What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THIS SUMMER! (1 Viewer)

I'll play . . .

Raise a toast to St. Joe Strummer :banned:

I think he might've been our only decent teacher.

She gets pretty wasted at the celebrations,

benefits, and the building dedications.

It's always sunny in the morning!

Sucks around the ending of the night.

When she storms out of the restaurant,

I think you're supposed to chase her to the lights.

One boy hits her like a tambourine,

Another dissing me on her message machine.

I LOVE THIS ALBUM.
I listened to this one for about three weeks straight and now just randomize all four albums.'We used to count cards, now we sleep in our cars!'
They were here on Tuesday and I couldn't go. I've only had Almost Killed Me for a couple of weeks and it's just as good as the other three. This band is being slept on by most of America. Stop it, people!"She said it's good to see you back in a bar band, baby,

I said it's great to see you're still in the bars."

I LOVE THIS ALBUM.
I listened to this one for about three weeks straight and now just randomize all four albums.'We used to count cards, now we sleep in our cars!'
They were here on Tuesday and I couldn't go. I've only had Almost Killed Me for a couple of weeks and it's just as good as the other three. This band is being slept on by most of America. Stop it, people!"She said it's good to see you back in a bar band, baby,

I said it's great to see you're still in the bars."
I've seen them 7 or 8 or 9 times. Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Colorado. Been following them since Lifter Puller (which if you haven't already found them, I suggest you find them).Have you heard "Boys go for looks and Girls go for status?"

Or "You've gotta dance with who you came with?"

"He said: hey my name is Corey.

I'm really into hardcore.

People call me Hard Corey.

Don't you hate these clever people and all these clever people parties?"

Have you heard "Boys go for looks and Girls go for status?"Or "You've gotta dance with who you came with?"
Which one are these from?
None. Just random songs.
They played "You Gotta Dance" Tuesday night. The most obscure selection of the night. Big guitars. :wub: Also had one of the many "Charlemagne" references.
I was wanting to have a draft of Hold Steady fall back phrases.

Have you heard "Boys go for looks and Girls go for status?"Or "You've gotta dance with who you came with?"
None. Just random songs.
They played "You Gotta Dance" Tuesday night. The most obscure selection of the night. Big guitars. :wub: Also had one of the many "Charlemagne" references.
Anytime during the work day, I am down.

This was one of the bonus tracks on "Boys and Girls in America". Others...Arms and Hearts

Teenage Liberation

For Boston

None. Just random songs.
Did he get caught up in some complicated things?:wipesnoseandwinks:

I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but they've been playing thesse songs live since Separation Sunday. I didn't even know that Boys and Girls had bonus tracks. I've heard both Teenage Liberation and For Boston, but not Arms and Hearts. Gotta find that tonight...THANKS!

None. Just random songs.
They played "You Gotta Dance" Tuesday night. The most obscure selection of the night. Big guitars. :sarcasm: Also had one of the many "Charlemagne" references.
A couple times. It's too bad that she always going with whoever's gonna get her the highest. Tough break, that.

None. Just random songs.
They played "You Gotta Dance" Tuesday night. The most obscure selection of the night. Big guitars. :sarcasm: Also had one of the many "Charlemagne" references.
A couple times. It's too bad that she always going with whoever's gonna get her the highest. Tough break, that.
:cry:Hard drugs are for bartenders.

"My name's Rick Danko but people call me one-hour photo. I've got some hazardous chemicals. Drive around to the window."

sat reflecting on the resurrection.

talking loud over lousy connections.

she put her mouth around a difficult question.

she said lord what do you recommend,

to a real sweet girl who's made some not sweet friends?

lord what would you prescribe,

to a real soft girl who's having real hard times?

None. Just random songs.
They played "You Gotta Dance" Tuesday night. The most obscure selection of the night. Big guitars. :unsure: Also had one of the many "Charlemagne" references.
1.01 the Mississippi River

"The priest just kinda laughed, the deacon caught a draft,

She crashed into the Easter mass with her hair done up in broken glass,

She was limping left on broken heels when she said,

'Father, can I tell your congregation how a resurrection really feels?'"

None. Just random songs.
They played "You Gotta Dance" Tuesday night. The most obscure selection of the night. Big guitars. :unsure: Also had one of the many "Charlemagne" references.
1.01 the Mississippi River
SOD

Just when I had finally gotten this song out of my head... :unsure:

i've been dusted in the dark up in penetration park. i've been plastered. i've been shaking hard and searching in a dirty storefront church. i've been plowed. but i ain't ever been with your little hoodrat friend. what makes you think i'm getting with your little hoodrat friend?

Don't drop little hints, I don't want them to guess

Don't mention Tampa they'll just know all the rest

Don't mention bloodshed, don't tell them it hurts

Don't say we saw angels, they'll take us straight to the church

Saw'em at venue the size of my living room on Tuesday. Unbelievable.

My favorite song:

"We spent a few months just wandering the sonoma.

High as hell and shivering and smashed.

We were hoping for a vision quest.

We opened up three buttons.

But all we saw was desert trash."

"The priest just kinda laughed, the deacon caught a draft,She crashed into the Easter mass with her hair done up in broken glass,She was limping left on broken heels when she said,'Father, can I tell your congregation how a resurrection really feels?'"
"They got a mural up on East 13thThat says 'Hallelujah Rests in Peace'"

Just when I had finally gotten this song out of my head... :lmao:i've been dusted in the dark up in penetration park. i've been plastered. i've been shaking hard and searching in a dirty storefront church. i've been plowed. but i ain't ever been with your little hoodrat friend. what makes you think i'm getting with your little hoodrat friend?
"I was waitin' for my ride and I got jumped from behind. I got punctured.I got stopped by the cops and they found it in my socks. I got probed."

Awesome. I saw them at a similar type venue last year in Iowa City.My favorite show was December 31st, 2006. House of Blues in Chicago. I was right up front. They poured champagne in our empty beer cups so we didn't have to leave the area. I couldn't have been more inebriated. Happy Birthday, TheAristocrat.

;) Cornhole?
Realized you were probably there once I got there. I briefly considered yelling "DISCO STU!" as people were filing out to see if anyone turned around, but thought better of it. Saw Franz Nicolay and his Pringles can mustache in the bathroom right after the show.
lol. Unlike some of the other shows I've been to lately, there were actually a decent number of >24yo people there. So I may have been slightly harder to spot than usual. Though near me there was one group of mid30s guys, who looked like they played fantasy football. :thumbdown:

:D Cornhole?
Realized you were probably there once I got there. I briefly considered yelling "DISCO STU!" as people were filing out to see if anyone turned around, but thought better of it. Saw Franz Nicolay and his Pringles can mustache in the bathroom right after the show.
lol. Unlike some of the other shows I've been to lately, there were actually a decent number of >24yo people there. So I may have been slightly harder to spot than usual. Though near me there was one group of mid30s guys, who looked like they played fantasy football. :hifive:
Was one a portly Mexican that looks like Luis Guzman?

:D Cornhole?
lol. Unlike some of the other shows I've been to lately, there were actually a decent number of >24yo people there. So I may have been slightly harder to spot than usual. Though near me there was one group of mid30s guys, who looked like they played fantasy football. :hifive:
Possibly.

:shrug: Cornhole?
lol. Unlike some of the other shows I've been to lately, there were actually a decent number of >24yo people there. So I may have been slightly harder to spot than usual. Though near me there was one group of mid30s guys, who looked like they played fantasy football. :hot:
He was wearing Cowboys Crocs. I was embarassed.

:o Cornhole?
lol. Unlike some of the other shows I've been to lately, there were actually a decent number of >24yo people there. So I may have been slightly harder to spot than usual. Though near me there was one group of mid30s guys, who looked like they played fantasy football. :yes:
He was wearing Cowboys Crocs. I was embarassed.
Oh, sweet Jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread