What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official OHIO STATE-MICHIGAN Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Not the wagering thread, I know.... but how do you guys feel about tacking on seven points for Michigan in a teaser, getting them +11 at home? The other option is getting tOSU +3, but I rarely cross zero in a teaser. Thoughts?
Mich +11 sounds pretty good. Generally, OSU/Mich games are pretty close.

Not the wagering thread, I know.... but how do you guys feel about tacking on seven points for Michigan in a teaser, getting them +11 at home? The other option is getting tOSU +3, but I rarely cross zero in a teaser. Thoughts?
What is the rationale in not crossing zero in a teaser?

Mich +11 sounds pretty good. Generally, OSU/Mich games are pretty close.
I recall seeing a blurb in the paper this morning that all of TOSU's recent wins have been by less than seven points.

It's widely known that crossing the main scoring points in teasers provides the best odds. Crossing 0, 3, 7 are the statistically best way to make money on teasers.For doing two team 6.5 point teasers (parlayed), there has been some math done by the people of the gambling twoplustwo forums.

The math states that at -110 both teams must cover the spread and win your bet at 72.4% to to a breakeven wager. From 1990-2000, teams covered at a 76.1% rate, meaning that in the long run by betting these teasers, you make 3.7% ROI on total wagers. Assuming you wagered $1 million over those ten years (not as hard as it sounds) and you would have made $37,000.
HTHI Go to OSU and I will be pregaming at 6 AM! GO BUCKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could remember what they were, but yesterday I heard some stats that would have made it real tough for me to bet against Michigan tomorrow. They were 38-5 in one situation and there was second stat that stood out.

tOSU fan

Tough call but the game is almost always close. Would lean towards Michigan +11.ETA...Results the past 10 years (ones in bold were in Ann Arbor):

2006 - OSU by 3

2005 - OSU by 4

2005 - OSU by 16

2003 - MI by 14

2002 - OSU by 5

2001 - OSU by 6

2000 - MI by 12

1999 - MI by 7

1998 - OSU by 15

1997 - MI by 6

The past 5 games in Ann Arbor, OSU has never won by more than 6 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how many OSU fans are going to show up in the predictable and unoriginal ASU jerseys tomorrow?? What percentage?? 50-60%??

It's widely known that crossing the main scoring points in teasers provides the best odds. Crossing 0, 3, 7 are the statistically best way to make money on teasers.For doing two team 6.5 point teasers (parlayed), there has been some math done by the people of the gambling twoplustwo forums.

The math states that at -110 both teams must cover the spread and win your bet at 72.4% to to a breakeven wager. From 1990-2000, teams covered at a 76.1% rate, meaning that in the long run by betting these teasers, you make 3.7% ROI on total wagers. Assuming you wagered $1 million over those ten years (not as hard as it sounds) and you would have made $37,000.
HTHI Go to OSU and I will be pregaming at 6 AM! GO BUCKS!
Thanks. 5 star rating granted

That was Saturday November 22, 1969, The day Ohio came to bury Michigan, all wrapped in maize and blue, The words were said, the prayers were read and everybody cried, But when they closed the coffin, there was someone else inside. Oh the Buckeyes came to bury the Wolverines, but Michigan wasn’t dead. And when the game was over, it was someone else instead! 22 Michigan Wolverines put on the gloves of grey, and as Revelli played ‘The Victors’ buried Woody Hayes away!”
:excited:

I hereby swear to my FBG brethren that I will not be a ##### to my family and be angry if somehow John Cooper gets channeled tomorrow and my Bucks lose. :popcorn:

Ohio State is better on paper but the -3.0 after how bad Michigan got whooped last week smells upset.

Going to be freezing my ### off at the game watching Michigan roll Ohio State.

Heard an interesting scenario on ESPN radio this afternoon that would leave everyone with 2 losses.

Even if one teams ends up with one loss, there will be a mess sorting out all the 2 loss teams.

Hopefully OSU is the one loss team.

Amazing to suddenly realistically be back in NC contention again. :unsure:

BTW, I think OSU wins tomorrow, but it's not far fetched at all to envision Michigan winning this game at home for Carr.

One day in an elementary school in Ann Arbor Michigan, a teacher asks her class if the Michigan Wolverines are their favorite football team. The whole class says yes except for Little Jimmy.

The teacher asks, "What's your favorite football team Jimmy?"

Little Jimmy says, "The Ohio State Buckeyes."

The teacher asks, "Well, why is that?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, my dad is a Buckeye fan, my mom is a Buckeye fan, I guess that makes me a Buckeye fan."

The teacher angered by his reply says, "If your dad was a moron and your mom was an idiot what would that make you?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, I guess that would make me a Michigan fan."

:unsure:

Where are you Michigan people watching the game?
I will be watching the game from my seat in the Big House. Go Blue! I've been to a lot of Michigan games in my life but never been to a Michigan v Ohio State game yet, so this will be fun. It should be a hard fought game that will come down to the last possession.

This is why I don't understand the lack of confidence in OSU fans...last year was a MUCH different tone than this. I agree with this assessment ESPECIALLY if Mallet is on the field for a long period of time.
Confidence was a lot higher last year but last year was an exceptional team, OSU was #1 wire to wire. Yet as good as OSU was last year, OSU/Mich was still a dogfight of a game.

OSU / Michigan is virtually a lock to be a tough close game, I expect the same tomorrow.

It's at Michigan and Michigan will play with lots of emotion over Carr's expected retirement. Plus the seniors don't want the stigma of never having beaten OSU.

OSU should win but it won't be easy and a couple mistakes could turn the game.

That's not lack of confidence - just being realistic.

I have missed one Michigan/Ohio State game in 24 years and that one I listened to on the radio. It was the Tim Biakabatuka game.

When I was a huge Michigan fan I would get sick before this game. Best one for me was the 1989 game which I was in the stands for. Bo's last game at Michigan.

Users who are viewing this thread