What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Ok, having not read a post in here, I just came to ask...is this a quality show (ie. non-soap opera/Lost crap) or should I skip it. TIA, Will answer yours!

Finished getting caught up this weekend and love the show. I think what I like most about it is that it's not like a zombie horror movie where it's all zombie attacks. It's a more realistic view of what it would be like trying to live in a world like that. My two biggest observations were:

1) I was totally on board with Shane's actions until he turned on Rick

2) I was glad when Dale got killed, he was pretty annoying

Looking forward to Season 3, and being able to read this thread now! :thumbup:

I'm sure this has been discussed in here but I'm not reading 100 pages to find out. Anyone know if the Black guy and his kid, from season 1 episode 1, come back into the show?

Rick left them behind and they were going to meet back up. That was the reason Rick wanted go back to get the walkie talkie in that bag.

I'm sure this has been discussed in here but I'm not reading 100 pages to find out. Anyone know if the Black guy and his kid, from season 1 episode 1, come back into the show?

Rick left them behind and they were going to meet back up. That was the reason Rick wanted go back to get the walkie talkie in that bag.
I haven't read the comics, so this is just my opinion, but you've got to assume that they will. I can't imagine it not happening at some point. I think the show's ratings are popular enough that there are definitely going to be a few more seasons and I would bet cash money we see them again.

I've worked my way through the first 5 or 6 installments of the comics. Definitely looking forward to Season 3. Now I see why people were anticipating the prison, Governor, etc. -- this is different and more promising than what I was expecting.

Do we really need spoiler tags for the first episode?

I really miss this show. :(That is all.
this should help....http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CEkQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forevergeek.com%2F2012%2F03%2Fmiss-the-walking-dead-already-this-should-help%2F&ei=LXA6UKL4G8L10gHv5YFY&usg=AFQjCNEDjP3gK6GnvVO4YUw4um1jYygj-A&sig2=A7FXu8oVHAD6srS2nBPibQ

Samurai lady is a total badass. Are they going to just have her play babysitter to Andrea in a nice safe town? Seems like a waste.

In regards to the "spoiler" conversation...I'll be talking about an episode the minute it airs.

Being on the left coast...I'll stay out of the thread at 6pm on the nights it airs because people on the East coast will be doing the same.

If for some reason I dvr and can't watch the episode the night it airs...I'll be staying out of the thread until I can watch it and get caught up.

Do not expect me to scream "spoiler alert" about anything that has already aired. If I haven't gotten caught up...then that's on me. We're not gonna treat this like public schooling where we slow the class down in order to coddle lil' drooling Jimmy...he's gonna have to keep up or hit remedial until he's able to join the speed of the front running pack.

Keep up or keep out of the thread until you are caught up...otherwise keep quiet.

In regards to the "spoiler" conversation...I'll be talking about an episode the minute it airs.Being on the left coast...I'll stay out of the thread at 6pm on the nights it airs because people on the East coast will be doing the same.If for some reason I dvr and can't watch the episode the night it airs...I'll be staying out of the thread until I can watch it and get caught up.Do not expect me to scream "spoiler alert" about anything that has already aired. If I haven't gotten caught up...then that's on me. We're not gonna treat this like public schooling where we slow the class down in order to coddle lil' drooling Jimmy...he's gonna have to keep up or hit remedial until he's able to join the speed of the front running pack. Keep up or keep out of the thread until you are caught up...otherwise keep quiet.
Words to live by.

Just rewatched the first half of last season and on second viewing it was better than I thought.

The Sofia thing, though dragged out, wasn't brought up too much so it wasn't a big deal. The characters were built up nicely I thought, to what eventually happens later. Not much action, but again, this isn't an action series. Getting rid of Dale later is such a plus as it gets rid of a horrible character and actor (I thought).

New webisodes online!

here

For the second consecutive year, AMCTV.com is launching The Walking Dead original webisodes. Titled "Cold Storage," the web series is developed, produced and directed by Emmy Award winning special effects guru Greg Nicotero. The four, five-minute shorts were produced by Generate for AMC and are now live on AMCTV.com.

"Cold Storage" tells the story of a young man, Chase (played by Josh Stewart), trying to reach his sister in the early days of the zombie apocalypse. He finds temporary shelter in a storage facility run by a former employee named BJ (played Daniel Roebuck); however, things are not what they appear.

In addition to Stewart (The Dark Knight Rises) and Roebuck (Lost), the cast of "Cold Storage" includes Cerina Vincent (Cabin Fever) as Kelly and Chris Nelson (Kill Bill) as Harris.

Last edited by a moderator:
New webisodes online!

here

For the second consecutive year, AMCTV.com is launching The Walking Dead original webisodes. Titled "Cold Storage," the web series is developed, produced and directed by Emmy Award winning special effects guru Greg Nicotero. The four, five-minute shorts were produced by Generate for AMC and are now live on AMCTV.com.

"Cold Storage" tells the story of a young man, Chase (played by Josh Stewart), trying to reach his sister in the early days of the zombie apocalypse. He finds temporary shelter in a storage facility run by a former employee named BJ (played Daniel Roebuck); however, things are not what they appear.

In addition to Stewart (The Dark Knight Rises) and Roebuck (Lost), the cast of "Cold Storage" includes Cerina Vincent (Cabin Fever) as Kelly and Chris Nelson (Kill Bill) as Harris.
:thumbup: Sunday can't come soon enough :excited: :popcorn:

Action figures will be ready by..... You guessed it.. Halloween!! :lol:
I like how they are all $15-$30 except Darryl which is $130! I was going to get my GF the DD action figure for Christmas but not at that price.
That's not the normal price. It's out of stock through the normal seller and someone is selling it on the market at a mark up.
ive looked all around (the web) and can't find it for much cheaper. Do you know if the "normal seller" (who is that?) will be in stock anytime soon? Thanks.

season 3 walking dead 4 minute trailer...WOW :excited:

http://www.amctv.com...he-walking-dead
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: MICHONNE & A PAIR OF CHAINED UP ZOMBIES FTW
So dumb. I'm afraid they're going to take a poorly written but very entertaining show and just make it completely unwatchable.
So stop watching
You're right. When you're pessimistic about something, the best thing to do is to just give up entirely. :crazy:
If Carl doesn't make it unwatchable for you, Michonne sure won't.
:goodposting: I gave in and watched the last 4 episodes or so of season 2 because the teasers for 3 got me excited. It's still mind numbing how bad that kid is. Sure, he's a kid, but he's the worst child actor I've ever seen. Probably comes from his screen mom. Fortunately there was enough action for me not to get caught up in critique. Saw kind of a lot of Tbone it seemed, wonder if it's leading to

going downtown with Michonne! The shark move was kicking back and not getting involved until he meets the only badass chick in the world and then swoop in

Also, really don't like the look of the Governor.

In regards to the "spoiler" conversation...I'll be talking about an episode the minute it airs.Being on the left coast...I'll stay out of the thread at 6pm on the nights it airs because people on the East coast will be doing the same.If for some reason I dvr and can't watch the episode the night it airs...I'll be staying out of the thread until I can watch it and get caught up.Do not expect me to scream "spoiler alert" about anything that has already aired. If I haven't gotten caught up...then that's on me. We're not gonna treat this like public schooling where we slow the class down in order to coddle lil' drooling Jimmy...he's gonna have to keep up or hit remedial until he's able to join the speed of the front running pack. Keep up or keep out of the thread until you are caught up...otherwise keep quiet.
:goodposting: This ain't rocket science.

I have a question that maybe I missed discussion on but one thing really bothered me about the Shane finale. I thought Shane was taking Rick somewhere isolated to do the deed, but it seems like he took Rick to a field that's in plain view of the house and Carl was able to see them and come over. Did I miss something or is that just one of those things we just have to accept as a plot device? Also, why did Shane turn so quick but Dale stayed regular dead long enough to bury, as did the other inhabitants of their little graveyard? I admit to watching the final 3-4 episodes late at night and may have drifted off a bit here and there so your help is appreciated.

I have a question that maybe I missed discussion on but one thing really bothered me about the Shane finale. I thought Shane was taking Rick somewhere isolated to do the deed, but it seems like he took Rick to a field that's in plain view of the house and Carl was able to see them and come over. Did I miss something or is that just one of those things we just have to accept as a plot device? Also, why did Shane turn so quick but Dale stayed regular dead long enough to bury, as did the other inhabitants of their little graveyard? I admit to watching the final 3-4 episodes late at night and may have drifted off a bit here and there so your help is appreciated.
This show isn't about the great writing.

New webisodes online!

here

Very good. :thumbup:

I recently started watching this show, partly because I saw a 100+ page thread here. I watched the first two seasons on Netflix in about a week. I love the show, but I have a feeling I am going to hate waiting for a new episode each week. That is the great thing about catching up on a series all at once.

'mad sweeney said:
For the first question, just typical sloppy TV/movie writing. I've always laughed about it. They supposedly walked for hours off into some remote spot in the wilderness, only to end up 100 yards from the barn. They must have been walking really slowly.For the second question, I believe that Jenner mentioned in the S1 finale that the amount of time it takes to turn varies from person to person.

I'm very aware of that nugget. That's why I stopped watching mid season. I just thought that having the barn in plain sight couldn't be as sloppy as I thought it was because that's pretty bad, even by this shows standards.

I noticed my DVR was set to record some kind of sneak peak overnight one night this week. Check your schedule...

I'm very aware of that nugget. That's why I stopped watching mid season. I just thought that having the barn in plain sight couldn't be as sloppy as I thought it was because that's pretty bad, even by this shows standards.
Did you see the episode when they lowered the Asian kid into a well where a walker was waiting for absolutely no reason whatsoever?

Did you see the episode when they lowered the Asian kid into a well where a walker was waiting for absolutely no reason whatsoever?
I thought they were trying to get a rope around it so they could pull it out of the well? Either way they failed since it's ### fell back in.

I thought they were trying to get a rope around it so they could pull it out of the well? Either way they failed since it's ### fell back in.
it was contaminating the water so they wanted to get it out.. didnt work out too well

I recently started watching this show, partly because I saw a 100+ page thread here. I watched the first two seasons on Netflix in about a week. I love the show, but I have a feeling I am going to hate waiting for a new episode each week. That is the great thing about catching up on a series all at once.
you could probably skip most of the begining episodes in season 2.. waste of time

Action figures will be ready by..... You guessed it.. Halloween!! :lol:
I like how they are all $15-$30 except Darryl which is $130! I was going to get my GF the DD action figure for Christmas but not at that price.
That's not the normal price. It's out of stock through the normal seller and someone is selling it on the market at a mark up.
ive looked all around (the web) and can't find it for much cheaper. Do you know if the "normal seller" (who is that?) will be in stock anytime soon? Thanks.
Toys R' Us will carry them. I also know Game Stop has carried McFarlane figures in the past.

Are you guys drunk when you're watching these shows?They ended up back in the field becuase Shane is an insane ####### who hesitated and didn't realize that Rick had led him back to the farm.Dale didn't turn because...well...he got shot in the head by Daryl.They lowered Glen into the well because they had to get a rope around the walker to get him out.Sheesh.. :rolleyes:

Are you guys drunk when you're watching these shows?They ended up back in the field becuase Shane is an insane ####### who hesitated and didn't realize that Rick had led him back to the farm.Dale didn't turn because...well...he got shot in the head by Daryl.They lowered Glen into the well because they had to get a rope around the walker to get him out.Sheesh.. :rolleyes:
:goodposting: Can't wait for Sunday night but it's going to be crazy. Packers game.Walking Dead returns.Dexter.I need to buy some more TVs.

Users who are viewing this thread