What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (5 Viewers)

I think some of you need to start watching a different show.

Anyway, I thought the opening scene was awesome with none of them talking. They all had their assignments and knew what to do without verbalizing once... cuz theyve been doing it so long.

I think some of you need to start watching a different show.Anyway, I thought the opening scene was awesome with none of them talking. They all had their assignments and knew what to do without verbalizing once... cuz theyve been doing it so long.
The dogfood thing was a little over the top.Due to the rapid outbreak there should be tons and tons of supplies.

I enjoyed it. I keep thinking they need to make spears--spears made of rebar would be very effective IMO.

I can understand why they needed to get in and get the gate closed, but as far as clearing out the levels, I think they should have just stayed behind a locked jail cell, make lots of noise and just let the zombies come to them. I guess I just have used that method in countless video games over the years.

I like the Lori zombie baby idea. That would be awesome.

I made the mistake of watching the preview Comcast had and to find out Rick has a British accent in real life (he was born in South Africa) just shocked me and made watching last night kind of hard.

An in utero zombie fetus would be harmless. It has no teeth. Newborn babies are so weak that they can't even pick their heads up, fetus's stuck a uterus can barely maneuver. It could kick, just like a normal fetus does all of the time anyways.

An in utero zombie fetus would be harmless. It has no teeth. Newborn babies are so weak that they can't even pick their heads up, fetus's stuck a uterus can barely maneuver. It could kick, just like a normal fetus does all of the time anyways.
Have you seen the nails on a new born baby? That's all it would need to claw it's way out. That and slurping up the rest.

Nice start, lotta up close & personal zombie killin'. I've read the comics up through issue 80something so I'm going to just try to follow along here without too much input but for those just jumping all over this episode, quit watching. Tired of every show thread devolving into a pissing match about how terrible the show is. This episode had everything we all #####ed about last year that was missing and the thread is loaded with criticism. Go ####### nitpick at the watercooler haters jeez :rolleyes:

Nice start, lotta up close & personal zombie killin'. I've read the comics up through issue 80something so I'm going to just try to follow along here without too much input but for those just jumping all over this episode, quit watching. Tired of every show thread devolving into a pissing match about how terrible the show is. This episode had everything we all #####ed about last year that was missing and the thread is loaded with criticism. Go ####### nitpick at the watercooler haters jeez :rolleyes:
I liked it. But the marksmanship in the yard was ludicrous.

heres a zombie baby for youhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWybvMAsrpM

I think some of you need to start watching a different show.Anyway, I thought the opening scene was awesome with none of them talking. They all had their assignments and knew what to do without verbalizing once... cuz theyve been doing it so long.
and the silencers on the guns was a nice touch

My complaints:

Just way too campy. If this show wants to be serious then they need to act seriously. Rushing in made no sense.

This show needs to be consistent with the rules. First they said the blood could infect and now they are rubbing the zombie blood off on their shirts. Whats that about.

Next I dont get the whole, we are surrounded by zombies. Just get in a car and drive through them. Also why arent they trying to find out more about the zombies?

They just keep rehashing the same storyline over and over.
Im pretty sure they must be starving at this point

zombies in full riot gear = awesome.
I found it interesting that the convict zombies were just staying in that court yard area while the fence was open and the guard zombies were outside the gate area, not inside with the convict zombies.They were staying segregated by choice...hmmmm.

How come everyone can pull off head shot after head shot?

Why does no one ever have to reload?

Where in god's name would they have found a silencer?

Where did they get the (apparently) huge stockpile of ammo for all of these different kinds of guns?

How much longer are Daryl's half dozen or so crossbow bolts going last?

:lmao:

Before you guys jump all over me, I understand that this isn't a serious drama. I'm not trying to complain here so much as just make an observation about a show that I like. It's still a fun and enjoyable show, and I will continue to watch. It's just a bit disappointing to me that things seemed a lot more realistic and believable early on (yes, I know we're talking about a zombie show here), but now it's like they've just said, "Screw it, since there are zombies anyway, don't worry too much about anything else being realistic."

Again, still a fun and entertaining show; I was just hoping they'd keep things a bit more credible.

How come everyone can pull off head shot after head shot?Why does no one ever have to reload?Where in god's name would they have found a silencer?Where did they get the (apparently) huge stockpile of ammo for all of these different kinds of guns?How much longer are Daryl's half dozen or so crossbow bolts going last? :lmao: Before you guys jump all over me, I understand that this isn't a serious drama. I'm not trying to complain here so much as just make an observation about a show that I like. It's still a fun and enjoyable show, and I will continue to watch. It's just a bit disappointing to me that things seemed a lot more realistic and believable early on (yes, I know we're talking about a zombie show here), but now it's like they've just said, "Screw it, since there are zombies anyway, don't worry too much about anything else being realistic." Again, still a fun and entertaining show; I was just hoping they'd keep things a bit more credible.
Daryl retrieves his bolts from da bodies

Darryl needs to bed that old whore down and get it over with.

Liked the idea that some time had passed between season two and season three and they had become more of a fighting unit but didn't really get it at first. Once I saw Lori more preggers it made sense.

New badass Carl is an improvement.

Was ready for more Michonne and the Governor. Prolly next week.

Real world me would have definately been more methodical to clear the prison but that doesn't make for good Teevee.

Prison survivors will probably be a mix of good guys and bad guys. Obligatory rape or rape attempt likely. I'm betting the little blonde.

Cutting off Herschel's leg will slow the virus but ultimately fail. Maggie will do the honors of finising her father off.

I predict lots of teasers for zombie baby but ultimately comes out pink and healthy giving us all hope for a better future.

That is all.....

Rick chopping off Herschel's leg was awesome. As soon as it happened I was like "Chop that #### off!", and he did. At least he has a chance.

I was fine with how they took the yard. I was fine with how they took the cellblock. I thought it was ridiculus that they would have let zombies get behind them when they started clearing the rest of the prison. Don't keep moving forward unless you know your escape route is safe. If you come to an intersection, and everyone goes one direction, your escape is not safe!

This however, did not prevent me from liking the episode. The zombies in riot gear were a very nice touch.

I was fine with how they took the yard. I was fine with how they took the cellblock. I thought it was ridiculus that they would have let zombies get behind them when they started clearing the rest of the prison. Don't keep moving forward unless you know your escape route is safe. If you come to an intersection, and everyone goes one direction, your escape is not safe!This however, did not prevent me from liking the episode. The zombies in riot gear were a very nice touch.
How do you suggest they clear a place like that which has a ton of different corridors?

I was fine with how they took the yard. I was fine with how they took the cellblock. I thought it was ridiculus that they would have let zombies get behind them when they started clearing the rest of the prison. Don't keep moving forward unless you know your escape route is safe. If you come to an intersection, and everyone goes one direction, your escape is not safe!This however, did not prevent me from liking the episode. The zombies in riot gear were a very nice touch.
How do you suggest they clear a place like that which has a ton of different corridors?
set up a "kill zone" where you are safe and you can draw all of the zombies into a narrow corridor.

set up a "kill zone" where you are safe and you can draw all of the zombies into a narrow corridor.
They hadn't encountered any zombies until then. They stayed in a group and moved together. They had a marked path. I don't think they did anything outrageously dumb. :shrug:It would be hard to safely clear a building of that size with so many corridor intersections and rooms with so few people.

They hadn't encountered any zombies until then. They stayed in a group and moved together. They had a marked path. I don't think they did anything outrageously dumb. :shrug:It would be hard to safely clear a building of that size with so many corridor intersections and rooms with so few people.
I liked how they cleared the yard. I think they should have used the same tactic inside the prison - divide and conquer, and arrange the clearing such that you have a clear advantage. Regardless, when you encounter multiple corridors, they should have known that their flank was unsecured - should have been reason for caution.I don't really care though. Thought it was a great episode. Love this show.

ill have to watch thids episode agai.. i dont remember any of the second half think i was drinking too muich :unsure:

I enjoyed it. I keep thinking they need to make spears--spears made of rebar would be very effective IMO. I can understand why they needed to get in and get the gate closed, but as far as clearing out the levels, I think they should have just stayed behind a locked jail cell, make lots of noise and just let the zombies come to them. I guess I just have used that method in countless video games over the years.I like the Lori zombie baby idea. That would be awesome.I made the mistake of watching the preview Comcast had and to find out Rick has a British accent in real life (he was born in South Africa) just shocked me and made watching last night kind of hard.
I just rewatched "Love Actually" yesterday and it was a trip to see him in that movie...all British and non-zombie-killerish.

Rick almost got shot... Do you want them to show every missed shot? Think of every head shot you see is the 5th or 6th attempt. They cut out the boring missed shots.
See above. So you want to watch people miss shots and reload all episode?
They found it in a gun shop they raided in one of the many towns... or someones house or in a van down by the river. Does it matter?
Where did they get the (apparently) huge stockpile of ammo for all of these different kinds of guns?
They found it in a gun shop they raided in one of the many towns... or someones house or in a van down by the river. they have already said they are running low. and got a new stock pile from the prison.
You can reuse arrows... Don't get sucked into the LOST type watching. Not everything has an answer and sometimes you need to make up your own. They don't show everyone taking a dump or wiping their ### but I'm pretty sure they still do.

Rick almost got shot... Do you want them to show every missed shot? Think of every head shot you see is the 5th or 6th attempt. They cut out the boring missed shots.
They found it in a gun shop they raided in one of the many towns... or someones house or in a van down by the river. Does it matter?
They found it in a gun shop they raided in one of the many towns... or someones house or in a van down by the river. they have already said they are running low. and got a new stock pile from the prison.
You can reuse arrows... Don't get sucked into the LOST type watching. Not everything has an answer and sometimes you need to make up your own. They don't show everyone taking a dump or wiping their ### but I'm pretty sure they still do.
:lmao:

Great great great great episode.

Love how bad-### Rick has become. He's basically become a single-minded killing machine. Chopping off Hershel's leg was epic. Jack Bauer would be proud.

Also liked how he's pushed Lori away. B***h deserves it after all she's done.

Liked how Carl has become a shell of a kid, just another zombie killer. Also liked how he's trying to put the moves on Hershel's other daughter.

Holy mother of goodness is Maggie hot. And you just know she's all kinds of naughty.

I had no problem with how effective at killing the zombies the group had become. It showed that they were a well-connected unit (not dead as Dale feared) and it also shows that in this world you either adapt or die. They're adapting.

The zombies in riot gear were a very nice touch.
They were, but it was also stupid. They were banging on the helmet and not understanding why the zombies weren't dying, and then farmers daughter realizes you can raise the face shield and stab them. Then she shows the others. REALLY? THIS WASN'T OBVIOUS TO ALL OF THEM IMMEDIATELY?!?!?!?

The zombies in riot gear were a very nice touch.
They were, but it was also stupid. They were banging on the helmet and not understanding why the zombies weren't dying, and then farmers daughter realizes you can raise the face shield and stab them. Then she shows the others. REALLY? THIS WASN'T OBVIOUS TO ALL OF THEM IMMEDIATELY?!?!?!?
The Maggie Method.Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Keep a couple people at the first intersection to guard the flank. Have the rest of the group go down one of the corridors until they come to Zombies or a gate. close and lock gate. Go back to the intersection. do the same thing with all the corridors off the first intersection. Once you have gates locked blocking all corridors, then proceded as a group to one of the locked gates, open, and continue exploring. Again, it didn't ruin me enjoying the episode, but it just had the feel of "let's rush in, oh no, we're trapped". The humans have locked gates, keys, and intelligence. All the zombies have is numbers and their incredible funky smell. Should be advantage humans.

Rick almost got shot because people were taking precision shots only inches away from him. Why would they do this?
It would take literally fractions of seconds to show either of these things happening.
Kind of, since IRL, a pistol silencer is not something that would just be lying around at a gun shop or at a van down by the river. That's an item that would be incredibly hard to come by.
So houses have been raided to the point that dog food is a find, but gun shops supplies of ammo and pistol silencers have remained untouched? :confused:
You can reuse arrows...
To some extent, but it's ridiculous to think that he wouldn't have lost all of this arrows by now. Especially if they're raiding entire towns, house by house, as you seem to suggest.
Don't get sucked into the LOST type watching. Not everything has an answer and sometimes you need to make up your own. They don't show everyone taking a dump or wiping their ### but I'm pretty sure they still do.
Again, an enjoyable show, but come on.

How come everyone can pull off head shot after head shot?Why does no one ever have to reload?Where in god's name would they have found a silencer?Where did they get the (apparently) huge stockpile of ammo for all of these different kinds of guns?How much longer are Daryl's half dozen or so crossbow bolts going last? :lmao: Before you guys jump all over me, I understand that this isn't a serious drama. I'm not trying to complain here so much as just make an observation about a show that I like. It's still a fun and enjoyable show, and I will continue to watch. It's just a bit disappointing to me that things seemed a lot more realistic and believable early on (yes, I know we're talking about a zombie show here), but now it's like they've just said, "Screw it, since there are zombies anyway, don't worry too much about anything else being realistic." Again, still a fun and entertaining show; I was just hoping they'd keep things a bit more credible.
:goodposting: Not to mention being able to secure that one gate with a couple of D-clips and a what looked like a necklace.

LMAO at the problem of not showing people reloading. IN WHAT MOVIE OR TV SHOW DO THEY CONSTANTLY SHOW PEOPLE RELOADING?

For a show that has awesome makeup and effects, Lori looks like she has a beach ball strapped to her. Least convincing pregnancy ever. Also, I still see her as Sara Tancredi every time shes on screen.

Rick almost got shot because people were taking precision shots only inches away from him. Why would they do this?
Because they are not soldiers and bad at shooting.
It would take literally fractions of seconds to show either of these things happening.
Why show it? Again they don't show people falling a sleep or eating a whole apple. Did they eat the whole apple did he share it did he throw it away and get an orange? Your question and those like it are dumb there's no reason to show it. You KNOW it's happening right? You know how a gun works just like you know how to eat an apple. So why waste any time on it? It's silly.
Kind of, since IRL, a pistol silencer is not something that would just be lying around at a gun shop or at a van down by the river. That's an item that would be incredibly hard to come by.
Why is it kind of important? Does it add anything to the story if they show Carl coming across it in a gun collectors house? Or a police station? No it doesn't. He has it and that's what matters. It's like people who ##### about LOST and never having answer. Where did the statue foot come from? Who built it? Where did they come from? Why did they go to the island? It's not important to the story. And the questions can go on forever. Where did the collector get the silencer? What happened to him? Why didn't he take it with him? Did anyone else come across it? On and on we go. Just accept they have it now. It's not really that big of a deal.
So houses have been raided to the point that dog food is a find, but gun shops supplies of ammo and pistol silencers have remained untouched? :confused:
Nobody is saying that and you should have taken the fact when Rick said ammo is running low so they would have to use hand to hand. It's like you're looking for stuff to complain about and not paying attention to the show and the realism you so desire.
To some extent, but it's ridiculous to think that he wouldn't have lost all of this arrows by now. Especially if they're raiding entire towns, house by house, as you seem to suggest.
Why? There's an archery store 2 miles from my house. Maybe the group hit one of those and he has a few hundred in the back of one of the cars. It's not out of the question and totally believe able. If I'm in the group I want a crossbow 9 times out of 10 over a hand gun for the very reason you can reuse the arrows.
Again, an enjoyable show, but come on.
Come on what? You would rather watch people take dump, eat dinner, reload, stab hundred of zombies threw a fence, find random crap in houses and stores, take a bunch of shots and miss, if they have 2 cans of peas or 3 cans of creamed corn? Sounds like a really boring show. If you need to be spoon feed this information maybe The Walking Dead isn't for you. As for me I want the plot to continue to move forward. I know they have to reload. I know they will find random stuff along the way. By showing all that crap all it does is slow the plot down.

farmers daughter has went up a few notches on the hot scale
[HarryStamper]It's not that she's any hotter than last season, it's a lack of options[/HarryStamper]
For a show that has awesome makeup and effects, Lori looks like she has a beach ball strapped to her. Least convincing pregnancy ever. Also, I still see her as Sara Tancredi every time shes on screen.
Glad somebody else does that too.

Because they are not soldiers and bad at shooting.
What evidence is there that they are bad at shooting? One miss in a seeming endless stream of kill shots. And I don't buy the argument that there were all sorts of misses that they just failed to show us. The way they shot that scene, everything appeared to be happening in real time.

You guys sound like my wife. Last night, my wife asked me where they shave at because everyone is so well groomed except Herschel. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread