What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (6 Viewers)

I love that it's a bunch of German scientists in what is probably a sterile atmosphere and what they come up with is mixing ranch & french dressing. And the ketchup was essentially ketchup.

Walt trying to show affection for his catatonic wife
I was waiting for a move like the end of the pilot episode, and was interested in what her reaction would be if he tried.
I'd say that an attempt will be made soon enough.
So soon that we just saw it. He's going for it at the end there. He backs off. Gets under the covers and gets back in there. You can see part of his hand squeeze her boob.

In all seriousness The uneaten breakfastthe unattended lasaga dinnerWalt trying to show affection for his catatonic wifeWalt is trying to hold on to something that isn't there anymore. He can't be Heisenberg and keep the things that were Walt's.The uneaten raisin bran, the smiley face - something you'd do for a small child, not for a near-adult. It's so symbolic of the fact that this idyllic home life is gone and in the past.
No you guys didn't watch the super secret spoilers that you only see if you squint at the TV funny during the commercials. It CLEARLY shows that Flynn is hooked on the blue meth and has lost his appetite, they just cut most of it out of the actual show. That is why Walt asked if he'd had enough. Pretty sure in the previews it showed Flynn holding that machine gun telling Walt he wanted his Meth NOW, and to get back in the lab and cook some more.

Thought this would make for a good laugh while we're in the mid-week waiting period til the next episode:

per OMG-Facts:

Production on Breaking Bad was briefly interrupted when Wendy the prostitute was solicited by a non-actor, mistaking her for a real prostitute.

My link

And lest we forget, Wendy's montage intro:

Last edited by a moderator:
One other clue for Hank that I don't think has been mentioned. The whole awkward way that Walt planted the bug on Gus' car and how, later on, all it showed was Gus going from Chicken Shop to home. He'll have to realize that Walt tipped him off.

Totally out-of-left-field question: did you guys get the impression that Schuler was eating chicken nuggets or tater tots in the beginning? There seems to be some dissension about it on another board.

Here are the sauces he dipped:

Honey mustard

half French dressing/half Ranch dressing

Cajun kick-ass

Smoky Mesquite BBQ

Ketchup

Now, if they had left ketchup off the plate, chicken nuggets would be the easy answer. But who dips chicken nuggets in ketchup. :X OTOH, ketchup is GREAT for tater tots, but not so much with those other dips.

Verdict?

:unsure:
:hey: when i first saw this scene.. i thought it was a tyson chicken commercial

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who don't listen to the Breaking Bad Insider Podcast, you're missing out. Jonathan Banks was awesome this week :)

But, they did confirm that it was tater tots, not chicken nuggets. (OH NO SPOILERS?!). Also, an interested discussion on how they made it - because of the way Vince wanted it to curl, etc they were originally made with frosting. And the Franch, which is the only one that had a closeup, the closeup was actually paint mixed with something else.

The Shining family portrait is freaking me out a little :unsure: And did the Cosby Huxtable family adopt a kid that I don't remember? :confused:
Found this link: http://www.kirkdemarais.com/printillustration.htmIt says commissioned by Kristen Wiig, and his name is Brian Petsos. I guess if you pay him, he'll add random people to the pictures too.

Users who are viewing this thread