Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****


Recommended Posts

if they can keep one between Landry and Beckham, I believe the choice is clear. 
 

and I hope DPJ continues to develop, he could be a nice piece of this group moving forward.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MAC_32

    2610

  • ghostguy123

    2327

  • amnesiac

    1927

  • Bracie Smathers

    1919

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he was concussed...I'm sure Haley kept reminding him on the sideline he was concussed.  Haley wasn't going to let him back in that game, Hue be damned.   Taylor: Coach, I can play.  I ju

This isn't going to be a "only positive comments allowed" type thing. But don't do what you did. And you know what you did. If you've got something constructive to discuss about how the team

Ryan Engle‏ @rengle83 13h13 hours ago I read the survival handbook for these situations. If you’re attacked by a Jermaine Whitehead, just pretend like you’re a tight end running at a moderate pac

33 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

The cap situation depends on that potential WR room shake up. There is $0 penalty from whacking Beckham and minimal from moving on from Jarvis. Higgins isn't under contract either. Pure speculation, but I wonder if ask Landry to take a pay cut and if he refuses re-sign Higgins then let Juice walk is plan A. And should the latter come to fruition how does Beckham respond? 

I dont expect an analytic heavy front office to prioritize LB. If a rover like JOK fell to us round one, maybe. Otherwise, mid round picks and wave two one year free agents. 

I'd hate to completely revamp the WRs. Not sure how Mayfield will respond to that. He has grown this year, but I'm afraid that he is still needs some maturity to handle that much change at once. I feel like Beckham will be gone this next season. Landry is a comfort piece for Mayfield. I also realize you probably don't have one without the other though. They move OBJ and Landry is probably not long term. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, top dog said:

I'd hate to completely revamp the WRs. Not sure how Mayfield will respond to that. He has grown this year, but I'm afraid that he is still needs some maturity to handle that much change at once. I feel like Beckham will be gone this next season. Landry is a comfort piece for Mayfield. I also realize you probably don't have one without the other though. They move OBJ and Landry is probably not long term. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

I agree. I think an ideal scenario is Landry restructures, we keep Beckham, replace Higgins with someone like Perriman in March, and add someone like Nico Collins in April. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

The cap situation depends on that potential WR room shake up. There is $0 penalty from whacking Beckham and minimal from moving on from Jarvis. Higgins isn't under contract either. Pure speculation, but I wonder if ask Landry to take a pay cut and if he refuses re-sign Higgins then let Juice walk is plan A. And should the latter come to fruition how does Beckham respond? 

I dont expect an analytic heavy front office to prioritize LB. If a rover like JOK fell to us round one, maybe. Otherwise, mid round picks and wave two one year free agents. 

I thought Beckham's clean break was after next season....it's right now?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hats off to the Browns for a great season. Yesterday was such a weird game with the Mahomes injury that I'm not sure how to analyze it. I thought the Chiefs did some really good things, but I also think the Browns did some really good things.

The Chiefs obviously were fortunate on the fumble at the goal line and the non-call of that hit. 

And truth be told - they were fortunate to win that game, period. After that interception by you guys, I fully expected Stefanski to just run, run, run that whole drive to win the game. And I do believe he tried to do that.  But the Chiefs D stepped up when it mattered most.

The Browns are a good team. They are going to be a good thing moving forward. I really like Stefanski as a coach - it seems like finally they have someone and a LOT of pieces in place to build on this. 
 

They are an easy team to root for, that's for sure. And fun to watch. A nice mix of old-school and some new age swagger. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, amnesiac said:

if they can keep one between Landry and Beckham, I believe the choice is clear. 
 

and I hope DPJ continues to develop, he could be a nice piece of this group moving forward.  

First, congrats on a great season, guys.

Second, DPJ looks like a find. He can stretch the field with his speed, he seems to have good field awareness, and has size for miles. All in all, it's a heck of a package you guys got in the late rounds. I heard Perriman mentioned, but Perriman is always hurt. Was for the Jets even on a prove-it deal. The ony time he's been with it was for a brief time in Tampa. Might want to see what DPJ has before looking elsewhere.

Anyway, that's my take on brief watching of your team. Congrats again -- you were one bad call away from an AFCCG with Buffalo. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Hats off to the Browns for a great season. Yesterday was such a weird game with the Mahomes injury that I'm not sure how to analyze it. I thought the Chiefs did some really good things, but I also think the Browns did some really good things.

The Chiefs obviously were fortunate on the fumble at the goal line and the non-call of that hit. 

And truth be told - they were fortunate to win that game, period. After that interception by you guys, I fully expected Stefanski to just run, run, run that whole drive to win the game. And I do believe he tried to do that.  But the Chiefs D stepped up when it mattered most.

The Browns are a good team. They are going to be a good thing moving forward. I really like Stefanski as a coach - it seems like finally they have someone and a LOT of pieces in place to build on this. 
 

They are an easy team to root for, that's for sure. And fun to watch. A nice mix of old-school and some new age swagger. 

 

  1. You...get out
  2. Congrat's on the win, good game
  3. now GTFO
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Yesterday was such a weird game with the Mahomes injury that I'm not sure how to analyze it.

First, everyone hopes Patrick is ok but I fear he may not be ready by this weekend.

It was a weird game but you guys came out and dominated early so IMHO you earned the win.

Lots of time to game plan, bringing up the safeties to seal the edge shut down the run game in the first half.  Pressuring from the outside, again with the safeties was a big time move since Baker had been toasting the blitz.  Then the big call to ice the game at the end.

I went to school at CU with Beinemy and I think EB should be an NFL HC.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rockaction said:

DPJ looks like a find. He can stretch the field with his speed, he seems to have good field awareness, and has size for miles. All in all, it's a heck of a package you guys got in the late rounds. I heard Perriman mentioned, but Perriman is always hurt. Was for the Jets even on a prove-it deal. The ony time he's been with it was for a brief time in Tampa. Might want to see what DPJ has before looking elsewhere.

I don't agree. This team needs perimeter weapons that stretch the defense vertically to open things up for everyone else and DPJ can't do that. Not right now anyway. This is where Beckham was sorely missed. If DPJ proves otherwise next season then adjust for '22, but he's to be treated as a #4 or #5 next season. 

Perriman had a good cameo here that he turned into that shot in Tampa. Now that he flopped in New York I expect him to be priced accordingly, which is why I mentioned him. He is interchangeable with any other wide receiver that can stretch defenses vertically. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I am just sad.

don’t be.  the Browns appear to have a QB and a HC.  
 

they are entering what I would dare to call a “Super Bowl Window”.  
 

it’s a great place to be.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

once they start paying Mayfield, I’d be surprised if they don’t just start drafting WRs in the 2nd or 3rd round every year and never paying any of them.  
 

ala Rogers and the Packers.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...