What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (3 Viewers)

Here's the thing- if you have a driver,  you have someone who knows where you were and who you were with. (and for how long)
Good point.  But like you see many examples of players going out and they drive knowing they will be partying.  Just hire a driver.  Tiger is a different animal but in that case he must have security right?  

my hunch is he wasn’t intoxicated or anything.  Likely was just driving fast or it was truly an accident.  

We'll see, but it wasn't weather or traffic or any of that.  That road is as easy as it gets.  He was either having fun gunning it down and just F'd up, or he overdid it with some partying and/or meds that carried over into Tuesday morning and zombied the Genesis. 

All nighter at Terranea, imo.  He's human.

Here's to another miracle comeback!
People on the radio/news said that road has accidents all the time and when the sun comes up, you cant see anything. 

maybe he was just on pain meds for his back those things do make you sleepy so it could just be something simple and innocent like that i hope he is ok and can keep playing take that to the bank brohans   

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Based on the description of the injury,  his already shaky skeletal system and his age....he's done. 

Awful,  but at least he's alive. Gets to see his kids grow up.

I figure his career is over but...will he be able to walk again? Play golf for pleasure? Dance at his daughter’s wedding? Hoping for the best here. 
I keep thinking about the Alex Smith injury and all the infections and such he suffered.

With the way Woods' legs were presumably crushed, I would think he has a tremendous risk for infections as well. Scary and sad all at the same time.

Hope he recovers.

I figure his career is over but...will he be able to walk again? Play golf for pleasure? Dance at his daughter’s wedding? Hoping for the best here. 
I’m not sure about playing pro level golf again but he will be fine with the other stuff. Motocross riders have these types of surgery and recover just fine. 

I keep thinking about the Alex Smith injury and all the infections and such he suffered.

With the way Woods' legs were presumably crushed, I would think he has a tremendous risk for infections as well. Scary and sad all at the same time.

Hope he recovers.
The very good ProFootball Doc makes a similar point here.

No one knows the likelihood of playing Major level golf again...and the injuries haven’t even been clarified to the point that you can say his return to that level is doubtful.

Texting and Driving?

Too soon?
That was my first thought.   Might have just looked down for a second heading into the curve.  I did the same thing my self a few years ago and crossed the center line on a 2 lane road in an instant.

Golf career is probably over but I am sure he will be in the booth for a long time to come.    

No one knows the likelihood of playing Major level golf again...and the injuries haven’t even been clarified to the point that you can say his return to that level is doubtful.
Right tibia broken in multiple places, penetrating the skin.  As well as foot/ankle breaks, plus removing the outer layer of leg muscles to deal with swelling.  Rods and screws in place.  Long road ahead for a guy with pain killer problems for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point.  But like you see many examples of players going out and they drive knowing they will be partying.  Just hire a driver.  Tiger is a different animal but in that case he must have security right?  

my hunch is he wasn’t intoxicated or anything.  Likely was just driving fast or it was truly an accident.  
Or he was distracted while driving fast (phone). We don’t know.

It sucks for him though. But he is so lucky to be alive and will still live a long life hopefully with his kids. That crash looked bad. 

People on the radio/news said that road has accidents all the time and when the sun comes up, you cant see anything. 
I'll pass on the "people on radio shows".  And LOFL at the sun coming up.  It's already been stated by the sheriiff's dept that weather was not a factor.  People on here yesterday were talking about the marine layer, too, remember that?  Except that there was no marine layer.

He was either texting (doubt it going around a turn that fast), or is back on the pain meds and nodded off.  Hello, we know he likes those.  Again, no skid marks.

I'll pass on the "people on radio shows".  And LOFL at the sun coming up.  It's already been stated by the sheriiff's dept that weather was not a factor.  People on here yesterday were talking about the marine layer, too, remember that?  Except that there was no marine layer.

He was either texting (doubt it going around a turn that fast), or is back on the pain meds and nodded off.  Hello, we know he likes those.  Again, no skid marks.
You stated it is an “easy road”. I’m saying that other people are not agreeing with you. But apparently you seem to be the expert on what happened.

It's too bad it's his right leg and ankle that was injured. Not the preferred leg to be hurt for a right handed golfer. Without knowing the exact areas and severity of the ankle fractures it's impossible to predict if he can recover sufficiently enough to play on tour again. One thing is for sure, he'll get the best care money can buy. Haven't heard anything about his back so assuming he didn't further injure the area where he had surgery it could be a positive that now he'll have extra time for that to heal. Athletes return to contact sports after gruesome bone breaks all the time, granted he's much older than those athletes. If I were to guess I would say better than 50-50 he's able to play again. Probably won't be the same guy but he'll try to get back out there.

It's too bad it's his right leg and ankle that was injured. Not the preferred leg to be hurt for a right handed golfer. Without knowing the exact areas and severity of the ankle fractures it's impossible to predict if he can recover sufficiently enough to play on tour again. One thing is for sure, he'll get the best care money can buy. Haven't heard anything about his back so assuming he didn't further injure the area where he had surgery it could be a positive that now he'll have extra time for that to heal. Athletes return to contact sports after gruesome bone breaks all the time, granted he's much older than those athletes. If I were to guess I would say better than 50-50 he's able to play again. Probably won't be the same guy but he'll try to get back out there.
We pretty much know at this point. Two places where both the Tibia and Fibula were shattered and broke through the skin as well as major ankle breaks. They essentially had to put his right lower leg back together and they performed a fasciotomy on the muscles in the calf. Very significant injury, way more than just broken bones.

I’m not sure about playing pro level golf again but he will be fine with the other stuff. Motocross riders have these types of surgery and recover just fine. 
I think the difference, though, is the lower body motion for a golfer.  The twisting and turning of the legs and ankles will be seriously hindered for a long time, I'd expect.  

i have to think that the injuries hes gone through are going to significantly prevent any rehab he was doing for his back for a while and that the rehab he will now have to do for his legs will be hard on his back once it gets going basically he has a long drive of bad road ahead of him but man he is like adrian peterson i think the best way to get tiger healthy would be to tell him he cant play again and then just watch him overcome it and kick butt once more so hey that is what i am rooting for and i will worry about rooting against him later on take that to the bank brochachos 

I think the difference, though, is the lower body motion for a golfer.  The twisting and turning of the legs and ankles will be seriously hindered for a long time, I'd expect.  
I agree, but playing a rec round with his kids should be in his future, even if it’s 5 years from now

CGRdrJoe said:
Or thought he could take the corner and whoops
He's a 40'ish elite athlete with great reflexes.  Wouldn't it make since that his reaction would be to hit the brakes at some point?

Careening over a median at high speed with no sign of brake use seems a bit odd.

PinkydaPimp said:

He should have hired Ronnie Mund away from Stern.  He’s never ratted his boss.  

The universe seems to be telling him something. Several car accidents and dozens of surgeries. Even the glutes are going to have problems  firing after this. Can he even get car insurance at this point?

The universe seems to be telling him something. Several car accidents and dozens of surgeries. Even the gluten are going to have problems  firing after this. Can he even get car insurance at this point?
several?

He had one where he was trying to take off from his wife hitting his car with a golf club and hit a fire hydrant

One dui

ANd this accident.

This was really his only one if you want to count the fire hydrant 

:shrug:

several?

He had one where he was trying to take off from his wife hitting his car with a golf club and hit a fire hydrant

One dui

ANd this accident.

This was really his only one if you want to count the fire hydrant
There was evidence of him hitting something in the DUI incident in 2017.   That's three single-car crashes.   Qualifies as several.

Cjw_55106 said:
You stated it is an “easy road”. I’m saying that other people are not agreeing with you. But apparently you seem to be the expert on what happened.
Brother, I've been down that road hundreds of times, literally.  It's a cakewalk.  But apparently you and "other people" on the "radio/news" seem to be the experts.

All-aged drivers have been using it for like 50 years to go to work in the morning.  It's the main artery in and off that hill.  A ton of cars use it daily.  None of them are driving straight off it, no skid marks to boot, on a clear and dry as a bone Tuesday morning.

Tiger Woods almost crashed into a car driven by the director of "Grown-ish" minutes before his near-fatal crash that left him hospitalized with multiple leg injuries on Tuesday.

According to "Grown-ish" crew member Oliver Konteh, the TV show's director arrived to set shortly before 7 a.m. on Tuesday claiming that Woods, 45, came close to striking his vehicle.

"He was like, 'Yeah, you know what? I almost got in an accident with f--king Tiger Woods. He almost hit me,'" Konteh quoted his director, who has not been identified, to TMZ.

The "Grown-ish" crew members have been staying at the Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes -- the same resort as Woods. It was there Konteh claimed his director saw Woods and described the athlete appearing "agitated and impatient" as his vehicle was blocked by another before he "took off fast."

Brother, I've been down that road hundreds of times, literally.  It's a cakewalk.  But apparently you and "other people" on the "radio/news" seem to be the experts.

All-aged drivers have been using it for like 50 years to go to work in the morning.  It's the main artery in and off that hill.  A ton of cars use it daily.  None of them are driving straight off it, no skid marks to boot, on a clear and dry as a bone Tuesday morning.
The one guy in particular that I saw on the news claims to live on the street and said there’s accidents all the time. Granted, I would imagine most of them are not single car accidents. Lack of skid marks does not mean lack of braking. In any case, you have a narrative that you feel comfortable sticking to and I doubt you are going to change your mind.

Rodrigo Duterte said:

“The sheriff noted the area has a “high-frequency of accidents” saying they are not uncommon due to the downhill slopes and curves on the road.”

yahoonews 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Can it just be an accident?   

From what I read Tiger was running a little late like we all have been before and might have looked down for a second and bam.  It happens everyday.

From what I read Tiger was running a little late like we all have been before and might have looked down for a second and bam.  It happens everyday.
Running late to meet Drew Brees...my complete speculation is he was calling/texting to give them an ETA and slammed into the median.

It definitely could’ve been a regular accident, but:

1. Single car rollover accidents where the vehicle jumps the median aren’t exactly commonplace.

2. There are reports Tiger almost hit another vehicle earlier that morning.

3. Tiger recently had back surgery, has a history of issues with painkillers and a DUI.

4. Road/weather conditions were good.

Short of Tiger admitting something was awry, an eye witness or a positive toxicology screen, what else would raise your suspicion this wasn’t a routine accident?

My two cents...he is done playing professionally. Who cares about the circumstances, glad he is ok. The amount of massaging his balls in this thread is disgusting. If this was anyone else you could care less.

Willie Neslon said:
50/50 you say? Don't take too big of a position on this story Willie, it's not worth it. 

It definitely could’ve been a regular accident, but:

1. Single car rollover accidents where the vehicle jumps the median aren’t exactly commonplace.

2. There are reports Tiger almost hit another vehicle earlier that morning.

3. Tiger recently had back surgery, has a history of issues with painkillers and a DUI.

4. Road/weather conditions were good.

Short of Tiger admitting something was awry, an eye witness or a positive toxicology screen, what else would raise your suspicion this wasn’t a routine accident?
A few more details:

-they were filming a show at the hotel he stayed at that day

-a vehicle (possibly one for the show) reportedly blocked him in for quite a while when he trying to leave and he appeared agitated about it

Kinda matches up with the idea that he was running late and drove way too fast and likely angry.

I could totally see a situation where he’s driving too fast because he’s both late and angry, looks at his phone to see/send a text or something and *boom* he’s out of control and flipping.

ChiefD said:
On a side note, I think it's incredible how that vehicle held together during that accident.

For him to come out of that with leg injuries and with the cabin basically intact speaks to how well that car was built. Amazing.
Honestly, Hyundai must be getting some serious positive PR out of this accident because of how the vehicle withstood the accident.

Users who are viewing this thread