What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Darren McFadden: Buy, Sell, Hold, or Cut Bait? (1 Viewer)

Buy, Sell, Hold, or Cut Bait?

• Buy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell

• Hold

• Cut Bait

• Total voters
I meant RB2 with Rb1 potential in ppr as a ceiling for McFadden.
yes i know, and i think that's far too optimistic. even if DMC (and oakland) round into form relatively soon, he's still lacking in all categories to make it as a RB2 or RB1 in PPR.... he needs more carries, more catches, more TDs, and a better YPC before he could be a RB1. IMO that's just not gonna happen. I think his version of success would be to stay healthy, run the ball 12-15 times per game, and tack on 3 or 4 receptions... maybe he can get 10 TDs in a year, maybe. if all that happens he could be a asset as a RB2. best case scenario.
And probably not in 2010.

Feel free to add your league specs and situation involving McFadden. Also, give your opinions on the player, team, etc.
Cable must've convinced Al Davis to let him do things his way, and if that happens, we're more likely to see Bush as a featured RB with Fargas the #2, and some QB not named Russell at the helm..Oakland played their hearts out down the stretch of the season, I'm betting they're the surprise team of 2010...possibly playoff bound..maybe, just maybe..

Last edited by a moderator:
The Raiders need to become more creative on offense and find ways to use a player with McFaddens skill set properly and more consistently. There are signs that he could help make that offense better over the last 2 years, but they have come few and far between. The offense needs an identity, some guidance and some creativity.

For instance, In PPR have a look at the end to this season

Wk 12: Mcfadden had 4 catches on 5 targets for 43 yards

Wk 13: 0 catches on 2 targets

WK 14: 3 catches on 4 targets for 84 yards

WK 15: 0 catches on 0 targets in excusable to not target him in a game

Wk 16: 4 catches on 5 targets for 55 yards

WK 17: 0 catches on 2 targets

12 catches on 19 targets for 132 yards.

If Mcfadden plays a full year they should look to target him 70-90 times at the minimum. At 4 targets a game that would put him at 80 targets on the year.

RB targets per game for RB's this past season that have game changing ability

-C. Johnson 4.4 targets a game

-R. Rice 6.3 targets a game

-MJD 4.4 targets a game

-F. Gore 5 targets a game

-J. Charles 4 targets a game

-S. Jackson 4.9 targets a game

-McFadden had 3.2 targets a game. They need to find a way to allow McFadden a chance to average 3 plus catches a game not just target him 3 time a game. If he catches 3.1 balls a game on average he would catch 50 balls. On 21 receptions this year he averaged an 11.67 yard per catch. If he catches 50 balls and keeps that yard per catch around 9 or 10 that would give him 500 yards in just recieving alone which should be happening.

It is to early to give up on this guy yet in PPR.

The Raiders need to become more creative on offense and find ways to use a player with McFaddens skill set properly and more consistently. There are signs that he could help make that offense better over the last 2 years, but they have come few and far between. The offense needs an identity, some guidance and some creativity.For instance, In PPR have a look at the end to this seasonWk 12: Mcfadden had 4 catches on 5 targets for 43 yardsWk 13: 0 catches on 2 targetsWK 14: 3 catches on 4 targets for 84 yardsWK 15: 0 catches on 0 targets in excusable to not target him in a gameWk 16: 4 catches on 5 targets for 55 yardsWK 17: 0 catches on 2 targets 12 catches on 19 targets for 132 yards. If Mcfadden plays a full year they should look to target him 70-90 times at the minimum. At 4 targets a game that would put him at 80 targets on the year.RB targets per game for RB's this past season that have game changing ability-C. Johnson 4.4 targets a game-R. Rice 6.3 targets a game-MJD 4.4 targets a game-F. Gore 5 targets a game-J. Charles 4 targets a game-S. Jackson 4.9 targets a game-McFadden had 3.2 targets a game. They need to find a way to allow McFadden a chance to average 3 plus catches a game not just target him 3 time a game. If he catches 3.1 balls a game on average he would catch 50 balls. On 21 receptions this year he averaged an 11.67 yard per catch. If he catches 50 balls and keeps that yard per catch around 9 or 10 that would give him 500 yards in just recieving alone which should be happening.It is to early to give up on this guy yet in PPR.
Hard to get too many catches when he's splitting time.

Depends on the price but I would guess anyone who has held on to him thus far values him more than those willing to buy on the cheap.

Hold/buy

He has the talent to be an elite player, but Situation and inuries have held him back. Assuming Oakland can get some decent QB play, and Mcfadden is 100% healthy, i think he can still be a top 10 fantasy RB if he is given the opportunity to do so.

As a DMC, Bush and Fargas owner, I just hope for one of them to grab the reins and be a productive back in 2010.

I am buying on Bush, and holding on DMC and Fargas. The ideal situation would be if Bush can grab the feature back role in Oak-town and DMC gets moved somewhere else where he can be more productive.

As a DMC, Bush and Fargas owner, I just hope for one of them to grab the reins and be a productive back in 2010.I am buying on Bush, and holding on DMC and Fargas. The ideal situation would be if Bush can grab the feature back role in Oak-town and DMC gets moved somewhere else where he can be more productive.
I would imagine that vush would be more likely to be moved somewhere else, not DMC

Users who are viewing this thread