What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (4 Viewers)

I like how they've worked a number of possible series endings into the final season:

.1 Hank wins and Walt goes to jail

2. Walt calls disappearing guy...

3. Walt turns himself in

Even 5A could have ended with Walt's retirement

Two Kings!

Sitting in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with all this worthless money.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always assumed Saul was covering his own behind somehow. Using lawyer-client privilege or whatever. So #### hits the fan and his life is over too? And he wasn't getting his share of the millions? What was the point?
Cops can get to Saul through Huell, right?

Four final scenes (I think) I'd like to see:

1. Huell finally gets off the couch and walks outside.

2. Todd and Lydia lying on the beach of a non-extradition country.

3. Walt, Gretchen, and Elliott dying together of ricin poisoning and falling into a pool, Don Eladio style.

4. Jesse adopting an orphaned Brock and teaching him how to say "#####".

didn't Hanak and Gomey have another agent guarding Huell?

if so, then after Hanka nd Gomey disappear, I'm sure he got squeezed for what he knew, so Saul definitely needed to run.

Wondering what happened to Kuby...

I am not sure we are getting the Hollywood wrap up here, I would not be surprised if the only deaths are Walt and maybe Jessie.

I am OK with a dark ending, but I hope Jessie bites it rather than living as a slave.

Can somebody give me the low down on Grey Matter - do not recall them. What season? What was Walt's involvement? Why would Walt want revenge on them (I don't think he does)?

There is no point to Jesse living. He has no family, the cops are looking for him and he doesn't have any money to give the vacuum guy to disappear him. Realistically there is no positive outcome for him.

Seems fairly likely that Jesse dies, at the least.

Can somebody give me the low down on Grey Matter - do not recall them. What season? What was Walt's involvement? Why would Walt want revenge on them (I don't think he does)?
The Gray Matter stuff was all in the past (chronologically, well before the events in the first episode of the series). References to it were made in several different seasons.

Season 1. Walt and Gretchen were an item and founded a company with the other guy. There was some falling out or breakup and Walt left the company for a nominal amount of money ($50,000 maybe? Can't remember). Now they are billionaires off of the work and research that he brought to the company. They offered to pay for his treatments and Skyler accepted but Walt wouldn't take the money. Earlier in S5 (or maybe it was S4) he told Jesse about Gray Matter and he clearly is deeply envious of their success. Them saying he was unimportant was a huge slight.

The Gray Matter stuff was all in the past (chronologically, well before the events in the first episode of the series). References to it were made in several different seasons.
Alright, then I doubt Walt has vengenace in mind for that group. It's got to be Jack et al.

Maybe Walt realized Jesse was alive when the blue resurfaced.

I disagree that Gray Matter is a dead issue. During last night's episode, the thing that infuriated him the most was that the Nazis stole his work. They'll get theirs, but for Elliot and Gretchen to completely write him off will not go unpunished, I think. I think a sit down where he puts ricin into their wine or something will do. By that point, Walt will be ready to die himself, I think, since he'll have no family, all vendettas settled, and nothing else to live for except chemo treatments.

There is no point to Jesse living. He has no family, the cops are looking for him and he doesn't have any money to give the vacuum guy to disappear him. Realistically there is no positive outcome for him.

I really hope it ends with Jessie killing Walt

I disagree that Gray Matter is a dead issue. During last night's episode, the thing that infuriated him the most was that the Nazis stole his work. They'll get theirs, but for Elliot and Gretchen to completely write him off will not go unpunished, I think. I think a sit down where he puts ricin into their wine or something will do. By that point, Walt will be ready to die himself, I think, since he'll have no family, all vendettas settled, and nothing else to live for except chemo treatments.
I hope you're right. The Grey Matter angle is very important to Walt's character.

I hope you're right. The Grey Matter angle is very important to Walt's character.
Gretchen and Elliot aren't sitting down and having wine with Walter White.

:lmao: I love this thread.

Then leave a ricin-laced letter in their mailbox? :shrug:

For them to eat?

For them to eat?
:lmao:

I love this show. It is my favorite thing on TV, and has been for several years. On a related point, my friends and family over the years have made fun of me for not liking anything if it was remotely light, soft or fluffy, always leaning towards depressing material.

I made the first statement to give some context because I don't think I have said this about a piece of art before, but it is too much for me. Of course I will watch next week, and am looking forward to it, but the unrelenting bleakness of the show these last few weeks has weighed on me.

I guess that's the point right? I feel like we are being punished (like David Chase did with Tony Soprano near the any). "You rooted for bad-### Heisneberg...now I am forcing you to look what your 'hero's' hubris and impetuousness hath wrought."

I always assumed Saul was covering his own behind somehow. Using lawyer-client privilege or whatever. So #### hits the fan and his life is over too? And he wasn't getting his share of the millions? What was the point?
He's a criminal laywer. Once everything came to light on Heisenberg, the heat's going to turn way up on him as well. Plus, Huell is missing so he may assume he's turned informant.

He's not going after Grey Matter. He had given up after his son told him to #### off and that was the way to get him moving again. I'd be pretty surprised if we saw them again.

I do wish they had shown some of the local news clips about him. I like that kind of stuff.

Kind of sad to think of Saul spending the rest of his days managing a Dairy Queen. :-(
it certainly looked to me like Elliott's comments really upset him. Obviously he wants the money but if he can't give it to his family, what's his end game now?

He's not going after Grey Matter. He had given up after his son told him to #### off and that was the way to get him moving again. I'd be pretty surprised if we saw them again.

I do wish they had shown some of the local news clips about him. I like that kind of stuff.

Kind of sad to think of Saul spending the rest of his days managing a Dairy Queen. :-(
it certainly looked to me like Elliott's comments really upset him. Obviously he wants the money but if he can't give it to his family, what's his end game now?
If Walt gets his money back from the Nazis, perhaps he can can make Elliott and Gretchen launder the money. Not sure how, but they seem to be rolling in dough.

Anybody downplaying the importance of Grey Matter completely missed a huge part of this series.
It's not downplaying Grey Matter, but they were mentioned maybe twice in the past 4 seasons. The thing to take away from that scene was that Walter white is dead - Heisenberg is all that's left. That combined with the call with Flynn smacks him in the face. There's no getting his family back, there's no redemption, time to go kill the nazis and finish it.

Also Walter has never (literally speaking) sought and killed an innocent. Slighting him on tv doesn't send him on a rampage because he got dissed, yo.

I don't think some of you understand how notorious Walt is right now. In fact, I am a little shocked that they played up him going to Denny's and back to the house. Carol had to call the police immediately right?

He's not going to be able to just roll up to Grey Matter and have a sit down with them. I guess he can blast away at them with his new found weapon but that's not really his style. He needs that for the nazis.

I just don't see how they come back into the story.

All that's ostensibly left for him is to protect the kid, but unless they took the kid I'd assume he's in state custody for now..

I still think that new little sideplot is a little sloppy and wasn't really necessary to show how desperate Todd is to impress Lydia, or how awful things have turned out for Jesse.

Everything's set up for him to kill the bulk of the Nazis with the gas from a tweaked batch of meth. I hope he does it but who knows.. things are equally set up to end as miserably as possible.

I don't think some of you understand how notorious Walt is right now. In fact, I am a little shocked that they played up him going to Denny's and back to the house. Carol had to call the police immediately right?

He's not going to be able to just roll up to Grey Matter and have a sit down with them. I guess he can blast away at them with his new found weapon but that's not really his style. He needs that for the nazis.

Yeah I'm not sure how he's even supposed to get out of BFE, NH, after he gave up his location.

Yeah I'm not sure how he's even supposed to get out of BFE, NH, after he gave up his location.
Exactly. Every major roadway would be locked down.

For them to eat?
I thought it was something that can kill you if you merely came into contact with it.

Users who are viewing this thread