What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Getting the guns then accidentally blowing them up?

Thought that would be a bit more maligned on here.  One of the low points of the series.  Absolute mail job.
I wasn't so annoyed by that just because getting the guys AWAY from the saviors is a huge advantage.

Definitely the best episode of the season (not that that's saying much). Especially intrigued by the helicopter.

The one thing about this show that I've simply never understood is how the entire government and military could fall. The zombie virus (at least as far as we've seen) can only be transferred by biting. The zombies take a long time to turn, move slowly and go down with a headshot. How in the world could even a MASSIVE herd overwhelm a well armed, well trained military force? It never made any sense to me. I get that NOW (several years into the outbreak) the military would have a tough time mobilizing (due to the lack of a communication and fuel) but in the early days of the outbreak? I dont get it.
This thought explains why so many were disappointed in Fear the Walking Dead.  They had a great opportunity to put some flesh on the outbreak.  It is why I tuned into FTWD to begin with.  My guess is that the cost involved was too extreme and they just cut that whole aspect out.  I was especially interested in how the power grid went out to quickly.  Zombie in the gears? 

Whole lotta people need to change the channel/cancel the series record on the DVR. How many people in this thread post every week, "Well that was the worst episode of the season." 

It's like a whole slew of people in this thread should've appeared in this commercial
Should everyone be praising the show when it struggles?  We love the series and want it to continue to be awesome.  

Should everyone be praising the show when it struggles?  We love the series and want it to continue to be awesome.  
The same guys come in here every week and say, "That sucked donkey balls again." How many times can you suck on donkey nads before you pull the plug?

Last edited by a moderator:
The same guys come in here every week and say, "That sucked donkey balls again." How many times can you suck on donkey nads before you pull the plug?
Well, every episode this season has been pretty week except for this last one and everyone has said how this last episode was better.  Anyone that cares about something and is invested in it will have criticism towards.  I have my own criticism towards it because I want it to continue on and be great, I don't want to see it suck and fizzle out.

This thought explains why so many were disappointed in Fear the Walking Dead.  They had a great opportunity to put some flesh on the outbreak.  It is why I tuned into FTWD to begin with.  My guess is that the cost involved was too extreme and they just cut that whole aspect out.  I was especially interested in how the power grid went out to quickly.  Zombie in the gears? 
you can look it up on google, there has been some speculation as to what would actually happen from, you know, scientists and disaster experts and stuff.   i think last i remember the consensus is that it wouldn't be anything like what you see in movies or TV, and that the exponential wave of zombies would go away rather quickly from rotting flesh and unstable bones.

basically when you watch a zombie movie or tv show, you have to accept the fiction that dead people can run around like live people, indefinitely forever.

After 6+ seasons I'm in it for the long haul, but I still reserve the right to complain about ####ty episodes
thats where I am at.  However I wish I did what I did with Fear the walking dead and just quit watching it completely or maybe get high and zip through a couple of episodes.  I feel I am too invested now in TWD to just stop. I mainly watch now albeit a few days later just to see how badly the writers are screwing up.

thats where I am at.  However I wish I did what I did with Fear the walking dead and just quit watching it completely or maybe get high and zip through a couple of episodes.  I feel I am too invested now in TWD to just stop. I mainly watch now albeit a few days later just to see how badly the writers are screwing up.
I have up on Fear sometime during when the boat got overtaken because the daughter made a boyfriend over the radio 

I just never cared about any of the characters.

I have up on Fear sometime during when the boat got overtaken because the daughter made a boyfriend over the radio 

I just never cared about any of the characters.
Same here. Nobody endearing on that show. The thought of a crossover pisses me off. I feel like I'm being arm wrestled into finding out what happened to those terrible characters. 

El Floppo said:
Appears you're not even reading the thread any more. 
Oh, I'm reading. For every, "Best episode of the season," There's at least one, "Why do I keep watching this crap?" And sometimes, those two happen in the same post!?!?!

I never understood the "too invested" comment. If you hate the show, stop watching. You're just wasting more time on something you don't really like. Judging by this thread, it doesn't look like much has happened this season, at least as far as who is still alive. You could have saved like 6 hours of your life already for something you might enjoy. If you care that much, tune into the series finale and see how it ends.

I never understood the "too invested" comment. If you hate the show, stop watching. You're just wasting more time on something you don't really like. Judging by this thread, it doesn't look like much has happened this season, at least as far as who is still alive. You could have saved like 6 hours of your life already for something you might enjoy. If you care that much, tune into the series finale and see how it ends.
You have emotionally invested a lot of time and want to see some closure is the main reason and you watch with the hope it picks up and gets better somewhere.

I hate watched Dexter for about the last 2 seasons just so I could see how it ended....and was disappointed the whole way through. 

I gave up here at the Glen dumpster shimmy in part because there was no direction for an end in sight for this show. This show is just a cash cow for them now and they will ride it into the ground and whenever it does end I can't imagine it will be a finale people will be very pleased with. If there was an end in sight at the Glen scene perhaps i would have chugged through but hell no, these people can keep this going for 4 more seasons.

You have emotionally invested a lot of time and want to see some closure is the main reason and you watch with the hope it picks up and gets better somewhere.
I guess I should rephrase it. I understand the thought that you spent a lot of time with a show, I just don't understand that being a reason to keep watching a show you no longer like. Although the thought that you are hoping it improves is understandable. That at least makes a little sense even though it is unlikely to happen.

I guess I should rephrase it. I understand the thought that you spent a lot of time with a show, I just don't understand that being a reason to keep watching a show you no longer like. Although the thought that you are hoping it improves is understandable. That at least makes a little sense even though it is unlikely to happen.
that's the obvious statement here. 

I doubt anybody is still watching this because they expect it to continue to be bad. I liked the story, I like the apocalypse genre and I keep hoping that they can get it back on track... and I'm invested in and still wanting to see where it goes. but it's damned frustrating and getting to the point where it slips further back in my consideration of what to watch. if it continues as it has been, It'll end up like FTWD for me- forgotten and unwatched.

it's bizarre to me that there are people out there (in here) who don't see the huge slide in quality and aren't frustrated enough with it to want to talk about it in here with other fans. it's bizarre to me to want to adopt the mindset of "turning off your brain" to watch this- which equates to turning yourself into a moron so you can enjoy something moronic. can't do it. also bizarre that people can't understand that in spite of the weekly expressed frustration and disappointment, we're still fans or wouldn't watch. 

and it's telling that there's been more discussion about the criticism than the actual story. once you get into the story they've been telling, it's just too easy and obvious to rip apart. and clearly some people can't handle having a show they have to turn their brains off and turn into a moron for get reasonably criticized.  :shrug:  

I think the one thing that makes it more frustrating is that we have to wait each week for a new episode and the season is split in half which makes us wait even longer.  When you're forced to wait for episodes you really want something great in return for waiting.  If the show released the full season each year and we could binge watch it then it wouldn't be as bad.

I hate mid season breaks very, very much.

I may have been drunk last night but I am pretty sure they did the "ONLY 3 episodes left" teaser.

If true this may be the worst season ever for this show.  A whole lot of nothing

I heard that as well.  But I checked on IMDB.  3 more until the "winter break".  There is 16 episodes scheduled for this season.

as "bad" as people think this is (and i've lodged a few complaints)  I'd still rather watch this season than any of the Governor stuff.   Couldn't stand that whole cycle.

Clearly I need to watch this one a third time. Fell asleep on the first attempt, and was apparently distracted last night upon second viewing, because I completely missed the bag of guns and the helicopter :unsure:  

I mentioned it before but will again.. heroes.. I was All in the first season, mostly in the 2nd season.. But half way through the 3rd I realized I was wasting my time and stopped.. Time is just to short, and there is so much else to do/watch then to waste it watching something I hate hoping it will get better.

But hey, maybe it's just us that value the time we have on this thing we call Earth. ;)

Clearly I need to watch this one a third time. Fell asleep on the first attempt, and was apparently distracted last night upon second viewing, because I completely missed the bag of guns and the helicopter :unsure:  
Figured it out...my stream didn't include the final scene (was it after the credits rolled, like they've been known to do in the past?). :lol:  

Definitely the best episode of the season (not that that's saying much). Especially intrigued by the helicopter.

The one thing about this show that I've simply never understood is how the entire government and military could fall. The zombie virus (at least as far as we've seen) can only be transferred by biting. The zombies take a long time to turn, move slowly and go down with a headshot. How in the world could even a MASSIVE herd overwhelm a well armed, well trained military force? It never made any sense to me. I get that NOW (several years into the outbreak) the military would have a tough time mobilizing (due to the lack of a communication and fuel) but in the early days of the outbreak? I dont get it.
see "Battle of Yonkers"

Why am I still watching. This season makes no sense and this plan is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. 
some of what they are doing has to be trolling the audience or the execs. I feel like when Trump was in campaign mode and he said "i can kill somebody and people would still vote for me" (or whatever it was). i mean, what was the 10 minutes of the Garbage Pail people for? i know the story of origin, and there are multiple interesting things they could put on the show, so they don't need filler. 

Love the end when Edith asks Aaron, "where are you going?" and he says "to make sure we win". perfect example of the writers feeling like they have to do something they don't. Why would Aaron not just say "i'm going _____________"?

and i'm guessing it is a given that Darrell is either a ninja or magician.

Just another terrible episode and how big of an idiot is rick? 

I'm in through the mid-season finale, might stop after that we will see.  I missed last Sunday's episode and did not watch it until yesterday, did not feel like I was missing anything and almost had to force myself to watch it.  

Don't know if any of you caught it, but I rewound and saw that the flame throwing guitar hood ornament guy from fury road was in the front of opera-mobile.

I forgot how goofy the garbage pail kids are, and yet I found monosyllabic leader chick super hot in the overall things with nothing under.

I liked the siddiq? character. Fingers crossed they don't turn him into something goofy too.

Speaking of... what happened to Morgan again?

Speaking of... what happened to Morgan again?
Unfortunately, I watched enough of talking dead to learn he is on his way to meet up with the fear the walking dead cast (it doesn't sound like it should impact this show though, not sure?).  They are getting really desperate to come up with things to keep people watching either show. 

Unfortunately, I watched enough of talking dead to learn he is on his way to meet up with the fear the walking dead cast (it doesn't sound like it should impact this show though, not sure?).  They are getting really desperate to come up with things to keep people watching either show. 
I thought TWD was now much later than fear...  I guess it would take a long time to get to Mex/Cal from VA, what with all the bad gas. Are they going to make a spinoff like Kung-Fu where Morgan wanders the land spinning yarns and his stick?

Rick and the dumpster divers...I assume getting captured was part of the plan. Actual true. Not sure why they wouldn't kill him, but him getting captured had to be something they all assumed was going to happen, so are now working their 1b plan.

Whoever decided to make the Garbage pail kids a big part of this show needs to be taken out back with Negan's bat :deadhorse:

Also, that has to be the 2nd or 3rd time already this season where the "Good guys" show up out of nowhere just in time to save "The Plan" ..
This week Daryl shows up just in time to smash the Speakermobile. IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!

Only redeeming part of this episode was the guy vaporizing from a RPG and Gregory getting put in "jail" with the Saviors.

So Morgan is the cross over character.  Abraham would have made sense since he's from Texas and came across country with Eugene.  But how is Morgan tied to that group?  Did the helicopter grab him and take him out west?

He was with his wife and kid in rural Atlanta when he met Rick at the beginning.  Is he going to go out there as psycho Morgan or gentle stick man Morgan?  

The dumpster wench is right about one thing.  Rick too much talk.  And they are keeping Gavin (that his name?) with the long hair around for a reason.  It better be because they are saving a gruesome death scene for him.  

Whoever decided to make the Garbage pail kids a big part of this show needs to be taken out back with Negan's bat :deadhorse:

Also, that has to be the 2nd or 3rd time already this season where the "Good guys" show up out of nowhere just in time to save "The Plan" ..
This week Daryl shows up just in time to smash the Speakermobile. IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!

Only redeeming part of this episode was the guy vaporizing from a RPG and Gregory getting put in "jail" with the Saviors.
It’s getting silly. Why not a really cool scene like Rosita stopping the Savior who goes around the other way and Michonne decapitates her. Then they meet up with Daryl. The writing isn’t improving at all.

Also, long haired bad guy is way too annoying. Of course Morgan doesn’t get revenge and of course we know that he’s going to be the big plot device and escape. Why doesn’t the good savior or Gregory rat on the guy? They can’t act normal because we know the long haired guy has a specific thing he has to do even if it’s going to be stupid. Jesus has seen him egg on Morgan and now hill topper lady almost had her gun taken. Make an example? Kill the one savior that you know has already started three attempts to kill you. Nope, let’s leave him alone and let’s get Rick naked an put into the A shipping container. Now garbage pail kids are Terminus? Such a stupid group.

Also, Snogger seeing as how Daryl doesn’t give a #### about Rick not getting home, would you say that that wasn’t really part of the plan and that his plan fight with Daryl was stupid?

It’s getting silly. Why not a really cool scene like Rosita stopping the Savior who goes around the other way and Michonne decapitates her. Then they meet up with Daryl. The writing isn’t improving at all.

Also, long haired bad guy is way too annoying. Of course Morgan doesn’t get revenge and of course we know that he’s going to be the big plot device and escape. Why doesn’t the good savior or Gregory rat on the guy? They can’t act normal because we know the long haired guy has a specific thing he has to do even if it’s going to be stupid. Jesus has seen him egg on Morgan and now hill topper lady almost had her gun taken. Make an example? Kill the one savior that you know has already started three attempts to kill you. Nope, let’s leave him alone and let’s get Rick naked an put into the A shipping container. Now garbage pail kids are Terminus? Such a stupid group.

Also, Snogger seeing as how Daryl doesn’t give a #### about Rick not getting home, would you say that that wasn’t really part of the plan and that his plan fight with Daryl was stupid?
Sorry, but YES..  it was always part of the plan for Rick to try and win back the Garbage Pail Kids..It was the reason for all the Polaroid :pics: taken throughout the attacks.
Rick wanted Pictures to show to the GPK's to prove they had the upper hand on the Saviors and their best bet for survival was to rejoin with Rick.

Also, this season so far has only been over 2 days... Michonne even said at one point as they were driving "It's been a Day and Half and I need to see what is happening".
So it's not like they are "missing" Rick yet as he just left Daryl within the same day.

Sorry, but YES..  it was always part of the plan for Rick to try and win back the Garbage Pail Kids..
It was the reason for all the Polaroid :pics: taken throughout the attacks. Rick wanted Pictures to show to the GPK's to prove they had the upper hand on the Saviors and their best bet for survival was to rejoin with Rick.

Also, this season so far has only been over 2 days... Michonne even said at one point as they were driving "It's been a Day and Half and I need to see what is happening".
So it's not like they are "missing" Rick yet as he just left Daryl within the same day.
and I mentioned it above, but there's no way they didn't plan on Rick getting taken prisoner. I mean... there are only two possible outcomes from his approach: prisoner/killed or garbage-time. unless it was the kingdom that was planned to come to his rescue, there has to be a plan for that outcome. then again- with these writers, who knows.

still don't know why the gp gang didn't kill him, as that seems to be the plan for team-negan (or did they say they wanted them captured and then publicly killed?... kinda like dr evil and scott with the sharks)

Sorry, but YES..  it was always part of the plan for Rick to try and win back the Garbage Pail Kids..
It was the reason for all the Polaroid :pics: taken throughout the attacks. Rick wanted Pictures to show to the GPK's to prove they had the upper hand on the Saviors and their best bet for survival was to rejoin with Rick.

and I mentioned it above, but there's no way they didn't plan on Rick getting taken prisoner. I mean... there are only two possible outcomes from his approach: prisoner/killed or garbage-time. unless it was the kingdom that was planned to come to his rescue, there has to be a plan for that outcome. then again- with these writers, who knows.

still don't know why the gp gang didn't kill him, as that seems to be the plan for team-negan (or did they say they wanted them captured and then publicly killed?... kinda like dr evil and scott with the sharks)
You hinted at it later in your sentence.. Negan told all groups that Rick, The King and the Widow were to be kept alive if at all possible for a public execution to bring others in line. :unsure:

Why do they need the garbage gang?
I think because they're trying to isolate negan and the saviors inside sanctuary. dumpster ##### offer a way out for negan etc. 

side thought I had about sanctuary last night... only one way in and out I guess. they keep showing the same stairs, landing and doors with all the zombies bunching there. but it's what seems to be a giant building/factory... can't they just go out a back, side or any other door, get a couple cars and rick roll them out of there with some rick astley blasting on the speakers?

Why do they need the garbage gang?
You mean Rick, or the show in general??
If you mean the show in general VERY :goodposting: Every single frame they are in makes me want to change the channel..

But as far as the why the writers have written it, Rick not only wants the numbers, but it will also help them keep an eye on a group that already back stabbed them once.

You hinted at it later in your sentence.. Negan told all groups that Rick, The King and the Widow were to be kept alive if at all possible for a public execution to bring others in line. :unsure:
ok- thought that was the case, couldn't remember exactly. so stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread