What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (4 Viewers)

Just rewatched for first time.  Almost better the second time.  Actually, was better. Might be my favourite show of all time.  

Rewatching sopranos now.  Can't believe it has been more than a decade.   Edge to mad men  right now though...

I'm going to rewatch Mad Men starting this weekend. What a great show.
I just started watching Mad Men for the first time over the weekend. 

This show has more racks than an Arizona Ron thread. Unfortunately they are mostly covered up by 1960's Amish sweaters, but still lots of eye candy. 

I was hooked somewhere in the first 5 minutes of the pilot, looking forward to this glorious ride.

The only downside is I'm drinking bourbon every night and started smoking again. 

Six episodes in, ranking:

1. January Jones

2. Hendricks McGee

3. Peggy

4. Billions chick

5. Single Mom neighbor

6. Little Annie Edison 

7. Artsy mistress

Finished the series last night thanks to Netflix. Really sorry I did not get into this show while it was airing. I think I missed out on some fantastic conversations. 

I'm mid way through season 2 and so far it has been a solid start. Last night's episode (s2e5 The New Girl) took things to another level. (Don gets in a wreck episode)

Bobbi peeling off another layer of Don, does he really like the beach and bridges and movies or his he really just a sociopath who plays the part when needed. "I don't feel a thing"

Peggy being Don's Mr Wolf, the one he can count on to clean up his disasters and act like it never happened.

Speaking of never happened, the flashback to the crazy house and Don snapping Peggy out of her guilt and shame and fear. Telling her it is okay to #### up, just keep looking forward. That was a Heisenberg-esque scene right there.

Bobbi and Peggy going back and forth in the "fat camp" scenes. Bobbi moving from jealousy to suspicion to respect to mentoring Peggy. I have a feeling Peggy is going to wreck shop at the agency going forward.

The editing, especially the cut from Pete going to jerk it at the fertility clinic to Roger playing with the paddle ball by his crotch as Joan walks in. :lmao:  

Jimmy in the final office scene: "This guy, I can't tell if he is smug or not" :lmao:   :lmao:  

This episode was jam packed from start to finish with great dialogue, backstory, character development, pacing. Perfection.

Oh, and that new secretary....  :wub:

You think Elisabeh Moss is better looking than Alison Brie and Maggie Siff?  
Through the first half of season one. And yeah that is being a little generous to Peggy but I dig that blue eyed innocent on the outside dirty on the inside vibe. After I made that post she started wearing the fat suit for rest of the season.  :X

Through two and a half seasons I would rank them (based on their screen looks, not real life looks):

1. Don's new secretary Jane

2. January Jones

3. Christina Hendricks

4. Alison Brie

Dignan_ said:
I'm mid way through season 2 and so far it has been a solid start. Last night's episode (s2e5 The New Girl) took things to another level. (Don gets in a wreck episode)

Bobbi peeling off another layer of Don, does he really like the beach and bridges and movies or his he really just a sociopath who plays the part when needed. "I don't feel a thing"

Peggy being Don's Mr Wolf, the one he can count on to clean up his disasters and act like it never happened.

Speaking of never happened, the flashback to the crazy house and Don snapping Peggy out of her guilt and shame and fear. Telling her it is okay to #### up, just keep looking forward. That was a Heisenberg-esque scene right there.

Bobbi and Peggy going back and forth in the "fat camp" scenes. Bobbi moving from jealousy to suspicion to respect to mentoring Peggy. I have a feeling Peggy is going to wreck shop at the agency going forward.

The editing, especially the cut from Pete going to jerk it at the fertility clinic to Roger playing with the paddle ball by his crotch as Joan walks in. :lmao:  

Jimmy in the final office scene: "This guy, I can't tell if he is smug or not" :lmao:   :lmao:  

This episode was jam packed from start to finish with great dialogue, backstory, character development, pacing. Perfection.

Oh, and that new secretary....  :wub:

The seasons kind of run together for me, but I think season 2 might be slowest/weakest of them. It picks up later on, but I actually remember it being a slog for parts of it. 

Yeah, that's crazy talk. Olsen is woof material even at her best / she's not even attractive for non-Hollywood standards. 

My my favorite in the entire series is probably the school teacher... and Meredith of course. 
The school teacher (Abigail Spencer) had some nice vids compromised during the fappening, if you haven't already seen them. 

Dignan_ said:
Through the first half of season one. And yeah that is being a little generous to Peggy but I dig that blue eyed innocent on the outside dirty on the inside vibe. After I made that post she started wearing the fat suit for rest of the season.  :X

Through two and a half seasons I would rank them (based on their screen looks, not real life looks):

1. Don's new secretary Jane

2. January Jones

3. Christina Hendricks

4. Alison Brie
Joy > Brie > the rest

Apparently there are some photos of Allison Brie (Trudy Campbell) that have been leaked.  A thing like that.

Do your own research, pervs.

Just finished binge watching this show after never seeing an episode - awesome show!  Second only to Breaking Bad for me.

I haven't read any of the thread, so I'm guessing I'm in the minority when I say that Sally and Peggy were two of my favorite characters.  Obviously Don was the main character and at times you wanted to be him - successful, drowning in #####, etc.  But at other times you were reminded just what a con-man scumbag he was.  The scene where you find out how he became Don was amazing - first time in combat, pisses himself, kills his CO accidentally, and then is able to come home.   Amazing writing.  Amazing writing is the underlying theme throughout the show for me.

Peggy was great because she had such a focus to succeed (and did) given all the obstacles a woman faced in the 60s.  She was driven and I really liked that.  I was really hoping she accepted the offer to become a partner with Joan but I get why they switched her story line to falling in love.

Sally was a rock - the character of the character shined through in the end.  Perhaps her story simply hit too close to home as to oldest child thrust into adult hood by fate and the decisions of the "adults" supposedly in charge  (nobody died in my situation, otherwise yeah).  At times in the last season she still acted like a kid (the reaction to Glenn enlisting) but she grew up due to the circumstance presented to her.  Telling Don her brothers were better off with Betty's brother was awesome!

Anyway, loved the show!

Just finished binge watching this show after never seeing an episode - awesome show!  Second only to Breaking Bad for me.
When these two shows were both still airing, my favorite show alternated depending on which was I was watching.  Both amazing. Name another show on so many short lists of all-time greats that did not depend on violence at all throughout it's entire run.  None that I can think of that aren't sitcoms/ comedies.

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Wire, GoT.  Best shows ever. 

When these two shows were both still airing, my favorite show alternated depending on which was I was watching.  Both amazing. Name another show on so many short lists of all-time greats that did not depend on violence at all throughout it's entire run.  None that I can think of that aren't sitcoms/ comedies.

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Wire, GoT.  Best shows ever. 
Says you!

Good call, I concede.  Forgot about the Layne/ Pete throwdown.  There was also the incident with the lawnmower.

Just rewatched this in binge mode for the last 2-3 weeks...so glad I did.

Having the character development and references between seasons fresh in your mind added a dimension to this show that I’m not sure I’ve experience in watching any other show in binge mode - including Breaking Bad.  Was genuinely sad to say goodbye to the show once more.

Just rewatched this in binge mode for the last 2-3 weeks...so glad I did.

Having the character development and references between seasons fresh in your mind added a dimension to this show that I’m not sure I’ve experience in watching any other show in binge mode - including Breaking Bad.  Was genuinely sad to say goodbye to the show once more.
A thing like that.

Doing a rewatch and forcing my wife to watch.  Closing in on the end of season 3 and really don is totally insane.  He is driving around in the middle of the night stalking the teacher, picking up hitchhikers  and taking phenobarbital from them while driving, not to mention getting in the random car with those vagabonds.

really every man on this show is a creepy weirdo baby man.

i still love it for sure.  Maybe I used to me more sick and depressed and didn’t care about it at all then.

Doing a rewatch and forcing my wife to watch.  Closing in on the end of season 3 and really don is totally insane.  He is driving around in the middle of the night stalking the teacher, picking up hitchhikers  and taking phenobarbital from them while driving, not to mention getting in the random car with those vagabonds.

i still love it for sure.  Maybe I used to me more sick and depressed and didn’t care about it at all then.
existentialism at its very best. the wonderful thing about writing comedy or copy is that knowing everything suddenly matters and has a use. and it just frikkin caves you in, maaaan. manbaby is the word - i'm a Bob's Big Boy statue making fun of everybody's hair. dongitnobettah

Season Three has always been my favorite. Conrad Hilton was everything that Don aspired to: unreal wealth, fame, prestige, power and prestige. And yet he was a miserable soul-sick old man.

Don had lived his life with the belief that accumulating those things would make him happy, and fill the deep emptiness inside of him. When he saw up-close that they did not, it knocked his equilibrium off, and he fell into a tailspin.  

wtf

Users who are viewing this thread