What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Getting weird texts from ex-employer.. (1 Viewer)

Jayrod

Footballguy
So, I've shared in here before the lunacy that was my previous place of employment (most noteably the owner).I was fired on October 15th amid false claims that I stole from my employer and forged documents. None of it was true and has been the owners MO when firing employees over the past two years (his entire staff has been turned over from a year ago). He is basically trying to pin his financial difficulties on everyone else and is so closely tied to the company that corporate bankruptcy = personal bankruptcy.Also, I still have not received a final paycheck nor a $1300 expense check owed me. When I get my W2 this year, it showed an extra paycheck, so I haven't filed my taxes yet either.Now I've basically not dealt with this at all because I was crazy busy with finding a new job, having a baby (well, my wife did) and taking the CPA exam. I've now gotten a job, our baby girl is 6 weeks old and healthy and I passed the CPA exam, so I'm ready to get something done on all of this crap.But throughout this, I've also gotten several text messages from the ex-boss. All of them are quite bizarre and I have NEVER responded. I'll show them to you verbatim:The first was on October 28th:

Thst offer is still out there and ive been praying for u brother. God is good and its iHis spirit and grace guiding me. Let the burden go i fiorgive you in His name. It's your fellowship and prayer that provided strength to me. You deserve this brither. Pray about it and let God's spirit bring you peace and reconciliation. Dont let the dark side win.God's will is going to prevail and I trust Him. you should too. Pray seeking the courage to allow this and trust with the faith it's God's desire to see you forgiven. It's okay.I have found peace and reconciliation. You have a gift and God uses those with faith in powerful ways. I know it's difficult for you but pray for this.
He is basically using my religious beliefs to coax a "confession" out of me here. I spent some time over my last few months there praying with him and really trying to help him spiritually as well as financially. Guy doesn't really take advice from anyone, though...Then on January 19:
Did you have your baby?
This is the only really normal one. I hadn't yet and I got this text about my 2nd day on the new job. Baby was born a week later.Then on 3 seperate occasions, I received the exact same text (I think he is "resending" it because when he sends it again, the old one goes away.) I'm not sure on the dates, but they are all a couple of weeks apart and the last one was on March 11 at 1:30am. Anyway, here it is:
Yes, that is it. Weirdest. text. ever. Seriously, WTF?Then later on March 11, I get a picture text....it is of an ambulance type commercial truck of some kind with no description. I can't even see the truck very well since I have a crappy flip phone that is old and scratched up, so I have no idea what the deal is here.I did actually try to call the office in the evening on March 9 to leave a message that my W2 was wrong but the phone picked up and there was silence and then my baby started crying so I hung up. I'm guessing the last two texts are a result of that call.So anyway, I just thought I'd share and ask, WWtFFAD?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did actually try to call the office in the evening on March 9 to leave a message that my W2 was wrong but the phone picked up and there was silence and then my baby started crying so I hung up. I'm guessing the last two texts are a result of that call.

So anyway, I just thought I'd share and ask, WWtFFAD?
Holy F that would freak me out too. How did your baby get to the office?

It's Friday and I really believe this thread has potential if you play your his cards right. Obviously you will need to contact him today with some cryptic text message of your own or at least go all Jackie Chan on him about the money he owes you.

:goodposting:

It seriously sounds as if this person may be in the midst of some sort of mental breakdown.
If so, its been going on for about a year now.I know some of the other ex-employees are worried a bit about their safety. I've not even gotten the worst of it.I go back and forth between whether he really believes someone stole from the company or not. On one hand, its pretty obvious where the money went and there is no evidence that anyone stole anything (and he's looked everywhere) so a logical person would know nothing like that happend. But yet, he is carrying out his insistance on some "crime" being committed to this day. He's even pursued getting charges filed, but can't get anywhere because he has nothing. At this point he's either a committed liar or really losing his mind.

It's Friday and I really believe this thread has potential if you play your his cards right. Obviously you will need to contact him today with some cryptic text message of your own or at least go all Jackie Chan on him about the money he owes you. :clap:
Sorry, but this is real life stuff, so counter-lunacy is not going to happen. This guy could be really unstable.

It's Friday and I really believe this thread has potential if you play your his cards right. Obviously you will need to contact him today with some cryptic text message of your own or at least go all Jackie Chan on him about the money he owes you. :popcorn:
Sorry, but this is real life stuff, so counter-lunacy is not going to happen. This guy could be really unstable.
:clap: I guess we will just have to find aonther Friday thread.

You really need to get your W-2 straightened out or you will be filing an extension shortly (being a CPA, you know more about it than I do I am sure), how long does the employer have to correct it and what happens if they go out of business before getting it straight?

Also, I am thinking small claims on the reimbursement before he declares bankruptcy unless you just want to right it off.

Be really careful here. This guy is on the brink of snapping. Seriously. He sounds like the kind of guy who'd arm himself and take his failures out on those around him.

Do you have a picture of this guy? Make sure your wife knows what he looks like.

You really need to get your W-2 straightened out or you will be filing an extension shortly (being a CPA, you know more about it than I do I am sure), how long does the employer have to correct it and what happens if they go out of business before getting it straight?Also, I am thinking small claims on the reimbursement before he declares bankruptcy unless you just want to right it off.
The W2 rule is basically, you try to get it straightened out with the employer, and if you get nowhere you tell the IRS and they'll try to get it corrected. Then you can fill out a form based on your paystubs and use that to replace the W2.Also, I've kicked around the small claims court. I may just go that route on my expense check and hold on the payroll stuff in case he gets stupid and I need to get more serious with him. I don't think I'll ever collect a thing, though, so I'm of the opinion that I just write it off and move on...but this lingering crap with texts is not letting me forget and move on. If he'd just leave me alone, I'd probably leave him alone but it doesn't seem like he's moving on yet.

Be really careful here. This guy is on the brink of snapping. Seriously. He sounds like the kind of guy who'd arm himself and take his failures out on those around him. Do you have a picture of this guy? Make sure your wife knows what he looks like.
I worked there for 3 years. My wife knows exactly what he looks like. My whole family has met him as well but I don't know if they'd all remember what he looks like.

It's Friday and I really believe this thread has potential if you play your his cards right. Obviously you will need to contact him today with some cryptic text message of your own or at least go all Jackie Chan on him about the money he owes you. :lmao:
20 posts in an hour. Pretty sure this is what killed the thread. It's not to late to antagonize the guy. If not for yourself do it for us.

I would try to get the W2 and expense check straightened out with the person who handles the finances. Make it completely about business, receipts, logical progression of how it happened in writing, where to mail the check, etc. I'm sure the boss will need to sign off on it but it should be from the finance person's perspective of "Taking care of an old expense check. Everything is legit and it checks out." If the boss is the finance guy I'd let it go.

I agree with others that say stay away from this guy. Breakdown is in the works here.

That first text was wack. But I must say, your choice to pray with the boss at work is very unusual to say the least.

But I must say, your choice to pray with the boss at work is very unusual to say the least.
It wasn't forced at all and was a natural progression from our relationship. He initiated as much as I did.I think back and think he was maybe just trying to play the religious card to get me on his side...things had already gone haywire while I was still there......, but at the time I thought he was genuinely into it.

You should be able to have his number blocked... I think. I've never done that, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.
I wouldn't do this. Who knows what may happen down the road? I would not only not block the number, I would be sure to KEEP all texts from this person. Who knows when it may need to be used in court to show his deterioration of mental state. Assuming the worst that is.

You should be able to have his number blocked... I think. I've never done that, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.
I'm probably going to look into this, but I wouldn't mind gathering more "evidence" of his nuttiness in case I need it for something in the future. Not that the testimony of about a dozen people isn't enough.

Jayrod said:
Then on 3 seperate occasions, I received the exact same text (I think he is "resending" it because when he sends it again, the old one goes away.) I'm not sure on the dates, but they are all a couple of weeks apart and the last one was on March 11 at 1:30am. Anyway, here it is:

Code:
Poop
Yes, that is it. Wierdest. text. ever. Seriously, WTF?Then later on March 11, I get a picture text....
Let's hope these two things don't come together....

Not sure which state you work in, but here in California you could take the expense reimbursement matter before the Labor Board.

If you can prove that you requested the reimbursement, your employer was obligated to pay this to you when you were terminated. Having failed to pay you on time, he is liable to pay you your full salary for each and every day (Saturdays and Sundays included) every day that he is delinquent, up to 30 days. So you are not only entitled to the expense reimbursement, but also 30 full days of pay, based on your salary when you were terminated. This is called "Waiting Time Penalty" or "WTP". To get it, all you have to do is file a case with the Labor Board, and ask for the WTP. I've been through this before (on the side of the employer) and the employer's lose almost 100% of the time.

Good luck with this deadbeat psycho.

Not sure which state you work in, but here in California you could take the expense reimbursement matter before the Labor Board.If you can prove that you requested the reimbursement, your employer was obligated to pay this to you when you were terminated. Having failed to pay you on time, he is liable to pay you your full salary for each and every day (Saturdays and Sundays included) every day that he is delinquent, up to 30 days. So you are not only entitled to the expense reimbursement, but also 30 full days of pay, based on your salary when you were terminated. This is called "Waiting Time Penalty" or "WTP". To get it, all you have to do is file a case with the Labor Board, and ask for the WTP. I've been through this before (on the side of the employer) and the employer's lose almost 100% of the time.Good luck with this deadbeat psycho.
Oh, Missouri is great.....they have a 60 day penalty rule, but no branch enforces it. You have to take it to court yourself and you can't sue for those legal fees, only the missing paycheck and 60 days. And then the courts don't collect for you. You still have to jump through all of the hoops to collect. The law sounds great, but for employees it is a pain in the rear to enforce.

Allrighty then....another series of texts from last night:

10:42 PM

10:43 PM

Misssouri highway patrol decoded....
11:46 PM

a picture of a bar code from the bottom of a piece of paper....I can't make out what it is from

12:07 AM

a picture of a basketball game at what looks like Missouri State University

I've got some ideas on what each of these are about except the barcode picture.

Advice? Schtick or otherwise?

4310:43 PM
Code:
11:46 PMa picture of a bar code from the bottom of a piece of paper....I can't make out what it is from

Maybe you should start by telling us what you think each of these are about because to me it makes absolutely no sense.Sounds like you have a lunatic on your hands.

Code:
11:46 PMa picture of a bar code from the bottom of a piece of paper....I can't make out what it is from

Maybe you should start by telling us what you think each of these are about because to me it makes absolutely no sense.Sounds like you have a lunatic on your hands.
:goodposting:

Get your W-2 situation squared away and then disassociate yourself from the guy. Just ignore the texts if they come.

He definitely could be having some sort of psychotic episode because those texts certainly don't seem to make much sense.

Or he just might be having trouble sending texts with his phone. Possibly you are receiving fragments of messages that aren't meant for you.

Code:

OK...here's my guess:The 43 & MO Hwy patrol came back to back and I'm guessing they go together. I don't know exactly what "43" means, but at one point I paid for a traffic ticket for one of our truck drivers. Apparently his truck got overloaded by the warehouse and he was stopped and ticketed for hauling too heavy a load. We had to pay the ticket with a cashier's check and the company didn't have enough money in the bank to cover it at the time it was due. So I got the cashier's check myself and was then reimbursed by the company. I had a lot of documentation on it, but unfortunately, I turned it all in with the expense report. I'm guessing he thinks this was all bogus, even though he has the backup docs and signed the expense check himself.

The picture of the game could be from a game I was at (bracketbuster game, MSU vs. Nevada). I'm thinking he was maybe at that game, saw me sitting in front of him and took a picture to let me know he saw me there. I was in about the 4th row and the picture was from much further back, but at about the same angle as my seats. He is an MSU alum and it wouldn't surprise me if he was at that game.....and it was a great game, too.

Again, I have no idea on the barcode thing.

Get your W-2 situation squared away and then disassociate yourself from the guy. Just ignore the texts if they come.
This is exactly my plan of action. I haven't responded to any texts from him since I was fired on October 15th.I think the heat is coming down on him from several other sides. I have agreed to testify in a couple of cases against him by another former employee, so maybe this is in reaction to seeing me on a list of potential witnesses or something. I don't know and I don't care. Dude is nuts....I will be avoiding him as much as possible, but some of these ex-employee things need my testimony and I'm not going to leave them hanging.

43?Richard Petty fan?
Now, yesterday my 3 yr old son did lose "The King" (character from the movie cars), which is based on Richard Petty and has the #43....maybe he overheard us looking for it with the bugs he planted at the babysitters house?

Users who are viewing this thread