What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (13 Viewers)

Actually had a dream of Mayfield playing and he threw a BOMB td to someone, no idea who... The crowd was going bananas. 

That should be happening on Thursday. 

I was 100% on board with the "sit Baker as long as necessary" crowd.... But the fact that we could 100%, very easily be 2-0 right now against stud teams, and leaving thursday 3-0, makes me nauseous. 

Baker mayfield could be the BIGGEST qb name in the nfl this morning, moreso than Mahomes, if they'd have started with him in week 1.

Browns 2-0, under BM.

dammit
Just happy to see you didn't exit, stage left off the 480 bridge with the news about Gordon. Had to be a tough weekend for you.

Just happy to see you didn't exit, stage left off the 480 bridge with the news about Gordon. Had to be a tough weekend for you.
Nah. Sucks he's leaving the Browns but i knew it wouldn't last past next year. 

Still my fave player and VERY interested to see where he lands

Browns bringing in Blair Walsh (ex-Vikings/Seahawks) and Cairo Santos (ex-Chiefs/Bears) for workouts today.

Dan Bailey reportedly turned down the Browns yesterday.

When Tyrod threw that deep ball on fourth down to Callaway I thought that he overthrew it and that Callaway had no-chance to catch it but he had the 3rd highest speed recorded in the NFL this season

Seems Dorsey got a true deep-threat in the 4th round.

Dorsey also drafted the guy with the top speed, last year in Tyreek Hill who owns the top-two fastest recorded speeds in the NFL this year.

He also drafted the phenom QB kid who started his 3rd NFL game and is already setting records and  torched the Steelers for 6 TDs.

We may have found ourselves a real talented GM considering how well Genard Avery and Denzel Ward played in the first game and how much improved Desmond Harrison played at LT yesterday.

Can't wait to see what Baker does when he gets his shot.

-----------------------------------

Jordan Zirm‏Verified account @clevezirm

FollowFollow @clevezirm

per Next Gen stats, Antonio Callaway hit a top speed of 21.48 mph on that 47-yard touchdown catch. That's the third fastest top speed reached so far this season, second only to Tyreek Hill, who owns the top two spots

9:07 AM - 17 Sep 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing for Dorsey is he's not starting with a roster devoid of talent.

These two guys are entering their 2nd seasons.

We've got talent on this team and are getting better.

-----------------------------------------------------

Myles Garrett:

Matt Waldman‏Verified account @MattWaldman

FollowFollow @MattWaldman

Myles Garrett: -Waits a 1/4 of a beat after snap to let blockers slide inside. -Works inside-out to set up TE. -Gets skinny inside edge blocker. -Turns Inside pad to target. -Drops weight inside, -Extends and wraps so hands meet. -Drop weight and hold on.

---------------------------------------------------------

Larry Ogunjobi, folks.

BrownsFilmBreakdown‏ @BrownsFilmBDN

FollowFollow @BrownsFilmBDN

Larry Ogunjobi, folks. Play 1: bull rushed Max Unger (#60) into the backfield, disrupts RB flow and recovers for a tackle. Play 2: dominant club/rip to blow past the Unger for the sack. These 2 plays cause push back & missed FG. Game changing stuff.

This was the best they could do?

Browns signed K Greg Joseph.

Zane Gonzalez — who has had the season nightmares are made of — will be sent packing. We have never heard of Jospeh. He is an UDFA out of Florida Atlantic, where he converted just 69.5 percent of his field goal attempts in Conference USA. We wish the Browns good fortune.

Does he have a pulse?  

Then he's better than Gonzo.

See ya Thursday, looking forward to see what Darnold does and both QBs are going to be up against tough defenses.

Hopefully no major injuries on a short week.
I hope he is - I just would have thought they would have brought in a veteran kicker after having Gonzalez cost them so much.

I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about giving the Browns their first win in close to two years. The Browns defensive front is nasty and the Jets' o-line is terrible. Jets defense has looked very good as well, despite a few costly mistakes on this past Sunday. If they do a better job on containing Taylor's runs then they did with Tannehill I expect a pretty low scoring game.

It should be a fun game. Too bad Mayfield is still on the bench or this would have been an even better matchup. I'm very pleased with Darnold so far, but he's a rookie so can't expect him to carry a team - but maybe he has a small chip on his shoulder this week.

Browns bringing in Blair Walsh (ex-Vikings/Seahawks) and Cairo Santos (ex-Chiefs/Bears) for workouts today.

Wow, another nail in the Hue Jackson coffin.

Check this out.

Hue started a kicker with a groin injury.  No excuses but are ya kidd'n me?  

----------------------------------------------------------

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

FollowFollow @AdamSchefter

Turns out Browns' kicker Zane Gonzalez, who is losing Cleveland's kicking job this week, has been kicking with a groin injury that requires an MRI today, per source. Browns could reach an injury settlement with him or put him on waivers, injured.

9:43 AM - 17 Sep 2018

----------------------------------------------------------

What da F???

No words.

Meh, the "groin injury" could just be an excuse for both sides to save some face.

Jackson gets to say "I didn't know he was injured" and Gonzalez gets to say "I wouldn't have missed all those kicks if I didn't get that last-second groin injury!"

The odd O-Line decision was a head scratcher but check out the three page in-depth story by MKC Browns kickoff feature in the PD on the kid.

He is a 'legit' OT candidate with first round talent and he needs PT in order to develop.

I was with everyone questioning that decision but I'm board now. 

I think the kid has a legit shot to become a player. 
Desmond Harrison looked a LOT BETTER yesterday against the Saints than he did last week.

----------------------------------------

Orange and Brown Rpt‏ @TheOBR

FollowFollow @TheOBR

Orange and Brown Rpt Retweeted Brian Spoon

RE: Harrison at LT against the Saints

Orange and Brown Rpt added,

Brian Spoon @BrianSpoon

Replying to @FtblSickness

2 pressures allowed in 35 pass block snaps and fifth best offensive grade

10:19 AM - 17 Sep 2018

---------------------------------------

If he turns out to be just a 'solid' or 'good-nuff' LT then it puts us in a much better position when Baker takes over.

If he turns out to be just a 'solid' or 'good-nuff' LT then it puts us in a much better position when Baker takes over.
Might want to wait until Hue Jackson is gone... don't want to ruin a number 1 pick. I'm not just talking about losing his coaching gig, but you need him at least 2 states removed from Ohio before doing this. 

How bad of an organization do you have to be for an out of work kicker to refuse to even try out with you? I try to find positives every off-season, but this is just really a kick-in-the-nutz kind of reality check.

Still my fave player and VERY interested to see where he lands
In all seriousness, I have to ask, why? What has he done to earn your admiration? One good season followed by years of letting down the organization. I can't find anything praise-worthy about the guy.

How bad of an organization do you have to be for an out of work kicker to refuse to even try out with you? I try to find positives every off-season, but this is just really a kick-in-the-nutz kind of reality check.
Bailey had said before that he would only sign with a winner.

Bailey had said before that he would only sign with a winner.
I didn't know that. Really hadn't heard anything from him since he was cut. Good to know I guess. Apparently he was one of the smart ones that saved his money and is in a position to be able to decide if he wants to play on or not. Kind of refreshing in its own right.

We 'might' get something out of Gordon yet.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

FollowFollow @RapSheet

From @gmfb: The #Browns are expected to be able to trade WR Josh Gordon before 4 pm today and the trade compensation should be legit.

Meh, the "groin injury" could just be an excuse for both sides to save some face.

Jackson gets to say "I didn't know he was injured" and Gonzalez gets to say "I wouldn't have missed all those kicks if I didn't get that last-second groin injury!"
yep. classic cya move on both sides.  

We 'might' get something out of Gordon yet.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

FollowFollow @RapSheet

From @gmfb: The #Browns are expected to be able to trade WR Josh Gordon before 4 pm today and the trade compensation should be legit.
anything above a 5th round pick i’ll be pleasantly surprised.  

anything above a 5th round pick i’ll be pleasantly surprised.  
Thier was a the clip attached to that tweet where Rappaport says up to a 4th but it could be 'significant' compensation since any deal would be contingent on how many games Gordon played etc..which 'could' bump it up to a 4th plus 'extra' picks which seemed like lower picks but ANYTHING more than zero picks with a cold release is better than nothing and if we trade him we get to ship him far away and out of the division and 'hopefully' out of the AFC.

I didn't know that. Really hadn't heard anything from him since he was cut. Good to know I guess. Apparently he was one of the smart ones that saved his money and is in a position to be able to decide if he wants to play on or not. Kind of refreshing in its own right.
He signed with Minnesota today.  I'm sure that deal was done before the Browns called.

Does he have a pulse?  

Then he's better than Gonzo.
Josephy has missed nearly as many FGs as Zane!  He also missed 4 XP in college!  How does that happen?!?!  Give me a vet that knows how to kick the damn ball, not some kid who had a crappy record in college.  I understand Bailey not signing here, but why not Santo or another vet for now?  

Jordan Zirm‏Verified account @clevezirm

FollowFollow @clevezirm

per Next Gen stats, Antonio Callaway hit a top speed of 21.48 mph on that 47-yard touchdown catch. That's the third fastest top speed reached so far this season, second only to Tyreek Hill, who owns the top two spots

9:07 AM - 17 Sep 2018
...and was clocked at mach 4.

We get a 'conditional' fifth and Gordon is probably drinking a fifth right now so the Pats will probably cut him by Sunday and we'll get nothing.

----------------------------------------

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

FollowFollow @AdamSchefter

Trade now agreed to: Patriots are sending Cleveland a 5th-round pick and if Gordon isn't active for 10 games, Patriots get back a late-round pick from Browns, sources tell ESPN. As @rapsheet reported, Patriots were closing in on trade for Gordon. Trade now official.

1:15 PM - 17 Sep 2018

So what's the fastest way to Mayfield as QB and Hue fired?

Hue/Taylor lose to Darnold on national TV is a must. So every Browns fan should be rooting for the Jets.

Hue keeps losing with Taylor. That's a given. Keep Mayfield on the sidelines and rack up loses seems like the best case scenario. Last thing this team needs is to start winning with Mayfield and Hue gets to stick around.

So what's the fastest way to Mayfield as QB and Hue fired?

Hue/Taylor lose to Darnold on national TV is a must. So every Browns fan should be rooting for the Jets.

Hue keeps losing with Taylor. That's a given. Keep Mayfield on the sidelines and rack up loses seems like the best case scenario. Last thing this team needs is to start winning with Mayfield and Hue gets to stick around.
My preference is to keep Mayfield on the bench this year.  I don't want to rush him onto the field in spite of my desire for Hue to be fired.  The team is getting better each week - by that I mean the players.  Taylor still has his hangups, but Game 1 and Game 2 were completely different.  I'd like to see some progression with Thursday's game. I think Haley said it best, this offense needs time and will get better each week.

If Hue is going to go, it's going to be his own doing.  Look at the poor communication this week - How did he not know Zane was injured, if he truly was?  If he wasn't injured, then who is leaking false information? The "team leaks" to Silver and MKC about Gordon's release and being "not himself".  Those didn't come from Dorsey, and we all know who Hue's "friends" are in the media by now - as does other team executives I'm sure.  Hue will dig his own grave.  Even when we start winning games, he'll find ways of messing it up.  I'm confident in that happening.

With all that said, there is someone in a high ranking position who really likes Hue and is keeping him around for some reason.  There are too many red flags from last year and this off-season that would have canned any other coach in this league.  If that high ranking person is keeping Hue around, it's going to take alot to get rid of him.  Losing to Darnold on primetime is only another tally mark on that list.  But it's not the final straw, I'm sure.

The 3rd Page?  Really?!?!  Tonight's the night the Browns break the winless streak!  Or at least one of them....They'll still be winless on Sundays for a little while longer.

But still!  Let the defense run wild on the JETS offensive line and give Darnold a true test of what to expect from an NFL defense.  Garrett will be taking up residence in Darnold's mind all game long.  I have great confidence in the defense to wreck some havoc, but the offense still has me worried.  Hoping that Taylor can keep things moving in the right direction.  Let Hyde loose and feed Landry as much as possible, with a few helpings to Calloway for those long completions.  

Tonights the night the fridges are unlocked in Cleveland!

All this confidence in the defense is obviously only going to lead to one thing, them being the one's to blow it tonight.  The question is, how. :popcorn:

Any word of giving Chubb more carries? Hyde's stats haven't been great through two games. 
If this game starts like the last two then it should happen.  Will it?  Great question, wish I had the answer.  There's value in a veteran that will usually get you 3 yards per carry, but it's protecting a lead in the 4th quarter.  Not as a starter.

MAC_32 said:
All this confidence in the defense is obviously only going to lead to one thing, them being the one's to blow it tonight.  The question is, how. :popcorn:
They will be on the field 80% of the time after Tyrod's night of 3 and out series. By the 4th Q, they will be gassed. Hue and Tyrod will say 'we did our job' while pointing a the scoreboard which shows Browns 3 points.

MAC_32 said:

They will be on the field 80% of the time after Tyrod's night of 3 and out series. By the 4th Q, they will be gassed. Hue and Tyrod will say 'we did our job' while pointing a the scoreboard which shows Browns 3 points.

20-15 Jets
YOU CAN ALL BURN IN HELL!!!!

Browns 28 Jets 10

Take it to the bank!!!!

20-15 Jets
This probably the most realistic outcome....but can't you let me have just a few minutes of joy before the game starts and reality comes crashing down on me crushing every bit of my hopes and dreams?  I just want to think they'll do something good, even if in reality they find a way to muck it up like they always do. 

Users who are viewing this thread