What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jorts: Reloaded (2 Viewers)

Just built a picnic table from scratch with my bare hands caulked some trim boards so the wife could paint and went to the gym to work out all while wearing a pair of what you people call jorts. What have you manly non jort wearers done this memorial day?
Mullet up, or down? Just curious.As for me, I just crocheted some socks for my son, put together a nice flower arrangement for the wife for when she gets home from a long day at the spa, and had sex with men.

Congrats on the table and... ahem... caulk.
Neither, military style

Just built a picnic table from scratch with my bare hands
Yea, picnic tables, with all that complex joinery and exotic species of hardwoods.It's a picnic table. Settle down. My 11 year old cousin can use a chop saw and screw boards together. Oh, and my cousin is a girl.
See thats where your wrong, us jort wearing men use air nailers. The one I've got would knock your 11 year old neice on her ###.

Yea, picnic tables, with all that complex joinery and exotic species of hardwoods.It's a picnic table. Settle down. My 11 year old cousin can use a chop saw and screw boards together. Oh, and my cousin is a girl.
See thats where your wrong, us jort wearing men use air nailers. The one I've got would knock your 11 year old neice on her ###.
Good luck when your picnic table falls apart in 2 years.

Good luck when your picnic table falls apart in 2 years.
Wrong my friend apparently your not the carpenter type. Ring shank nails will provide you with all the holding power you need. The only thing taking this table out is a wrecking ball.

So I spent the day out and about the city- warm and sunny... Lots of shorts of different types, but I saw only three pairs of jorts all day. Two on 7ish yo white boys, and one on a borderline obese hispanic... guy? Coulda been a very butch woman. Whoever it was, they didn't have their caulk gun handy.

Mrs. Osaurus and I were doing some shopping at JC Penny today for some sheets and I happen to come across a rather disturbing set of tables with a cornucopia of jorts. While I did not see anyone wearing said jorts, I was horrified none the less. Check out these pics at your own risk.

:goodposting:

Jorts 1

Jorts 2

Jorts 3

Jorts 4

Jorts 5

I especially like the white jorts and the last pair that come with a free belt. Very stylish.

:football:

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused: Nails.

Just built a picnic table from scratch with my bare hands caulked some trim boards so the wife could paint and went to the gym to work out all while wearing a pair of what you people call jorts. What have you manly non jort wearers done this memorial day?
Were they cut-offs or did you actually buy them that way?
with torn holes where the back pockets were....

I am still having jorts flashbacks from yesterday......uuhhhhh

Im sure this has been covered, but forgive me for not reading through the 7 pages but....

If you can't wear Jorts, you can't wear cargo shorts, athletic shorts seem to also be frowned upon, what exactly are you guys wearing?

Mrs. Osaurus and I were doing some shopping at JC Penny today for some sheets and I happen to come across a rather disturbing set of tables with a cornucopia of jorts. While I did not see anyone wearing said jorts, I was horrified none the less. Check out these pics at your own risk.

:(

Jorts 1

Jorts 2

Jorts 3

Jorts 4

Jorts 5

I especially like the white jorts and the last pair that come with a free belt. Very stylish.

:thumbdown:
nothing wrong with some of those, I dont wear them but they are still a popular style

:(

Jorts 1

Jorts 2

Jorts 3

Jorts 4

Jorts 5

:thumbdown:
nothing wrong with some of those, I dont wear them but they are still a popular style
There is plenty wrong with all of those.

:hot:

Jorts 1

Jorts 2

Jorts 3

Jorts 4

Jorts 5

:yucky:
Great work! :goodposting:

Nigel Tufnel said:
Osaurus said:

:ptts:

Jorts 1

Jorts 2

Jorts 3

Jorts 4

Jorts 5

:X
Great work! :thumbdown:
Those jorts are more commonly worn by african-americans and hispanics, from what I've seen.

Nigel Tufnel said:
Osaurus said:

:ptts:

Jorts 1

Jorts 2

Jorts 3

Jorts 4

Jorts 5

:X
Great work! :thumbdown:
Those jorts are more commonly worn by african-americans and hispanics, from what I've seen.
They're still terrible.

Two Deep said:
OC Zed said:
Two Deep said:
Were they cut-offs or did you actually buy them that way?
Bought em, carpenter short version.
:confused: @ carpenter jorts

Osaurus said:

:unsure:

Jorts 1

Jorts 2

Jorts 3

Jorts 4

Jorts 5

:yucky:
What is that symbol on 4? It's like a key or something... The only thing worse than wearing jorts, is if the jorts have a big medieval key patch sewed on them. And what is with the canvas belts? Does anyone wear those? With or without jorts? :popcorn:

Frank Fontaine said:
If you can't wear Jorts, you can't wear cargo shorts, athletic shorts seem to also be frowned upon, what exactly are you guys wearing?
More often than not it's best to just avoid shorts...do a lightweight pant instead. The extra 16" on your shins won't kill you.If need to wear shorts.....Khaki cargo shorts with streamlined side pockets (not big, bulging baggy pockets), mid-knee length are acceptable.Switch up the colors for variety...dark tan, light tan and grey.Not much to choose from really, but it is what it is. Summer sucks for guy attire.

Frank Fontaine said:
More often than not it's best to just avoid shorts...do a lightweight pant instead. The extra 16" on your shins won't kill you.If need to wear shorts.....Khaki cargo shorts with streamlined side pockets (not big, bulging baggy pockets), mid-knee length are acceptable.Switch up the colors for variety...dark tan, light tan and grey.Not much to choose from really, but it is what it is. Summer sucks for guy attire.
Thank you Calvin Klein

Frank Fontaine said:
Thank you Calvin Klein
Calvin Klein hasn't been hip in 10 years.You have lots of catching up to do.Start with tossing the carpenter jorts in the trash.

Frank Fontaine said:
More often than not it's best to just avoid shorts...do a lightweight pant instead. The extra 16" on your shins won't kill you.If need to wear shorts.....Khaki cargo shorts with streamlined side pockets (not big, bulging baggy pockets), mid-knee length are acceptable.

Switch up the colors for variety...dark tan, light tan and grey.

Not much to choose from really, but it is what it is. Summer sucks for guy attire.
:tinfoilhat:

Two Deep said:
You cannot be serious. If people are older (married, etc.) then they can pretty much wear whatever they want in my eyes. But if you go to the gym and work out in jorts, khaki shorts, or pretty much anything besides athletic shorts, then you are beyond help.And as for what's "in." Khaki shorts without cargo pockets that hit right at the knee (think the kind that your dad or grandad might wear on the golf course they look decent with Sperry's) are either already in or coming back depending on where you live.

Frank Fontaine said:
More often than not it's best to just avoid shorts...do a lightweight pant instead. The extra 16" on your shins won't kill you.If need to wear shorts.....Khaki cargo shorts with streamlined side pockets (not big, bulging baggy pockets), mid-knee length are acceptable.

Not much to choose from really, but it is what it is. Summer sucks for guy attire.
:mellow: I wear shorts all year round.Khaki/tan cargos and the tee de jour or polo shirt is my standard casual wear.

Frank Fontaine said:

:shrug:
:confused: unreal :lmao:

Two Deep said:
You cannot be serious. If people are older (married, etc.) then they can pretty much wear whatever they want in my eyes. But if you go to the gym and work out in jorts, khaki shorts, or pretty much anything besides athletic shorts, then you are beyond help.And as for what's "in." Khaki shorts without cargo pockets that hit right at the knee (think the kind that your dad or grandad might wear on the golf course they look decent with Sperry's) are either already in or coming back depending on where you live.
I usually wear athletic shorts to the gym. In this case the gym was closing early for memorial day and I stopped in on the way home from the lumber yard. Why am I explaining this to you all? I'm 45 years old and I can do whaterver the #### I want.

Two Deep said:
I usually wear athletic shorts to the gym. In this case the gym was closing early for memorial day and I stopped in on the way home from the lumber yard. Why am I explaining this to you all? I'm 45 years old and I can do whaterver the #### I want.
Can we get a pic of these jorts? Seriously.

Two Deep said:
Here ya go..http://web.ivenue.com/bellsalesco/images/Dcs13.jpg

Two Deep said:
"Oof."

Two Deep said:
"Oof."
Seconded.

Frank Fontaine said:
Im sure this has been covered, but forgive me for not reading through the 7 pages but....If you can't wear Jorts, you can't wear cargo shorts, athletic shorts seem to also be frowned upon, what exactly are you guys wearing?
100% polyester coaches shorts.

Two Deep said:
To the gym??? :shrug: Really? :hey: :lmao:

Not to throw this thread into a tailspin but I was at the beach this past weekend and saw 3 guys wearing bananahammocks. :no:

Needless to say I threw up in my mouth a little bit. :thumbdown:

Not to throw this thread into a tailspin but I was at the beach this past weekend and saw 3 guys wearing bananahammocks. :blackdot: Needless to say I threw up in my mouth a little bit. :X
People really do wear these? :lmao: ight need to find a new beach :lmao:
From what I could tell, they were foreigners and were together. Didn't understand what language they spoke either.Try explaining why those "hairy men are wearing no clothes" to a 4 yo. My daughter was extremely creeped out. And we won't be going back to that beach.

And as for what's "in." Khaki shorts without cargo pockets that hit right at the knee (think the kind that your dad or grandad might wear on the golf course they look decent with Sperry's) are either already in or coming back depending on where you live.
X
I don't make the trends, but college aged people have already jumped on it. 20 and 30 somethings will be soon to follow.
Unfortunately, he's not lying. These are all the rage on the insanely preppy SMU campus.

Holy. Crap.

And as for what's "in." Khaki shorts without cargo pockets that hit right at the knee (think the kind that your dad or grandad might wear on the golf course they look decent with Sperry's) are either already in or coming back depending on where you live.
X
I don't make the trends, but college aged people have already jumped on it. 20 and 30 somethings will be soon to follow.
I'm college aged and live in a college town, everyone is still wearing cargo khakis unless they are gay or over 40

X
Unfortunately, he's not lying. These are all the rage on the insanely preppy SMU campus.
I'm keeping my eye on this look.

Are you guys kidding me? The only men I know that wear jean shorts are gay. I don't mean derogatory gay, I mean, the "gee, I like to kiss men" gay.

If you wear jorts and you're a guy, you probably have a stud on your tongue too.

And you might even have your tongue pierced.

Now, jean shorts on women? Very nice. :goodposting:

X
:excited:
I'm keeping my eye on this look.
I definitely should have mentioned it's mainly for the preppy crowd right now.It will soon get to everybody (I'm sure it has out West and in bigger cities), but for now it's usually the Sperry and Ralph Lauren Polo wearing crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread