What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
Nikki on the beach :wub:
Claire's body > most things on earth
She does have a nice body, but she is a basket case waiting to happen. If I had to choose one of them it would be Nikki. Despite Claire's body, I think Nikki would be better in the sack. Claire seems stuck on herself but Nikki seems a little more insecure, which could translate to "I'm up for anything... " Plus I think she would be a better mom.
I agree with the better mom part. Who do you think relates better to kids, a hairstylist or a pediatric nurse?

She does have a nice body, but she is a basket case waiting to happen. If I had to choose one of them it would be Nikki. Despite Claire's body, I think Nikki would be better in the sack. Claire seems stuck on herself but Nikki seems a little more insecure, which could translate to "I'm up for anything... " Plus I think she would be a better mom.
I agree with the better mom part. Who do you think relates better to kids, a hairstylist or a pediatric nurse?
Exactly.

Oh, I think Claire is up for anything. She slips into that weird little girl voice whenever she thinks it's romance time.

Andi was one of my favorites the entire season. She seemed the most level headed, honest, low maintenance of the bunch.

Nature once again mushroom slapped me with the reaffirmation that ALL women are straight ####ed up.

In 15 swift minutes she ruined everything I ever thought about her. Destroyed it. It's like she wanted to make an awesome point, but he honestly didn't give a #### and her script went to ####.

Conversely, in 15 swift minutes, I feel for JP and actually kinda like him.

Unfortunately he is going to get TKO'd by the women at the Tell-All

ps Andi - who the #### do you expect to believe that JP said "default"?
Yeah I thought she had a good chance at being the bachelorette too, but she is too much of a whiney tool. Any guys on her season would have to walk on egg shells around her. No thanks.

JP should run and not look back at these insecure women. He has years left in him to get major tail, why would he possibly want to get married? I just don't get it.
He's probably still banging baby mama too.

My thoughts on last night's episode...

So I was watching the Andi/JP debacle. At first, I was on Andi's side...then, I found myself transitioning to JP's side. After she basically told him that she didn't see herself falling in love with him, and he said "OK" a hundred times, I didn't really get what she was trying to get him to admit to. She kept telling him that he was selfish, that he didn't really know her, etc. His response was pretty basic..."I'm sorry you feel that way." I said that I didn't understand what she wanted him to say here. My wife...silent for most of it, said, "I guess that's how guys and girls are different," to which I responded, "What does that mean?" She said that him saying it's "OK" was dismissing Andi's feelings. I didn't see it that way.

If someone comes to me and tells me I'm a horrible person and that they never want to talk to me again, etc. etc...and they have a van waiting to take them to the place they want to go, I don't know that I'd really say much to them either! "OK...thanks for sharing...bye!" I mean, in a girl's eyes, am I expected to automatically accept her feelings as the correct ones, validate them by confirming that yes, I am indeed an ###hole, beg them to take me back regardless, and beg for forgiveness as if I've just seen the light? I just don't get it. I'm not INTENTIONALLY going to be a ####, but if I am, I am...and I'd gladly try and work on things for someone who meant anything to me...It's hard enough for a girl to change a guy in general...it's impossible for a girl to change a guy AFTER she tells him that she's never going to be in love with him and he's leaving (not even considering in this case, he's got 2 more girls!!!). I guess I just don't get it. She spoke her mind, which she's entitled to do. JP listened, apologized, and sent her on her way. I don't know what more she wanted in that situation.

Oh, and he definitely didn't say "by default." He might have said something else and she misunderstood, but he didn't say "default."

I think at this point he'll end up with Nikki. I think Clare peaked too soon. He's been there, done that, and is kind of over her. I think the troll scared him too.

I also predict that they're broken up if not before the After the Final Rose, or if not, shortly there after...

So I was watching the Andi/JP debacle. At first, I was on Andi's side...then, I found myself transitioning to JP's side. After she basically told him that she didn't see herself falling in love with him, and he said "OK" a hundred times, I didn't really get what she was trying to get him to admit to. She kept telling him that he was selfish, that he didn't really know her, etc. His response was pretty basic..."I'm sorry you feel that way." I said that I didn't understand what she wanted him to say here. My wife...silent for most of it, said, "I guess that's how guys and girls are different," to which I responded, "What does that mean?" She said that him saying it's "OK" was dismissing Andi's feelings. I didn't see it that way.

If someone comes to me and tells me I'm a horrible person and that they never want to talk to me again, etc. etc...and they have a van waiting to take them to the place they want to go, I don't know that I'd really say much to them either! "OK...thanks for sharing...bye!" I mean, in a girl's eyes, am I expected to automatically accept her feelings as the correct ones, validate them by confirming that yes, I am indeed an ###hole, beg them to take me back regardless, and beg for forgiveness as if I've just seen the light? I just don't get it. I'm not INTENTIONALLY going to be a ####, but if I am, I am...and I'd gladly try and work on things for someone who meant anything to me...It's hard enough for a girl to change a guy in general...it's impossible for a girl to change a guy AFTER she tells him that she's never going to be in love with him and he's leaving (not even considering in this case, he's got 2 more girls!!!). I guess I just don't get it. She spoke her mind, which she's entitled to do. JP listened, apologized, and sent her on her way. I don't know what more she wanted in that situation.

Oh, and he definitely didn't say "by default." He might have said something else and she misunderstood, but he didn't say "default."

I think at this point he'll end up with Nikki. I think Clare peaked too soon. He's been there, done that, and is kind of over her. I think the troll scared him too.

I also predict that they're broken up if not before the After the Final Rose, or if not, shortly there after...
My wife agreed with me that Andi was being ridiculous. :shrug:

I think if we put ourselves in JP's place or any bachelor for that matter, we would know who's going home, possibly even before the 3 overnight dates. But the protocol says you're supposed to treat them all like your future wife and then pretend you're agonizing over the decision. He ignored that protocol and made it obvious he didn't care what she had to say, then took it a step further and basically said she's just a placeholder. Tactless maybe, but in the end he did her a huge favor. She got to leave on her own terms instead of standing there at the rose ceremony in a nice dress with a hopeful look on her face only to be crushed and leave sobbing. In real life if you were to lead a woman on a charade like that, she'd be a lot more pissed than if you just told her in advance that you're into someone else.

I think if we put ourselves in JP's place or any bachelor for that matter, we would know who's going home, possibly even before the 3 overnight dates. But the protocol says you're supposed to treat them all like your future wife and then pretend you're agonizing over the decision. He ignored that protocol and made it obvious he didn't care what she had to say, then took it a step further and basically said she's just a placeholder. Tactless maybe, but in the end he did her a huge favor. She got to leave on her own terms instead of standing there at the rose ceremony in a nice dress with a hopeful look on her face only to be crushed and leave sobbing. In real life if you were to lead a woman on a charade like that, she'd be a lot more pissed than if you just told her in advance that you're into someone else.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought she was a bit whacky in her rant. My wife's pregnant, so I'll blame the baby. I've been doing that a lot lately.

Truthfully, I don't know how she went from 0 to 100 in just the few hours of the overnight...I mean, she went from really falling for him to flat out hating him in that short of a timeframe? Something else was going on all along (i.e. editing), OR, there was something more that happened. I mean, she flipped. You don't typically flip like that on personality issues...not that quickly.

I do agree 100% that you likely know who's going home, but you have to treat them all as your future wife. I think that in most cases, the first few rose ceremonies are hard because you truly don't know. I think the later ones are only hard because people get more upset...I think by 6 or so girls, most guys know who their finalists are.

After that display, I hope Andi isn't the next bachelorette, but I think she's probably the leading candidate at this point.

I agree with your basic premise.

Do I think JP did Andi a favor on purpose? No way.

JP is looking for a woman who is attractive, who will do what he wants in the bedroom, is fun to hang out with, and will take care of his daughter when he is not around. While there is nothing wrong with any of that, most woman are looking for an emotional relationship with their husband. I don't know if Juan Pablo is capable of that, and for sure I do not think he has enough of an emotional relationship with either of the final two to say he is "in love" with them. I don't think he marries whoever he ends up with.

God, I just re-read that and I sound like a woman. I need to stop watching this show.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought she was a bit whacky in her rant. My wife's pregnant, so I'll blame the baby. I've been doing that a lot lately.

Truthfully, I don't know how she went from 0 to 100 in just the few hours of the overnight...I mean, she went from really falling for him to flat out hating him in that short of a timeframe? Something else was going on all along (i.e. editing), OR, there was something more that happened. I mean, she flipped. You don't typically flip like that on personality issues...not that quickly.

I do agree 100% that you likely know who's going home, but you have to treat them all as your future wife. I think that in most cases, the first few rose ceremonies are hard because you truly don't know. I think the later ones are only hard because people get more upset...I think by 6 or so girls, most guys know who their finalists are.

After that display, I hope Andi isn't the next bachelorette, but I think she's probably the leading candidate at this point.
She was expecting him to open his heart and ask her all kinds of deep questions about how she would raise kids, could she move to Miami, etc. Instead he just talked about himself and in the teaser for next week, there is an implication that he banged her. So the next morning she felt used and realized he didn't know anything about her nor did he seem to care.

I would get crucified on this show. Only major difference I see between JP and the single version of myself is the accent. I even used to do the stupid thing where he strokes the girls' faces.

The rumor mill says (as I mentioned earlier) that Andi was approached by the producers and asked if she truly thought she was going to the final 2/ does she have any intention of wanting to marry JP - as as she was first choice to be the next bachelorette.

Producers likely drew up a gameplan, including financial figures of what she'd receive for her work and that's the reasoning for the TOTAL 180 within an hour.

JP may be a bit of an airhead, but you literally have to have a serious ######ation to not know that someone HATED their night with you.... he woke up thinking the 2 of them had an amazing, fun filled night, and she was dying to get out?

I dont think so, Tim.

Major setup, and Andi took the bait a little too far... making the whole change of heart seem 120% phony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also very fishy: Chris (the host) has BARELY been seen this season, and the rumor is he and JP do not get along whatsoever... Chris is usually fist deep in the Bachelor's ### all season, but this season he's been a ghost.

Even when they have their little 1 on 1's, th questions are basic, and they end it w a brief handshake... I remember w every other bachelor, he'd go in for the "bro hug"

Too many things not adding up... and I feel like JP has been set up to take the "massive D-bag" fall for ratings.

I agree with your basic premise.

Do I think JP did Andi a favor on purpose? No way.

JP is looking for a woman who is attractive, who will do what he wants in the bedroom, is fun to hang out with, and will take care of his daughter when he is not around. While there is nothing wrong with any of that, most woman are looking for an emotional relationship with their husband. I don't know if Juan Pablo is capable of that, and for sure I do not think he has enough of an emotional relationship with either of the final two to say he is "in love" with them. I don't think he marries whoever he ends up with.

God, I just re-read that and I sound like a woman. I need to stop watching this show.
Definitely did not do her a favor on purpose. He's too self absorbed and I doubt he has the intelligence or foresight to think beyond what he's going to eat for lunch.

Also very fishy: Chris (the host) has BARELY been seen this season, and the rumor is he and JP do not get along whatsoever... Chris is usually fist deep in the Bachelor's ### all season, but this season he's been a ghost.

Even when they have their little 1 on 1's, th questions are basic, and they end it w a brief handshake... I remember w every other bachelor, he'd go in for the "bro hug"

Too many things not adding up... and I feel like JP has been set up to take the "massive D-bag" fall for ratings.
Chris is too busy banging all the rejects.

The only specific thing she had to say was that he brought up his night with Clare. That was what drove the rest of it (unless there was behind the scenes stuff from the producers that drove her away). She was completely rambling across 5 or 6 different things that bothered her about the night, and then mentioned him talking about his night with Clare. To me, that was the big thing but she didn't want to lead with the one thing that actually bothered her, so she just made up a bunch of crap first.

Unless JP talked about how wet his nose got while muff diving, wtf does Andi have to ##### about?

He said it best - "you KNOW I have 3 overnights". It wasnt a secret. She's 26yrs old and has a head on her shoulders (somewhat). She knew what was going down (Jp into clare and nikkis crotches)... Him bringing it up can't be what set her off.

I can't be alone in thinking this is all a ruse, and she bailed to be the bachelorette

Unless JP talked about how wet his nose got while muff diving, wtf does Andi have to ##### about?

He said it best - "you KNOW I have 3 overnights". It wasnt a secret. She's 26yrs old and has a head on her shoulders (somewhat). She knew what was going down (Jp into clare and nikkis crotches)... Him bringing it up can't be what set her off.

I can't be alone in thinking this is all a ruse, and she bailed to be the bachelorette
But we all knew she was done last night anyway, even without the preview. Isn't the better story for her to #### and play the sappy angle than to go on the offensive?

But we all knew she was done last night anyway, even without the preview. Isn't the better story for her to #### and play the sappy angle than to go on the offensive?
When she was explaining her reasons to the camera as to why she had such a miserable evening (before meeting w JP), it was the most scripted preface to bail Ive seen in a while.

She named off all the qualities she wanted in a man, that JP didnt have... preluding, imo, to the types of guys she's going after as the new bachelorette - Deep, intelligent, thoughtful men, who care more about their woman than themselves.

man.... Andi is taking a beating in here....and I just don't get it....I thought she nailed it.....she called this dude out for exactly what he is.....

JP uses the "language barrier" when it is convenient for JP to use the "language barrier".....

"sometimez I not say tings white and peoplse gets confoosd"......I GUARANTEE this will be a huge part or his excuse/defense reasoning at the Final Rose show.......he got called out on his shtick.....

at the beginning I thought this dude had all kinds of game.....accent/face touching/playing dumb/single dad angle/decent looking/body/look at me/hair pushing back/tear wiping/it's ok/trust me.......but after watching this all season.......that really is the extent of JP.....those things....he has ZERO substance after that......he can't carry on an intelligent conversation, nor does he want too.....because he knows he can't so he doesn't even try.....it just not what he does.....and Andi called him out on it......

JP also plays the dumb card and gives that dog expression look when the dog is trying to figure out what you are saying but doesn't understand you....when he feels he needs too......and girls fall for it.....they think it's cute (for a little while) when he doesn't "understand" things and they have to explain it to him like he is a 4 year old......

:inyourbestmomvoice: "this is barbeque"....."wheels spinning, it means thinking"......there were many others.....

Andi nailed it as she left "he just doesn't get it and he never will.....he's probably back there saying "its okay".....

I called this a few weeks ago that America and women across the country would start to cool on this guy.......everybody was really excited at the beginning, but if you took the temperature of the women across the country I bet they have been cooling on this guy for a while.....it won't be just cause he got his ### handed to him by Andi......

When she was explaining her reasons to the camera as to why she had such a miserable evening (before meeting w JP), it was the most scripted preface to bail Ive seen in a while.

She named off all the qualities she wanted in a man, that JP didnt have... preluding, imo, to the types of guys she's going after as the new bachelorette - Deep, intelligent, thoughtful men, who care more about their woman than themselves.
That last bit bothered me. Care more about their woman than themselves. Why doesn't she want to find someone who cares for themselves and her equally? Oh, because she's full of herself and wants to be worshipped? Maybe she wasn't a bad match with JP afterall.

FWIW, my wife went from thinking JP was "just a really nice guy" to a sleazy dirtbag in the space of 2 nights.

Weak beta types like this make up a good chunk of the 25 men anyway, along with guys who just want to be on TV.

Weak beta types like this make up a good chunk of the 25 men anyway, along with guys who just want to be on TV.
Bingo. Which is exactly why she's a lock for the next Bachelorette - the guys who come on the show are Grade A vaj's... she'll eat them alive

I feel like a defense lawyer for JP, when Im really not... he lacks serious substance.

But cmon Andi... you expect us to believe that in ONE night, you realized all that, but had no inclinations about it in the 2 months prior to that night?

I'm calling serious BS. The guy had no game, and has been pulling the "it's ok" shtick since day 1. uninterested etc... nothing new to anyone. And believe me, it wasn't new to her.

The way the previews were set up, I thought Juan Pablo tried to bang Andi in the fantasy suite. All he did was talk about himself? And mentioned another overnight? This makes him a d-bag and worth all the build up? :bs:

so dumb. I can't wait for Pickles take on this nonsense.

Some bad acting by Juan Pablo last night. Andi did a decent job holding up her end of the script, but Juan was just flat, making the whole thing more unbelievable than usual.

Him and the remaining two women seem like grade A morons to me. They're perfect for each other.

Jayrok said:
Andi was one of my favorites the entire season. She seemed the most level headed, honest, low maintenance of the bunch.

Nature once again mushroom slapped me with the reaffirmation that ALL women are straight ####ed up.

In 15 swift minutes she ruined everything I ever thought about her. Destroyed it. It's like she wanted to make an awesome point, but he honestly didn't give a #### and her script went to ####.

Conversely, in 15 swift minutes, I feel for JP and actually kinda like him.

Unfortunately he is going to get TKO'd by the women at the Tell-All

ps Andi - who the #### do you expect to believe that JP said "default"?
Yeah I thought she had a good chance at being the bachelorette too, but she is too much of a whiney tool. Any guys on her season would have to walk on egg shells around her. No thanks.

JP should run and not look back at these insecure women. He has years left in him to get major tail, why would he possibly want to get married? I just don't get it.
I'm pretty sure he had no intentions of getting married. Just thought he could get more pretty tail, plus possibly launch a tv career. This guy is an egotistical tool. Takes about two minutes watching him to figure that out. He was doing this to try to become famous.

as time went on renee became the one I would've wanted to marry the most. She's too normal to be on the show. Everything from how she wasn't afraid to walk around without makeup, to how she threw poo with JP in that one episode, to her exit interview all showed attractive qualities. she was also wearing a ress at one point that kind of showed her buttcrack and it looked perfectly passable.

Nikki, Renee and Claire make up the perfect marry, ####, kill. Marry Renee, #### Claire, kill Nikki.

Second best was "I didn't say you were here by default, I said you barely made it!"

Nice work, Juan. Looking good, buddy. She clearly comes off as a crazy freak, and you still can't look good in this argument.
He may be at least a little bit smarter than I expected though... "I'm not gonna argue with a lawyer."

Second best was "I didn't say you were here by default, I said you barely made it!"

Nice work, Juan. Looking good, buddy. She clearly comes off as a crazy freak, and you still can't look good in this argument.
He may be at least a little bit smarter than I expected though... "I'm not gonna argue with a lawyer."
funny story - The Bachelor pitched her as a lawyer from the start....

If you listened carefully yesterday, JP dropped a quick "bomb" about that.... She hasn't written the bar exam yet.

LOL

as time went on renee became the one I would've wanted to marry the most. She's too normal to be on the show. Everything from how she wasn't afraid to walk around without makeup, to how she threw poo with JP in that one episode, to her exit interview all showed attractive qualities. she was also wearing a ress at one point that kind of showed her buttcrack and it looked perfectly passable.

Nikki, Renee and Claire make up the perfect marry, ####, kill. Marry Renee, #### Claire, kill Nikki.
I would marry Nikki, and kill and #### all three.

funny story - The Bachelor pitched her as a lawyer from the start....

If you listened carefully yesterday, JP dropped a quick "bomb" about that.... She hasn't written the bar exam yet.

LOL
No, he meant she'd have to take the bar exam in his state if she moved. She's from Georgia. Bar exams are state-specific.

Possibly in a different order?

A few thoughts:

- doesn't say much for Andi as an Asst DA to lose her argument to JP.

- almost positive that Nikki had a wardrobe malfunction during her romp in the ocean with JP

- I agree completely with Soulfly's take regarding Harrison v JP. He can barely stand to be in the same room with that guy.

- kind of interesting to hear how many times Claire says, "Me" "My" and "Mine" when describing her vision of happiness and future with JP...maybe the reason she's 32 and single despite her appearance.

Prediction: JP is looking for someone to be a mother for his daughter, passive in the relationship, a tigress in the bedroom, and someone who won't challenge him intellectually. Nikki fits that bill more than Claire, but JP knows she won't give up her career to be a stay at home mom (and probably the same reason he wasn't busted up about Andi's departure, especially with his acknowledgement of Andi's plans post BAR exam). That leaves Claire, who suits JP for the moment and sees this as an opportunity to get 3000 miles away from her nutbag family and start a new life with JP...until she finds someone who makes more money and doesn't need her to be a step-mother.

Possibly in a different order?
Meh

Meh. Don't think Andi's 180 is hard to understand at all.

Up until the fantasy suite she was thinking they just never had enough time or space to have 'those kinds' of talks, but after spending 12 hours with the guy without world-class scenery and/or entertainment she realized there's pretty much just no one home and that he wasn't really into her.

Then she wanted him to say something to make her feel better, but he wouldn't -- which just made her try harder.

In the end she's just too smart and ambitious (career ambition, emotional ambition, relationship ambition) for him. No harm, no foul except that she didn't figure it out sooner and he didn't tell her.

I liked when Harrison asked him what he meant when he said he was doing OK - "it means I'm OK"

Guy may want to invest in a Thesaurus.

after Andi called him out....JP had that "oh #### they're on to me" reaction.....and went immediately into damge control mode....you could almost see his wheels spinning even though he doesn't know what that means.....the "language barrier" is going to get beat like a rented mule as an excuse at the final rose, "english is my second language"....blah blah blah.... as well as the "I was just being honest and thats the way I am if they can't handle it, I'm sorry" thing.....

I thought Andi handled herself very well and was very accurate and articulate in the way she described the real JP....and she spoke for us all when she said..."if you say it's OK one more time".....he couldn't help himself, because that crap has probably worked for him in the past and got him a ton of tail....it's his go to shtick.....but now it has been exposed to all America and I'm not sure he is going to be able to play the please feel sorry for me card.....if it's tru about the stuff between Harrison and him....Harrison may lead him to the wolves and let him stay there a while....JP's PR team better be working some magic with ABC right now because JP's game has been exposed.....

Soulfly3 said:
I feel like a defense lawyer for JP, when Im really not... he lacks serious substance.

But cmon Andi... you expect us to believe that in ONE night, you realized all that, but had no inclinations about it in the 2 months prior to that night?

I'm calling serious BS. The guy had no game, and has been pulling the "it's ok" shtick since day 1. uninterested etc... nothing new to anyone. And believe me, it wasn't new to her.
I think she probably (at least partially) realized it a long time ago, but was willing to look past it, hoping there was more substance to the guy. Then, after spending an entire night with him (and still not being able to have any meaningful conversation with him), she finally came to grips with what she should have a long time ago... JP is shallow, egotistical, and once you get past the initial attraction, he's pretty much the exact opposite of what most women are looking for (at least intellectually). He's very good at playing dumb, acting like he doesn't understand, getting women to make out with him (particularly when they're confused, or he does it to change the subject or distract them from reality), and playing the father/daughter card. Oh, and brushing hair out of their face. He's terrible at most everything else, in terms of building a meaningful relationship with someone. He probably knows that, and his defense mode (when somebody calls him out on it) is to say "It's OK" as a response to basically everything they say to him. It's like he has a few nervous "ticks" that he resorts to when he's uncomfortable (because he has nothing of substance to say). Brush the hair, shrug the shoulders, and say "It's OK" a lot. Get them to look you in the eye, and hopefully forget what it was they were thinking about (and then maybe make out with him). Rinse, repeat when the next girl seems to be losing interest, etc.

Up until the fantasy suite she was thinking they just never had enough time or space to have 'those kinds' of talks, but after spending 12 hours with the guy without world-class scenery and/or entertainment she realized there's pretty much just no one home and that he wasn't really into her.

Then she wanted him to say something to make her feel better, but he wouldn't -- which just made her try harder.

In the end she's just too smart and ambitious (career ambition, emotional ambition, relationship ambition) for him. No harm, no foul except that she didn't figure it out sooner and he didn't tell her.
Pretty much this. Andi was not only pissed off at JP, but also at herself for wasting so much time on the guy. And, for not coming to her senses sooner, even though deep down, she probably knew that it was going nowhere long ago. She just never faced that reality until the fantasy suite, at which time she realized that he REALLY has no substance intellectually. Then, in their final conversation (before she left), I think it just pissed her off, the more she talked to him, and got nothing but "It's OK" in return. Because, let's face it... JP is not smart, but he's also a bit of a bull####ter. How much of his schtick is stupidity, versus how much is BS, nobody really knows. But, I think it was just agitating for her to realize that someone could be that dumb and/or full of ####.

Essentially, there are plenty of D-bags like JP in the world. The difference is that relatively smart women usually pick up on the D-bags fairly quickly, but in JP's case, many were fooled for quite a while, due to his ability to throw them off-track (with his looks, "language barrier", making up rules about making out, etc.).

Soulfly3 said:

I think she probably (at least partially) realized it a long time ago, but was willing to look past it, hoping there was more substance to the guy. Then, after spending an entire night with him (and still not being able to have any meaningful conversation with him), she finally came to grips with what she should have a long time ago... JP is shallow, egotistical, and once you get past the initial attraction, he's pretty much the exact opposite of what most women are looking for (at least intellectually). He's very good at playing dumb, acting like he doesn't understand, getting women to make out with him (particularly when they're confused, or he does it to change the subject or distract them from reality), and playing the father/daughter card. Oh, and brushing hair out of their face. He's terrible at most everything else, in terms of building a meaningful relationship with someone. He probably knows that, and his defense mode (when somebody calls him out on it) is to say "It's OK" as a response to basically everything they say to him. It's like he has a few nervous "ticks" that he resorts to when he's uncomfortable (because he has nothing of substance to say). Brush the hair, shrug the shoulders, and say "It's OK" a lot. Get them to look you in the eye, and hopefully forget what it was they were thinking about (and then maybe make out with him). Rinse, repeat when the next girl seems to be losing interest, etc.

Pretty much this. Andi was not only pissed off at JP, but also at herself for wasting so much time on the guy. And, for not coming to her senses sooner, even though deep down, she probably knew that it was going nowhere long ago. She just never faced that reality until the fantasy suite, at which time she realized that he REALLY has no substance intellectually. Then, in their final conversation (before she left), I think it just pissed her off, the more she talked to him, and got nothing but "It's OK" in return. Because, let's face it... JP is not smart, but he's also a bit of a bull####ter. How much of his schtick is stupidity, versus how much is BS, nobody really knows. But, I think it was just agitating for her to realize that someone could be that dumb and/or full of ####.

Essentially, there are plenty of D-bags like JP in the world. The difference is that relatively smart women usually pick up on the D-bags fairly quickly, but in JP's case, many were fooled for quite a while, due to his ability to throw them off-track (with his looks, "language barrier", making up rules about making out, etc.).
bingo.....especially the part about being pissed at herself more than anything.....I think when all of these girls look back they will be a little embarrassed to see that they fell for his ####.....got to give them a little bit of a hall pass since they were jet setting around the world......but most people I think are now laughing at these girls for hanging in there so long.....this dude is not that great of a catch....

JP was nothing more than eye candy for women from the start.

He didnt say a damn thing last season when he was a contestant. how they expected that to change is beyond me. anyone who didnt have a ###### or wasnt gay KNEW this guy was a bust.

but women's panties were soaked from the moment they laid eyes on him, and the network capitalized.

he's gonna have to lean real hard on the Camilia and language barrier thing to survive the beating he will take next week and keep any moistness in said panties....

I still want to hear an explanation on why he thought it "wasn't fair" to spend a little extra nighty night time with Claire in the ocean but it was fair to let Nikki be the only one to meet his daughter/parents/ and bio mom.....

One thing to consider about JP: My wife says that part of the way he is is cultural, that hispanics shy away from confrontation. The only evidence I have of this is our housekeepers, who, inevitably, when they break something by accident say, "I fix, I fix, eets okay, eets okay". Obviously not a scientific sample.

he's gonna have to lean real hard on the Camilia and language barrier thing to survive the beating he will take next week and keep any moistness in said panties....

I still want to hear an explanation on why he thought it "wasn't fair" to spend a little extra nighty night time with Claire in the ocean but it was fair to let Nikki be the only one to meet his daughter/parents/ and bio mom.....
not that he'll explain it, but my theory is that Nikki is demure, and socially adroit enough not to make a scene when meeting the bio mom, so it was safe to bring her around Camilla. additionally, JP probably knew that a pediatric nurse would be comfortable around kids.

conversely, Claire is wild-card who could have seen meeting bio mom as some kind of chance for confrontation, so he backed off that possibility. choosing Andie or Sharleen (i think she was around at that time) would not have worked either because he would have had to offer more of an intellectual explanation for choosing either them to meet his daughter, which would have required way more effort to pull off.

not that he'll explain it, but my theory is that Nikki is demure, and socially adroit enough not to make a scene when meeting the bio mom, so it was safe to bring her around Camilla. additionally, JP probably knew that a pediatric nurse would be comfortable around kids.

conversely, Claire is wild-card who could have seen meeting bio mom as some kind of chance for confrontation, so he backed off that possibility. choosing Andie or Sharleen (i think she was around at that time) would not have worked either because he would have had to offer more of an intellectual explanation for choosing either them to meet his daughter, which would have required way more effort to pull off.
doesn't matter to me either way....it's just that that is a pretty big play....probably in these shows more than in real life.....but still...and it just seemed to get swept under the carpet.....it hasn't really been brought up since, and I am just interested to see the reaction of the other girls when they find out......they will probably think it was a pretty big deal and be pissed off as it gave Nikki a little edge in that JP has seen her around his daughter already.....and the daughter is being played as a huge part in this whole show.....unfortunatley we may not get to see Claire's reaction since she is still in the hunt....

Users who are viewing this thread