the hell are you talking about? Go re-watch the first two seasons. There was no messing with the audience
wasn't it originally slated to only go 3 seasons?

:confused:One of Phil's guys would have been the only one to kill him, and now that Phil is dead; we don't have to worry about that.We learned that Tony was likely going to be indicted on a gun charge. Prolly gonna be in jail for the rest of his life. That woulda been a ####ty ending to. But it's realistic.Gotti went down on tax evasion. Same kinda deal
Gotti went down on murder. Capone was tax evasion.Whole last episode sucked.
My bad

"#### you, America. You're all wrapped up in stupid, petty, fictional bull#### (The Sopranos) like religion, terrorism, and parking your car. Also, you're all hypocrites." -David ChaseNo ####, David. Just wished you didn't ruin this great show's (The Sopranos) build-up to tell us something some of us already know." -Nipsey

Nipsey is my new hero. :confused:

In the final scene Chase made it a point to focus on all of the familes enjoying each other's company. He also made it a point to focus on the 2 guys in the restaurant that were by themselves (thinking they might be killers)...but really the guys were lonely and kept looking at the familes having a good time. The show is called "The Sopranos" for a reason, in the end....Tony realized his real family was more important than his mafia family.......after all, the thing that made him finally go to Jr. was to make sure Bobby's kids were taken care of.That's my take

wow :confused:

Meadow wants to be a lawyer to help the downtrodden Italians. She discovered her calling after all the times the FBI hauled her father out of his home and trampled on his rights. That would be fine and good if she didnt know who her dad is and what he does. For years, she has thrown back at him that she knows what his business is.
The whole exchange was a joke. It would have been a great scene if Tony would have told Meadow to go save some sick babies instead of guys like him.
No, I think it says something about the extent to which people will go to rationalize/justify their own behavior, or the behavior of those close to them. Meadow knows deep down that her father is a criminal, but doesn't want to deal with it.

Now it's very clear that The Sopranos isn't over.

you say that like it's a bad thing
yes, I do. When I expected an ending.
You got an ending. Phil's dead.

WTF is wrong with you people? Are we watching the same show?

I don't care about the NY family. I wanted a resolution to The Sopranos

I didn't get it.

Can the show do no wrong with you?

What the hell. :goodposting:

I'd read that cut to black as being Tony's instantaneous departure. He was shot by the guy coming back from the John. Without Tony there is no show so upon his death we end.
This is what I thought :confused: The show was about Tony, and I guess we all ended like him... HOW IN THE F ARE YOU GOING TO END THE LAST EPISODE WITH TONY HOLDING THE BADDEST GUN THAT HAS EVER BEEN ON THE SHOW, AND NOT LET US SEE HIM USE IT!!!!!! :hot::rant::hot::rant::thumbdown::thumbdown: (Capella was right) ;)
Tried to tell ya. ;)

In the final scene Chase made it a point to focus on all of the familes enjoying each other's company. He also made it a point to focus on the 2 guys in the restaurant that were by themselves (thinking they might be killers)...but really the guys were lonely and kept looking at the familes having a good time. The show is called "The Sopranos" for a reason, in the end....Tony realized his real family was more important than his mafia family.......after all, the thing that made him finally go to Jr. was to make sure Bobby's kids were taken care of.That's my take

wow :goodposting:
:thumbdown:

Now it's very clear that The Sopranos isn't over.

you say that like it's a bad thing
yes, I do. When I expected an ending.
You got an ending. Phil's dead.

WTF is wrong with you people? Are we watching the same show?

I don't care about the NY family. I wanted a resolution to The Sopranos

I didn't get it.

Can the show do no wrong with you?

You got a resolution. His family is safe. Why would it be more of a resolution if everybody died? Makes no sense. How many times has a season ended with Tony and his family? 1, 2, 3, 6 and now 7.

And yes, I thought the middle 15 minutes was boring. The last 20 minutes ruled though.

I wanted Tony to wipe out the whole crew with the automatic rifle, and then become the head boss. I was expecting to be dissapointed, and that's what I got.If Chase was going for the "no end" to keep people talking he accomplised that.