What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (13 Viewers)

I get that, and it will have no impact on the success of the team if our QB blows.

YAY WE WENT 5-11 INSTEAD OF 4-12 BECAUSE WE PICKED MIKE EVANS BEFORE THAT BUM QB MANZIEL!

Then a new regime comes in as his rookie contract is expiring and he wants out of the losing environment.

Big picture perspective.
Well, since these QBs are gonna blow, we should just jump off the bridge no then, since in any scenario we are gonna suck

My ideal perfect storm scenario that would get me blacked out on my redbreast so fast tonight from joy...............................

no particular teams, just these players getting picked before pick 4 and then after we pick, through either just picking or trade ups:

1- Clowney

2- Mathews

3- Mack (I know a lot of us like him, me too, just not for my perfect and semi realistic scenario)

4- Browns take Sammy Watkins...........................

5- A QB, whoever, dont care

teams in the 6-7 range start looking into trading down............and the Browns ring the bell. Trade picks 26 and 35 to move up for either pick 6 or 7 and somehow manage to get....................GREG ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!!

picks 4,26,35 net us Watkins AND Robinson.

I know people are talking about people trading up for Robsinon or whatever, or the Rams might take him, but seriously who the hell knows, and it is DEFINITELY not some sort of crazy thinking that he just MIGHT last till 6 or 7 with a team being happy getting picks 26 and 35 this year.

Let's get it done

Hoyer drops back to pass.................has 14 seconds to pass while JT and Robinson are man handling the DEs and Mack is holding down the fort on the NT. Tate is in the backfield having a cup of coffee waiting for someone to block.

Gordon and Watkins are running ladders for fun in the secondary. Cameron is running figure 8's all over the middle of the field.

Hawkins is posting a selfie with all the activity going on in the background.

Hoyer decides to throw after about 294 seconds..................TD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a state of shock as I've just listened to Grossi's podcast on the RBS. He is finally seeing the light that outside of not being able to acquire Mack the next best thing would be to trade down and acquire a 2nd CB. He even mentioned that Dennard could be a better fit in Pettine's defense than Gilbert. I've only been advocating this scenario for the last 3 months as the 2nd CB will have the most impact than any other position other than QB for this team.

Draft day is here

If anything is to be learned from history, both first round picks will end up being players that were never even mentioned in this thread.

If Johnny Football is a Cowboy I'll buy a jersey and post a pic, someone in here match me from the browns, soulfly???

come on, embrace the insanity!

Robinson is a good pick for y'all if you get him. As long as the team is patient and lets everyone grow he could be another piece in a solid core.

I actually thin long term that's a better pick than Watkins. Watkins may make you better sooner, but if you build a solid line stay stable and convince mack to stay (staying stable and progressing should do this), you may get there slower but could be building a team that is good for a long time.

First one in a while guys.... Interesting stuff. Slightly "depressing" for obvious reasons (I dont want a QB), but here she blows

more chat about Manziel and Evans
Even Silva of Draft Insiders has some buzz about WR Mike Evans to the Browns.

He updated his draft news and notes today.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/

NFL Draft News & Notes: May 7th

Just over twenty-four hours before the belated 2014 NFL Draft kicks-off. Here’s the latest word on what may happen tomorrow.

* I’m told while the Cleveland Browns like Manziel they don’t like him enough to use the fourth pick of the draft on him. The name that continues to pop up for the franchise at that selection is receiver Mike Evans. Over the past week there are three scenarios I continue to hear for the Browns at four:

1) Receiver at pick four (likely Evans) then a trade back into the middle of round one if Manziel slides out of the top ten.

2) Receiver at pick four and a quarterback and cornerback with the next two selections. Trading back into the first round to select a quarterback is a consideration. I can confirm Cleveland has contacted teams in the bottom half of round one about making the move if necessary.

3) Blake Bortles the dark horse at pick four.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Evans over Watkins???

wadegarrett said:
ghostguy123 said:
wadegarrett said:
You must be thinking of another Mary Kay Cabot b/c last year she had them taking Dion Jordan and the year before she had them taking Justin Blackmon.
It just depends when you listened. They all change their picks constantly.
Those came from her final mocks.
She lost me when she cited Jason Campbell as "elite". No cred ever again.

FWIW, in my final mocs and "predict the pick" competition, I have CLE taking Evans over Watkins...

and you all know the boner I have for Watkins.

Tonight should be a beauty.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Johnny Day is finally here!
Yes, indeed! He's a superstar of media creation, and this is super-media day!
Ya know, no matter what you think of Manziel's pro prospects, he's not a superstar of media creation. He's a superstar because he put up huge numbers and set records in the nation's top defensive conference.

Can anyone confirm this one?

Just saw it on a Browns board but didn't hear it myself but it falls in-line with the other rumors of the Browns talking with teams who want to move-up to our #4 pick.

Sal-Pal says two teams have been busy working the phones with us.

Here is what was posted.

"Sal Palantonio just said on ESPN that 2 teams (Atlanta & Buffalo) are in talks with Cleveland for their #4 pick."

On Cleveland Browns Daily they've been hinting of a possible trade-down with Atlanta should OLB/DE Kalil Mack still be on the board.

Buffalo has been rumored to be trying to move-up with St. Louis but that might be too steep a price for the Bills to pay and ofcourse the Rams would be dropping down pretty far from the #2 pick so I don't know if that works well for either team. I'm sure Jacksonville is in the mix too for a trade-down.

I've heard that Atlanta rumor more than a few times so if Jacksonville takes Watkins and leaves us with Mack we 'may' have a trade-down at the #4 pick but has anyone been watching ESPN and have they heard that Sal Palantonio rumor of both Buffalo and Atlana in talks with us about moving up?

Ive mentioned moving w ATL multiple times to get evans.

Havent had it confirmed but ive considered this plenty. Think ATL trades up for mack or robinson

i think watkins goes at 2 browns pick QB at 4, i am standing by that prediction
If Watkins goes at 2 and Robinson is still there at 4, the Browns take him.

Or Evans. Or maybe Matthews if Watkins and Robinson are both gone.

No chance they take a QB at 4.

#### it. Just draft Manziel.

Might as well be consistent in our failure. Why change?
if you're fine with it at 26 I don't get why you, and others, would implode if we pick him fourth. Either way he is our starter.
Because at 4 trhre is a chance to get a more sure thing at a position of need.

Any of these QB's are more of a gamble, so you use a lesser pick to take the gamble.

Huge difference between 4 and 26.

Clowney

Robinson

Mack

------------------------

book that as the top 3 picks.

Leaves CLE with a few options... Personally, I avoid the trade down (I think BUF and OAK make a swap) and take whoever is ranked highest between Evans and Watkins, in which I believe the Browns rate Evans higher..

Top 4 goes:

clowney

robinson

mack

evans

Clowney

Robinson

Mack

------------------------

book that as the top 3 picks.

Leaves CLE with a few options... Personally, I avoid the trade down (I think BUF and OAK make a swap) and take whoever is ranked highest between Evans and Watkins, in which I believe the Browns rate Evans higher..

Top 4 goes:

clowney

robinson

mack

evans
Sorry, but I am agreeing with Grossi. At #4 the only pick I do is if Mack is there. If not I trade down with Buffalo and grab the best CB on our board.

This draft needs to be heavily dedicated to the offense.

Defensive picks still need to be made, but this defense is more than capable. The offense is not up there yet.

You kidding me, man? Imagine this offense w the additions of Tate, Hawkins and Evans? Good lord... our offense would go from meh to monster.

this defense has most of the pieces in place to be very good... the offense needs that RZ threat

plus, Im convinced a roby/verrett etc falls.

As I've stated above a 2nd CB will have more impact on this team than any other position outside of acquiring a QB.If you have read Collision Low Crossers, you would know Pettine's defense is predicated on having 2 CB's who can play on an island, so he can send the kitchen sink at an opposing offense. Effective 2nd WR's can be found easily in the 2nd/3rd round.Especially with what they will be called upon to do. This isn't fantasy football, taking a WR with the 4th pick is an incredible waste of resources. Give the man what he needs.

This isn't fantasy football, taking a WR with the 4th pick is an incredible waste of resources
you think the teams that drafted megatron, aj green, fitz, andre johnson, keyshawn etc think that?
You think that each of the above were drafted as 2nd Wr's
NFL has become a passing league, right?

so might as well get ahead of the curve alongside teams like CHI, ATL, DEN etc.

Plus we get that RZ threat we need. no double coverage. open the run game.

Im all for it, but I do see your side of it

Vikings were great on offense with Moss/Carter including a 15-1 season.

That's like 3+ seasons worth of wins for your typical Browns club.

Not going to endear myself much with that one, am I?

Rotoworld:

Coach Mike Pettine said that based on his evaluation of this year's QB draft class, it will be "very difficult" for a rookie to beat out Brian Hoyer.
"I really believe that," Pettine said. "There's that certain it factor [Hoyer] has. Just the way he's attacked his rehab, the way he's attacked learning a new offense. What jumped out was his accuracy." This doesn't sound like the typical coach-speak we hear around draft time. Pettine and the Browns are unlikely to use the No. 4 overall pick on a quarterback.

Source: USA Today

Pettine and the Browns were given a vote of confidence from Bellichek re: Hoyer.

take that to the bank, brohans.

I am not convinced that yet another WR, albeit a very good one, is what this team needs most. We have H-O-L-E-S to fill at DB, OL, LB.

Add a top-notch CB and that unit goes from "consistanly exploited" to "what else can we try against them" very quickly.

Games are won by exploiting weaknesses and neutralizing strengths. Where are the Browns weaknesses that people take advantage of in their game-plans?

our defense (even tho underachieving) was not our major weakness.

putting ####### points on the board was. getting yards was. keeping our defense off the field was.

now we've added BETTER defensive players, a BETTER defensive coach... still draft defense, but imo, we need to beef up this offense as well.

Pettine and the Browns were given a vote of confidence from Bellichek re: Hoyer.

Was that the same Belicheck that released him?
brady.
No, he's still on the Pats.

I just found it funny giving a vote of confidence for a guy that they cut. I actually like Hoyer - not sure he's a franchise QB or even adequate over a full season but can understand why they would want to give him that shot.

i think watkins goes at 2 browns pick QB at 4, i am standing by that prediction
If Watkins goes at 2 and Robinson is still there at 4, the Browns take him.

Or Evans. Or maybe Matthews if Watkins and Robinson are both gone.

No chance they take a QB at 4.
there is always a chacne!

maybe they trade down, i think their first pick is a QB, i think everything else has been smokescreen

putting ####### points on the board was. getting yards was. keeping our defense off the field was.

now we've added BETTER defensive players, a BETTER defensive coach... still draft defense, but imo, we need to beef up this offense as well.
Defense was awful on 3rd down. A corner that could start opposite Haden and keep Skrine inside would go a long ways.

Points (and yards) happened when we had a competent QB out there. Defense getting burned happened every week. The drops by the WRs hurt quite a bit, but those guys are gone & soon-to-be gone.

Also need some holes for the RBs. Either that, or start lining up OTs in the backfield.

WR is a luxury pick, IMO.

Didn't Bellicheck also give the vote of confidence to Greg Schiano?and to Matt Cassell?
I like schiano

Also, Browns arent taking a qb at 4
that's the common perception
hope manziel works out for ya
either way it'll be fun

you gonna buy a jersey if he's a brown?

;)

Users who are viewing this thread