What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (12 Viewers)

2011 Draft was totally bombed by Cleveland. Traded pick 6 for a bunch of junk. Many great players before and after their pick.

With pick 6 they could have had Pro Bowl players Julio Jones, Aldon Smith, Tyron Smith, J.J. Watt, even Robert Quinn at pick 14. But No, they had to make trades and got Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson who they eventually traded and got Johnny Manziel with that pick. UGH! Terrible.

The new regime can't do any worse than the previous ones. They could have had a monkey draw names out of a had and gotten better players.

We always say the new regime can't be worse.

Then they find a way...
I have said this and been wrong like 10 years in a row now. WHere is the BOTTOM of this crap
How can you be so positive?

The audacity to suggest that a bottom exists, Who do you think you are? A fan of a REAL NFL team or something?

--------------------------------

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/browns/cleveland-browns-player-armonty-bryant-indicted-on-felony-drug-charges

Cleveland Browns player Armonty Bryant indicted on felony drug charges 1:44 PM, Feb 10, 2016 CLEVELAND - Cleveland Browns' linebacker Armonty Bryant has been indicted on felony drug charges after being cited during a traffic stop on Interstate 71 Christmas morning.

According to an indictment from the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Bryant was indicted Tuesday on two counts of felony drug possession.

De'Ante Saunders, who was driving Bryant at the time of the traffic stop, was indicted for improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle, a felony. Saunders was reportedly released from the team in December.

The players were pulled over on I-71 southbound in Brook Park for going 75 mph in a 60 mph zone.

Ohio State Highway Patrol officials said Bryant was in possession of Adderall. Troopers also found a concealed handgun with no permit.

According to court documents, marijuana, oxycodone and one other gun were found in the car.

At the time of the arrest, General Manager Ray Farmer released the following statement:

We are aware of the arrests of De'Ante Saunders and Armonty Bryant after a traffic stop early Friday morning.

These are charges that we take very seriously. The importance of responsible decision-making is something we continually stress to all members of our organization, which makes it extremely disappointing that these two individuals would put themselves in this situation by making such poor decisions.

Armonty will be inactive on Sunday for our game against the Chiefs and will not travel with the team to Kansas City so he can tend to this personal legal matter.

In addition to being a pending legal matter, this incident is subject to the NFL personal conduct policy and we have no further comment at this time.

Call me overly optimistic, but I feel like in 2-3yrs, w this system in place, we'll start being respected again.

Something actually FEELS different this time.

Call me overly optimistic, but I feel like in 2-3yrs, w this system in place, we'll start being respected again.

IF they find the right QB, and IF they can start drafting and signing better talent, sure, it's possible. right now, the Browns are considered to have one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

Goff is going to turn this franchise around.

OH, and a mgmt that doesnt completely slaughter our draft picks.

and that awesome coach

Last edited by a moderator:

IF they find the right QB, and IF they can start drafting and signing better talent, sure, it's possible.right now, the Browns are considered to have one of the worst rosters in the NFL.
Not long ago at all, we were "on the rise" and nationally people were starting to talk about the Browns. With a few good moves, and like you say some quality drafting and player acquisitions, we'll be right back to that point.

Two majorly huge (that's big) things we have going for us right now..... ONeil is gone. The offensive system should be stable for more than 1-2 years with Hue on board.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer expects the Browns to take a quarterback at No. 2 overall.

Beat writer Mary Kay Cabot expects the Browns to take a signal caller "unless something unforeseen happens in free agency" or a trade. As in, the team lands an acceptable starter. That's highly unlikely in this year's market. Kay Cabot expects the Browns' choice to come down to North Dakota State's Carson Wentz or Cal's Jared Goff. All of this was said with the caveat that it remains very early in the process. Neither Wentz nor Goff are viewed as slam dunk top 10 picks at the moment. A "highly-respected personnel man" told the paper last month that the Browns should take Wentz.

Well, I'd prefer Goff, personally... But as long as we take one of the 2, I'll be stroking it w delight.

IF they find the right QB, and IF they can start drafting and signing better talent, sure, it's possible.right now, the Browns are considered to have one of the worst rosters in the NFL.
Not long ago at all, we were "on the rise" and nationally people were starting to talk about the Browns. With a few good moves, and like you say some quality drafting and player acquisitions, we'll be right back to that point.

Two majorly huge (that's big) things we have going for us right now..... ONeil is gone. The offensive system should be stable for more than 1-2 years with Hue on board.
Yes, the key to getting better as a team is the acquisition of good players. :mellow: ;)

Soulfly3 said:
I'll be stroking it w delight.
why do guys say stuff like this?

i don't care if you're homosexual, just keep that stuff to yourself, this is a football board, not a fetish site.

Rotoworld)In an interview with PFT Live, Browns QB Josh McCown said he will help mentor a young quarterback next season if that is what he is asked to do.

Analysis: "My expectation is to come into work and be available and be ready to do whateverÂ’s asked of me," McCown said. "If thatÂ’s to bring along a draft pick and to start until that guyÂ’s ready, then IÂ’m willing to do that. If thatÂ’s to go the full 16, IÂ’m excited about doing that." McCown was surprisingly effective at times last season, but the 36-year-old is not the future for Cleveland. McCown should run out the final two years of his deal as a veteran backup and mentor.

(RotoWire)Ekpre-Olomu is approaching full health in his recovery from a torn ACL, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports. In an Instagram post, Ekpre-Olomu clarified, "I'm not quite 100 [percent] yet but I'm close and in the next couple of weeks I'll show you some of the progress I've made."

Analysis: Ekpre-Olomu would have been a near certainty in the Top 50 of the 2015 NFL draft, but a torn ACL and dislocated knee bone suffered during an Oregon practice in Dec. of 2014 caused his stock to tumble. Instead, the Browns took a flyer on the cornerback in the seventh round, after which he continued his rehabilitation under the watch of a professional medical staff. While Ekpre-Olomu won't have a chance to show off his progress in public until the offseason program commences in April, he expects to take part in its entirety.

Should the Browns look at Laurinitis or Long now that the Rams have cut them?  Have to think either may be an upgrade over current personnel.  Also have an opening on the DL with Starks being cut earlier this week.

Should the Browns look at Laurinitis or Long now that the Rams have cut them?  Have to think either may be an upgrade over current personnel.  Also have an opening on the DL with Starks being cut earlier this week.
Meh.  They're both on the wrong side of their prime and this team isn't winning in 2016 anyway.  If Dansby is axed and Little Animal is brought in for a leadership role (because he's a very mediocre ILB) then so be it.  Otherwise, need to get younger.

Video by 49er beat writer speculating four reasons why San Francisco QB Colin Kaepernick could be traded to the Cleveland Browns.

See video at the bottom of the article.

----------

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article61654057.html

Video: Four reasons why Kaepernick could go to Cleveland

Colin Kaepernick's status for 2016 is in limbo and one of his most devoted fans just landed a job as the Cleveland Browns' head coach. Could Hue Jackson lure the 49ers quarterback to Cleveland? Matt Barrows discusses the issue.

The Sacramento Bee

Today's initial dimensions from the combine

Goff      6'4 height  215lbs 9 in hands

Wentz   6'5 height  237lbs 10 in hands

(Rotoworld) The Browns are working to restructure Alex Mack's contract ahead of the March 4 opt-out deadline. Analysis: The assumption has been that Mack would opt out, but he may have had a change of heart after sitting down with new head coach Hue Jackson. Browns director of football operations Sashi Brown is optimistic a deal will be reached before the March 4 deadline. As it stands now, Mack has three years and $24 million remaining on his contract.

Post combine, Im more sure than ever that Goff is the right pick. 

Wentz impressed me tho, I wont lie... But Goff was silky smooth, composed, and just wow.

Today's initial dimensions from the combine

Goff      6'4 height  215lbs 9 in hands

Wentz   6'5 height  237lbs 10 in hands
Both of them performed well in workouts but 'according to reports' Goff didn't ace the interview process.

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Saturdays-Standouts-Include-Goff-Fuller/d8911886-beb1-4a73-9055-f0e27f7e704b

Saturday's Standouts Include Goff, Fuller

Posted 17 hours ago

Tony Pauline

It was a battle among the top quarterbacks on Day 2 of workouts of the NFL Scouting Combine. Meanwhile, the receivers and tight ends had a slow day. These were the best performances on Saturday.

1. QB Jared Goff, Cal - Goff made a statement at the Combine today as to why I think he’s the top-rated quarterback in the draft. The junior signal-caller stood out in every way. His timing and anticipation were on the money despite the fact Goff was throwing to receivers he was unfamiliar with. Goff showed great accuracy and pass placement, gently placing throws into receivers' hands. It was a big-time performance by Goff, who was under a lot of pressure.

2. QB Carson Wentz, North Dakota State - Wentz had a stronger arm than Goff though he wasn’t as accurate. Still, he had a very impressive Combine workout. He showed the ability to make all the throws and, like Goff, his timing was incredibly impressive. Receivers were almost never waiting for passes to arrive and Wentz had the ball to them as they exited breaks. He showed great arm strength and the ability to power the ball into targets.

Charlie Campbell ‏ @ DraftCampbell 22m 22 minutes ago

Sources with the Cleveland Browns say Jared Goff's interview was poor. He was very nervous. On Carson Wentz they say "Stud. Absolute Stud."

I saw this interview that Goff did at the Super Bowl with PFT and he comes across very awkward.

Check it out:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/03/jared-goff-says-hell-do-everything-at-combine/

^^^^

I shouldnt have to tell you this... But... Perhaps that's what the Browns WANT people to think?
Don't do your standard knee-jerk reactive post without looking at that interview that Goff did at the Super Bowl where he wasn't under the sort of pressure he would be with a formal Combine interview where they really grill prospects with all sorts of tricks to apply pressure in order to force a reaction.

As a matter of fact if you saw the public podium PR meeting that both of the QBs had with the press you will notice that a woman constantly interrupts every one of the players who is at the podium with very loud announcements over a loud speaker.  That is a trick by the NFL to see how prospects react to disturbances.  If they get flustered, etc.  

But don't listen to any reports.  Judge for yourself.  Go to the link and take five minutes and you tell me what you think of Goff in that Super Bowl interview where Florio was serving up soft ball questions and even helped him to try and shill for a drink company where Goff completely blew it  The kid is not good with interviews IMHO so I believe the reports that he did poorly at the Combine.

Wentz and Goff both look really good. Hesitant to say this and hex the pick, but not sure CLE can make a wrong decision or bad pick between them. That said, I think they should and will take Wentz. He is bigger and more resilient which is important in the violent AFC North, and has a bigger arm to cut through the elements when the weather turns in the Fall. 

Wentz and Goff both look really good. Hesitant to say this and hex the pick, but not sure CLE can make a wrong decision or bad pick between them. That said, I think they should and will take Wentz. He is bigger and more resilient which is important in the violent AFC North, and has a bigger arm to cut through the elements when the weather turns in the Fall. 
They are different QBs in terms of how they are built.

Go to the link to see the chart diagram that visually shows how prospects stack up.

The take-away from this data is at the left to see which QBs they physically are similar to.

http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/6502/

Jared Goff
QB, California
2016 draft

• Height: 6' 4"
  • Weight: 215
  • Arm Length: 32¾"
  • Hand Size: 9"
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.82
  • Vertical Jump: 27"
  • Broad Jump: 110"
  • 3 Cone Drill: 7.17

Similar Players (Lower score = more similar)

Robert Kent (2004): 2.4772193242347 (86.8%) 
Kyle Wright (2008): 2.6777707679355 (85.9%) 
Collin Klein (2013): 2.7149938280129 (85.7%) 
Tom Brandstater (2009): 3.0592373513976 (84.2%) 
Christian Hackenberg(2016): 3.1560753116806 (83.9%) 
Ryan Tannehill (2012): 3.2400263390176 (83.5%) 
Teddy Bridgewater(2014): 3.246304402702 (83.5%) 
Brian St. Pierre (2003): 3.4441579290453 (82.8%) 
Jeff Smoker (2004): 3.6616187462558 (82.1%) 
Bernard Morris (2008): 3.8882937758136 (81.4%) 

http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/6592/

Carson Wentz
QB
2016 draft

• Height: 6' 5"
  • Weight: 237
  • Arm Length: 33¼"
  • Hand Size: 10"
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.77
  • Vertical Jump: 30½"
  • Broad Jump: 118"
  • 3 Cone Drill: 6.86

Similar Players (Lower score = more similar)

Ben Roethlisberger(2004): 4.3390837627178 (80.1%) 
Jason Campbell (2005): 4.655710256193 (79.3%) 
Carson Palmer (2003): 4.7960695159984 (78.9%) 
Jason Fife (2004): 4.8268398274068 (78.9%) 
Zach Mettenberger(2014): 4.9344587567637 (78.6%) 
Jerrod Johnson (2011): 4.9456682530181 (78.6%) 
Brock Osweiler (2012): 4.9533069360769 (78.6%) 
Blake Bortles (2014): 5.1484067324366 (78.1%) 
Jeff Driskel (2016): 5.2175475553751 (78%) 
Kevin O'Connell (2008): 5.3346170368372 (77.7%) 

---

Wentz reminds me a lot of Roethlisberger and Palmer.
Haven't done enough research on Wentz but I was onto him back in December before the bowl games and was very positive on him at that time.  He's risen IMHO since then.  

Love lots of Goff's game but the physical thing does concern me.

Here is the list of all 16 starting QBs selected in the draft dating back to 2006, only one, Ryan Tannenhill, had the small 9' sized hands that Goff has,

I find it interesting that of all of these QBs who did not start their first or second years where they haven't had as much experience and opportunties, Tannenhill is the only one who has not either:

1. Won rookie of the Year
  2. Been selected to the Pro Bowl
  3. Taken his team to the playoffs
---------------

1 Jay Cutler BroncosVanderbilt

1 Matt Ryan Falcons Boston College

1 Joe Flacco Ravens Delaware

1 Matthew Stafford Lions Georgia

1 Sam Bradford Rams Oklahoma

1 Cam Newton Panthers Auburn

2 Andy Dalton Bengals Texas Christian

6 Tyrod Taylor Ravens Virginia Tech

1 Andrew Luck Colts Stanford

1 Ryan Tannehill DolphinsTexas A&M

3 Russell Wilson Seahawks Wisconsin
1 Blake Bortles Jaguars Central Florida

1 Teddy Bridgewater Vikings Louisville

2 Derek Carr Raiders Fresno State

1 Jameis Winston Buccaneers Florida State

1 Marcus Mariota Titans Oregon

------------

If you were curious, here are the 1st round QBs taken since 2006 who are not currently starting.  None of them had 9' sized hands.

1 22 Johnny Manziel Browns Texas A&M

1 16 E.J. Manuel Bills Florida State

1 2 Robert Griffin III Redskins Baylor
1 22 Brandon Weeden Browns Oklahoma State

1 8 Jake Locker Titans Washington
1 10 Blaine Gabbert Jaguars Missouri
1 12 Christian Ponder Vikings Florida State

1 25 Tim Tebow Broncos Florida

1 5 Mark Sanchez Jets USC
1 17 Josh Freeman Buccaneers Kansas State

- na -

1 JaMarcus Russell Raiders Louisiana State
1 22 Brady Quinn Browns    Notre Dame

1 3 Vince Young    Titans    Texas
1 10 Matt Leinart Cardinals USC

@AdamSchefter  45s45 seconds ago
Browns C Alex Mack is voiding the 3 years remaining on his contract and is set to become a free agent, per source. One more free agent OL.

@AdamSchefter  3m3 minutes ago
Alex Mack had 3 years, $24M remaining on deal and could once again become NFL's highest paid C. Return to Cleveland still "very possible."
Man,  if Mack stays,  lot of people will have been wrong about that one.  Myself included.

Users who are viewing this thread