What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (4 Viewers)

They did a close-up of his face today that said it all. He had bewilderment, anger and sadness written all over his face. It's like the guy who used to be able to go to a bar and women would just flock to him, who now goes out and wonders why the women just aren't falling at his feet anymore. He just can't understand why he just can't go back to being like that. That is what Tiger Woods' face said today.

They did a close-up of his face today that said it all. He had bewilderment, anger and sadness written all over his face. It's like the guy who used to be able to go to a bar and women would just flock to him, who now goes out and wonders why the women just aren't falling at his feet anymore. He just can't understand why he just can't go back to being like that. That is what Tiger Woods' face said today.
There's a bunch of ladies in here who still fawn all over Tiger.

Honestly what did it for me is the club drop in his backswing. 4 times. You'd never see that in his heyday. Probably my favorite golfer of all time but he just seems done. Hope he has a late career surge at some point but I think the Golden Bear Is almost definitely out of the woods.

What makes Finless' call even more crazy is he called it well before this full on collapse happened.

Guy could own even the best shticksmen on this board. I miss him a lot.

Greatest call in the history of the Internet. Not even really arguable

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't watch any golf today (busy with kids, on vacation), but did not get a single birdie off a full shot today? He was +4 on par 3s/4s, -3 on par 5s. I presume he either 2 putted for birdie or was pin high after his second then got up & down for his 4 on #s 2, 8 & 13?

Hyperbole much?

Hyperbole much?
Not really. You the guy confused about what cut line means, right?

Yeah, while I agree that it is more interesting when Woods is in contention, this isn't 2004. You know it's bad when one of Woods biggest fans here is wanting to bet that he even makes the cut at a major. Winning a major used to be the standard; now making the cut is considered bet-worthy.

After the tee shot that careened 30 degrees to the right and he threw his first tantrum, ESPN showed Eldrick walking down the fairway and his face was covered in sweat. He was funing and barely in control.

Eldrick is a very pissed off man, and he won't win #### until he settles down.

The whole Par 3 thing with family was a display and not reality. This isn't a "Kinder" Eldrick...this is Eldrick faking it.

After the tee shot that careened 30 degrees to the right and he threw his first tantrum, ESPN showed Eldrick walking down the fairway and his face was covered in sweat. He was funing and barely in control.

The whole Par 3 thing with family was a display and not reality. This isn't a "Kinder" Eldrick...this is Eldrick faking it.
:lmao:

Golf pisses people off. A lot of people. You sign your card and say f it let's go get some tacos.

Yeah after the press conference I was thinking maybe we'd see poised and controlled Tiger again. He shot 73 which is phenomenal, all things considered. But the horrible errant shots with subsequent meltdowns haven't gone away. I think he'll make the cut but will be an afterthought by Saturday afternoon.

He's gonna say he's not content with 73 but I think inside he's relieved with that score and how he played. He hit some nice shots today. Made a couple of nice saves. Pounded a few drives too.
there's glimpses of Tiger in there. Problem is he just doesn't have the razor fine edge you need. So if you blast 6-10 shots into the trees or onto the wrong side of the green, you're talking 73-75 territory. Bring that number down to 2 shots and you're talking 69. His short game was good enough for a 68-9 number, but hsi long game was looking like 75-77 teritorry

Beautiful chip to within 7 feet. Hovering just above the cut line.
There is a cut line on Thursday?
Actually there is one before the tourney starts. It's top 60 and anyone within 10.
Thought it was top 50 +10 for the Masters?
Yeah, Top 50 and ties and anyone within 10.
A gem for Jack White since he loves these. Another all-time favorite from page 38. This thread is hilarious.

He actually smiled and said he's happy with the result when the espn guy mentioned the 73. I believe him when he says it was a lot of work to get back to this point. If he can stay healthy, who knows, maybe he challenges in some tournaments this year.

the upside is he held it together to shoot a 73, which easily could have been a 77 or worse if you're talking John Daly meltdown.

the downside is he shot a 73. He's got to tighten up the tee shots and irons.

7:45 a.m. -- Ian Woosnam, Erik Compton

7:56 a.m. -- Trevor Immelman, Kevin Stadler, Scott Harvey

8:07 a.m. -- Ben Martin, Robert Streb, Cameron Tringale

8:18 a.m. -- Sandy Lyle, Seung-yul Noh, Bradley Neil

8:29 a.m. -- Bernhard Langer, Bernd Wiesberger, Geoff Ogilvy

8:40 a.m. -- Zach Johnson, Jim Furyk,Ernie Els

8:51 a.m. -- Angel Cabrera, Louis Oosthuizen,Matias Dominguez

9:02 a.m. -- Mark O'Meara, Chris Kirk, Shane Lowry

9:13 a.m. -- Padraig Harrington, Ryan Palmer,Thomas Bjorn

9:24 a.m. -- James Hahn, Mikko Ilonen,Hunter Mahan

9:35 a.m. -- Matt Kuchar, Brooks Koepka,Graeme McDowell

9:57 a.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Henrik Stenson, Billy Horschel

10:08 a.m. -- Fred Couples, Branden Grace, Thongchai Jaidee

10:19 a.m. -- Luke Donald, Victor Dubuisson, John Senden

10:30 a.m. -- Tiger Woods, Jamie Donaldson, Jimmy Walker

10:41 a.m. -- Jason Day, Sergio Garcia, Rickie Fowler

10:52 a.m. -- Charley Hoffman, Brian Harman

11:03 a.m. -- Larry Mize, Danny Willett,Byron Meth

11:14 a.m. -- Tom Watson, Gary Woodland,Camilo Villegas

11:25 a.m. -- Mike Weir, Ben Crane, Corey Conners

11:36 a.m. -- Vijay Singh, Russell Henley, Darren Clarke

11:47 a.m. -- Jose Maria Olazabal, Brendon Todd, Kevin Na

12:09 p.m. -- Jonas Blixt, Kevin Streelman, Stephen Gallacher

12:20 p.m. -- Patrick Reed, Keegan Bradley, Ian Poulter

12:31 p.m. -- Miguel Angel Jimenez, Lee Westwood, Anirban Lahiri

12:42 p.m. -- Bubba Watson, Justin Rose, Gunn Yang

12:53 p.m. -- Adam Scott, Dustin Johnson,Antonio Murdaca

1:04 p.m. -- Morgan Hoffmann, Steve Stricker, Matt Every

1:15 p.m. -- Ben Crenshaw, Bill Haas,Jason Dufner

1:26 p.m. -- Webb Simpson, Hideki Matsuyama, Paul Casey

1:37 p.m. -- Charl Schwartzel, Joost Luiten, Sangmoon Bae

1:48 p.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy, Ryan Moore

1:59 p.m. -- J.B. Holmes, Martin Kaymer, Brandt Snedeker

He's gonna say he's not content with 73 but I think inside he's relieved with that score and how he played. He hit some nice shots today. Made a couple of nice saves. Pounded a few drives too.
there's glimpses of Tiger in there. Problem is he just doesn't have the razor fine edge you need. So if you blast 6-10 shots into the trees or onto the wrong side of the green, you're talking 73-75 territory. Bring that number down to 2 shots and you're talking 69. His short game was good enough for a 68-9 number, but hsi long game was looking like 75-77 teritorry
Exactly. He is just having a real hard time putting all 4 phases of the game together. Not doing all of them well at the same time. He actually drove the ball great much of the back 9. Chipped great all day. But didn't putt that well on birdie tries (though he did make a bunch of 5 foot saves). His irons were not Tiger like. Several blocks.

Faldo has been saying for 2 years that Tiger can't be consistent with the dropping of his head 6+ inches in his downswing. He's absolutely right. Why don't any of his swing gurus get him to do stay level? Seems so basic. #### - it's one of my swing keys and I'm you're average FBG golfer.

He's still in this. Needs to get to -3 or so tomorrow to have a chance. Tees off early. We'll know soon enough
no - freaking - way. If he goes 3 under tomorrow he'll still be 10 behind Spieth with 30 players in between him and the leader. Done. Would love to see it - but this is not the tournament to try to find precision. Need to have it before you get here.

Errant tee shot hits a spectator, they need medical attention, 7 over after 4 holes, ow my back, whisked away in an Escalade without talking to the media IMO.

:lmao:

Golf pisses people off. A lot of people. You sign your card and say f it let's go get some tacos.
Yup. Jordan Spieth acts like that all the time. Bubba Watson is even worse, maybe the worst temper on tour. They both seem to handling Augusta OK these days.

He's ready. This is going to be a big day. Stay near your televisions and inner webs, people.
I dont think he goes low or anything.

I actually think the 73 was a sign of improvement (sad I know)

He showed no ill effects of the back. He seemed to have a strong short game although I think he wussed out a couple times and instead of chipping he hit something safer. I did like the lofted wedge he hit on 8 instead of the amateur shot.

All things considered, I think this is a positive first step.

Is there any stat on his putting or greens hit in regulation from yesterday to measure out how he got to that 73? Sportsline seemed to indicate his short game saved him yesterday.

I think people are burying the lede here: Will Tiger eventually shave his head or is he going to sport the bald top with hair on the sides look? Guy was blessed with golf talent, but God got the yips when he was working on his hairline.

Tiger did really good at scrambling and finally is starting to look like a real golfer for the first time in a year.Still a long ways to go for him but that at least was encouraging.

Users who are viewing this thread