What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (14 Viewers)

So 106 and 127 can get us up near 85 probably......................plenty of good players left for me to be on board with that

Kirksey wasn't on my radar at all.

Linebacker was the other position outside of O-line I was hoping we'd address early so hopefully this kid can play or can be developed as an inside LB.

Ray's certianly not panicking on the wideouts that much is clear.
Which is very good. Not like some rookie is gonna come in and be some go to guy for us anyway outside of the top couple guys.

So a day and a half ago some Browns fans were thinking Gordon/Watkins out wide. And now it's looking like Little/Burleson.

Jeez, that blows.

So a day and a half ago some Browns fans were thinking Gordon/Watkins out wide. And now it's looking like Little/Burleson.

Jeez, that blows.
More like Cameron/Little/Burleson... Cameron large uptick in value now.

Dane Brugler‏@dpbrugler6 mins

I'm a Christian Kirksey fan - gets physical in coverage, motor is always revving, natural leadership traits #Browns

Marc Sessler‏@MarcSesslerNFL3 hrs

One receiver to keep an eye on for the #Browns is Charles Johnson. Stashed away last season with an ACL tear, but fast & freaky athletic.

Rams are cleaning up.

Now we need to move up and take one of the good ones left, I don't even care if it's a WR. I wanna walk outta here with 5 good players.

Only 1 2 WRs taken in the 3rd round so far (edit for Moncrief). Bottom guys are purely complimentary from what I know. And at this point, they all basically are as far as grading goes.

Lee
Robinson
Latimer
Moncrief
Adams
Landry
Matthews
Bryant
Richardson
Huff
Ellington
Abbrederis
Herron
Street
Shaq

We're on pick 89.

We own 106, 127, 180, 218.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...obviously these guys are going to have some questions to answer. I don't care if they don't take a WR, as long as they have a plan, and I certainly don't want them to reach for need and essentially waste a pick. From everything I can tell, these guys are not in over their heads. I'll reserve judgement until it plays out.

Rotoworld:

Browns traded up with the 49ers to select Towson RB Terrance West with the No. 94 overall pick in the 2014 draft.
West (5-foot-9 1/4, 225) was a decorated D-IAA runner, earning Offensive Player of the Year in both the Colonial Athletic Association and all of FCS as a senior. He piled up 802 career carries for 4,849 yards (6.05 YPC) and 84 touchdowns, catching 36 passes. West boosted his stock with a 4.54 forty at the Combine and 10-foot broad jump. He's not a quick-twitch short-area mover, but West's college tape is as good as an running back in this class, with power to beat first contact and Alfred Morris-like jump cuts in the open field. He has enough natural run talent and versatility to become an NFL feature back. He has a strong chance at earning No. 2 duties behind Ben Tate.

Related: 49ers

Took West from under BAL's nose.

and for the final time tonight, Gordon is going to play this season.

110% convinced after this draft.

Say what you want, but Farmers putting together some really nice talent. I am getting to think that Bitonio could be the steal of the draft. Here's a nice clip on Kirksey being interviewed along with comments from Ferentz. Looks to be a much better athlete than Borland with coverage skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzDAOEDF1o8

Wish I had your optimism SF3. Think Josh is going be chilling with Justin Blackmon.
Cant bring myself to believe we'd ignore WR COMPLETELY if Gordon was gone for sure.

They must know something we dont. Maybe a short suspension?
In Grossi's column today. He stated Farmer was aware of this situation 2 weeks ago. The coaching just found out when broken by the media. Kudos to Ray as he has the stones to stand by his board. And I agree with SF3 I think everyone is in an initial state of panic mostly dealing with the guy involved. I think if Farmer felt he had to adjust for a season long suspension he would have.

Wish I had your optimism SF3. Think Josh is going be chilling with Justin Blackmon.
Cant bring myself to believe we'd ignore WR COMPLETELY if Gordon was gone for sure.

How can it be shorter than a year? Isn't 2nd offense a year and 3rd life?
Last year's should have been 4 games according to what we've been told and it was 2.
This is true. That was reported as cough medicine/inadvertent with the league lessening the suspension iirc.

Gordon is gone for a long time if the reports are true.This will be like his fifth failed test counting college. The guy apparently has an addiction........

You seem to forget, it's the Browns. Trying to use logic and reason just doesn't work. Think of them as a woman and you'll be fine.
A woman would panic, get emotional, and draft for need. Women = needy

I know that seems to be a popular mantra here. "Hey, we didn't draft for need!" Don't you think, at some point, all teams draft players at positions they need? Does it make sense to not, at some point, draft to fills holes in your roster? What am I missing?

I know that seems to be a popular mantra here. "Hey, we didn't draft for need!" Don't you think, at some point, all teams draft players at positions they need? Does it make sense to not, at some point, draft to fills holes in your roster? What am I missing?
Depends how you have your players ranked.

If you have two guys equal, sure, take the WR over the RB or LB

And free agents and trading late picks for vets is what "fills a hole" not rookie. Is some 3rd or 4th round rookie WR going to come in and make our offense great or something?? That would be extremely rare.

We still have ZERO confirmation that Gordon's next suspension was of the year long variety.

In fact, there any reports that claim the contrary.

I know Im holding out what most would consider false hope, but guess what? I have to. We have to. This season was set up to be special...

and things still seem way too fishy to me.

Speaking as a Ravens fan :-)ducks:) - an organization that gets the "always BPA" by the national media - I think the good teams blend it (duh). What I mean by that, is that every position is a "need" - even if you're loaded at a spot, what with player movement/injury/age. The Ravens are pretty good at looking a couple of years ahead - Todd Heap when they had Sharpe, etc... - and that leads to a..........more "natural" turnover of players ready to step in, if that makes any sense. Daryl Smith was their best player on D last season, yet they drafted Mosely in the 1st - because Smith is 32 and, by the time he's gone (theoretically) both Mosely & Art Brown should be ready to anchor the middle.

Obviously, Baltimore (& NE & Pitt & GB, etc..) have the luxury of almost no pressure to hit home runs in every year. And QB may be the one spot that the above doesn't apply to.

eta: Ozzie is also great at filling in 2nd-line roster spots with under-priced vets BEFORE the draft, meaning he can afford to be more flexible in the draft.

We still have ZERO confirmation that Gordon's next suspension was of the year long variety.

I know Im holding out what most would consider false hope, but guess what? I have to. We have to. This season was set up to be special...

Considering we have NO IDEA what is going on, I wouldn't call it false hope.

We have reports that he failed the drug test. The next step in that process is a year long suspension. It's not really hard to put this together. Gordon can and will appeal I'm sure. That could reduce it to less than a year but we have to wait and see.

I think they were set to take Watkins but the Bills offered a trade they could not refuse. Your front office is doing a nice job, be patient.

We have reports that he failed the drug test. The next step in that process is a year long suspension. It's not really hard to put this together.Gordon can and will appeal I'm sure. That could reduce it to less than a year but we have to wait and see.
I remember last year reading contrary reports to that. Who knows.

Some concrete news would be nice for a change.

CTownPride wrote:

Jason Pinkston ‏ @ JasonPinkstonOL 3m
Cleveland it's going to be all good trust

Jordan Cameron ‏ @ jordancameron 5m
@ JasonPinkstonOL: Cleveland it's going to be all good trust” (thumbs-up)

--------------------

hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

even greg little alluded to a "snake in the grass"

sounds like the story was purposely planted and perhaps less true than let on?
Let's just say for a split second that the whole story is bogus and Gordon isn't suspended.............I wonder if sportsline will change all their grades of C and comments of "what are they thinking, why not a WR????", and al the people calling Farmer an idiot for not drafting for need at WR will change their tune and say they were wrong.

I doubt it.

Im not saying a suspension isnt potentially looming. It most likely is, to some degree....

Something just smells far too off or it to be so cut and dry, when you take into account EVERYTHING we know until now.

not drafting a wr is the nail in the coffin to me.. true to our board or not.

CTownPride wrote:

Jason Pinkston ‏ @ JasonPinkstonOL 3m
Cleveland it's going to be all good trust

Jordan Cameron ‏ @ jordancameron 5m
@ JasonPinkstonOL: Cleveland it's going to be all good trust” (thumbs-up)

--------------------

hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

even greg little alluded to a "snake in the grass"

sounds like the story was purposely planted and perhaps less true than let on?
Let's just say for a split second that the whole story is bogus and Gordon isn't suspended.............I wonder if sportsline will change all their grades of C and comments of "what are they thinking, why not a WR????", and al the people calling Farmer an idiot for not drafting for need at WR will change their tune and say they were wrong.

I doubt it.
Can't imagine why any Browns fan would care.

Users who are viewing this thread