What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (12 Viewers)

There's an obvious pick at 120 if they want to fill a need and win some fans over...Chase Minnifield
And I truly believe that is what Heckert has been setting up this whole draft for, getting Frank's kid on the roster :thumbup: :lmao: That would be cool, not sure he makes the roster but it would certainly be a nod to the fanbase.

You guys are killing me, WE NEED A WR!!!! WHY AREN'T WE TAKING A WR!!!!Take a WR and . . .

Travis Benjamin? Are you kidding me?
Travis Benjamin...because one Josh Cribbs ain't enough.
Go ahead guys, jump off the ledge, I'm tired of trying to get you back in the building.
I'm purposely Eeyore'ing.I won't honestly judge the picks until I see them on the field. I don't necessarily like some of them, but I don't know 1/1000 of the #### our scouts and mgmt do.

You guys are killing me, WE NEED A WR!!!! WHY AREN'T WE TAKING A WR!!!!Take a WR and . . .

Go ahead guys, jump off the ledge, I'm tired of trying to get you back in the building.
Well, I think one fact you are missing is that MAC and rizzler are NFL GMs! They've done their homework on Benjamin (watched hours of tape!) and he's like WR35 on their draft boards. Because both of their teams are championship contenders, they have a spotless draft history.Also, it's well known that you have to take a WR early in order to get quality. Who the hell are these late round losers? Remember when the Steelers blew all those picks on guys like Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders? Morons.

Well, I think one fact you are missing is that MAC and rizzler are NFL GMs! They've done their homework on Benjamin (watched hours of tape!) and he's like WR35 on their draft boards. Because both of their teams are championship contenders, they have a spotless draft history.Also, it's well known that you have to take a WR early in order to get quality. Who the hell are these late round losers? Remember when the Steelers blew all those picks on guys like Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders? Morons.
Should've read one post above you before you decided to throw a swing.bravo.

I wasn't aware that having the opinion that those weren't great picks constituted trolling. I guess this thread is just for celebrating the many brilliant decisions of the Browns. Maybe I'm wrong, it wouldn't be first time and won't be the last. As I think about it, the Weeden pick isn't completely terrible. If he's a really good QB for the next 7-10 years, his age won't matter. I wouldn't have done it, but it's justifiable.I just don't see any good reason for the Richardson pick. I got bashed for criticizing the Titans for giving CJ that contract. My reasons for that apply here too.Investing limited resources, be it cap space or valuable draft picks, to try and secure one elite RB is a terrible idea.
Listen, your point of view is certainly valid. Couple things though.1. Poor timing to come in here criticizing the 1st round for us. It's the round we are most excited for and worried about, especially with the Weeden pick.2. The amount of money we'll be paying Richardson is severely mitigated by the rookie salary structure. When he wants a new contract, if he's put up big numbers then he will have earned it. Either we pay him or we don't. 4-5 season of Pro Bowl running back is WAY more than we've EVER had. So don't expect to see Browns fans crying about wasting a pick on an RB. We need skill position playmakers. Who would you have had us pick? Blackmon? More questions marks with him as a PLAYER than Richardson.3. None of us are completely sold on Weeden. Age will be a problem if he takes time to develop obviously. But we need a new QB. AT LEAST this one has excellent tools, can't say that about the many many QBs that have gone through Cleveland. Couch was probably the last guy here with the right skillset. We'll see how he turns out on gameday...

Should've read one post above you before you decided to throw a swing.bravo.
Yeah I saw that right after I posted :) I'm just playin' with you guys. Browns fans are Browns fans, in the end we'll stick together :thumbup:

OVERVIEW

Johnson has played both outside and inside during his four years at Nevada. He has been a productive tackler and is an obvious leader and inspiration on the defense. He is athletic and thick, and he brings power to the line of scrimmage when tackling. He has fourth-round talent and has the temperament to contribute on special teams early.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Johnson is thick, and it shows when he tackles. He is a form tackler and sure to bring runners down. He is strong and can shed blocks with ease, and he filled the gap quickly in Nevada's defense. He is instinctive and highly active on the field, and is smooth in his pass set. He reacts well to both run and pass and should develop into a starter.

WEAKNESSES Johnson is always around the play but has a tough time making plays on the ball in passing downs. He can cover in man but is better in zone and could get outrun by tight ends in the NFL. He is not very fast and is better served playing inside the box.

I wasn't aware that having the opinion that those weren't great picks constituted trolling. I guess this thread is just for celebrating the many brilliant decisions of the Browns.

Maybe I'm wrong, it wouldn't be first time and won't be the last.

As I think about it, the Weeden pick isn't completely terrible. If he's a really good QB for the next 7-10 years, his age won't matter. I wouldn't have done it, but it's justifiable.

I just don't see any good reason for the Richardson pick.

I got bashed for criticizing the Titans for giving CJ that contract. My reasons for that apply here too.

Investing limited resources, be it cap space or valuable draft picks, to try and secure one elite RB is a terrible idea.
Listen, your point of view is certainly valid. Couple things though.1. Poor timing to come in here criticizing the 1st round for us. It's the round we are most excited for and worried about, especially with the Weeden pick.

2. The amount of money we'll be paying Richardson is severely mitigated by the rookie salary structure. When he wants a new contract, if he's put up big numbers then he will have earned it. Either we pay him or we don't. 4-5 season of Pro Bowl running back is WAY more than we've EVER had. So don't expect to see Browns fans crying about wasting a pick on an RB. We need skill position playmakers. Who would you have had us pick? Blackmon? More questions marks with him as a PLAYER than Richardson.

3. None of us are completely sold on Weeden. Age will be a problem if he takes time to develop obviously. But we need a new QB. AT LEAST this one has excellent tools, can't say that about the many many QBs that have gone through Cleveland. Couch was probably the last guy here with the right skillset. We'll see how he turns out on gameday...
Sorry about that. It was bad form to go ripping the Browns when the fans have something to get excited about.

I do hope Richardson is an impact player and that Weeden can develop quickly.

Not a Browns fan, but I hate the Steelers and would like to see CLE be a factor in the division for years to come.

James-Michael Johnson!?!?!?!? NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE TOOK A FREAKIN' MLB!!!!!!!

Wait, who is this guy?

Just wanted to see what it was like ;) Welcome to Cleveland beast, stuff the middle for years to come :thumbup:

And. . . .

Wait for it. . .

WE GOT TRENT FREAKIN' RICHARDSON :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

The biggest mistakes for the Browns was taking Hughes and Benjamin. If they wanted a returner they should have taken T.Y. Hilton there and they could have taken Hughes in the 4th if they really wanted him. I don't see Benjamin having much of an impact on offense unlike Hilton who is a little bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:

He's not a #2 WR, he's a deep threat/returner. We need a guy that can start outside and push Mo Mass.Benjamin is not it.

The biggest mistakes for the Browns was taking Hughes and Benjamin. If they wanted a returner they should have taken T.Y. Hilton there and they could have taken Hughes in the 4th if they really wanted him. I don't see Benjamin having much of an impact on offense unlike Hilton who is a little bigger.
The players aren't mistakes, taking them where we did are the mistakes. I'm not sure Cribbs is a Brown come 2013 so a plan B should be in place but a midget/speed guy like Benjamin could be there 50 picks later. A rotational DT with effort problems was going to be there later today too.I get the take your guys strategy, but you have to think like other teams too. If other teams don't want him this early then we can wait on them and address other players too. Take a McNutt, Childs, Criner, Owusu, Givens, etc. and a Josh Norman or Omar Bolden then come back with these guys in the 5th and 6th.

'NJDawgPound said:
Here's who I would like to see today (And I think they love the Nevada LB):James-Michael Johnson, LB, NevadaJuron Criner, WR ArizonaKeshawn Martin, WR Michigan State
Guess so
Hey, look at me go, I hit on one. Too bad I'm on my phone, I've been looking for an excuse to use the fancy guy in the bowtie take a bow icon.
:bowtie: there you go.
Thank you sir. Killing me not being able to watch what's going on but one more day of draft stuff would kill my wife...

I know all of us sound armchair GM/coach sometimes, ALL of us. It's OK, we're Browns fanatics. We're going to find out about this draft soon enough, especially with the route taken using the first 3 picks.

Schwartz seems like a fine pick...I'd guess other teams had him rated 2nd/3rd round, that's just how it works. Once you get out of the top few picks, boards start to range drastically. So we grabbed him because we liked alot of things about him and it was clearly a team need as well. Seems like a good fit for the line to me.

What I feel comfortable questioning is the Hughes pick. I've heard/read/seen just about ZILCH that makes me feel like we didn't reach there tremendously. Reports are coming out that scouts from other teams are saying that guy was on nobody's radar. To hear the news about Heckert being so nervous between 67 and 87 because he was worried about losing Hughes is not comforting. Sure, that might not be true, like us telling Colt we were not taking a QB, but it's still out there and there was nothing to worry about. Seems like we could have gotten something very similar, or probably Hughes himself, later in the draft. I guess this is the exact type of pick that will let us know how strong our GM and scouts really are.

So who do we have right now at WR?LittleCribbsMoMassNorwoodBenjaminMitchell?
#1 Little#2 Mo Mass#3 Norwood#4 Cribbs#5 BenjaminSince Mitchell plays special teams we may keep a 6th WR. I really, really hope we bring in 1 or 2 more guys to compete with Mitchell for the last roster spot and hopefully push Mo Mass for snaps. I cannot believe we think going into the season with Mo Mass inked into a starting spot is a good idea.

#1 Little#2 Mo Mass#3 Norwood#4 Cribbs#5 BenjaminSince Mitchell plays special teams we may keep a 6th WR. I really, really hope we bring in 1 or 2 more guys to compete with Mitchell for the last roster spot and hopefully push Mo Mass for snaps. I cannot believe we think going into the season with Mo Mass inked into a starting spot is a good idea.
They're thinking that if they make Weeden go through his rookie season with this corps, the game will seem easy to him in year 2 when they get some quality targets for him.

They're thinking that if they make Weeden go through his rookie season with this corps, the game will seem easy to him in year 2 when they get some quality targets for him.
Based on this regime's actions you get the feeling they're content with 4-12 every year until they have all of their pieces in place.That's fun.

Didn't think we'd go WR. Oof. A lotta upside with that guy and Lauvao + Pinkston need pushed but I cannot believe we're content with another year of Mo Mass.

Oh well, I know you guys are tired of my negative Ned ness so good news I'm out tonight. Enjoy.

Regardless, GO BROWNS! :banned:

Honestly can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Honestly can't tell if you are being serious or not.
:lmao:That's a baaaad sign!

OVERVIEW

There will be discussions about moving Miller outside to tackle from guard: This debate revolves around Miller's size, much like last year's first round-pick at OT, Nate Solder. Given Miller's solid athletic ability and size, a move to the outside seems imminent. Miller would need to learn the position after spending the past two years inside, but he could transition well with his talent and versatility. Miller could go as early as the late first round, but most likely will settle in nicely in the second round.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Miller did everything well on the front line for Colorado as he is able to come off the ball quickly and bend well despite his immense height. In the parts of three years he spent at tackle, he sustained on his blocks well and often finishes through the play.

WEAKNESSES Some will consider Miller a tweener and wonder if there is a hidden aspect to his ability that made him play inside despite prototypical tackle size. He is a bit of a slow mover and will take some time to develop if moved outside to tackle.

Based on this regime's actions you get the feeling they're content with 4-12 every year until they have all of their pieces in place.That's fun.
I think with the schedule we have next year we are looking for 1st overall.

And the Bengals just drafted the guy (Marvin Jones) I wanted the Browns to take over the guard. This draft went from an "A" to a "D" really quick.

There's going to be some awesome bumps in this thread 8 months from now. We're going to see how correct some of you are compared to Tom Heckert.

Let's just say I'm not betting on your ability to evaluate 4th-7th round talent in the NFL Draft :lol:

I'm done with this team. Biggest need was WR and they draft a 5'9" kick returner in round 5. Brilliant
Come on, man. EVERY SINGLE WR in this draft, including Blackmon and Floyd, had question marks. Face it, there are no Calvin Johnsons or Andre Johnsons in this draft.

I'm done with this team. Biggest need was WR and they draft a 5'9" kick returner in round 5. Brilliant
Come on, man. EVERY SINGLE WR in this draft, including Blackmon and Floyd, had question marks. Face it, there are no Calvin Johnsons or Andre Johnsons in this draft.
So that means you don't address the position? Good luck with Little, Mo. Mass, Cribbs, Norwood, and newly acquired Hornswaggle

So that means you don't address the position? Good luck with Little, Mo. Mass, Cribbs, Norwood, and newly acquired Hornswaggle
Had to look that up.... a WWE reference.Classic.

Seventh round, a bunch of undrafted free agent talent there, and another wave of free agency coming. Hang in there Deuce.ETA: Danny Amendola can catch 80 - 100 balls in this offense. I think he's their ace in the hole, has a history with Shurmur, and can be had cheap.ETA again: Cancel that, he signed back with the Rams two days ago.

There's going to be some awesome bumps in this thread 8 months from now. We're going to see how correct some of you are compared to Tom Heckert.Let's just say I'm not betting on your ability to evaluate 4th-7th round talent in the NFL Draft :lol:
Yep. I could have told you a week ago which of the regular posters would be complaining today!

There's an obvious pick at 120 if they want to fill a need and win some fans over...Chase Minnifield
UDFA- I'd love to see them bring him in.Overall, I think they did ok. Still against taking Weeden (and still believe it's an admission of failure), but I like what we did today.

Heard a rumor on Minnifields kid this afternoon, the clean out procedure on his knee was micro fracture surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread