What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (2 Viewers)

Saludos

They are super comfortable, breathe and aren't Mr Porter ridiculous. I bought a pair for last summer and got compliments. They're well made for about 2 summers before they'll fall apart.
 Not a huge fan of the espadrilles style sole but some of the lace up uppers there are decent. Sperry actually made a canvas shoe that was similar that was perfect. Of course it's no longer in production. The search continues. 

leather sandals, penny loafers, etc. + shorts is the mullet of footwear

business on the feet, party on the legs?

you're either wearing shorts and a t-shirt (polo, max) & flip flops because you're drinking/relaxing. or you're at a formal event and should be wearing pants of some sort, with appropriate footwear.

pants + flip flops are fine depending on the weather at a casual event. but never shorts and dress shoes.. or whatever the non-flip flop or sneaker options are.
You kind of make my point here. When I am at a resort or warm weather summer party,  I'm walking that line of being casual (and avoiding the heat), but not overly so.  It's a good opportunity to step the game up a bit.  This usually constitutes a short sleeve button down a la Varvatos or Ted Baker, a higher end pair of shorts (or slim linen jeans), and something on the feet. For the past few years, it has been Olukais, but I've always felt that was mailing it in. 

ETA that I reserve pants and flip flops for running errands around town when I JDGAF, but that's about it.  It's not a good look.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an invite to an outdoor casual wedding.  Bride and groom are telling people to wear shorts.  No way am I wearing shorts to a wedding.  

Going with pink button down shirt and navy blazer. I'm new to the pocket square scene.  What color?

Got an invite to an outdoor casual wedding.  Bride and groom are telling people to wear shorts.  No way am I wearing shorts to a wedding.  

Going with pink button down shirt and navy blazer. I'm new to the pocket square scene.  What color?
white, imo

maybe green

Whatever color you feel like ,stay away from pink . I'd go purple with a 2 point fold

You are gonna look like a dweeb with you pink shirt and blazer and sweaty pits and ####. wear ####### shorts and relax

You are gonna look like a dweeb with you pink shirt and blazer and sweaty pits and ####. wear ####### shorts and relax
Yep and no baggy cargo shorts.  I'm surprised at how many white people still wear these monstrosities #Murica 

do you have linen pants and a linen button down?

White 

If everyone just went through their closet every 2 years, and threw away EVERYTHING they haven't worn in 1 year....they'd feel better about themselves.

And the less fortunate would be much better dressed
:yes: been doing this for the last 20 years. Helps that we moved every few years. 

What are you rolling with for resort footwear?  This should be a lot easier than it is.  Boat shoes overplayed.  Loafers clunky.  The right moc seemingly impossible to find.  What's the play here?
Sanuk leather flip flops love these, might just be my favorite clothing item.  These aren't the exact ones I have, but close.  Bought them at the beach 3 years ago, wear them a lot. 

I never wear suits but had to get one for grad school interviews. Now I need shoes.

What's a good dress shoe for a blue suit? Does anyone wear wingtips anymore,?I kind of like those but they're bordering on tacky.
You plan to wear the suit and these shoes pretty much for just these interviews, right? 

the moops said:
He refuses to wear what the bride and groom told him to. Dork! 

That and the occasional wedding or whatever. I'd like them to last for awhile so I don't have to go through this again. I got a nice suit but I'm not looking for $4-500 shoes.

More like this:https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2072673/crosby-square-brady-plain-toe-derby?color=BLACK

or this:https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2072670/crosby-square-thomas-wingtip-derby?color=BLACK 
Dark brown with Navy, not black. 

Check out Loake. Well made, good price.

That and the occasional wedding or whatever. I'd like them to last for awhile so I don't have to go through this again. I got a nice suit but I'm not looking for $4-500 shoes.

More like this:https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2072673/crosby-square-brady-plain-toe-derby?color=BLACK

or this:https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2072670/crosby-square-thomas-wingtip-derby?color=BLACK 
It only makes sense to spend anything meaningful if you plan to wear them more than, say, twice a year. 

the moops said:
Wow tough crowd.

It wasn't an order to wear shorts, more of a "shorts are ok".  

Honestly, I think I look like a dweeb in shorts.  I probably don't own the right shorts and shoes anyway and didn't have time to go out this week  

But hey, at least thanks for being civil in your reply. 

Dark brown with Navy, not black. 

Check out Loake. Well made, good price.
Black is fine with navy. If you're only wearing these at formal business events, like an interview, black would be my preferred choice. 

I never wear suits but had to get one for grad school interviews. Now I need shoes.

What's a good dress shoe for a blue suit? Does anyone wear wingtips anymore,?I kind of like those but they're bordering on tacky.
A nice wingtips is never tacky.

Key is how formal you want to be. The plainer the shoe, the more formal. 

Wow tough crowd.

Honestly, I think I look like a dweeb in shorts.  I probably don't own the right shorts and shoes anyway and didn't have time to go out this week  

I can vouch for this (you will look like a dork in shorts)

stick with your plan 

Why anyone would pay hundreds of dollars for shoes is beyond me. You can get a much less expensive good pair of comfortable nice looking shoes for around a hundred or less - probably less.
I've worn dress shoes for 20+ years at work on a daily basis and there's no comparison between a $300-$400 shoe and a $100 or less shoe. The $300-$400 shoe will simply last longer (and look nice the whole time).  Plus you can resole them. I wore my first nice pair for about 10 years before the upper got a gash that could not be repaired. I fully expect to wear my current Allen Edmonds for 10-15 years at least. 

Now I am not sure what significant benefits there are to shoes that are more than that (say a $1,000 pair).

I like the stuff on undandy.com pretty good.  It's still higher but at least under 2 mostly.  

$250-300 shoes make a cheap suit look nice. On the flip side  $75 shoes make a $1000 suit look lousy 

I'm a big fan of Allen Edmonds shoes

Wow tough crowd.

Do you wear a button down and khakis to fantasy draft? You live in the Nati.  We don't do that here! Go ahead and break out the salmon pants while you're at it. 

I have it on good authority that Shuke was clearly best dressed there 

Sport coat and shorts clearly worst dressed. 

And some people seemed to think that Day wedding = polo shirt, can't be too hard on that crowd as they aren't expected to know any better  

I have it on good authority that Shuke was clearly best dressed there 

Sport coat and shorts clearly worst dressed. 

And some people seemed to think that Day wedding = polo shirt, can't be too hard on that crowd as they aren't expected to know any better  
:stalker:  

In fairness to them, the groom was telling people to wear shorts and a polo.  But I know better thanks to all the experts in here.
 I wonder how far he could have pushed it. Like, if he said it's cool to wear a t shirt would people have shown up in them? 

8 yr anniversary of this thread today.  :style:

----

Post #1 from 7/2/09:

Sitting there in your tight jorts and red Nebraska Cornhusker logo'd crocs and wondering if it's a good look?

Ready to slip on your brown boat shoes with your black double breasted suit?

White wife beater with or without the gold neck rope chain?

Questions about style? Fire away and I (and I'm sure many others) will give an opinion on it.

I'm looking for a online store that sells Doc Martens, Keds or Chuck Taylors. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread