What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FIX Leagues Playoff Winners Posted (1 Viewer)

Family Matters

Footballguy
The FIX Leagues were formed last year and comprise of some of the best owners from FBG's. With 1 week remaining, the playoff picture is coming into focus. Links attached for your viewing pleasure:

FIX Dynasty: http://football34.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/43585

In our both leagues the playoff qualifiers are as follows:

3 division winners.

1 remaining team with best record.

1 highest scoring team remaining.

1 highest remaining Victory Points leader.

Teams are then seeded based on points scored. Seeds 1 and 2 get a bye for the first round of the playoffs.

Here are the seeds from the winner's bracket of the Dynasty League if the season ended today. We have 1 more week:

1. David Yudkin: 10-2, 2120.45 points, 39VP. (Div Champ)

2. Family Matters: 7-5, 2033.25 points, 34VP. (Best record qualifier) 2006 champ

3. Twilight: 6-6, 1909.50 points, 28VP. (Points qualifier)

4. ffweasel: 6-6, 1904.80 points, 24VP. (VP qualifier)

5. Capt. Hook: 8-4, 1893.00 points, 28VP. (Div Champ)

6. ConstuxBoy: 7-5, 1892.05 points, 27VP. (Div Champ)

Here are the seeds from the loser's bracket:

1. Pimp'in Ain't Easy: 5-7, 1876.40 and 24VP.

2. MOP: 6-6, 1866.60 and 22VP.

3. Team Legacy: 4-8, 1754.55, and 18VP.

4. Team Ravnzfan: 5-7, 1741.70, and 21VP.

5. Radballs: 5-7, 1685.90, and 15VP.

6. DuckBoy: 3-9, 1572.65, and 8VP.

As you can see, the standings can change quite a bit in 1 week with seeds 3-6. Seeds 1 and 2 are pretty well set and not likely changing. In fact, PAE and MOP could climb from the loser's bracket to the winner's bracket if things work out.

Here are the seeds from the winner's bracket of the Redraft League if the season ended today. We have 1 more week:

1. Family Matters: 11-1, 2170.20 and 40VP. (Div. Champ)

2. MOP: 8-4, 1953.45 and 30VP. (Points qualifier)

3. Yudkin: 7-5, 1952.75 and 27VP. (Div. Champ)

4. Team Legacy: 6-6, 1881.85 and 24VP. (Best record qualifier) 2006 champ

5. ConstruxBoy: 6-6, 1925.90 and 25VP. (VP qualifier)

6. Radballs: 8-4, 1893.90 and 32VP. (Div Champ)

Here are the seeds from the loser's bracket:

1. DuckBoy: 3-9, 1943.35 and 17VP.

2. Capt. Hook: 4-8, 1868.55 and 18VP.

3. Pimp'in Ain't Easy: 5-7, 1867.75 and 20VP.

4. ffweasel: 6-6, 1856.95 and 24VP.

5. Twilight: 4-8, 1774.80 and 17VP.

6. Team Ravnzfan: 4-8, 1588.30 and 14VP.

This is a little closer from bracket to bracket. The only seeds that are safe is #1 in the winner's bracket and #6 in the loser's. From there , 10 teams could change seeds. This has been a very close league all year. This promises to be a great finish! Will Team Legacy be able to defend his crown?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some observations:

In our dynasty league, Yudkin is the run away leader and favorite to win it all. He should unseat the defnding champion (Family Matters). In fact, his strategy during our inagural draft last year was to corner the market on TE's. It really paid off for him. He was the #2 seed in last year's playoffs and will be the #1 this year. I commend him for his strategy. You see we allow 2 PPR for TE's and you can play 2 of them. He has the #3 and 4 scoring TE's in the league this year and that helped him overcome a lack of RB depth.

Also, I want to make note that 3 owners were able to qualify for the playoffs in both leagues:

Yudkin

ConstruxBoy

Family Matters

That gives you an idea how competetive these leagues are.

Personally, I think I'm in trouble. With injuries to every RB I have, and some lost for the season, I might not last long. My RB's have been wiped out in both leagues:

LJ, Holmes, Brown, Alexander and Westbrook for a game. In an effort to save my season in dynasty, I traded Big Ben for E. Graham and Driver. Then Bulger gets hurt again leaving me with Romo as my only option. Yikes!

Team Legacy is our defending champ for Redraft and he again is among the better teams this year. Can he repeat?

Hey FM, I was just going over this same thing in Dynasty (I sucked too much to bother in Redraft :kicksrock: )

The written rules has best remaining record as one of the 3 playoff determinants. Doesn't change the participants right now, although you do have it wrong on why they are in. Construx is Div Champ. You'd be best record qualifier.

Hey FM, I was just going over this same thing in Dynasty (I sucked too much to bother in Redraft ;) )The written rules has best remaining record as one of the 3 playoff determinants. Doesn't change the participants right now, although you do have it wrong on why they are in. Construx is Div Champ. You'd be best record qualifier.
Good catch. I missed the best remaining overall record qualifier. It changed in the Redraft. Now I have Team Legacy in the winner's bracket and DuckBoy in the loser's. I will correct that. Of course this could all change next week. And I fixed the Div Champ note as well.

Dynasty: I suck :bag:

Redraft: Wouldn't MOP qualify as best record outside division champ, then myself as best points remaining, then ConstruxBoy with VPs?

Sucks to have nearly the same pts as MOP and be 3-9 vs 8-4, but that's why they play the games :hifive:

Hands down the most fun and bang for the buck I have had in years. I think there is definitely going to be a Fix 2 league. Was 2-6 in dynasty and have come roaring back...wass able to move Driver and Graham for Big Ben which I think paired with Leinart and Matt Schaub moving forward will help me.

I need DeAngelo to eventually start somewhere or I am never going to get over the hump in that league.

ReDraft...we all knew I was going to be strong in that league :D ...that is one I actually assembled, the dynasty was a takeover. I find it interesting that Yudkin dominated the dynasty because of the "TE theory", however my trio at RB has been solid for most of the season in the redraft and I was pretty weak in a lot of other positions but the 60 a week I pour in from Reggie Bush, McGahee and Portis has been solid. I also now have Adrian Peterson for the rest of the season so I should be pretty solid.

The point of the TE vs RB theory is that the rules allow many different strategies to do well and the football IQ of everyone in those leagues is pretty off the charts, tons of fun to compete...and FM deserves at least a little love for having zero problems so the rules seem to work well too.

First, I agree with others that the league is a blast - yes as a low maintenance, low dollar league, it's not the priority for this group - the real action comes in the rookie draft and in trades to get ready for the season. Top notch group of FF players for sure.

That said, and being too lazy/busy to look this up FM, you need to review Exactly how the rules read on the qualifiers as I bolded them below - specifically in which order teams qualify - because, if as you list them here, the first non Div Winner that qualifies is "team with the best record", then that would be Family Matters - presumably breaking tie over Construx with points. Next (listed) is highest scoring team remaining - which would be Twilight and then ffweasel would be tied with VP but win tie-break on points - doesn't change the teams NOW, but a week from now, that could be VERY important.

(from above post)

3 division winners.

Teams are then seeded based on points scored. Seeds 1 and 2 get a bye for the first round of the playoffs.

Here are the seeds from the winner's bracket of the Dynasty League if the season ended today. We have 1 more week:

2. Family Matters: 7-5, 2033.25 points, 34VP. (Points qualifier)

3. Twilight: 6-6, 1909.50 points, 28VP. (Best record qualifier)

First, I agree with others that the league is a blast - yes as a low maintenance, low dollar league, it's not the priority for this group - the real action comes in the rookie draft and in trades to get ready for the season. Top notch group of FF players for sure.

That said, and being too lazy/busy to look this up FM, you need to review Exactly how the rules read on the qualifiers as I bolded them below - specifically in which order teams qualify - because, if as you list them here, the first non Div Winner that qualifies is "team with the best record", then that would be Family Matters - presumably breaking tie over Construx with points. Next (listed) is highest scoring team remaining - which would be Twilight and then ffweasel would be tied with VP but win tie-break on points - doesn't change the teams NOW, but a week from now, that could be VERY important.

(from above post)

3 division winners.

2. Family Matters: 7-5, 2033.25 points, 34VP. (Points qualifier)

3. Twilight: 6-6, 1909.50 points, 28VP. (Best record qualifier)

Checking the rules, we agreed that the order would be as follows:3-division winners

1-remaining best record

1-remaining high scorer

1-remaining high VP

Tie breakers are defined on the rules page as:

1. Overall winning %.

2. Total points scored.

FM - if first non Division Champ qualifier is BEST RECORD - (in first post and obviously this could change in final week) which would be you and Construx at 7-5 (break tie), NOT Twilight

Next would be high scorer, then VP.

Correct??

FM - if first non Division Champ qualifier is BEST RECORD - (in first post and obviously this could change in final week) which would be you and Construx at 7-5 (break tie), NOT TwilightNext would be high scorer, then VP.Correct??
Construx is a Div Champ. I corrected how they qualified but it's still the same teams.

Great leagues. Wife is "encouraging" me to lose some of my leagues next year, but I have to keep these.

Happy to, as of now, be making the playoffs in both, but I don't feel like I've really excelled in either.

Great leagues. Wife is "encouraging" me to lose some of my leagues next year, but I have to keep these. Happy to, as of now, be making the playoffs in both, but I don't feel like I've really excelled in either.
Glad you're enjoying it. It's been a low maintenence type league so far but the draw back is that there is little interaction. Hook suggested I start a thread so we can talk about our season so far. Making the playoffs against this group is good. Making it in both leagues speaks well of your skills. Congrats!

No more pre-playoff Smacktalk?
I just realized that you could be in some jeapoardy in Dynasty if I have this figured out right. . Win and you're in as the Div Champ. Lose and then there is some risk you could get bumped from the playoffs. If you lose and I win and you get outscored by enough points from either MOP or PAE, you could get bumped out of the winner's bracket. I would be the Div Champ based on the points scored tie breaker. MOP needs you to lose, me to win and he needs to outscore you by 26.5 points. PAE need the same and to outscore you by 16.7 points. Talk about some crazy scenarios! :thumbdown:

No more pre-playoff Smacktalk?
I just realized that you could be in some jeapoardy in Dynasty if I have this figured out right. . Win and you're in as the Div Champ. Lose and then there is some risk you could get bumped from the playoffs. If you lose and I win and you get outscored by enough points from either MOP or PAE, you could get bumped out of the winner's bracket. I would be the Div Champ based on the points scored tie breaker. MOP needs you to lose, me to win and he needs to outscore you by 26.5 points. PAE need the same and to outscore you by 16.7 points. Talk about some crazy scenarios! :popcorn:
:excited: - Hook's safe. Criteria #1 is best remaining record. Even if you win the division, his 8-5 record can't be matched.I'm the one who is in deep *** due to a very bad week, but will just squeak in. FFWeasel is now ahead of me, total pointswise, and PAE is about even with a lot of players to go. The only thing saving me is VP'sI've got a 4 pt lead in VP's, and, with ffweasel being done, he can't reach me, as he's losing. If PAE tops him in points (which looks likely with the number of players left), then he is in. And it won't matter if he ties me VP-wise (he's the only one left where it's possible) since he'll already be in.

Explain this to me because I am confused as to what the exact rules are. Barring outlandish scoring tonight by McGahee and Welker, I will be #2 in total points scored after this week. IIRC, I am currently up 54 points this week on MOP, who had me by 0.70 point YTD in scoring. So he would need 77.60 from those two in order to catch me. Is total points what is used in seeding, thus making me the #2 seed with a bye next week?

Explain this to me because I am confused as to what the exact rules are. Barring outlandish scoring tonight by McGahee and Welker, I will be #2 in total points scored after this week. IIRC, I am currently up 54 points this week on MOP, who had me by 0.70 point YTD in scoring. So he would need 77.60 from those two in order to catch me. Is total points what is used in seeding, thus making me the #2 seed with a bye next week?
You are correct. Total points will be used for seeding. Top 2 get a round 1 bye. Seeds float so that the lowest seed remaining always play the highest seed remaining.

You are correct. Total points will be used for seeding. Top 2 get a round 1 bye. Seeds float so that the lowest seed remaining always play the highest seed remaining.
Don't look now, but I'm in the POs in redraft as the highest pt non-division winner, and with 45.35 from Brady tonight (assuming no replacement for DY by KFaulk or MaClayton) I'll actually grab the #2 seed at 4-9. Glad to have that option since I've had far more pts against than anyone else.

Don't look now, but I'm in the POs in redraft as the highest pt non-division winner, and with 45.35 from Brady tonight (assuming no replacement for DY by KFaulk or MaClayton) I'll actually grab the #2 seed at 4-9. Glad to have that option since I've had far more pts against than anyone else.
I really do believe that points scored is more of an indicator of the strength of a team than your record is. Your team is a great example of that. But while I still enjoy the H2H competition, the reality is you can't control what the other team scores against you. Sometimes, you end up in a tougher division or face some lopsided matchups due to bye weeks or untimely injuries and such and while your record looks bad, you're still one of the better teams.Good luck!

Okay, I reconstructed the qualifiers based on all the information below and current score at MFL

Here are the seeds from the winner's bracket of the Dynasty League

1. David Yudkin: 11-2, 2326.90 points, 43VP. (Div Champ)

2. Family Matters: 8-5, 2230.10 points, 38VP. (Points qualifier)

3. ConstuxBoy: 8-5, 2072.00 points, 31VP. (Div Champ)

4. Capt. Hook: 9-4, 2046.00 points, 31VP. (Div Champ) (wins seeding position on W%)

5. ffweasel: 6-7, 2046.00 points, 24VP. (Best record qualifier; wins tie break on points)

6. Twilight: 6-7, 2037.20 points, 28VP. (Highest remaining VP)

Checking the rules, we agreed that the order would be as follows:

3-division winners

1-remaining best record

1-remaining high scorer

1-remaining high VP

Tie breakers are defined on the rules page as:

1. Overall winning %.

2. Total points scored.

Hook is correct with his post. Here's how it sets up:

Dynasty Winner's Bracket:

1. David Yudkin: 11-2, 2326.90 points, 43VP. (Div Champ) First round bye

2. Family Matters: 8-5, 2230.10 points, 38VP. (Points qualifier) First round bye

3. ConstuxBoy: 8-5, 2072.00 points, 31VP. (Div Champ)

4. Capt. Hook: 9-4, 2046.00 points, 31VP. (Div Champ) (wins seeding position on W%)

5. ffweasel: 6-7, 2046.00 points, 24VP. (Best record qualifier; wins tie break on points)

6. Twilight: 6-7, 2037.20 points, 28VP. (Highest remaining VP)

So the week one playoff games are as follows:

Twilight v Construxboy

ffweasel v Capt. Hook

Dynasty Loser's Bracket:

1. PAE: 6-7, 2037.15, 27VP First round bye

2. MOP: 6-7, 2025.80, 23VP First round bye

3. Team Legacy: 5-8, 1930.85, 22VP

4. Ravnzfan: 5-8, 1886.30, 21VP

5. Radballs: 5-8, 1813.05, 15VP

6. Duckboy: 3-10, 1735.75, 9VP

Duckboy v Team Legacy

Radballs v Ravnzfan

Congrats to all on what has been an excellent season so far. Yudkin was the strongest team all season long. Best record and highest score speaks loud and clear that he is the team to beat. Nice season David. BTW-Yuds and FM have a rare opportunity to win both the dynasty and redraft. It won't be easy though. Just being in that position is pretty cool.

Interesting observation. The VP results followed the Winner's Bracket pretty close. PAE is the only team that scored higher than a Winner's Bracket team from the Loser's bracket. Looks like the Victory Points is a good baromoter of the best teams.

Redraft Winner's Bracket:

1. Family Matters: 12-1, 2338.95, 43VP (Div Champ) First round bye

2. Yudkin: 8-5, 2133.75, 31VP (Div Champ) First round bye

3. Duckboy: 3-10, 2112.70, 18VP (Points)

4. MOP: 8-5, 2094.85, 30VP (Record)

5. Team Legacy: 7-6, 2056.85, 28VP (VP)

6. Radballs: 8-5, 2038.00, 32VP (Div Champ)

Radballs v Duckboy

Team Legacy v MOP

Redraft Loser's Bracket:

1. Construxboy: 7-6, 2096.40, 28VP First round bye

2. PAE: 6-7, 2060.80, 24VP First round bye

3. ffweasel: 7-6, 2037.60, 28VP

4. Hook: 4-9, 2000.70, 18VP

5. Twilight: 4-9, 1947.10, 18VP

6. Ravnzfan: 4-9, 1734.85, 14VP

Ravnzfan v ffweasel

Twilight v Capt Hook

With the exception of Duckboy, VP again is reflective of the teams scoring ability. Yudkin won his last 3 games to secure his division championship. For the most part this league was very close until the end. Seeds 2-5 changed from last week in the Winner's bracket and Duckboy climbed up to the Winner's bracket from the Loser's bracket by scoring 169 points this week. Nice job on that!

Good luck too all in the playoffs!

Why Legacy over me in Redraft? H2H? I beat him in points and have as many VP.
Good question. There was a 3 way tie for the VP qualifier between you, TL and weasel. Your record is actually 6-7 after adjusting for the waiver issues. You lost to Duckboy 169.35 to 164.80. The site shows you won but after adjusting for the points from the waiver moves the outcome is different. Winning percentage is the first tie breaker so TL gets the nod.

Why Legacy over me in Redraft? H2H? I beat him in points and have as many VP.
Good question. There was a 3 way tie for the VP qualifier between you, TL and weasel. Your record is actually 6-7 after adjusting for the waiver issues. You lost to Duckboy 169.35 to 164.80. The site shows you won but after adjusting for the points from the waiver moves the outcome is different. Winning percentage is the first tie breaker so TL gets the nod.
Ahh. Damn. Thanks.

Thanks to FM for the props for my teams, but to be brutally honest I have paid very little attention to these leagues and often forget to even make any roster moves because I never remember when waivers are run. So any success this year I attribute to dumb luck.

Thanks to FM for the props for my teams, but to be brutally honest I have paid very little attention to these leagues and often forget to even make any roster moves because I never remember when waivers are run. So any success this year I attribute to dumb luck.
But remember that much of your work was done last year during the draft. You had a startegy that many questioned by drafting several top TE's. IIRC, you did this drafting from the 2 spot and in rounds 4,5 & 6 you went back to back to back TE's and that has really helped you with the 2 ppr for TE scoring. So you laid the ground work for this team last year. And it doesn't hurt that LT is rounding back into form. So losing in the championship game last proved the starategy valid and now you are the lead dog going into this year's playoff. So I wouldn't say dumb luck. I'd call it taking advantage of what the draft gave you.

But remember that much of your work was done last year during the draft. You had a startegy that many questioned by drafting several top TE's. IIRC, you did this drafting from the 2 spot and in rounds 4,5 & 6 you went back to back to back TE's and that has really helped you with the 2 ppr for TE scoring. So you laid the ground work for this team last year. And it doesn't hurt that LT is rounding back into form. So losing in the championship game last proved the starategy valid and now you are the lead dog going into this year's playoff. So I wouldn't say dumb luck. I'd call it taking advantage of what the draft gave you.
My goal the rest of the way is to have a week that I score Todd Heap. And thanks to the Captain for dropping Crumpler to take his place.

If you are happy to have the Tea Crumpler David, you are welcome - for many years, Tony Scheffler will be a better TE on my team.

Captain Hook said:
If you are happy to have the Tea Crumpler David, you are welcome - for many years, Tony Scheffler will be a better TE on my team.
We essentially traded one for the other. At the time, Scheffler wasn't playing pretty much at all and I had too many guys not doing anything so I needed to get some bodies in the lineup. Although hard to believe, I had too many TEs on my team. Scheffler may turn out to be better than Crumpler, but we'll have to wait and see. But IMO, Crumpler has proven he is a Top 10 TE and is only technically 29 (he'll turn 30 in a few weeks).

Captain Hook said:
We essentially traded one for the other. At the time, Scheffler wasn't playing pretty much at all and I had too many guys not doing anything so I needed to get some bodies in the lineup. Although hard to believe, I had too many TEs on my team. Scheffler may turn out to be better than Crumpler, but we'll have to wait and see. But IMO, Crumpler has proven he is a Top 10 TE and is only technically 29 (he'll turn 30 in a few weeks).
Then he will technically be 30. Right? :mellow:

Aaah.. a chance to defend my title... Won't be easy, not with some of those top teams.. This is also a chance for redemption against MOP, who CLOBBERED me in Hyper Active 2.

Good luck Sean. I want revenge!!

Here are the re-seeds and playoff games going into next week:

Dynasty playoffs in the Winner's Bracket:

4. Capt Hook v 1. David Yudkin

3. Construxboy v 2. Family Matters

Congrats to Construxboy and Capt Hook for their first round wins!

Dynasty playoffs in the Consolation Bracket:

5. Radballs v 1. Pimpin Ain't Easy

3. Team Legacy v 2. Ministry Of Pain

Congrats to Team Legacy and Radballs for their first round wins!

Redraft playoffs in the Winner's Bracket:

5. Team Legacy v 1. Family Matters

3. Duckboy v 2. David Yudkin

Congrats to Team Legacy and Duckboy for their first round wins!

Redraft playoffs in the Consolation Bracket:

6. Ravnzfan v 1. Construxboy

4. Capt Hook v 2. Pimpin Ain't Easy

Congrats to Capt Hook and Ravnzfan for their first round wins!

Family Matters said:

MOP, It's you and me AGAIN!! in the Darren McFadden Derby!! FM, looks like if you're going to win this title in year 2, you have to go thru the Re-Draft champ to do it.

Good luck to all of us!

Family Matters said:

MOP, It's you and me AGAIN!! in the Darren McFadden Derby!! FM, looks like if you're going to win this title in year 2, you have to go thru the Re-Draft champ to do it.

Good luck to all of us!
Well if you want to be the best you gotta beat the best. Good luck to you as well!

Family Matters said:

Note the top 2 seeds in both leagues are the same. Could be a Yudkin-FM double bowl. Great job gents.

Family Matters said:

Note the top 2 seeds in both leagues are the same. Could be a Yudkin-FM double bowl. Great job gents.
Thanks. I don't know if David or I will win either of these, but I agree that to accomplish top 2 seeds in both in this tough league is a nice accomplishment. But it'll mean more if I win one or both.

Family Matters said:

Thanks. I don't know if David or I will win either of these, but I agree that to accomplish top 2 seeds in both in this tough league is a nice accomplishment. But it'll mean more if I win one or both.
Then you'd better beat Legacy! :goodposting:

I got f'd over by the waiver process and am not happy about it. I put in for 6 guys and outbid everyone for 5 others, yet did not receive them.

Congrats to FM on the win! Like I said earlier in this thread, my team goes as the Bengals go, so this one was probably over Sat night. But even if they do great, I'm not sure I catch you. Great game and good luck next week!

Users who are viewing this thread