What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (12 Viewers)

QB class this year just doesn’t do anything for me. Sign a veteran QB, take Barkley at 1, some defensive player from Alabama at 4 and load up on talent. If you want a QB take Lamar Jackson in the 2nd. Coach Kizer up and let the veteran lead the team to a .500 season ??

SO many GREAT picks in the draft.

SO much cap space

SO much potential on DEF

SO need a QB.

Gonna be a very different, and very much improved team in 18/19
Keep dreaming, I guess that's all there is to do in Cleveland. That and make a horrible owner rich. Does he even live in your city? Doubt it. 

I'll pick c) the guy who comes in and acts like a total doosh in another team's thread.
Apparently only Browns fans are ALLOWED to post here. I did not get that memo. I'm here to talk about the team. Sorry my reality is impacting your fantasy...some one give me the "one QB away" response...I've only seen it 1,000 times on this thread. I wonder how many years you guys have said that while filling the coffers of your horrible owner. 

Want to help your team? Put the gear in the closet for 3-4 years, and commit to not spending one CENT on this horrible dumpster fire of a franchise. That's how you'll help. When the NFL see's ZERO fan support and a franchise that is costing them $$$ they will force a change in ownership. Not only has he done nothing for your team, your owner has some very questionable business practices where i ripped of poor customers. https://deadspin.com/browns-owner-avoids-federal-prosecution-with-massive-se-1604799901

What an owner and franchise that deserves your loyalty... :rolleyes:

Haslam is better at being an owner than you are at finding things to do in your spare time.
I'm the fan of a winning quality franchise and I live in a town that does not put me to sleep at the sound of the name. Cleveland does NOT "ROCK"..... :sleep: Don't worry about me....I'm just trying to help you all out before you lose another Decade to this franchise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the fan of a winning quality franchise and I live in a town that does not put me to sleep at the sound of the name. Cleveland does NOT "ROCK"..... :sleep: Don't worry about me....I'm just trying to help you all out before you lose another Decade to this franchise. 
Thanks for confirming my last post for us.

Apparently only Browns fans are ALLOWED to post here. I did not get that memo. I'm here to talk about the team. Sorry my reality is impacting your fantasy...some one give me the "one QB away" response...I've only seen it 1,000 times on this thread. I wonder how many years you guys have said that while filling the coffers of your horrible owner. 

Want to help your team? Put the gear in the closet for 3-4 years, and commit to not spending one CENT on this horrible dumpster fire of a franchise. That's how you'll help. When the NFL see's ZERO fan support and a franchise that is costing them $$$ they will force a change in ownership. Not only has he done nothing for your team, your owner has some very questionable business practices where i ripped of poor customers. https://deadspin.com/browns-owner-avoids-federal-prosecution-with-massive-se-1604799901

What an owner and franchise that deserves your loyalty... :rolleyes:
First off, post a link to anywhere I even implied who was and wasn't allowed to post here. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Secondly, post a link where I even remotely implied we are one player away at ANY position. Once again, I'll wait.

Thirdly, I own no Browns gear. I guess my user name wasn't quite obvious enough to help you realize I'm in no sort of position to attend Brown's games. And they aren't even televised here. So how I am lining anyone's coffers is quite frankly beyond me.

Lastly, the fact you somehow equate "posting" and "being a doosh" tells me all I need to know about you. Pro tip, it is possible to post and make a point without being a doosh. Well, for most people anyways.

First off, post a link to anywhere I even implied who was and wasn't allowed to post here. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Secondly, post a link where I even remotely implied we are one player away at ANY position. Once again, I'll wait.

Thirdly, I own no Browns gear. I guess my user name wasn't quite obvious enough to help you realize I'm in no sort of position to attend Brown's games. And they aren't even televised here. So how I am lining anyone's coffers is quite frankly beyond me.

Lastly, the fact you somehow equate "posting" and "being a doosh" tells me all I need to know about you. Pro tip, it is possible to post and make a point without being a doosh. Well, for most people anyways.
I'm responding to all the "haters" out there. You clearly here just to "stir the pot",. I'm trying to give a balanced opinion on how to to fix this team. These fans are in serious denial about a team that has made the playoffs once in 18 years. This team is not one player/coach away. And the owner will do nothing but give them lips service as long as the $$ is flowing in. 

I guess the question would be, "One player away from what?"

I think that if the team maintains its current talent level across all positions (which should be a worst case scenario, as a young team with high draft picks), they're a solid QB with enough experience away from being relevant.  Not necessarily contenders, but a .500 team that could conceivably catch a few breaks and do better than that.

That's either a rookie that proves to have talent and gets a year under his belt, or a decent FA.  (The former obviously looks more like the path likely to be pursued, given the draft class and the picks currently held.)

I don't see that as irrational optimism.  A great QB turns a garbage team into an instant title contender.  (See this year's Pack, which showed its garbage character once AR was out.)  A good QB turns such a squad into a .500 team.  (I believe we saw that in DC for the last few years.)  Likewise, a truly bad QB can turn a so-so team into an 0-16 disaster.  Such is the weight of the most influential position on the field.

I sincerely believe this team, apart from the QB position, was at least "so-so."  Especially after Gordon came back.  I think one player, if it's the right one, can turn these fortunes around...or at least get them trending the right way for a change.

I suggest you go target a larger segment of the Browns' fan base so that you may succeed in your new found love interest.

What winning quality franchise is that again, and where are you from?  TIA

:tinfoilhat:   any chance Hue is staying around is a ploy to secure the coaching opportunity at the Sr. Bowl and get a free access to potential QB candidates?  If there is a coaching shakeup, then the Browns won't be offered that opportunity.  But if Hue remains HC, then the Browns should get the offer and quickly accept in order to spend time with those potential draftees.  :tinfoilhat:

Just trying to make sense of WTF this guy is still with the organization....aside from having incriminating pictures of someone with something at someplace.  There has to be a logical reason, right?

Hey Hue....why must you always act like a victim?

The Browns finished with the worst record in the league while playing four of the other seven teams that won five games or fewer. The Browns are swathed in infamy because they couldn't find a win against 4-12 Houston (33-17 loss), 4-12 Indianapolis (31-28 loss), 5-11 Chicago (20-3 loss) and the 5-11 New York Jets (17-14 loss.)

The Browns lost four games by 4 points or fewer in regulation and another two in overtime. They led in the second half of five games and had a coach always left waiting for a player to make a play, while the rest of us wondered if the Browns had a coach who knew how to get them over the top.

Jackson after the season-ending loss Sunday claimed most coaches couldn't have endured this 1-31 record over two seasons.

But couldn't most of them have sprinkled a couple wins into this winless four-month march? Yes. Yes, they could have.

"You're entitled to your opinion," Jackson said bright and early Monday morning at his wrapup news conference...
Doug L has gone after Hue every time.  Enjoy his takes as someone who doesn't just accept Hue's nonsense at face value like MKC and others in Cleveland media.  This team had the talent to go at least 4-12 this season.  It was the coaching and play-calling that was to blame.  Even set against the worst coaching I have seen in my lifetime, this team had the opportunity to win at least 4-5 games having a lead until the bitter end.  

:tinfoilhat:   any chance Hue is staying around is a ploy to secure the coaching opportunity at the Sr. Bowl and get a free access to potential QB candidates?  If there is a coaching shakeup, then the Browns won't be offered that opportunity.  But if Hue remains HC, then the Browns should get the offer and quickly accept in order to spend time with those potential draftees.  :tinfoilhat:

Just trying to make sense of WTF this guy is still with the organization....aside from having incriminating pictures of someone with something at someplace.  There has to be a logical reason, right?
Maybe he is a quality coach that knows the team/players and is willing to stay with the team. You don't actually think a team with a 1-31 record in a bad location can have their choice of coaches do you? Most of the top coaching options this year have either A. tried and failed once before and would not be likely to take their last coaching shot at Cleveland, or B. Are new up and coming coaches who have seen that happens when the A coaches have taken "any job" just to be a coach. 

Cleveland is better off keeping Hue then letting him go, and taking their chances. What if the let him go and then have to resort to some re-tread that just got fired cause no-one wants that job. And spare me the "what coach would not want a team that is one player away" responses. 

Cleveland has poor ownership, is start fresh with leadership again, has made the playoffs one in 18 years, and has marginal talent on the field (if only they had a quality QB to build with.....can you say Wentz..the guy they said was horrible?). No quality coach would take this job in the win now or get fired NFL. 

That is why Hue is still there. He is a viable coach that i sunder contract, and their chances of getting better are very low. 

I'm responding to all the "haters" out there. You clearly here just to "stir the pot",. I'm trying to give a balanced opinion on how to to fix this team. These fans are in serious denial about a team that has made the playoffs once in 18 years. This team is not one player/coach away. And the owner will do nothing but give them lips service as long as the $$ is flowing in. 
You act like the team isn't trying to win and just happy to collect the fans money and move along. Your "plan" is overly simplistic and not very realistic for a fanbase to follow. The whole point of being a fan is to believe and ride out the down years in order to get the high of the good years. 

Also a franchise has already left the City once - and your "plan" could lead to that happening again.

I'm laying this out rationally here but its obvious that you're really only in here to troll and kick a fanbase while they are down. Somehow you think that rooting for a successful team makes you a better person. Fairly strange logic, but I'm sensing that's really all you have going for you.

You act like the team isn't trying to win and just happy to collect the fans money and move along. Your "plan" is overly simplistic and not very realistic for a fanbase to follow. The whole point of being a fan is to believe and ride out the down years in order to get the high of the good years. 

Also a franchise has already left the City once - and your "plan" could lead to that happening again.

I'm laying this out rationally here but its obvious that you're really only in here to troll and kick a fanbase while they are down. Somehow you think that rooting for a successful team makes you a better person. Fairly strange logic, but I'm sensing that's really all you have going for you.
I have seen nothing that shows me this Owner cares about winning. He hires cheap inexperienced team managers that sold him on a "moneyball" (I.E. cheap) way of winning. He finally fired a legit GM, but I think thats just to buy him more time to make $$$ with a poor product by selling the "future",. This franchise will not win with this owner..mark my words. Empty seats, anda team in the RED will force a sale to a legit owner. 

I never said rooting for a winning tea makes me a "better person", please show me where a said that. I will say that if my team has made the playoffs one year in 18, I would be looking for a better organization to root for. 

I have seen nothing that shows me this Owner cares about winning. He hires cheap inexperienced team managers that sold him on a "moneyball" (I.E. cheap) way of winning.
The Browns actually took on a major salary just to add an asset (second round pick) - and the former front office was more analytically based than "moneyball" based - since NFL teams compete on an even playing field (i.e. salary cap) there's no reason to practice moneyball.

Dr. Octopus said:
The Browns actually took on a major salary just to add an asset (second round pick) 
Yeah how did that work out? Perfect example of a grasping at straws attempt to turn a franchise around. They could have had an Elite QB to build around (Wentz), and they passed on him, they made a number of poor personnel decisions and they have a horrible roster. The Owner hired a poor staff who took a bad roster and made it worse while distracting the fans with "wow" moves that only bought them time. 

The hoffster is one of those trolls that picks and chooses what to respond to and relentlessly tries to hammer one main point home over and over and over again.  Like, we get it, come bump your posts in a year.  Along those lines, where is Kizer's biggest fan Riversco these days?  

Also, hoffster, it's starting to swirl a little bit more around this great city that he actually will attempt to sell the team in the near future.  I don't buy into that yet, but I'm just saying it's out there.

, it's starting to swirl a little bit more around this great city
Wait you live in NY, Chicago, LA, SF, Dallas, or another great city? I thought you were in Cleveland. I googled "Great City" and Cleveland and it said simply "File not found, error"

For your sake I hope it's true. He was a poor pick for an owner but the NFL was in a rush and wanted to get an owner in quickly. I hope they learned their lesson and will find an owner who is not Inept and a crook in his businesses. 

Wait you live in NY, Chicago, LA, SF, Dallas, or another great city? I thought you were in Cleveland. I googled "Great City" and Cleveland and it said simply "File not found, error"

For your sake I hope it's true. He was a poor pick for an owner but the NFL was in a rush and wanted to get an owner in quickly. I hope they learned their lesson and will find an owner who is not Inept and a crook in his businesses. 
You must have spelled something wrong in your Google search or don't know how to perform a simple Google search.

Still dying to know the answers to my questions.  I know you read them, you read everything here.

Yea, not trolling. Only posting clear, concise opinions on how to better the franchise. Once again, thanks for confirming my point.

You must have spelled something wrong in your Google search or don't know how to perform a simple Google search.

Still dying to know the answers to my questions.  I know you read them, you read everything here.
Yeah...I'm pretty sure "great city" and Cleveland is not something that go together outside of the rust belt. The only I have seen great in that city is the airport because I'm happy to be leaving. 

Yeah...I'm pretty sure "great city" and Cleveland is not something that go together outside of the rust belt. The only I have seen great in that city is the airport because I'm happy to be leaving. 
Oh, so you really didn't search it and are just making up funnies.  Got it.

how did getting a second round pick for free work out? I guess it depends on who they pick but since it was the Texans' pick and is early, so far pretty good. 
For that CAP space they could have added 2-3 Quality players vs. one rookie (and rookies have a 40% bust rate). I would say they again made the wrong choice, but used a "wow" move to distract the media and the fans. 

For that CAP space they could have added 2-3 Quality players vs. one rookie (and rookies have a 40% bust rate). I would say they again made the wrong choice, but used a "wow" move to distract the media and the fans. 
They still could add 2-3 quality players with the cap space now (plus they still have the pick). I actually think Sashi did a pretty decent job based on what he had to work with at the beginning. Sometimes a team needs to be torn down to rebuild properly. They have some young pieces in place now and a lot of early picks.

It's obvious that every move the front office made did not pay off and failing to draft Wentz or Watson when they had the chance were fatal blows, but that doesn't mean they are not trying to win.

You dismiss the notion that getting a QB in place won't be a major step in the right direction but look what just happened in San Fran.

I don't disagree with the premise that this is a pretty broken organization but you came into the thread throwing it into their fans faces with a rather simplistic and unrealistic solution: "You guys need to stop supporting your team".

I'm a Jets' fan and it's mostly a poorly run organization there as well, but I'm not going to stop being a fan - it just isn't in me to do so. At least they've had some mild successes in the past 15 years.

They still could add 2-3 quality players with the cap space now (plus they still have the pick). I actually think Sashi did a pretty decent job based on what he had to work with at the beginning. Sometimes a team needs to be torn down to rebuild properly. They have some young pieces in place now and a lot of early picks.

It's obvious that every move the front office made did not pay off and failing to draft Wentz or Watson when they had the chance were fatal blows, but that doesn't mean they are not trying to win.

You dismiss the notion that getting a QB in place won't be a major step in the right direction but look what just happened in San Fran.

I don't disagree with the premise that this is a pretty broken organization but you came into the thread throwing it into their fans faces with a rather simplistic and unrealistic solution: "You guys need to stop supporting your team".

I'm a Jets' fan and it's mostly a poorly run organization there as well, but I'm not going to stop being a fan - it just isn't in me to do so. At least they've had some mild successes in the past 15 years.
And that's why teams like the Brown and Jets never take it to the next level. At the end of the day their owners make bank while their fans fill their pocketbooks regardless of records. thank you for proving my point. There is no way a team with poor results gets my loyalty for 10+ years without any real success on the field. 

Save your "you have no loyalty" comments to yourself. When I came to love my team it was a middle-tier team, which grew to greatness. If they went 10+ years without material wins, I'd turn the page and spend my $$ elsewhere. 

And that's why teams like the Brown and Jets never take it to the next level. At the end of the day their owners make bank while their fans fill their pocketbooks regardless of records. thank you for proving my point. There is no way a team with poor results gets my loyalty for 10+ years without any real success on the field. 

Save your "you have no loyalty" comments to yourself. When I came to love my team it was a middle-tier team, which grew to greatness. If they went 10+ years without material wins, I'd turn the page and spend my $$ elsewhere. 
The problem is you only think you have a point - you don't have one at all. You think if Browns' fans put their orange sweatshirts and brown caps in a drawer somehow the team will try harder to be good. You also don't seem to realize that most of the money to be made comes from the television contracts.

And I guess you don't pay any attention to any other teams but the glorious one you follow if you think the Jets have not had any real success on the field in the last 10+ years. (here's a hint they've been in 2 AFC championship games in that time frame).

What winning quality franchise is that again, and where are you from?  TIA

The problem is you only think you have a point - you don't have one at all. You think if Browns' fans put their orange sweatshirts and brown caps in a drawer somehow the team will try harder to be good. You also don't seem to realize that most of the money to be made comes from the television contracts.

And I guess you don't pay any attention to any other teams but the glorious one you follow if you think the Jets have not had any real success on the field in the last 10+ years. (here's a hint they've been in 2 AFC championship games in that time frame).
1. Yes the money comes from the TV contracts, but if the franchise becomes so unsupported that the Browns become nothing but a money hole for the league at some point they will have to step in and make change happen. 

2. WOW TWO WHOLE AFC Championship games, which they lost??? I stand corrected. We really need to need to re-name the Lombardi Trophy to honor this amazing feat. Maybe the Ryan Trophy? That's the least we can do to recognize 2 AFC Championship LOSSES..... :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm not impressed...just in case you could not tell. Wow....I wish I could relate but I don't have to told onto weak results like that to support my fan support....I guess it could be worse, I could be a Brown fan.

You dont know a lot about much do ya?

Guys, Hoffman has won this thread hands down.  He has managed to suck worse than the Browns organization. 

Cant stop being a browns fan hoffa but i applaud the attempt.  Your hate for cleveland needs some therapy though.  Its obvious something terrible happened to you here.  Sorry about that.  I'm sure you were a good dude before you got beat up or raped or whatever.

You dont know a lot about much do ya?

Guys, Hoffman has won this thread hands down.  He has managed to suck worse than the Browns organization. 

Cant stop being a browns fan hoffa but i applaud the attempt.  Your hate for cleveland needs some therapy though.  Its obvious something terrible happened to you here.  Sorry about that.  I'm sure you were a good dude before you got beat up or raped or whatever.
Pretty likely given the crime statistics. You Brown's fans are the REAL victims. 

1. Yes the money comes from the TV contracts, but if the franchise becomes so unsupported that the Browns become nothing but a money hole for the league at some point they will have to step in and make change happen. 

2. WOW TWO WHOLE AFC Championship games, which they lost??? I stand corrected. We really need to need to re-name the Lombardi Trophy to honor this amazing feat. Maybe the Ryan Trophy? That's the least we can do to recognize 2 AFC Championship LOSSES..... :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm not impressed...just in case you could not tell. Wow....I wish I could relate but I don't have to told onto weak results like that to support my fan support....I guess it could be worse, I could be a Brown fan.
So people should only be fans of teams that win multiple Super Bowls in a 10 year span? I’m switching to the Pats. Thanks. ?

So people should only be fans of teams that win multiple Super Bowls in a 10 year span? I’m switching to the Pats. Thanks. ?
Took ya long enough.

While ur at it, make sure you put your son up for adoption if he isnt getting good enough grades before you move to bahhhhhston

If a team's W/L record makes you stop being a fan, you were never a fan in the first place.
If your team has a bad W/L record you’re probably not a very good fan. Some people can start rooting for teams when they’re middle tier teams and before you know it root them into a Super Power.

Looks like Alonzo Highsmith from the Packers front office will be joining Dorsey. Good hire.
I was thinking recently about what it is that keeps the Patriots on top.  Certainly, BB & Brady are a HUGE part of it.  But, I also see that they fill out their roster with players.  That is, they rarely find themselves struggling due to injuries because they have guys like Burkhead and Amendola -- not superstars, but players who can fill in.  Hoyer, and now Harrison.  I want the Browns to make this procedure a priority going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread