What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (5 Viewers)

Annual list of banished words is out: lssu.edu/banished

Agree with pretty much all, except that I didn't really perceive this epidemic misuse of "problematic."
So, the word receiving the most nominations was already banished, so LSSU had to use it one more time as the first word discussing the list of banished words.

So, if the wordsmiths at Lake Superior State University get their way, this is the last time a story lead like this will ever make it into print or broadcast.

I was on a conference call this morning and someone said they were "already rolling the ball".

I almost threw myself into traffic for that.

Someone at work was debriefing a self assessment and said we need to "re-snap the chalk line" for reinforcement of standards. One of the managers praised the individual for his metaphor. :X

Could the term "action plan" be any more vaguer or more overused?

I was told to bring one (if I had one) to a training session today. I think I was supposed to come up with one the last time we had a training session. Pretty sure I didn't.

If they ask me about it I think I'm going to hand them a sheet of paper with the head heading "ACTION PLAN".

And then "1. Come up with an Action Plan"

I was told to bring one (if I had one) to a training session today. I think I was supposed to come up with one the last time we had a training session. Pretty sure I didn't.

If they ask me about it I think I'm going to hand them a sheet of paper with the head heading "ACTION PLAN".

My boss wants me to work on an Action Plan for my group.

Ugg

More vaguer? :oldunsure:

As in "Vaguiest"

As in "Vaguiest"
Or as the Mexicans say, "Las Vaugest".

Was just prompted with this for something at work:

Click the icon to action plan on an item.

GFD... I have seen it used as a verb before but not at my school...yet. I'm going to stab someone with a geometry compass the first time it happens.

GFD... I have seen it used as a verb before but not at my school...yet. I'm going to stab someone with a geometry compass the first time it happens.
:lol:

Now THAT is one hell of an action plan!!! Bravo!

bae and boo
Oh don't even get me started. Someone asked me to take a look at a social networking site that is basically like an "open Facebook" which is 90% dominated by the 18-25 crowd. I would list some of the words/phrases (that I had to look up) that are part of the common lexicon of kids these days, but it'd probably just confuse the holy hell out of all of you.

E2A: Said person was thinking about starting something similar and wanted me to check it out from a tech perspective.... in case you were wondering. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone at work was debriefing a self assessment and said we need to "re-snap the chalk line" for reinforcement of standards. One of the managers praised the individual for his metaphor. :X
WTF does that even mean? How do you "snap" a line that was drawn in chalk? That's just stupid.

WTF does that even mean? How do you "snap" a line that was drawn in chalk? That's just stupid.
Seriously? Can't tell if fishing but chalk line tools have been used in construction for like ever.

Seriously? Can't tell if fishing but chalk line tools have been used in construction for like ever.
Ah, that kind of chalk line. Got it.

Dots ....? and...dabbin ...I'm punching the next person who says dabbin in the face...I'm not kidding..That has to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard and or seen.

I've got a contractor using "optic" at every meeting.

"let's put an optic on the millwork order" .... fiber-optic? wtf? it's an oldie, I know, and still a baddie.

"hot take" is being used a little too much at this point.
Radio guys like Lebatard seem to think they can ridicule hot takes thereby clearing the way for their own hot takes. Not so much.
I did laugh today when they said "Wade Phillips looks like a guy on a bottle of BBQ sauce" and "Gary Kubiak looks like a ski instructor at Aspen". About the only segment I enjoy is this one. Going to miss Jim Tomsula as comedic fodder next fall.

Users who are viewing this thread