What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

caught "Wind River" last night. Renner was pretty good and Elizabeth Olsen was a bit miscast but not horribly so. the problem with the film isn't the acting but rather the script. it's can't quite decide what it wants to do.

i disagree i loved wind river it was just a good story that was intresting and hey the scenery is nice honestly my lady and i watched it and decided we want to get back to wyoming before we are dirt so bam take that to the bank brochachos

Action Comedy - Game Over, Man!    

Adame Devine gets on my nerves but overall this movie is worth the time.  Its not ground breaking but if you liked Workaholics you'll like this movie

3 out of 5

i disagree i loved wind river it was just a good story that was intresting and hey the scenery is nice honestly my lady and i watched it and decided we want to get back to wyoming before we are dirt so bam take that to the bank brochachos
I'll second you brohan, loved Wind River but that's why we have this thread, isn't it?

I stumbled across Our World War this weekend and thought it was pretty good. Only 3 episodes detailing the stories of 3 British WWI veterans in their own words. They tell the story and at the end of the episode they either have the verteran imself or read his letters explaining a little bit about the episode. Pretty well done by the BBC except for the hoky running scenes (watch it and you'll know what i mean). Think of it like a poor mans Band of Brothers for WWI. Wish there were more episodes but I suspect they ran out veterans and funding.

caught "Wind River" last night. Renner was pretty good and Elizabeth Olsen was a bit miscast but not horribly so. the problem with the film isn't the acting but rather the script. it's can't quite decide what it wants to do.
Agreed.  Interesting enough to watch all the wall through but far from great.  2.5/5

Been making my way thru the series they have way after they were popular:

Stranger Things - lost me at episode 5.  Started getting repetitive in the flow of each episode.  Out.

American Vandal - B+ - Funny at times, not a big time investment and clever parody.  Will finish it.

Narcos A - Got thru Season 2.  Will check out Season 3 soon.  Huge fan.  

Crown A+ - Loved it.  New season is soonish. 

Based on these ratings what is next for me if I push back NarcosS3 for a bit?

Stranger Things - lost me at episode 5.  Started getting repetitive in the flow of each episode.  Out.

American Vandal - B+ - Funny at times, not a big time investment and clever parody.  Will finish it.

Ozark on Prime.  

I almost gave up on Dark after a couple episodes and glad I didn't...it's gotten really really good with 2 more to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peaky Blinders

I just finished a series called Tabula Rasa.  It's foreign language (Belgian) so, obviously, subtitles I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of my favorite series that I have seen thus far.  A woman who suffers from amnesia due to an auto accident is the last person to see Thomas before his disappearance. Detective tries to push her to remember what happened and there's a few nice twists included along the way. Shot in 9 episodes - roughly one for each day he has been missing. Shot with flashbacks to 3 months prior to present day. Not a lot of action, no nudity and little swearing. The acting is superb IMO and I was really into the story.

Thinking about it afterwards there's some plot holes but nothing that takes away from my overall impression.

The first 3 episodes are a bit slower as the story is built so you have to be willing to give it some time.

I just finished a series called Tabula Rasa.  It's foreign language (Belgian) so, obviously, subtitles I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of my favorite series that I have seen thus far.  A woman who suffers from amnesia due to an auto accident is the last person to see Thomas before his disappearance. Detective tries to push her to remember what happened and there's a few nice twists included along the way. Shot in 9 episodes - roughly one for each day he has been missing. Shot with flashbacks to 3 months prior to present day. Not a lot of action, no nudity and little swearing. The acting is superb IMO and I was really into the story.

Thinking about it afterwards there's some plot holes but nothing that takes away from my overall impression.

The first 3 episodes are a bit slower as the story is built so you have to be willing to give it some time.
I've been on a foreign series kick lately, this one was on the list...gonna bump it up to the top. Will finish up Dark tonight and maybe start that one.

Not happy with a few starts, I'm re-watching Breaking Bad and The Wire. Binge a season of one then the other. Two seasons of BB down and on s3e4 of The Wire. 

Punishers - watched the whole first season and it's amazing. I've heard some people say it starts too slow, but you can't just have him jump in and start shwacking people from the jump. I don't mind a little bit of setup. I thought the addition of the Micro character for him to play off was good. hoping next season with a potential Jigsaw beef will be just as good.

Peaky Blinders - I've tried this a couple times, but just can't seem to get into it, which is weird because I like organized crime stuff. maybe I need to devote a few hours and get through a few episodes at once. but I really don't like Cillian Murphy, so maybe he's bringing it down for me.

Stranger Things - season 1 was great. season 2 was not. probably won't bother with season 3.

sometimes I'll go on NF intending to watch something new, but end up just going down the rabbit hole of watching some of my favorite episodes of The Office, Always Sunny, Arrested Development, etc. :shrug:

Punishers - watched the whole first season and it's amazing. I've heard some people say it starts too slow, but you can't just have him jump in and start shwacking people from the jump. I don't mind a little bit of setup. I thought the addition of the Micro character for him to play off was good. hoping next season with a potential Jigsaw beef will be just as good.

Peaky Blinders - I've tried this a couple times, but just can't seem to get into it, which is weird because I like organized crime stuff. maybe I need to devote a few hours and get through a few episodes at once. but I really don't like Cillian Murphy, so maybe he's bringing it down for me.

Stranger Things - season 1 was great. season 2 was not. probably won't bother with season 3.

sometimes I'll go on NF intending to watch something new, but end up just going down the rabbit hole of watching some of my favorite episodes of The Office, Always Sunny, Arrested Development, etc. :shrug:
:shock:

Just an FYI, but it gets surprisingly political as it goes along as he they deal with the history of the foods themselves.  It starts with the "shrimp and crawfish" and "BBQ" ones and then deals with it head-on in the "fried chicken" and "fried rice" episodes.  It's quite well done since he has guys like David Simon who can bring the big themes together, but the first two episodes are starkly different than than the end. 

As an aside, it's pretty obvious that this started as "Let's eat food with my famous friends" project and at some point they realized they were really going in and addressing some of these issues head on.  
I just finished the series last night and I really like all aspects that they cover each episode. The philosophical discussions about origin, fusion, politics, social influence plus all the travel aspects makes this one of my favorite food shows.

keep looking at this... but I think I'm over the story-line being all about the protagonist or other key character not remembering things and the season/story revolving around memory coming back bit by bit.

Anyone watching/watched Requiem?  British ghost or occultist drama.  Slow build, 4 episodes in of a total 6 and still not sure where it's gonna lead.  Well done, IMO, keeps you in "what the heck is going on?" mode 

Watched this over the past two days.  Parts really disturbing.  I did like the last episode.  It wrapped up cleanly.
Yeah def not a feel good show...I didn't know until after I watched but I guess the actress who played Hardy's SiL is his wife... Not at the time but they married a few years later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Action Comedy - Game Over, Man!    

Adame Devine gets on my nerves but overall this movie is worth the time.  Its not ground breaking but if you liked Workaholics you'll like this movie

3 out of 5
Watched this the other day. Way, way, way too much gratuitous male nudity for me.

Finally watched:

Extras - loved this show

Faulty Towers - great show

also

Sneaky Pete Season. 2 on Prime...it will never be BrBa or The Wire, but remains solidly entertaining...another strong season IMHO

The Take on Amazon Prime is pretty good... Only four episode investment and Tom Hardy
I found this too just recently. 

I enjoyed it very much despite it being a little disturbing. 

Was this Hardy’s breakout role? He’s such a good actor. His character reminded me of the one he played in Peaky Blinders. Probably the accent. 

oh- wow. I always remember feeling disappointed that it wasn't monty python... but still laughing. haven't seen it in probably 30 years. it's on Netflix? 
Yes

it was made in the 70s, so slightly dated...it’s not Python, and it has some of the trappings of a traditional sitcom, but it’s clever and funny and well ahead of its time...

Kids programming review here with Amazon's "Thunderbirds Are Go" reboot. I have only seen clips of the original series from the UK frpm back in the 70's. It is hard to imagine, I know, but CGI animation makes the original style with the puppets still there. It's a little baffling but I think it's fun how they want to honor it all. It's all very James Bond meets Johnny Quest with gadgets, vehicles and arch villans. Very kitschy but my 8 yo son is loving it. 

Users who are viewing this thread