What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (9 Viewers)

This makes no sense.
Their reactive personalities could keep them from being an "Epic combination". Not saying it will keep them from being great, but it could.

Man, as an Eagles fan, I thought Eagles fans were sensitive and defensive. Until I posted in the Brown's thread. I hope you guys have a good season.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Browns got a fourth-rounder that can become a third rounder for Duke Johnson. If it does become a third, I believe it will be the highest RB compensation since Trent Richardson went for a first.

8:12 AM - 8 Aug 2019
Dane Brugler‏Verified account @dpbrugler

Dane Brugler Retweeted John McClain

The games Duke Johnson has been active in his NFL career:

• 2015: 16
  • 2016: 16
  • 2017: 16
  • 2018: 16
Good chance the #Browns get a 3rd back.

Dane Brugler added,

John McClainVerified account @McClain_on_NFL

If Duke Johnson is active for 10 games, Texans will give Browns a third-round pick.

8:36 AM - 8 Aug 2019

Their reactive personalities could keep them from being an "Epic combination". Not saying it will keep them from being great, but it could.

Man, as an Eagles fan, I thought Eagles fans were sensitive and defensive. Until I posted in the Brown's thread. I hope you guys have a good season.
We're probably cut from the same cloth, only we have much more experience dealing with failure. If I'm wrong then so be it, but I don't see it with this group.

You back poking this thread again? Didn't end well for you last year with the trolls if I recall, probably won't end well this year either if you're already starting first pre-season game.

Bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off :thumbup:

beer 30 said:
You back poking this thread again? Didn't end well for you last year with the trolls if I recall, probably won't end well this year either if you're already starting first pre-season game.

Bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off :thumbup:
Love the Dodgeball reference

Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi could possibly turn into a great story. 

A few months ago Sheehy was homeless. 

He saw an opportunity and talked his way into a workout.

By hook and crook he made his way onto the camp roster.

Last night he had an 85 yard punt return in his first NFL game. 

A few hours later he was the only player at the complex lifting weights.

--------------------------------------------------

Warren Sharp‏Verified account @SharpFootball 20h20 hours ago

Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi's pro journey Crashed a workout in MIA + Ran a 4.38 + Received invite to CLE tryout + Lived/slept in a 24-hr gym via guest passes + Charged phone in laundromat + ate 1-2x/day at random cookouts = 85-yd return TD in 1st gm as a Brown

---------------------------------------------------

Steve Doerschuk‏ @sdoerschukREPe

#BrownsatWork If you would have swung by the team complex between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m., you would have found a security guard up front and Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi in the weight room.

2:56 PM - 9 Aug 2019

I have a feeling the Foursome of Futility will become the Terrible Trio this year. 

Not gonna say it (you guys are probably superstitious), but a vacation in Miami the last week of January/first weekend of February is almost always a great idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay maybe volatile isn't the right word. But Baker definitely reacts before he thinks. He seems to say the first thing that comes into his head. Because of this you get true honesty from him. That is fine when things are going well, but when things aren't going well that type of honesty can cause division between him and other players. I would think with someone like Odell this could definitely be an issue.

I am not saying these guys don't have great potential, but they do have some traits that could prevent them from maximizing their talent.
Yep.  He’s very T.O. like in that regard.  Passionate.  Impulsive.  Speaks before he thinks.   Fine when winning....

Okay maybe volatile isn't the right word. But Baker definitely reacts before he thinks. He seems to say the first thing that comes into his head. Because of this you get true honesty from him. That is fine when things are going well, but when things aren't going well that type of honesty can cause division between him and other players. I would think with someone like Odell this could definitely be an issue.

I am not saying these guys don't have great potential, but they do have some traits that could prevent them from maximizing their talent.
Yep.  He’s very T.O. like in that regard.  Passionate.  Impulsive.  Speaks before he thinks.   Fine when winning....
Well if you wanna perfect spokesman to be the face of your franchise, we’ll trade you Stafford for Mayfield. We’ll throw in 53 Mustangs and every draft pick we own.

Beautiful wife & 3 daughters, great ambassador, generous, beloved by his teammates, has never misspoken in eleven years of giving a weekly presser. Less demonstrative beer chugger so he’s perfect if you like low key.

Won’t ever win a meaningful game but, hey, at least he won’t stir the pot.

Well if you wanna perfect spokesman to be the face of your franchise, we’ll trade you Stafford for Mayfield. We’ll throw in 53 Mustangs and every draft pick we own.

Beautiful wife & 3 daughters, great ambassador, generous, beloved by his teammates, has never misspoken in eleven years of giving a weekly presser. Less demonstrative beer chugger so he’s perfect if you like low key.

Won’t ever win a meaningful game but, hey, at least he won’t stir the pot.
Isn't Tim Tebow still available?

How worried are you guys about the o-line.  By all accounts it's pretty bad.  Will Baker and Chubb have the time and holes to make this offense what everyone expects it to be?

How worried are you guys about the o-line.  By all accounts it's pretty bad.  Will Baker and Chubb have the time and holes to make this offense what everyone expects it to be?
PFF is far from my favorite site for useful information, but comprehensive content on offensive lines is hard to come by.

20. CLEVELAND BROWNS

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP:

Left Tackle: Greg Robinson
Left Guard: Joel Bitonio
Center: JC Tretter
Right Guard: Austin Corbett
Right Tackle: Chris Hubbard

Cleveland’s interior offensive line was the major reason why the line was widely touted as one of the league’s best in 2018, but the front now looks much different after shipping Kevin Zeitler to New York in exchange for Odell Beckham and Olivier Vernon. Second-year guard Austin Corbett, who has logged just 14 NFL snaps, will step in alongside right tackle Chris Hubbard. The Browns’ offense is now lightyears better following an exciting offseason, but it will be intriguing to see how the offensive line fares given their losses.

So much of good offensive line play is interdependent; the more snaps they have together, the more they improve at becoming a cohesive unit. That’s why last week so many teams were putting their starting 5 out for the first few series when most vets had the night off.

Worried's not the right word. Aware probably is. The OL was a problem last year until Kitchens took over. Then it wasn't. Coaching and QB play will struggle to overcome a gaping hole at RG, but as long as it's adequate I think the offense will be fine.

PFF - Cleveland’s interior offensive line was the major reason why the line was widely touted as one of the league’s best in 2018, but the front now looks much different after shipping Kevin Zeitler to New York in exchange for Odell Beckham and Olivier Vernon. Second-year guard Austin Corbett, who has logged just 14 NFL snaps, will step in alongside right tackle Chris Hubbard. The Browns’ offense is now lightyears better following an exciting offseason, but it will be intriguing to see how the offensive line fares given their losses.
2 things

#1 The line was not good in 2018. Until October cancer removal anyway. Then it was no longer a problem. Sure, the players were certainly a part of that, but the growth was more on coaching and QB play than anything.

#2 I don't think Corbett's going to be the RG. It looks like Eric Kush's job to lose.

Yeah that PFF article was before TC, a lot of the info is stale. The Redskins are ranked 14th with Trent Williams (he ain’t coming back.) 

hey, anybody have a cheat sheet i can use for this weekend?

i don't subscribe anymore and we have a family yahoo league this weekend.

2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1FLEX, .5 PPR, 4pt passing TD, 6pt all others

thanks!!

Worried's not the right word. Aware probably is. The OL was a problem last year until Kitchens took over. Then it wasn't. Coaching and QB play will struggle to overcome a gaping hole at RG, but as long as it's adequate I think the offense will be fine.

2 things

#1 The line was not good in 2018. Until October cancer removal anyway. Then it was no longer a problem. Sure, the players were certainly a part of that, but the growth was more on coaching and QB play than anything.

#2 I don't think Corbett's going to be the RG. It looks like Eric Kush's job to lose.
:goodposting: was going to post the same. If anyone remembers back to BB time (Before Baker), the line looked awful. A large part was the QB holding onto the ball way too long but even the running game was, at best, stagnant. The first series Mayfield came in the line instantly looked better. The entire offense did but the most drastic change was the OL suddenly wasn't giving up a sack every 5 downs and the WR's suddenly we getting the ball. Both of which = running game. To the day I die I won't forget the transformation that offense took when Mayfield took over. I've never seen anything so night & day in the NFL.

The OL is serviceable and if they manage to stay healthy will probably gel into a good unit. Depth is a question but I don't think there are too many teams in the NFL that have adequate depth at OL right now. We have a bunch of guys that have played a lot in the NFL and some young talent that needs to step up. Will that translate into a cohesive unit? We'll find out soon enough but again, as long as Mayfield is in the backfield I feel pretty good about it.

It was suggested to me recently that part of the off-season trades with the Giants included Dorsey's input to drafting Daniel Jones.  I find it far fetched,  but who knows...

Cleveland’s interior offensive line was the major reason why the line was widely touted as one of the league’s best in 2018, but the front now looks much different after shipping Kevin Zeitler to New York in exchange for Odell Beckham and Olivier Vernon.
We watched but Baldy breaks down Vernon's play against the Bucs.

We haven't seen Olivier and Myles together for a complete game yet.

I LOVE pass rush and am going to enjoy seeing us get after the QB this year.

Just look at the power and leverage.  

We did lose Zeitler but we got Olivier and he pushes our pass rush over the top IMHO.

Watch.   

📽️  oliviervernon54 unleashed holy hell on the @Buccaneers

@BaldyNFL

.@Browns @oliviervernon54 unleashed holy hell on the @Buccaneers on Friday night. He helps to complete a “complete” defensive line. So fundamentally sound. I can here the #Dawgs barking right now. #BaldysBreakdowns

6:52 PM - 25 Aug 2019 from NFL Films

“ The Browns picked 14 players in the 2016 draft. Only three remain with the team: Joe Schobert, Seth DeValve and Higgins.”

you know how the old song goes: “Two Outta Fourteen Ain’t Bad.”

Browns have acquired OL Wyatt Teller and a 2021 seventh round pick from Buffalo for The Browns 5th and 6th round picks in 2020
Hopefully they also go after this O-Line FA.

Looks amazing.       

📽️     Wide base, good natural leverage, powerful punch and willing to finish

Geoff Schwartz‏Verified account @geoffschwartz

Wide base, good natural leverage, powerful punch and willing to finish. I’d expect a few teams to reach out this week

11:47 AM - 27 Aug 2019

“ The Browns picked 14 players in the 2016 draft. Only three remain with the team: Joe Schobert, Seth DeValve and Higgins.”

you know how the old song goes: “Two Outta Fourteen Ain’t Bad.”
At least a handful of them are still in the league outside of those 3.  Would be interesting to see how all the teams break down.

I don't understand this trade.

Cleveland Browns deal rookie QB David Blough to Detroit Lions, swap 2022 draft picks

Cleveland and Detroit swapped seventh-round draft picks in 2022 in the deal.
?  How do you swap picks two years out in the same round?  

Detroit might win the SB so we'd be swapping a more valuable pick by the time the 2022 draft rolls around.

What the ...  ????  

How do you swap picks without knowing the value of the picks?  

What am I missing because everyone is reporting the same deal,  swap of 2022 7th round picks?  

I don't understand this trade.

Cleveland Browns deal rookie QB David Blough to Detroit Lions, swap 2022 draft picks

?  How do you swap picks two years out in the same round?  

Detroit might win the SB so we'd be swapping a more valuable pick by the time the 2022 draft rolls around.

What the ...  ????  

How do you swap picks without knowing the value of the picks?  

What am I missing because everyone is reporting the same deal,  swap of 2022 7th round picks?  
I would assume it’s conditional.  Possibly in expectation a team might have more than one pick in the 7th.  Likely including the option to void the exchange if the picks end up ranked the wrong way.

It’s one step up from trading for “conditional 7th” or baseball’s famous “future considerations.”  In this case, the deal is likely “here’s a guy we were going to cut, in return for the option to switch picks with you in two years if we feel like it.”

Sneaky little move for Taywan Taylor. Always felt he was a very dangerous deep threat, he was just stuck with Mariota. Browns might suddenly be the deepest team at WR in the league.

Enjoy. He's the fastest thing ya ever saw. As long as Baker leads him, he can be someone for teams to think about. 

I doubt he's much for FF unless someone gets hurt, but if so...he's a lottery ticket I'd play

📽️        Taywan Taylor (@SilentGrind2) to the HOUSE!   TOUCHDOWN, @Titans. ⚔️ #TBvsTEN

Bri said:
Enjoy. He's the fastest thing ya ever saw. As long as Baker leads him, he can be someone for teams to think about. 

I doubt he's much for FF unless someone gets hurt, but if so...he's a lottery ticket I'd play
Baker was able to transform Breshard Perryman into a legitimate NFL WR and he was a speedster so I think he can do something with this guy.

📽️   Taywan Taylor proving he's more than just a "gimmick" player. #TitanUp

📽️        Taywan Taylor (@SilentGrind2) to the HOUSE!   TOUCHDOWN, @Titans. ⚔️ #TBvsTEN

Baker was able to transform Breshard Perryman into a legitimate NFL WR and he was a speedster so I think he can do something with this guy.

📽️   Taywan Taylor proving he's more than just a "gimmick" player. #TitanUp
I wholeheartedly believe he CAN be special. There are sooo many reasons to believe so. The Titans never stuck with him or committed to him. He always had this quick hook that no other WR (or player) had and it was unfair. Such is life, I expected he'd sign somewhere, quickly become a starter, and make them regret everything. 

He was always "the man" in preseason. Partially because they took it easy on their starters and sat them, but regardless he faced top corners and did well.

He had more than 300 yards one day against the Pats in practice. He faked Gilmore out so bad, he wanted to fight and later almost fought Brown. 

Brady and BB raved about him so I'm surprised the Browns got him. That must be some endorsement for Dorsett. JRob could also have his former team leery of him. IDK but...sidenote to remember for a future trade, the Pats love him.

Last year, he had like 4-50 or somesuch against Ramsey and was open for so much more.

Titans WRs are slow(ish) and their QB often underthrew or overthrew him deep. It drove me nuts that he can be there three years and the timing can't be better.
Titans fans will believe everything a coach says even if contrary evidence is right in front of them. There's a highlight this summer (known as the Taylor drop) which he flies past the DB and has to turn around 180, slow down to an almost walk, backpedaling, and he can't catch the ball as it hits his thighs and the DB could recover and slap at it. There are like five of us fans that realize he could have caught that and ran to the house if the QB didn't underthrow him so bad.

Every WR drops the ball a little more often than you'd like but stats wise he is the same as everyone. There's some stupid fan thinking that if he drops a ball wide open and Davis drops a ball with just a step, that his is oh so awful and Davis' is fine. 

You will watch him get open regularly and it will frustrate you because he is not option 1,2 and maybe even 3. Baker is better than MM8 but he still has to do his reads. The Titans had to give Taywan longer routes to help with the timing.

He was drafted to replace Kendall Wright who was also the fastest thing ya ever saw. (expression) He's faster. His rookie camp and barely during the season, he was the perfect cat quick slot guy. Their bad WR moves put him outside and he did show something and I would leave him there, but...can't forget how effective he was just like so many quick slots.

He's too fast to be in the return game with his brain. He believes he can outrun everyone so he makes bad decisions like running it out of the endzone. They tried n tried but...I don't know if you change his thinking there, how that affects his mentality as a WR. His gift is that he's so fast he can beat anyone so if you convince him differently...

A Landry or ODB injury probably makes him an FF stud. I'm not sure or anything, but I'd bet on it and will have him on my FF bench for that time.  Baker's ability to buy time just adds to my glowing expectation for Taylor. Baker can give him a second or two more to burn a DB....fugggedaboutit.

He's got good biceps on a stick figure body. He looks like the guy that works his tail off in the weight room but just doesn't have the right bod. He's only an average blocker and can't do the use your body/box out type stuff. His game is all speed.

I think he helps the Browns GM in a big big way. Ratley has a knack for getting open deep and he's probably not needed now. He can do whatever the starters do so you've got a backup you're set with. When a team gets good (yeah I'm relearning as my Titans stunk for a long time too) they can actually have 4th and 5th WRs that are purposeful.  My Titans had the players to do this but messed it up. Hopefully your Browns do this better. They could have a backup slot guy, a special teams stud, a great blocking WR, a deep threat, returner...there is so much NFL team building value in having a quality backup that can do it all. 

He started plenty for the Titans and most of this camp. His speed often attracts a top corner which made Davis' life a little easier. With Humphries, it was going to be interesting how defenses matched up. I don't know how it will work with the Browns. I'd put the top DB on ODB, but do teams have another blazing fast corner to cover Taylor? Do they put the top guy on Taylor and double ODB? This is usually oh so evident by like week 8 when teams have DB injuries. Taylor could do nothing late in the year, but if he can get a corner off ODB, ODB will light it up. I think he completes the starters (when he's ready) and of course Landry over the middle and Njoku. To have a full slate where anyone "can kill ya" that's amazing for Baker to have and an OC to plan on.

It's not just me, there is a pretty large contingent of dynasty FFers that have been waiting for the day Taylor was set free. 

Users who are viewing this thread