What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (1 Viewer)

anything STRONG

Stop it
The shooting in Vegas made us #VegasStrong, which is a rip-off of the Boston Marathon’s #BostonStrong, but now Coronavirus has resulted in signs about town.  Apparently we are now #VegasStronger, which must mean we weren’t as #VegasStrong as we thought we were.  Someday we will be #VegasStrongest.

The shooting in Vegas made us #VegasStrong, which is a rip-off of the Boston Marathon’s #BostonStrong, but now Coronavirus has resulted in signs about town.  Apparently we are now #VegasStronger, which must mean we weren’t as #VegasStrong as we thought we were.  Someday we will be #VegasStrongest.
I am pronouncing this like grace jones in boomerang. 

How are people using "sesh"?

Is it like, "This is some really good sesh beer"?
Next time I can order at a bar i am using this. Maybe summon my inner Mikey. 

I'll have an IPA in a glass, please. Any IPA will do, as long as it's not a red, of course. Pale malt, Lagunitas daytime sesh, terrapin recreation sesh, harpoon take 5 sesh, perhaps, any sesh.”

Honeymooners did it (simp) way back in the mid 50s  :shrug:
Wasn't the original intent/meaning of this term "simpleton" as opposed to "a guy who is subservient to a woman"/cuckold type of connotation?

How was it used in the Honeymooners? I certainly know the latter meaning is the one that's intended by today's zoomers.

Wasn't the original intent/meaning of this term "simpleton" as opposed to "a guy who is subservient to a woman"/cuckold type of connotation?

How was it used in the Honeymooners? I certainly know the latter meaning is the one that's intended by today's zoomers.
six of one, half dozen of the other ... wouldn't shock me if Gleason & co. were serving up some ham on wry with theirs. 

It is What It Is. I cannot stand when people say this especially when defending something they really don't have an explanation for of why it's right and not wrong. Just seems like a cop out

"snowflake" 

Look it up it's a derogatory term in the LGBTQ community. I won't post what it means here as it's inappropriate. 

Beu cannot stand this especially when girls use it as a sub to saying Boyfriend. If I had a GF who said this I'd instantly dump her without warning

Shawty not sure what it even means but I cannot stand when people use it. 

"When another older guy calls you son" Dude I'm not your son why are you even calling me that? You don't call a girl not your own "hey daughter so why hey son?" 

real big on facebook - sames ladies that are big on wine and like to use the term "besties" when talking about their friends

and when they wear things they like to say they are "rockin" them  
Bolded submitted for retirement. 

Also calling someone who is not an actual rock star a rock star

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread